What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (4 Viewers)

David Dodds

Administrator
Disclaimer: These guys advertised in our email newsletter this week.

I know there are a lot of different contests out there, but this looks like a lot of fun one each week. I was able to meet the owners in Las Vegas (at the Fantasy Sports Trade Association) and am impressed with what they have put together. You essentially choose a team and then also answer questions like will Travis Henry rush for over 100 yards (which can earn you extra points if you get them right). Win top spots and get paid. They have 4 different contests each week that correspond to game times.

I am posting here because this contest will be free to play this week. But they are still giving away the $25,000 and I would love for a Footballguy to win.

Turfwar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
David, I went to the site and it is pretty nice but very time consumming. If yoy have a few hours to invest it could be fun.

im in.. only time consuming if your picking multiple rosters. i picked 1 for all for games and done in ten mins

thanx

good luck

david, do you know if these were the same guys that attempted to create the game day fantasy game? i think they were called game day interactive as well and they had a fantasy hosting site that allowed to change players on the fly during games. you would get credit for their stats only when you had them active in your lineup.

that company was also a minnesota company, but i haven't heard anything about them this year.

reg said:
david, do you know if these were the same guys that attempted to create the game day fantasy game? i think they were called game day interactive as well and they had a fantasy hosting site that allowed to change players on the fly during games. you would get credit for their stats only when you had them active in your lineup.

that company was also a minnesota company, but i haven't heard anything about them this year.
Disclaimer: I work for GameDay InteractiveHi reg,

We're actually a new company, though we are based in Minneapolis, MN.

I just signed up and entered 5 teams for the late games and answered all the questions. it took about 20 minutes to do everything. thanks !!!!

I also hope a FBG guy wins something.

Ok, I picked my QB and it showed the correct team, but then every other player I picked show that they play for ARZ?! Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, I picked my QB and it showed the correct team, but then every other player I picked show that they play for ARZ?! Am I doing something wrong?
Disclaimer: I work for GameDay Interactive a.k.a TurfWarHi mektarus,

No you aren't doing anything wrong, for some reason team names sometimes don't render properly. This doesn't affect the players you've picked though. We'll get this issue sorted out soon and thanks for the note. Feel free to email info@turfwar.com if you are running into any problems.

Thanks,

Matt

Didn't win any cash but got a free credit for winning my subleague, Did manage 16th overall in the early game contest, so at least one FBG put up some decent results!. Thanks FBG for the heads up, this is a cool way to have a fresh start every week if our teams are not panning out in our leagues. Looking forward to a few more shots at taking home some cash :popcorn:

Anyone else cash in on this promo? Looks like results can shift some as my 16th place is now 13th overall on the day games. Looks like I also won 4 credits too with a subleague win and 2 seconds in the completed contests. Site seems very glitchy tho, I don't know if I knew I was laying $5 per game if I'd like the uncertainty of my picks. I plan on keeping an eye on this site, as it also looks like the payment is in "credits" and credits won't be redeemable until the season is over.

Anyone else cash in on this promo? Looks like results can shift some as my 16th place is now 13th overall on the day games. Looks like I also won 4 credits too with a subleague win and 2 seconds in the completed contests. Site seems very glitchy tho, I don't know if I knew I was laying $5 per game if I'd like the uncertainty of my picks. I plan on keeping an eye on this site, as it also looks like the payment is in "credits" and credits won't be redeemable until the season is over.
Disclaimer: I'm the CEO of Turf War / GameDay InteractiveHi ctriopelle,

Glad to hear you did well in a couple of your sub-leagues! Regarding the payouts, the $25,000 weekly prizes are paid out each week in cash. That money is divided among 40 winners, 10 in each of our 4 contests each week. You can see the exact cash payouts on the site under the "Scoring/Prizes" link on the home page navigation bar. Additionally, we have a winners list at the bottom of the home page where you can see who won how much for every contest. You are correct on the subleague winnings, they are distributed in game credits.

The reason that your ranking may have changed is that the results of our Position Challenge Questions don't currently get credited until the individual NFL games are complete. We're working on making that particular scoring dynamic as soon as possible. I can assure you that all final scores are audited against official statistics and our scoring system.

We're working hard to tune our site for better performance and you should see faster response times and additional features each week.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope we see a bunch of FBG members on the winner's list this week.

Won a sub-league. 64th overall. 4 credits. Not to bad I guess. Thanks to Steve Smith and Chad Johnson. It does take a lot of time. I will give it another go. Good luck to all the FBG's who gave it a try.

Fun competition...

So far in the completed games I have four 1sts and four 2nds.... None of them are near the top, but five of them are in the top 100... The credits I win will certainly keep me in this game for a while

Cool concept, and I like the website...

Thanks again DD for sharing...

I know there are a lot of different contests out there, but this looks like a lot of fun one each week. I was able to meet the owners in Las Vegas (at the Fantasy Sports Trade Association) and am impressed with what they have put together. You essentially choose a team and then also answer questions like will Travis Henry rush for over 100 yards (which can earn you extra points if you get them right). Win top spots and get paid. They have 4 different contests each week that correspond to game times.

I am posting here because this contest will be free to play this week. But they are still giving away the $25,000 and I would love for a Footballguy to win.

Turfwar.com
Don't look now DD, but I think I may have won the Early game. My lineup was McNabb, Westbrook, Parker, Roy Williams, Boldin, Gates, Stover, Patriots D. I am double checking it, but right now the leaderboard has me at #1 with 317 points and second place at 316. I hope the scores are all final because I'm in shock if this holds up.

Turfwar.com
Don't look now DD, but I think I may have won the Early game. My lineup was McNabb, Westbrook, Parker, Roy Williams, Boldin, Gates, Stover, Patriots D. I am double checking it, but right now the leaderboard has me at #1 with 317 points and second place at 316. I hope the scores are all final because I'm in shock if this holds up.
:thumbup: That would be awesome! I hope it is accurate...!

I tried this morning, but it would take Deep Blue 5 hours to load the web pages. I wish there was a text only site for this.

Glad to hear you did well in a couple of your sub-leagues! Regarding the payouts, the $25,000 weekly prizes are paid out each week in cash. That money is divided among 40 winners, 10 in each of our 4 contests each week. You can see the exact cash payouts on the site under the "Scoring/Prizes" link on the home page navigation bar. Additionally, we have a winners list at the bottom of the home page where you can see who won how much for every contest. You are correct on the subleague winnings, they are distributed in game credits.

The reason that your ranking may have changed is that the results of our Position Challenge Questions don't currently get credited until the individual NFL games are complete. We're working on making that particular scoring dynamic as soon as possible. I can assure you that all final scores are audited against official statistics and our scoring system.

We're working hard to tune our site for better performance and you should see faster response times and additional features each week.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope we see a bunch of FBG members on the winner's list this week.
I show 4 credits in my account balance, is that the amount of credit needed to enter all 4 games next week?Or could I enter 1 game a week for 4 weeks with 4 credits?

Thanks for the free credits this week - good luck with your website.

Turfwar.com
OUTSTANDING. I took 15th overall in the Early games plus won some sub-leagues. This definitely is an addicting game. I am sure I will keep on playing.

I think i placed in some games.

I know I have 4cr and my best ranking is freaking #11 overall in the ALL GAMES part even though teams #9 and 10 have the same points as I do

kudos to the winners

whomever picked guys like Kevin Curtis probably won. I liked him for 07 but I sure didn't see that coming after the first 2 weeks. Anyone with the stones to make picks like that.....kudos

kudos to the winnerswhomever picked guys like Kevin Curtis probably won. I liked him for 07 but I sure didn't see that coming after the first 2 weeks. Anyone with the stones to make picks like that.....kudos
Still mad at being #11 but tied with 3 others Funny thing, my #11 is sick. I mean sick. Brady, AP, Westy, Moss, CJ..heap did so so, wilkins stuink and Minn D did crap for me lol

I show 4 credits in my account balance, is that the amount of credit needed to enter all 4 games next week?Or could I enter 1 game a week for 4 weeks with 4 credits?

Thanks for the free credits this week - good luck with your website.
Disclaimer: I'm the CEO of Turf War / GameDay InteractiveHey Boot....

We're giving 4 free credits to everyone when they sign up, we simply forgot to tell you that last week:) Regarding credits needed to play our 4 contests, the EARLY, LATE, & NIGHT contests cost 1 credit and the ALL contest (because it pays out double the other contests) costs 2 credits. You'll be able to buy game credits on our site in a few days so you can play more rosters this coming week if you'd like.

BTW, looks the FBG crowd was well represented yesterday - thanks!

I think i placed in some games.I know I have 4cr and my best ranking is freaking #11 overall in the ALL GAMES part even though teams #9 and 10 have the same points as I do
Delusional,All of our rankings reflect the current status of our tie-breaker questions. Because the ALL game doesn't finish up until the conclusion of tonight's game those results are still temporary. You were awarded 4 credits just for signing up, any winning subleague credits will be added to your account Tuesday.

Finished 7th overall in the EARLY game with 294. Not bad. I'll be back next week! Also won a few sub leagues on a few other entries.

That was pretty cool. I kept getting teased...I was 3rd or 4th overall for awhile in the early and late games but then just ran out of steam. My best ranking overall was like 46th. :thumbup:

I'm currently in 2nd overall in the night games but I pretty much shot my whole wad on Dallas, so I'm sure that I'll drop like a rock there after tonite.

Thanks for the heads up DD!!

Turfwar.com
OUTSTANDING. I took 15th overall in the Early games plus won some sub-leagues. This definitely is an addicting game. I am sure I will keep on playing.
Yes this looks like it could become an addicting game. I like the user interface too. It's easy to use but very well designed. It's a unique concept that should catch on. I like the fact that you can pick a subset of games such as the Early games (1pm). Yesterday I had a much better feeling on those matchups than the Late games or the Overall games. I really liked that Eagles/Lions matchup and felt it would generate some huge points. I didn't pick Curtis, but I did get lucky with Boldin on a gut feeling that he would also match up well against Baltimore.

I think i placed in some games.I know I have 4cr and my best ranking is freaking #11 overall in the ALL GAMES part even though teams #9 and 10 have the same points as I do
Delusional,All of our rankings reflect the current status of our tie-breaker questions. Because the ALL game doesn't finish up until the conclusion of tonight's game those results are still temporary. You were awarded 4 credits just for signing up, any winning subleague credits will be added to your account Tuesday.
Thank you :rolleyes:

Turf,Are you planning to make a less intense user interface for those of us with crappy graphics cards and 4 year old computers?G

BroadwayG said:
Turf Warrior said:
delusional said:
Turf,Are you planning to make a less intense user interface for those of us with crappy graphics cards and 4 year old computers?G
Broadway G,We're working on increasing the performance of the site as we speak - you should notice improvements once the new contest opens this week. BTW, our lead developer suggests picking great lineup, winning some $ and buying new equipment :) All kidding aside, we're working hard to make the site quicker for everybody ASAP.

Turf Warrior, is it possible to see the lineups of other players after all the games are completed?
Better than that, we're working on letting you see the full rosters with position challenge questions and tie-breaker guesses of other players WHILE the games are in progress - hopefully this week but probably next.

I am currently in first and fourth place in the ALL game. I'm praying that nobody below me has a Saint or a Titan (and that the Titans hold the Saints below 14 points!). Also placed 8th in the EARLY game.

Thanks so much to DD for posting this on the forum, I wouldn't have known about the TurfWar site without it. I'm a FBG since '00 (before the forums migrated and numbers were reset), and only have the best things to say about the work you guys do.

And to the TurfWar folks, regardless of what happens, I'm coming back! Great site interface, great concept. BTW, I wasn't able to add teams to my NIGHT games an hour and a half to half hour before the deadline. But it didn't bother me too much, I felt like I was just being greedy doing so :goodposting:

I am currently in first and fourth place in the ALL game. I'm praying that nobody below me has a Saint or a Titan (and that the Titans hold the Saints below 14 points!). Also placed 8th in the EARLY game. Thanks so much to DD for posting this on the forum, I wouldn't have known about the TurfWar site without it. I'm a FBG since '00 (before the forums migrated and numbers were reset), and only have the best things to say about the work you guys do.And to the TurfWar folks, regardless of what happens, I'm coming back! Great site interface, great concept. BTW, I wasn't able to add teams to my NIGHT games an hour and a half to half hour before the deadline. But it didn't bother me too much, I felt like I was just being greedy doing so :lmao:
Waverider are you the Billsville Trojans team? I am the King Jad team. We were in the same subleague. So far it looks like we have 4 FBG's in the top 8 of the Early game if this scoring holds up. Good luck in the ALL game. I hope you win. I didn't play in that game. I was too lazy to fill out more teams after doing the EARLY and NIGHT games :D

I am currently in first and fourth place in the ALL game. I'm praying that nobody below me has a Saint or a Titan (and that the Titans hold the Saints below 14 points!). Also placed 8th in the EARLY game. Thanks so much to DD for posting this on the forum, I wouldn't have known about the TurfWar site without it. I'm a FBG since '00 (before the forums migrated and numbers were reset), and only have the best things to say about the work you guys do.And to the TurfWar folks, regardless of what happens, I'm coming back! Great site interface, great concept. BTW, I wasn't able to add teams to my NIGHT games an hour and a half to half hour before the deadline. But it didn't bother me too much, I felt like I was just being greedy doing so :P
Waverider are you the Billsville Trojans team? I am the King Jad team. We were in the same subleague. So far it looks like we have 4 FBG's in the top 8 of the Early game if this scoring holds up. Good luck in the ALL game. I hope you win. I didn't play in that game. I was too lazy to fill out more teams after doing the EARLY and NIGHT games :D
Yeah, that's my team. I would have won that subleague too if I didn't get stuck in it with you! :confused: Congrats on your win. I'm glad you didn't play the ALL game. With a score like you had in the EARLY game, you might have won!

I am currently in first and fourth place in the ALL game. I'm praying that nobody below me has a Saint or a Titan (and that the Titans hold the Saints below 14 points!). Also placed 8th in the EARLY game. Thanks so much to DD for posting this on the forum, I wouldn't have known about the TurfWar site without it. I'm a FBG since '00 (before the forums migrated and numbers were reset), and only have the best things to say about the work you guys do.And to the TurfWar folks, regardless of what happens, I'm coming back! Great site interface, great concept. BTW, I wasn't able to add teams to my NIGHT games an hour and a half to half hour before the deadline. But it didn't bother me too much, I felt like I was just being greedy doing so :goodposting:
Waverider are you the Billsville Trojans team? I am the King Jad team. We were in the same subleague. So far it looks like we have 4 FBG's in the top 8 of the Early game if this scoring holds up. Good luck in the ALL game. I hope you win. I didn't play in that game. I was too lazy to fill out more teams after doing the EARLY and NIGHT games :excited:
Yeah, that's my team. I would have won that subleague too if I didn't get stuck in it with you! :headbang: Congrats on your win. I'm glad you didn't play the ALL game. With a score like you had in the EARLY game, you might have won!
I don't think there's any way I would have picked Boldin as my #2 in the ALL game. I would have probably went with CJ and scored less. What was your ALL lineup?

Users who are viewing this thread