What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leftwich to be cut! (1 Viewer)

pmcdade

Footballguy
Just talked to a friend who has some direct contacts with the Jags and Leftwich was just cut. The players are NOT happy about it and there is talk about revolt among the ranks.

No link, because there is no link to be had yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Do posters get banned for these type of threads?
And what if he's right? Blasting somebody for posting inside info shouldnt be done, otherwise we wouldve never had that Priest Holmes thread a few years ago. If he turns out to be wrong, then yeah ban him.

Not that I believe this, but seems like there was another rumor to this effect buried in one the endless Jaxville WR threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister just said that the Jags signed Aaron Brooks to a 10 year 250 million dollar contract to fill the hole.

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
Do posters get banned for these type of threads?
And what if he's right? Blasting somebody for posting inside info shouldnt be done, otherwise we wouldve never had that Priest Holmes thread a few years ago. If he turns out to be wrong, then yeah ban him.
Yeah you can ban someone with out knowing for sure, maybe give them indefinite suspension :stalker:

I'm going to lock this down...if it's confirmed, someone post a link and I'll merge this one with the new one later; and give pmcdade his props.

BREAKING NEWS: Jaguars Say Big Announcement At 5:30pm

Sources Say QB Change Likely

A 5:30pm press conference will clarify the situation.

http://wokv.com/

Gotta give props to PMC for knowing something was up

Mother effin HUGE :X

I guess they are throwing in the towel on this season? Not that Leftwich was a worldbeater...but consider the options.

As a Jags fan this tops it.

Del Rio MUST GO!

BREAKING NEWS: Jaguars Say Big Announcement At 5:30pm

Sources Say QB Change Likely

A 5:30pm press conference will clarify the situation.

http://wokv.com/

Gotta give props to PMC for knowing something was up
looks like a lot of people who shot their mouths off in that other thread should start eating some crow right about now

Jaguars.com message board is littered with "Garrard named the starter" threads, for what it's worth... This rumor seems to have legs. Sounds true...

Not surprising. There was an article posted that said Lefty was due $5mil this season and it would be a cost saving move to cut him now as opposed to after the season. If they’re not going to re-sign him after 07’ and he made the team this year, then his contract would be guaranteed. Makes sense.

kudos to pmcdade for breaking this. Right before it was locked I was about to post that the possibility of Leftwich being cut was at least plausible given the Jags' financial situation. Unless he was CLEARLY better than Garrard or anyone else, why not shed his salary and save $$$?

The reality though is how, in this day and age, can an NFL franchise struggle financially? An NFL team is basically a license to print money anywhere in the country. Makes you wonder how Jacksonville still even has a team...

and this is why you don't bash people who know of rumors without linked sources.

:X to all the people that gave the OP in the other thread grief. i would hope there are some PMs going out to him apologizing.

I have Leftwich as backup in two leagues, neither of which allow waiver wire stuff till next week some time.

arg

and this is why you don't bash people who know of rumors without linked sources. :X to all the people that gave the OP in the other thread grief. i would hope there are some PMs going out to him apologizing.
Not to mention the fact that since it got locked down so quick there are now 4 new Leftwich/Garard threads and counting.

With the Jaguars facing tough economic times, they must take a close look at quarterback Byron Leftwich's $5.145 million base salary this year.

Once Leftwich takes his first snap in a regular-season game, that salary is guaranteed for the year. If coach Jack Del Rio has Leftwich on a three or four-game leash, the Jaguars would be better off cutting the quarterback now rather than risk having him as a high-paid backup.

When asked after the Thursday night loss to the Green Bay Packers how long he could stick with Leftwich, Del Rio said that was a "hypothetical" question. But if he isn't committed to Leftwich for 16 games, the Jaguars are risking a lot of money by starting the season with him as the starter.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...194660356.shtml

Users who are viewing this thread