What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Cincy-Dayton-Columbus League is underway (2 Viewers)

Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Draft Summary

Monkey Spankers was set up perfectly to draft a playoff-caliber team with the third overall pick. Instead of using that to their advantage, however, they chose to go a different route that's geared more towards losing. They're only projected to finish 12th in FBG of Cincinnati League with a mark of 1-13-0 (1,520 points). They focused on having a balanced offensive attack, selecting QB Aaron Rodgers (22nd overall), RB Giovani Bernard (3rd), WR Julian Edelman (46th), and TE Julius Thomas (27th) within the first five rounds. They ended up with the lowest-scoring group of WRs in the league, as they have Edelman, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, and Malcom Floyd on their team.

Brutal draft. Still, you should nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame. That way, your players will have to live up to the pressure.

Schedule

Week 10 is not looking like a fun one for fantasy football. Monkey Spankers should look into the joys of scrapbooking, or bird-watching, or just keep Monkey Spankers away from the TV. It won't be pretty. They have five players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Looking at the season as a whole, they have the most difficult schedule. Monkey Spankers could run into an early buzz saw, as the first four games of their season are projected to be more difficult than the league average.
:lmao:
Mine just said

"C+ ...loser."

They didn't capitalize the "loser" part, so I'm feelin' pretty good about that.

Great time guys. Highlight for me was either the draft of divisions or when Ben Franklin discovered electricity. Thanks again to Guster for hosting.

Smartest move of the night was the daughter making a beeline for the bedroom upon her arrival. Great time guys, and I will testify that Shuke had the largest bite of the night in true Shuke fashion.

Patriot John

QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton

RB: Matt Forte, Zac Stacy, Shane Vereen, Bobby Rainey

WR: Jordy Nelson, Tavon Austin, Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Stills, Wes Welker

TE: Zach Ertz, Eric Ebron

PK: Matt Prater

TD: Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets

Overview:

Let's start by remarking that we appreciate your old-school leanings: you have a team marked by strength at the running back position. Because the position is so sought after, a team constructed like this usually has a chance to make the playoffs. But with the quarterback and wide receiver both being less strong, you may need to do something to change the outlook of this team. Your deficiencies are likely to show themselves through the bye weeks, so try to manuever early in improving the quarterback and/or receiver positions before week four.

Keep an eye out for quarterbacks like Nick Foles from last year, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck from the year before, and Cam Newton the year before that. All were available cheap in August, and all contributed to fantasy championship teams. Similarly, wide receivers like Julian Edelman, Keenan Allen, and Riley Cooper were available after a lot of the drafts last season. Landing some of this year's top waiver players would be a huge help, so pay close attention to increased workloads, targets, injuries, etc.

Bottom line:

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 65 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 50 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 28 percent chance of making the playoffs.

In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping all your weeks are like week 6 of 2012:

Jordy Nelson vs. HOU: 121 receiving yards, 3 TD

Wes Welker vs. SEA: 138 receiving yards, 1 TD

Andy Dalton vs. CLE: 381 passing yards, 3 TD

Jeremy Maclin vs. DET: 130 receiving yards, 1 TD

Odin

QB: Andrew Luck

RB: Jamaal Charles, LeVeon Bell, Fred Jackson, Bernard Pierce, Khiry Robinson, Ahmad Bradshaw

WR: Alshon Jeffery, Cordarrelle Patterson, Brandin Cooks, Terrance Williams, Steve Smith, Jarrett Boykin

TE: Kyle Rudolph

PK: Robbie Gould

TD: New England Patriots

Overview:

In a competitive league, almost every team has a weakness. It's almost impossible to build a team that is strong at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and wide receiver). Your backs and receivers look just fine. And while it's probably not accurate to describe a team with Andrew Luck as weak at the position, we do think you're dangerously thin. As Tom Brady reminded us of in 2008, even quarterbacks with spotless health records can go down at any time. Thus the lack of depth at QB is what's keeping this team from getting our full endorsement.

So although this team isn't perfect (few are), it should still be a strong contender.

Players we particularly like on this team include Cordarrelle Patterson, Andrew Luck, Ahmad Bradshaw, Bernard Pierce, and the Patriots defense. We have all these guys ranked ahead of where they are typically being drafted.

Bottom line:

With great inseason management, we think you have about a 85 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With good inseason management, we think you have about a 75 percent chance of making the playoffs.

With average inseason management, we think you have a 66 percent chance of making the playoffs.

In any event, we wish you the best of luck. Here's hoping all your weeks are like week 13 of 2013:

Alshon Jeffery vs. MIN: 249 receiving yards, 2 TD

Fred Jackson vs. ATL: 78 combined yards, 2 TD

LeVeon Bell vs. BAL: 136 combined yards, 1 TD

Jamaal Charles vs. DEN: 120 combined yards, 1 TD

Shuke

QB: Matthew Stafford, Sam Bradford

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Pierre Thomas

WR: Demaryius Thomas, Keenan Allen, Torrey Smith, Brian Hartline, Doug Baldwin, Hakeem Nicks

TE: Dennis Pitta, Dwayne Allen

PK: Matt Bryant

TD: Buffalo Bills
oof

Thought you guys might enjoy this:

Draft Summary

Monkey Spankers was set up perfectly to draft a playoff-caliber team with the third overall pick. Instead of using that to their advantage, however, they chose to go a different route that's geared more towards losing. They're only projected to finish 12th in FBG of Cincinnati League with a mark of 1-13-0 (1,520 points). They focused on having a balanced offensive attack, selecting QB Aaron Rodgers (22nd overall), RB Giovani Bernard (3rd), WR Julian Edelman (46th), and TE Julius Thomas (27th) within the first five rounds. They ended up with the lowest-scoring group of WRs in the league, as they have Edelman, Reggie Wayne, Anquan Boldin, and Malcom Floyd on their team.

Brutal draft. Still, you should nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame. That way, your players will have to live up to the pressure.

Schedule

Week 10 is not looking like a fun one for fantasy football. Monkey Spankers should look into the joys of scrapbooking, or bird-watching, or just keep Monkey Spankers away from the TV. It won't be pretty. They have five players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Looking at the season as a whole, they have the most difficult schedule. Monkey Spankers could run into an early buzz saw, as the first four games of their season are projected to be more difficult than the league average.

Great time guys. Highlight for me was either the draft of divisions or when Ben Franklin discovered electricity. Thanks again to Guster for hosting.
Same here. Thanks Guster for hosting and the poker coaching - and thanks again to Patriot John for that applewood smoked pork butt.

We didn't discover electricity but I did some intensive lab tests with a bottle of Stoli.

Despite an Exciting Set of WRs, Binky Should Have Autodrafted Draft Summary

For some the 11th overall pick is a challenge, for others its a blessing, but for Binky it looks to be a curse and an early indicator of the season ahead. Most teams in the league will pick up an easy win against Binky, resulting in their projected 3-11-0 (1,657) record and 11th-place finish in FBG of Cincinnati League. They stocked up on pass catchers right out of the gate using their top three selections to snag WRs Dez Bryant (11th overall), Brandon Marshall (14th), and Vincent Jackson (35th). Binky will rely heavily on this group, as they are the best group of WRs in the league.

:lol: Your welcome.

Draft Summary

In correlation with this draft, Tomato Pie has decided to open a nice little side business that teaches inferior opponents how to draft like a boss. After Tomato Pie hopped off the bus they used to take the rest of these kids to school, they built a roster that's projected to finish first in FBG of Cincinnati League with a record of 10-4-0 (1,714 points). They didn't target any one position early, selecting QB Peyton Manning (8th overall), RB Ryan Mathews (32nd), WR Julio Jones (17th), and TE Jordan Cameron (41st) within the first five rounds. They have the highest-scoring QB duo in the league, as they added Manning and Tony Romo.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??

Had a blast. Thanks Guster for hosting and Patriot John for the quality grub.

Who ended up winning the poker game?

How in the world were those waiver priorities determined? I gotta beat Shuke to a backup QB so as long as I'm ahead of him, could care less what methodology is used.

cacksman said:
Peyton Marino said:
the dudes who got to pick divisions should be last in waivers IMO, huge advantage there.
I'm really beginning to believe that Shuke actually hired that young guy to play Peyton.

Peyton ...if this is actually the same that sat beside me at the draft, you have awfully strong opinions for someone who didn't say #### unless spoken to all night. :lmao:

BigJohn said:
Draft Summary

In correlation with this draft, Tomato Pie has decided to open a nice little side business that teaches inferior opponents how to draft like a boss. After Tomato Pie hopped off the bus they used to take the rest of these kids to school, they built a roster that's projected to finish first in FBG of Cincinnati League with a record of 10-4-0 (1,714 points). They didn't target any one position early, selecting QB Peyton Manning (8th overall), RB Ryan Mathews (32nd), WR Julio Jones (17th), and TE Jordan Cameron (41st) within the first five rounds. They have the highest-scoring QB duo in the league, as they added Manning and Tony Romo.

Nice draft. If there were a Fantasy Football Hall Of Fame, you should nominate yourself. Wait, there is? And you can??
Dammit John - What a mistake I selecting you in our division. I am a big tomato pie fan though. My mom's version kicks ###.

cacksman said:
Peyton Marino said:
the dudes who got to pick divisions should be last in waivers IMO, huge advantage there.
I'm really beginning to believe that Shuke actually hired that young guy to play Peyton.

Peyton ...if this is actually the same that sat beside me at the draft, you have awfully strong opinions for someone who didn't say #### unless spoken to all night. :lmao:
hahaha.. fair enough. in my defense all I had to work with was the script shuke gave me.

Last edited by a moderator:
cacksman said:
Peyton Marino said:

hahaha.. fair enough. in my defense all I had to work with was the script shuke gave me.
Operation Double Flex

cacksman said:
Peyton Marino said:

Engineers.

Good planners. ####ty playwrights.

When do waivers/free agency start?
Weds. But I think we've always done FAAB which is either impossible on Y! or impossible on Y! with an incompetent commish. Sooooo in either case, I dunno
Let's just do a waiver system once the season starts. Free agency open until then.
Yes. I think the waivers will run tomorrow though, followed by FA until wk1, followed by normal WW process.

As for the order just for tomorrow, it looks like reverse order of you joining. Which is neat

After week 1 though, reverse order of standings.

Yahoo screwed up the standings. Anybody know if they're having problems or just us? I assume it will be fixed on its own, but if not soon ill do something to see what's up.

Just saw everyone is pissed on twitter so it's not just us. Monday night players were ignored on scores from last week somehow. I'm sure they'll fix it.

Was cruising along nicely, but had this sinking feeling I was about to start losing altitude. Just hoping not to crash and burn at this point.

Anyone know what the tiebreaker is? Total points or divisional record I'd assume.

Should I even bother to start a kicker against shook? I kind of want to hang on to Vinatieri. And yes I have no idea how to spell his name.

Was cruising along nicely, but had this sinking feeling I was about to start losing altitude. Just hoping not to crash and burn at this point.

Anyone know what the tiebreaker is? Total points or divisional record I'd assume.
I understand its weiner size - meat-to-meat.

I had a lot to drink draft night so not sure who told me that.

Users who are viewing this thread