What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Warhawk for PS3 thread (1 Viewer)

Played for a couple of hours yesterday. Did ok.

After I was done playing. I took a peek at the leaderboards. Man, some ppl just have too much time on their hands. I have 3000pts and first place has well over a mil. I also looked at who has played the most hours. First place was 450hrs. Which is equal to 18-19 days.... WOW!!

They really need to fix this ranking system. I noticed Softballguy was a higher rank than me but I've scored 2500 more points than him. :confused:

They really need to fix this ranking system. I noticed Softballguy was a higher rank than me but I've scored 2500 more points than him. :whoosh:
Seriously?! I never really looked into the ranking given how bad I am. I also play almost exclusively CTF. That may account for the inflated rating.

I've played about 10 minutes total and I absolutely can't stand this game. I don't like the controls, I can't get my bluetooth headset to work, I don't really know what is going on... I just hate it. I had so much fun playing GOW even though I was horrible, this just seems a huge step down.I'll give it one more try, but I can't imagine not putting it up on Ebay tomorrow.
whats your psn? I'll send you an invite.
BigJohnStudd920
I sent you a message last night when you signed on to see if you wanted to practice. Did you receive it?
I've tried a few times. Apparently he doesn't like to :gang1: mingle with other FBGs :)
I seem to always miss the notification of my messages. Lately I've been checking to see if you guys are on - Derek never has been and Drifter is always plaing football.

I've played about 10 minutes total and I absolutely can't stand this game. I don't like the controls, I can't get my bluetooth headset to work, I don't really know what is going on... I just hate it. I had so much fun playing GOW even though I was horrible, this just seems a huge step down.I'll give it one more try, but I can't imagine not putting it up on Ebay tomorrow.
whats your psn? I'll send you an invite.
BigJohnStudd920
I sent you a message last night when you signed on to see if you wanted to practice. Did you receive it?
I've tried a few times. Apparently he doesn't like to :gang1: mingle with other FBGs :)
I seem to always miss the notification of my messages. Lately I've been checking to see if you guys are on - Derek never has been and Drifter is always plaing football.
Actually, that's because I left my PS3 on for a few days accidentally. I wasn't actually playing

don't pay any attention to the ranks. Those guys create their own ranked servers and trade flags to get those points. Just look at kills compared to team points. People will do anything to look good.

They really need to fix this ranking system. I noticed Softballguy was a higher rank than me but I've scored 2500 more points than him. :goodposting:
Seriously?! I never really looked into the ranking given how bad I am. I also play almost exclusively CTF. That may account for the inflated rating.
Recently I've just started playing CTF and Zones as well. DogFights and Team death matches are just too boring..

don't pay any attention to the ranks. Those guys create their own ranked servers and trade flags to get those points. Just look at kills compared to team points. People will do anything to look good.
You got a headset pez? I seen that you were on my team and got us killed by a tank :lmao: , but dont know if u tried to talk to me....

derek19 said:
You got a headset pez? I seen that you were on my team and got us killed by a tank :kicksrock: , but dont know if u tried to talk to me....
I have one, but I usually don't use it cuz no one else does. Our team sucked in that game, and I didn't help at all. I think I had a .33 k/d ratio. Horrible

derek19 said:
You got a headset pez? I seen that you were on my team and got us killed by a tank :goodposting: , but dont know if u tried to talk to me....
I have one, but I usually don't use it cuz no one else does. Our team sucked in that game, and I didn't help at all. I think I had a .33 k/d ratio. Horrible
Correlation

derek19 said:
You got a headset pez? I seen that you were on my team and got us killed by a tank :P , but dont know if u tried to talk to me....
Correlation
:rolleyes: Honestly, i don't think our team was that bad. What sucked, I was protecting the flag and then when I decided to try and get their flag, they stole our flag... :rolleyes: There were other ppl around the flag when I left so i don't understand why they let them take the flag..

You got a headset pez? I seen that you were on my team and got us killed by a tank :P , but dont know if u tried to talk to me....
Correlation
:hifive: Honestly, i don't think our team was that bad. What sucked, I was protecting the flag and then when I decided to try and get their flag, they stole our flag... :) There were other ppl around the flag when I left so i don't understand why they let them take the flag..
Some people have no idea how to protect the flag. They place mines out in the open and in clusters, they leave jeeps lying around near the flag, they don't grab the tanks or at least damage them when they span, etc etc etc.Due to the lack of communication, I also often have to Rambo it and try and capture the flag on my own. It's much easier to zoom if you coordinate - one person runs and grabs a jeep to bring back and 1 or 2 people make a go at the flag. Once you have the flag, everyone not defending needs to immediately find a warhawk and provide air support. It's really not that complicated but without communication or people with a team attitude it can be hard.

Also, when your team is bringing the flag back, provided the flag carrier has enough support, you can quickly capture all the zones with a warhawk. They usually won't be defended at that point.

Correlation
:goodposting: Honestly, i don't think our team was that bad. What sucked, I was protecting the flag and then when I decided to try and get their flag, they stole our flag... :sadbanana: There were other ppl around the flag when I left so i don't understand why they let them take the flag..
Some people have no idea how to protect the flag. They place mines out in the open and in clusters, they leave jeeps lying around near the flag, they don't grab the tanks or at least damage them when they span, etc etc etc.Due to the lack of communication, I also often have to Rambo it and try and capture the flag on my own. It's much easier to zoom if you coordinate - one person runs and grabs a jeep to bring back and 1 or 2 people make a go at the flag. Once you have the flag, everyone not defending needs to immediately find a warhawk and provide air support. It's really not that complicated but without communication or people with a team attitude it can be hard.
When I see someone jump out of a jeep to grab our flag, the first thing i do is jump in their jeep and then try to run them over :D . Some ppl don't think like though and the team ends up losing..

Played a lot on Saturday. The first time in about a month I was able to spend any time playing.

I still kick ###. People still don't communicate enough.

COD4 is probably going to kill the crowds on this game. I'd debating picking it up right away or waiting a few weeks.

Played a lot on Saturday. The first time in about a month I was able to spend any time playing.

I still kick ###. People still don't communicate enough.

COD4 is probably going to kill the crowds on this game. I'd debating picking it up right away or waiting a few weeks.
The last time I played there were 3 or 4 of us talking together and we couldn't lose. I've got GHIII coming Thursday, so I may hold off on COD4 for a few weeks at least.

Anyone going to be on this weekend?
Been playing this week. Probably won't be on Friday night and I'm golfing on Saturday. If I don't go out Sat night, I'll probably be on.
Before I started playing COD4, I seen that you were on "playing" warhawk. But then I thought to myself, 'He probably just left the game on and not actually playing the game'..

Been playing this week. Probably won't be on Friday night and I'm golfing on Saturday. If I don't go out Sat night, I'll probably be on.
Before I started playing COD4, I seen that you were on "playing" warhawk. But then I thought to myself, 'He probably just left the game on and not actually playing the game'..
I've been better about that for exactly that reason. I saw you come online yesterday so I was actually playing. I've had very bad luck the past couple days. Really awful teams. My scores have been going down too because I'm forcing myself to spend more time in Warhawks, particularly in CTF games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been better about that for exactly that reason. I saw you come online yesterday so I was actually playing. I've had very bad luck the past couple days. Really awful teams. My scores have been going down too because I'm forcing myself to spend more time in Warhawks, particularly in CTF games.
Thats all I play now. They just seem have more action and its hella fun. I might be able to get on tonight before Grey's comes on. If not before, hopefully afterwards.

Found this on another site:

Warhawk v1.2 Patch

+ Posted by Dylan Jobe // Game Director, Warhawk

Ok … so last week I posted about our v1.1 patch which mainly dealt with core stats and connection issues. Today, I’d like to let all of you know what’s included in the v1.2 patch that is being tested right now.

Patch v1.2 addresses some main requests that our community has made as well as fixes the primary exploits and glitches … and adds some new layouts!

Patch v1.2 includes:

* 5 New layouts.

* Clan game server option.

* Buddy slot reservations.

* Integrated Warhawk Store.

* Updated CTF capture/return behavior.

* Internal stat padder protection.

* Booster Pack status display at join game list.

* DualShock3 integration.

* Separate SIXAXIS motion control on/off per mode (ground, hover, flight).

* Detailed Player Score display at end of game fixed.

* Added new server type filters (player, ranked, dedicated, clan, Official Warhawk, etc).

* Added new server full/open filter.

* Fall damage exploit fixed.

* Dismount into walls exploit fixed.

* Invisible Tank, Turret & Warhawk exploit fixed.

* Auto-kick of idle players.

* Add to Favorites button added to end game screen.

* Increased VOIP volume when not using headset.

There are a couple of items on this list that probably need a bit more clarification

The new clan-game server option lets you set 2 clan names, one for the Eucadian team and one for the Chernovan team. Then, when you launch the game, the server will auto-sort the clans on the correct teams. The server will also only allow members of those 2 clans to connect. Clan games are also displayed in a different color at the join game list.

Buddy slot reservations allow you to specify a number of player slots on the server that *only* players in your PSN buddy list can join. So go ahead and kick up a game and you can always make sure that you friends can jump in with you and get their Warhawk on!

We also fixed what a lot of players refer to as the “tank” glitch. This actually could happen to turrets and Warhawks too. It is an annoying exploit and we’re happy to have it fixed – I’m sure all of you will be too!

We enabled DualShock3 functionality in the V1.2 patch too … maybe you all have heard something about this or read about it on the internet? Ha Ha

The Warhawk Store is also going to be enabled in v1.2. This allows players to purchase Warhawk content, Booster Packs, etc from within Warhawk, rather than going through the XMB and then to the store – this is mainly for convenience.

And of course some new layouts – as you’ve seen from the images scattered throughout this post!

We have found that while a lot of players like playing the really large games, there was a pretty big segment that was playing smaller games. With that trend, we wanted to rig some new layouts that are more geared for smaller games; 4 to 8 players. The new layouts are:

* Eucadia: High City

* Island Outpost: Standoff

* The Badlands: South City

* Destroyed Capitol: Garden Showdown

* Archipelago: Close Corridors
http://www.ps3multiplayer.com/forum/warhaw...t-december.html

Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:

Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check

Run over with a jeep - check

Land mine kill - check

Air Mine kill - check

Did I miss any?

:own3d:

Drifter said:
Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check Run over with a jeep - checkLand mine kill - checkAir Mine kill - checkDid I miss any? :goodposting:
Let me make sure I remember correctly:1. Lucky Shot2. Lucky Shot3. Damn Mine4. Damn Mine.And :shrug:

Drifter said:
Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check Run over with a jeep - checkLand mine kill - checkAir Mine kill - checkDid I miss any? :goodposting:
Let me make sure I remember correctly:1. Lucky Shot2. Lucky Shot3. Damn Mine4. Damn Mine.And :shrug:
The rocket launcher wasn't lucky. It took two to take you down in the flak turret. It's usually a good idea to jump out after the first hit because there's almost always a second coming. I especially liked that one because it was through the clouds from another building. I actually couldn't see you - I just saw you name and the flak gun's flashing. Aimed a bit below your name, fired off two shots and boom!The jeep one was funny because, I was thinking - "Who's this guy running right towards me? I'm going to run his ### down". After the kill I saw it was you.

Drifter said:
Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check Run over with a jeep - checkLand mine kill - checkAir Mine kill - checkDid I miss any? :shrug:
Let me make sure I remember correctly:1. Lucky Shot2. Lucky Shot3. Damn Mine4. Damn Mine.And :lmao:
The rocket launcher wasn't lucky. It took two to take you down in the flak turret. It's usually a good idea to jump out after the first hit because there's almost always a second coming. I especially liked that one because it was through the clouds from another building. I actually couldn't see you - I just saw you name and the flak gun's flashing. Aimed a bit below your name, fired off two shots and boom!The jeep one was funny because, I was thinking - "Who's this guy running right towards me? I'm going to run his ### down". After the kill I saw it was you.
Oh that was you that did that? Hmm... After the first hit i tried firing at you but i couldn't find you, then BANG, I'm dead. After respawning, i grabbed the sniper and saw someone in the clouds but I don't know it was you or not. What pissed me off was when were fighting in the center base on the same map, I fired a rocket at you, it landed right beside you and you didn't die. Then of course you throw a grenade at me and I die. I respawned and I noticed someone running and jumping in the jeep. Didn't know if he was on my team or not. I quickly found out that it wasn't my teammate.......I thought all your shots were lucky shots... :goodposting: :P .. jkHow was the communication on your side? I was the only one talking on my end...

Drifter said:
Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check Run over with a jeep - checkLand mine kill - checkAir Mine kill - checkDid I miss any? :own3d:
Let me make sure I remember correctly:1. Lucky Shot2. Lucky Shot3. Damn Mine4. Damn Mine.And :bag:
Oh that was you that did that? Hmm... After the first hit i tried firing at you but i couldn't find you, then BANG, I'm dead. After respawning, i grabbed the sniper and saw someone in the clouds but I don't know it was you or not. What pissed me off was when were fighting in the center base on the same map, I fired a rocket at you, it landed right beside you and you didn't die. Then of course you throw a grenade at me and I die. I respawned and I noticed someone running and jumping in the jeep. Didn't know if he was on my team or not. I quickly found out that it wasn't my teammate.......I thought all your shots were lucky shots... :thumbdown: :P .. jkHow was the communication on your side? I was the only one talking on my end...
Crappy. On that capture the flag game (the one where I ran you over and where you committed suicide while carrying the flag by jumping off the bridge :lmao: ), we should have lost. My team was awful. All but 3 of us were playing defense. It got better after you left but I almost called it quits after that game. Luckily we had a brilliant CTF game a couple games later where we whitewashed the other team 3-0 in Badlands and there was better communication.

Assasin's Creed is showing up today, so I probably won't be on much for a bit. Who knows, though? I've had a bit of a rennaissance with this game for the last week or so.

Drifter said:
Derek - let me make sure I remember correctly:Rocket launcher kill from across the map - check Run over with a jeep - checkLand mine kill - checkAir Mine kill - checkDid I miss any? :lmao:
Let me make sure I remember correctly:1. Lucky Shot2. Lucky Shot3. Damn Mine4. Damn Mine.And :bag:
Oh that was you that did that? Hmm... After the first hit i tried firing at you but i couldn't find you, then BANG, I'm dead. After respawning, i grabbed the sniper and saw someone in the clouds but I don't know it was you or not. What pissed me off was when were fighting in the center base on the same map, I fired a rocket at you, it landed right beside you and you didn't die. Then of course you throw a grenade at me and I die. I respawned and I noticed someone running and jumping in the jeep. Didn't know if he was on my team or not. I quickly found out that it wasn't my teammate.......I thought all your shots were lucky shots... :own3d: :P .. jkHow was the communication on your side? I was the only one talking on my end...
Crappy. On that capture the flag game (the one where I ran you over and where you committed suicide while carrying the flag by jumping off the bridge :lmao: ), we should have lost. My team was awful. All but 3 of us were playing defense. It got better after you left but I almost called it quits after that game. Luckily we had a brilliant CTF game a couple games later where we whitewashed the other team 3-0 in Badlands and there was better communication.
Thats the only option I had left. Some idiot dropped all those mines on your base and blew up a damn jeep that I was running for. So I thought, If i jump off the bridge just to get the flag out of your base, my teammates will be able to grab it. Well, that did not workout. Oh well.

Assasin's Creed is showing up today, so I probably won't be on much for a bit. Who knows, though? I've had a bit of a rennaissance with this game for the last week or so.
Its been quite hard for me to play warhawk lately because its a very slow paced game compared to COD4. And the fact that nobody talks in Warhawk.....

Its been quite hard for me to play warhawk lately because its a very slow paced game compared to COD4. And the fact that nobody talks in Warhawk.....
I like the slower pace (compared to Resistance, anyway - which sounds similar to COD4 in pacing).The communication is always bothersome. I'm still convinced that with 5-6 people who were used to playing together and communicated well, we could dominate any game.

I like the slower pace (compared to Resistance, anyway - which sounds similar to COD4 in pacing).The communication is always bothersome. I'm still convinced that with 5-6 people who were used to playing together and communicated well, we could dominate any game.
I agree. One of the last few times I have played warhawk, I added one or two ppl just because they communicated a lot and it was a lot fun being on their team.

Went for the Special Ops ribbon last night - one of the few I haven't gotten.

Was on the Island Archipelago CTF map. Got my 5 sniper kills, then went over to their base and knifed a couple of guys. Finished the game sniping - 24 total sniper kills and a 13:1 KDR. My 2 kills happened when I went knifing and one time when an enemy sniper I killed at least 6 times, picked me off once.

All in all, the best sniping game I've had and a lot of fun. A lot of guys must have been cursing my name. Unfortunately, I completely forgot about getting an air strike kill for the ribbon :bag:

I don't even know where the binoculars are on that map (no outlying islands just the long middle one. Derek - do you know?

My headset had just gone out when you joined in Derek and I was just about to eat dinner. I'm obsessed with that Special Ops ribbon now, I'm ignoring other aspects of the game trying to get it. I also still can't find the stupid air strike binoculars on that map. I started a Lan game on it and searched the whole damn thing and never saw it.

Went for the Special Ops ribbon last night - one of the few I haven't gotten.Was on the Island Archipelago CTF map. Got my 5 sniper kills, then went over to their base and knifed a couple of guys. Finished the game sniping - 24 total sniper kills and a 13:1 KDR. My 2 kills happened when I went knifing and one time when an enemy sniper I killed at least 6 times, picked me off once.All in all, the best sniping game I've had and a lot of fun. A lot of guys must have been cursing my name. Unfortunately, I completely forgot about getting an air strike kill for the ribbon :goodposting:I don't even know where the binoculars are on that map (no outlying islands just the long middle one. Derek - do you know?
Yes I do. Its under the bridge right by the bases.

Drifter said:
My headset had just gone out when you joined in Derek and I was just about to eat dinner. I'm obsessed with that Special Ops ribbon now, I'm ignoring other aspects of the game trying to get it. I also still can't find the stupid air strike binoculars on that map. I started a Lan game on it and searched the whole damn thing and never saw it.
Which map are you talking about? The island or the one we were playing on last night?

Also, when I joined your game while it was on the Badlands map, did you try to kill me even though I was on your team?

Also, when I joined your game while it was on the Badlands map, did you try to kill me even though I was on your team?
No. I was jumping up and down, to try and let you know that I knew you were there but that I didn't have a headset. On the next map, I played for about 2 minutes and tried shove your guy around to screw up your sniping though.... :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread