What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Warhawk for PS3 thread (1 Viewer)

Here Derek - I couldn't understand you when you spoke last night. You were one of the ones that comes across sounding like a distant mumbling, or a bug in the ear.

Last night was one of the few times I was able to get in the SCEA ranked games. The SCEA games are a lot more competive and exciting to play than the user created games.

My rank is 36000 ;)

Here Derek - I couldn't understand you when you spoke last night. You were one of the ones that comes across sounding like a distant mumbling, or a bug in the ear.
Did it sound like something was blowing into the ear piece? I was sitting right by a vent that was blowing out air. If not, i'll try to use my wired headset from now on. Last night was the first time i tried to use the bluetooth headset...

Saw you on last night Derek but when I jumped into your game I ended up on the other team. Looks like you left shortly thereafter. Had an awesome zones game on the server - Archipelago without the outlying islands - just the main middle one. Tons of action and a heated battle for most of the game in the middle fortress - pure adrenaline packed craziness. I ended up being the #1 player :confused: and had 30+ kills. Good fun - the kind of round the game was made for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw you on last night Derek but when I jumped into your game I ended up on the other team. Looks like you left shortly thereafter. Had an awesome zones game on the server - Archipelago without the outlying islands - just the main middle one. Tons of action and a heated battle for most of the game in the middle fortress - pure adrenaline packed craziness. I ended up being the #1 player :lol: and had 30+ kills. Good fun - the kind of round the game was made for.
Oops, just noticed you posted in this thread. Should of checked here before I sent you that pm.. OH wellI was playing for an hour or two before you got on. My girlfriend finished her homework so it was time for me to turn off the game :( and spend some time with her. For some reason, after I die, I get a lil X-button happy and respawn at the wrong location and spend most of the time trying to get back to the battle. I guess thats why I never have many f'ing kills.One thing I do not understand is why they allow you to have clans.. Its not like you can have clan specific matches. Also, while searching the homepage to join a match, you don't know who else is searching and/or what clan they are on. I kind of find it useless. Oh well, I may be missing something there.I probably wont' be on tonight since the girlfriend is leaving tomorrow to go out of town, but I will be on this weekend ;) .

You're not missing anything - they really missed the boat in developing the lobby. It needs a party system so you can jump in with your whole clan if you want. The only way to do it now is to wait until one person gets in and then try and join their game (often repeatedly until you finally get in, which is what I did last night to get into your game) and then switch teams in-game if necessary.

Spawning is definitely key both for staying in the action and being strategic. Yes, it's good to spawn in a highly contested spot to stay in the action and help keep the zone under attack, but spawning back a ways can allow you to grab that tank or warhawk. Take a second when you die and look at your spawning options. It's also a good way to get some team points if you see an enemy at a behind the front line zone trying to snag it on the sly.

You're not missing anything - they really missed the boat in developing the lobby. It needs a party system so you can jump in with your whole clan if you want. The only way to do it now is to wait until one person gets in and then try and join their game (often repeatedly until you finally get in, which is what I did last night to get into your game) and then switch teams in-game if necessary.Spawning is definitely key both for staying in the action and being strategic. Yes, it's good to spawn in a highly contested spot to stay in the action and help keep the zone under attack, but spawning back a ways can allow you to grab that tank or warhawk. Take a second when you die and look at your spawning options. It's also a good way to get some team points if you see an enemy at a behind the front line zone trying to snag it on the sly.
I played a bit on Tuesday night for the first time in a week. I've been traveling alot. Was #1 in a win, #2 in a win, and #1 in a loss and gained some nice badges (5 knife kills in one game). I still stay as far away from a Warhawk as possible, I really am not made for flying.Drifter, I couldn't agree more about the lobby. I hope they make a running change and patch it. Add to that the 10 times I'll try to enter a game for the one time I get in. Very frustrating.However, the game play is solid and only had a touch of lag over three hours of playing.

You're not missing anything - they really missed the boat in developing the lobby. It needs a party system so you can jump in with your whole clan if you want. The only way to do it now is to wait until one person gets in and then try and join their game (often repeatedly until you finally get in, which is what I did last night to get into your game) and then switch teams in-game if necessary.Spawning is definitely key both for staying in the action and being strategic. Yes, it's good to spawn in a highly contested spot to stay in the action and help keep the zone under attack, but spawning back a ways can allow you to grab that tank or warhawk. Take a second when you die and look at your spawning options. It's also a good way to get some team points if you see an enemy at a behind the front line zone trying to snag it on the sly.
I played a bit on Tuesday night for the first time in a week. I've been traveling alot. Was #1 in a win, #2 in a win, and #1 in a loss and gained some nice badges (5 knife kills in one game). I still stay as far away from a Warhawk as possible, I really am not made for flying.Drifter, I couldn't agree more about the lobby. I hope they make a running change and patch it. Add to that the 10 times I'll try to enter a game for the one time I get in. Very frustrating.However, the game play is solid and only had a touch of lag over three hours of playing.
I haven't had a chance to confirm yet, but people are saying that if you look for games that are in the first 5 minutes, you don't have the join game bug.

I haven't had a chance to confirm yet, but people are saying that if you look for games that are in the first 5 minutes, you don't have the join game bug.
Thx for the tip. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Tonight I have to watch Top Chef from Tivo.

You're not missing anything - they really missed the boat in developing the lobby. It needs a party system so you can jump in with your whole clan if you want. The only way to do it now is to wait until one person gets in and then try and join their game (often repeatedly until you finally get in, which is what I did last night to get into your game) and then switch teams in-game if necessary.

Spawning is definitely key both for staying in the action and being strategic. Yes, it's good to spawn in a highly contested spot to stay in the action and help keep the zone under attack, but spawning back a ways can allow you to grab that tank or warhawk. Take a second when you die and look at your spawning options. It's also a good way to get some team points if you see an enemy at a behind the front line zone trying to snag it on the sly.
I played a bit on Tuesday night for the first time in a week. I've been traveling alot. Was #1 in a win, #2 in a win, and #1 in a loss and gained some nice badges (5 knife kills in one game). I still stay as far away from a Warhawk as possible, I really am not made for flying.Drifter, I couldn't agree more about the lobby. I hope they make a running change and patch it. Add to that the 10 times I'll try to enter a game for the one time I get in. Very frustrating.

However, the game play is solid and only had a touch of lag over three hours of playing.
Thx for the tip. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Tonight I have to watch Top Chef from Tivo.
Why? I can just tell you who was sent home. Thats why I had to stop playing so the girl could watch that damn show lol...That was my next question Drifter, and to you as well DPRugby. It is possible for them to basically re-do the whole online play of the game, even though the game is released? The lobby to show who's online play, how you join games, clan matches, etc....?

Also DPRugby, would you mind accepting my invite on the ps3? :thumbup:

I played a bit on Tuesday night for the first time in a week. I've been traveling alot. Was #1 in a win, #2 in a win, and #1 in a loss and gained some nice badges (5 knife kills in one game). I still stay as far away from a Warhawk as possible, I really am not made for flying.Drifter, I couldn't agree more about the lobby. I hope they make a running change and patch it. Add to that the 10 times I'll try to enter a game for the one time I get in. Very frustrating.

However, the game play is solid and only had a touch of lag over three hours of playing.
Why? I can just tell you who was sent home. Thats why I had to stop playing so the girl could watch that damn show lol...That was my next question Drifter, and to you as well DPRugby. It is possible for them to basically re-do the whole online play of the game, even though the game is released? The lobby to show who's online play, how you join games, clan matches, etc....?

Yes - the lobby won't be hard to patch. Resistance Fall of Man made a bunch of changes to their lobby system after release.

Also DPRugby, would you mind accepting my invite on the ps3? :shrug:
Yes - the lobby won't be hard to patch. Resistance Fall of Man made a bunch of changes to their lobby system after release.
And of course we won't know if there will be a patch until its released, correct?

Also DPRugby, would you mind accepting my invite on the ps3? :shrug:
And of course we won't know if they will be a patch until its released, correct?
They're so busy working on fixing the stuff that's already in the game, that it will be a while before they start working on adding content. My guess is we don't see anything new in the game until November at the earliest.

Also DPRugby, would you mind accepting my invite on the ps3? :hifive:
Sorry, I'll log on tonight just to accept the invite. That's another thing, from the Xmedia bar they really should alert us that we have invites pending.

Sorry, I'll log on tonight just to accept the invite. That's another thing, from the Xmedia bar they really should alert us that we have invites pending.
I didn't mean it rude or anything. I guess I should of asked if you received the invitation. My bad.

Sorry about the TK tonigh derek. When I'm in a tank I'm a dangerous person (4/1 KDR!!! :thumbup). I was shooting at a baddie behind you and got you. I don't think my headset ever works in game, I heard you but I said hello and got no response.

I also tried for about 40 minutes to join you and drifter but had no luck.

I'm sure I'll find a few hours to play tomorrow. I'm getting much better at the ground but man I suck in those warhawks.

Sorry about the TK tonigh derek. When I'm in a tank I'm a dangerous person (4/1 KDR!!! :thumbup). I was shooting at a baddie behind you and got you. I don't think my headset ever works in game, I heard you but I said hello and got no response.I also tried for about 40 minutes to join you and drifter but had no luck. I'm sure I'll find a few hours to play tomorrow. I'm getting much better at the ground but man I suck in those warhawks.
Its cool. I've done the samething. And I would have to agree with you, you smash ppl in the tank. You were killing everybody. This may be a dumb question but I'll ask. While you are in the game, are you pressing the L3 button before you speak? I couldn't figure out why nobody could hear me until Drifter told me thats how u use the headset..Drifter and I were playing for awhile last night and then I started having network problems. There was a network outage in my area for about an hour or so. When it finally worked, I noticed you were on. I tried for a good 30mins to get in your game and drifters game as well. Took me another 20mins to get in Drifters game. Still says "GAME FULL" even though its not.Last night was a lot of fun. I went from 56thou to 26thou in the rankings.

derek19 said:
DPRugby said:
Sorry about the TK tonigh derek. When I'm in a tank I'm a dangerous person (4/1 KDR!!! :thumbup). I was shooting at a baddie behind you and got you. I don't think my headset ever works in game, I heard you but I said hello and got no response.I also tried for about 40 minutes to join you and drifter but had no luck. I'm sure I'll find a few hours to play tomorrow. I'm getting much better at the ground but man I suck in those warhawks.
Its cool. I've done the samething. And I would have to agree with you, you smash ppl in the tank. You were killing everybody. This may be a dumb question but I'll ask. While you are in the game, are you pressing the L3 button before you speak? I couldn't figure out why nobody could hear me until Drifter told me thats how u use the headset..Drifter and I were playing for awhile last night and then I started having network problems. There was a network outage in my area for about an hour or so. When it finally worked, I noticed you were on. I tried for a good 30mins to get in your game and drifters game as well. Took me another 20mins to get in Drifters game. Still says "GAME FULL" even though its not.Last night was a lot of fun. I went from 56thou to 26thou in the rankings.
:shrug:Well, that's my issue, my stupid ### wasn't pressing L3. Good golly how dumb.I think I'm still in the 56K range currently but my KDR is 1.15ish so I'm happy that I'm going in the right direction. I'm going to be on tonight for sure as my wife is going to hang with her GFs. Maybe we'll get lucky and actually get in a game together. I'll be the guy in the tank! :goodposting:

I may be able to play for a lil bit tonight, since the gf will have school work to do. Will either of you be on tonight?

I may be able to play for a lil bit tonight, since the gf will have school work to do. Will either of you be on tonight?
Possibly. Just bought myself a new Receiver and speakers (see Chet's HDMI receiver thread). I get the amp today, so will be setting it up and playing (listening to key tunes and certain DVD scenes). If I satisfy myself there, I'll need to check out how Warhawk sounds on the new system but it might not be until later in the evening.On another note, Sunday evening I was the #1 player in back to back games - 1 CTF, 1 DM :tfp: If I put in the hours of some of the people on there, I could probably be pretty prominent on the leaderboards.If I was a more active recruiter, I'd really like to grown a good clan. I think a clan with organization and communication where people have assigned roles and stick with them, could absolutely dominate this game. I've got tons of ideas on CTF and Zones team strategies.

I think I'm an ok player. If I just improve my KDR, I could probably finish top 5 every game instead of top 10 or so.

There is this website, gamebattles.com, it will let you setup clan matches and such (i believe). I didn't really look into it because I was doing something else. I'll probably look at it more tonight.

Played a couple games last night but quickly got annoyed because some idiot on my team was constantly complaining about everybody, both on this team ("come one stop this, dont' do that, you stole the weapon I was about to take") and the other team ("that was BS!" ad inifitum).

I could have switched servers but it was so annoying I just didn't feel like playing at all.

I've played about 10 minutes total and I absolutely can't stand this game. I don't like the controls, I can't get my bluetooth headset to work, I don't really know what is going on... I just hate it. I had so much fun playing GOW even though I was horrible, this just seems a huge step down.

I'll give it one more try, but I can't imagine not putting it up on Ebay tomorrow.

Drifter said:
Played a couple games last night but quickly got annoyed because some idiot on my team was constantly complaining about everybody, both on this team ("come one stop this, dont' do that, you stole the weapon I was about to take") and the other team ("that was BS!" ad inifitum).

I could have switched servers but it was so annoying I just didn't feel like playing at all.
I probably played for an hour or so last night. I was able to join the first game i tried to connect to. Very surprising... I get into the game as the other team is capturing the their third flag. Next game up is Zones. I have no idea what the rest of my team was doing but the other team scored 5000pts within 10mins max. The only thing that kept them from world victory was me flying behind them to unlink all their zones. After that I jumped into a DM. Finished 1st, 2nd, and 3rd a couple of times. My KDR was around 2 the whole time.

ETA: I'll tone it down, because that almost sounds like me.. :confused:

Softballguy said:
I've played about 10 minutes total and I absolutely can't stand this game. I don't like the controls, I can't get my bluetooth headset to work, I don't really know what is going on... I just hate it. I had so much fun playing GOW even though I was horrible, this just seems a huge step down.I'll give it one more try, but I can't imagine not putting it up on Ebay tomorrow.
I would have to agree with you, at first the game is pretty annoying. I had to go in and change the controls. I uncheck the invert U/D option. I still have the invert U/D option checked while flying because I got used to that. Try that. I know it helped me. When you say you can't get your bluetooth to work, what do you mean exactly? Do you pair it with the ps3 before you start playing?

Softballguy said:
I've played about 10 minutes total and I absolutely can't stand this game. I don't like the controls, I can't get my bluetooth headset to work, I don't really know what is going on... I just hate it. I had so much fun playing GOW even though I was horrible, this just seems a huge step down.I'll give it one more try, but I can't imagine not putting it up on Ebay tomorrow.
I would have to agree with you, at first the game is pretty annoying. I had to go in and change the controls. I uncheck the invert U/D option. I still have the invert U/D option checked while flying because I got used to that. Try that. I know it helped me. When you say you can't get your bluetooth to work, what do you mean exactly? Do you pair it with the ps3 before you start playing?
When will you be on next? We can set up a private server and walk you through the learning curve (which can be pretty steep).

Bluetooth problems -

Have you synced the headset up in the accessory settings?

Are you turning it on after the PS3 is on?

In game, when it's not working, have you held the button down on it until you hear a beep?

Are you pressing L3 when you try and talk in game?

Softballguy said:
whats your psn? I'll send you an invite.

Bluetooth problems -Have you synced the headset up in the accessory settings?Are you turning it on after the PS3 is on? In game, when it's not working, have you held the button down on it until you hear a beep?Are you pressing L3 when you try and talk in game?
YesYesOnce, but it still didn't do anythingNo - I figured there was a button for that. Thanks.In fairness, I haven't read any instructions or spent much time trying to learn the game. I just got frustrated with not knowing what the hell to do, where to go, who was on my team, ect.I'll give you guys a heads-up sometime and see if you can walk me through it.

Softballguy said:
BigJohnStudd920

Bluetooth problems -Have you synced the headset up in the accessory settings?Are you turning it on after the PS3 is on? In game, when it's not working, have you held the button down on it until you hear a beep?Are you pressing L3 when you try and talk in game?
YesYesOnce, but it still didn't do anythingNo - I figured there was a button for that. Thanks.In fairness, I haven't read any instructions or spent much time trying to learn the game. I just got frustrated with not knowing what the hell to do, where to go, who was on my team, ect.I'll give you guys a heads-up sometime and see if you can walk me through it.
The instructions suck. There's all kinds of tricks of the trade we can teach you to make life more enjoyable.

Will be on this afternoon and maybe this evening after the Caveman premier. Softballguy - when do you want that training session?

I won't be able to play until Friday night. The GF has an easy week with school, so no playtime for me until then.

Played for a couple of hours last night. Either I was playing with a bunch of beginners or I just kicked ###. I hope its the latter of the two. :thumbup:

I finished in the top 5 in all the games I played. My best game was in a CTF. I scored well over 100 points because I captured their flag three times.

BigJohnStudd920
I sent you a message last night when you signed on to see if you wanted to practice. Did you receive it?

BigJohnStudd920
I sent you a message last night when you signed on to see if you wanted to practice. Did you receive it?
I've tried a few times. Apparently he doesn't like to :nerd: mingle with other FBGs :unsure:

Anyone going to pickup COD4 next month? I'm a lil worried the PS3 version is not going to be that great. They had beta testing for the 360 but not the PS3. Can anyone explain why?

Pez, I seen you were on last night but I decided to play the Conan Demo..

Anyone going to pickup COD4 next month? I'm a lil worried the PS3 version is not going to be that great. They had beta testing for the 360 but not the PS3. Can anyone explain why?Pez, I seen you were on last night but I decided to play the Conan Demo..
The changes made in Beta testing will be applied to both platforms. No worries.

Anyone going to pickup COD4 next month? I'm a lil worried the PS3 version is not going to be that great. They had beta testing for the 360 but not the PS3. Can anyone explain why?Pez, I seen you were on last night but I decided to play the Conan Demo..
Well, I hope you are right..Have you been playing much?

Well, I hope you are right..Have you been playing much?
A little bit here and there. Been busy on the weekends so it's mostly been for an hour or so after work. I just bought the Orange Box for PC so that's going to demand some of my time but since it's PC, I can play that any time the wife wants to watch the big TV and continue to get Warhawk time in when she's out or doing something else.

i usually play at nighttime pacific time. I'll join your game if I see you on. You can find me in the SCEA Vari servers placing mines all over the place. Been on some crappy teams lately though.

Users who are viewing this thread