What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (4 Viewers)

Hi I was wondering where my check from turfwar was. I won 3rd place in week 8 and sent in my verification form asap from recieving it. I was wondering when I will be recieving my check. If you could help me out turfwarrior it would be greatly appreciated.

3 hour lunch said:
I have posted my analysis of the Early, Late and Night Games challenge questions for TurfWar on FFAuthority. Good luck this weekend!

Direct links:

Early Games analysis

Afternoon Games analysis

Night Games analysis

We'll be posting our analysis of the All Games section tommorow night.

See you on the leaderboard! :football:
Are you still doing these picks? I don't see anything out there for week 13.
Last week and this week have been extremely busy with "real life" stuff. I will try and start it back up next week.Ryan

Hi I was wondering where my check from turfwar was. I won 3rd place in week 8 and sent in my verification form asap from recieving it. I was wondering when I will be recieving my check. If you could help me out turfwarrior it would be greatly appreciated.
I never received my winnings from week 7. I sent in verification forms for week 7, week 10, week 11 and week 12 and have seen nothing. Some were for referral winnings. Week 7 was supposed to be $750 for 4th place. They haven't returned any emails. Not sure what is going on.

I never received my winnings from week 7. I sent in verification forms for week 7, week 10, week 11 and week 12 and have seen nothing. Some were for referral winnings. Week 7 was supposed to be $750 for 4th place. They haven't returned any emails. Not sure what is going on.
I hope they haven't run out of money. I have $4K coming my way. I have been very supportive of turfwar. I have pushed their game to all my friends/ family & co workers and even on my Jets message board and I would hate to come up with egg on my face here. They have paid me out in the past and I hope things are just slow now. But the videos are gone...there is no more emails coming but the games are still up and running. I mean if the games are running people are paying money to play,right? I didn't get a winner email this week...or any turfwar emails this week.Any insight into whats going on would be great turfwarrior.

I hope they haven't run out of money. I have $4K coming my way. I have been very supportive of turfwar. I have pushed their game to all my friends/ family & co workers and even on my Jets message board and I would hate to come up with egg on my face here. They have paid me out in the past and I hope things are just slow now. But the videos are gone...there is no more emails coming but the games are still up and running. I mean if the games are running people are paying money to play,right? I didn't get a winner email this week...or any turfwar emails this week.Any insight into whats going on would be great turfwarrior.
I got my winner email this week. Either way don't spend that money til you got it in your account :lmao:

the investors must be ticked again

the surge in referral entries seems to have been short-lived

I sent this suggestion to Jeff aka "Turf Warrior" on November the 7th

Jeff,

I got your email about needing people to buy credits to play to keep

things afloat. I'm no business model genius, but as a consumer, I would

be more inclined to play/buy credits if the payout was not quite so top

heavy. Maybe pay out the top 30 places in each contest with the top

prizes being $2000 for the ALL and $1000 for the other games. Still pay

out $25K, just allow more winners with the minimum prize for 30th

place(s) being $100 and $50. Work the increments out however you want, but

I think more would play if you had more winners. I had several of my

friends join for the free credits, and some finished in the top 30, but

since tey didn't win anything, they were not inclined to put any money

into it. It would be more work to process more payouts, but the game

would appeal more to me as a low stakes casual gambler, which is what I

would imagine is what the bulk of your clientele will be.

Just my 2 cents.

I imagine they are legally required to pay out the winners as long as they continue to run the contest.

I'm with ya.. it does appear to be a scam. I have been watching the site letting other people bet and play before I decided to give it a shot.. unfortunately most of the responses I see aren't good.. and I see the site has a bunch of new typo's and poor shoddy graphics.. it appears they paid someone to build the site.. and now they're trying to edit it themselves and they're either running out of money or to busy spending the money they're scamming..A little research on the guy who runs this Turfwar site shows that he's had a billion other failed ideas most of which never even left the launch pad.. but the most scammy one of all is that he's a domain squatter.. buying up domains and then trying to resell them later.. just doesn't look good...
I hadn't been on the Turfwar site in a few weeks until today, but I don't see the "new typo's and poor shoddy graphics" you referenced.Since when is domain squatting "scammy"? It's opportunistic, and that is OK in my book.

weevol said:
I'm with ya.. it does appear to be a scam. I have been watching the site letting other people bet and play before I decided to give it a shot.. unfortunately most of the responses I see aren't good.. and I see the site has a bunch of new typo's and poor shoddy graphics.. it appears they paid someone to build the site.. and now they're trying to edit it themselves and they're either running out of money or to busy spending the money they're scamming..A little research on the guy who runs this Turfwar site shows that he's had a billion other failed ideas most of which never even left the launch pad.. but the most scammy one of all is that he's a domain squatter.. buying up domains and then trying to resell them later.. just doesn't look good...
I hadn't been on the Turfwar site in a few weeks until today, but I don't see the "new typo's and poor shoddy graphics" you referenced.Since when is domain squatting "scammy"? It's opportunistic, and that is OK in my book.
Greetings everyone. We got a little behind with the Thanksgiving holiday so we're running a tad late with the latest batch of winners checks.

weevol said:
Greetings everyone. We got a little behind with the Thanksgiving holiday so we're running a tad late with the latest batch of winners checks.
Can you define a "tad"?

Can you define a "tad"?
For forms received the week of Nov 9 about a week

Can you define a "tad"?
For forms received the week of Nov 9 about a week
Thanks for the answer :thumbup:

You're pulling my chain right?The three main graphics on the front page above that girl in the video.. obviously a photoshop hack job compared to the rest of the site which looks great. Clicking on video's the latest video has no picture, the link doesn't work and it says "What new turfwar" .. Which I think should read "What's new at Turfwar" or something similar.. The video's haven't been updated in almost (if not more) than a month..And domain squatting in my book is not cool.. people have great ideas they go to view if the name is available.. and someone like this guy is squatting on it.. and wants some ubsurd amount typically..

You're pulling my chain right?The three main graphics on the front page above that girl in the video.. obviously a photoshop hack job compared to the rest of the site which looks great. Clicking on video's the latest video has no picture, the link doesn't work and it says "What new turfwar" .. Which I think should read "What's new at Turfwar" or something similar.. The video's haven't been updated in almost (if not more) than a month..And domain squatting in my book is not cool.. people have great ideas they go to view if the name is available.. and someone like this guy is squatting on it.. and wants some ubsurd amount typically..
the videos have rarely been updated since the site was opened...to my knowledge at leastthe graphics and page formatting have often been out of whackas long as the money keep flowing.... :popcorn:

I received my $5000, and am typing this while sitting on my new living room furniture that i bought with the winnings!

THANKS TURFWAR!!

I am trying to spread the word, and will be putting some cash back into the site this week for a chance at more cash.

I received my $5000, and am typing this while sitting on my new living room furniture that i bought with the winnings!

THANKS TURFWAR!!

I am trying to spread the word, and will be putting some cash back into the site this week for a chance at more cash.
will do the same if i get my check. plan on re-investment of at least 15% of winnings.

My account has not been updated this week, and I have 6 credits which I can access right now! I am seriously starting to wonder about this site, and have stated that to Jeff Pester, which he promises he and his site are legit. I won $250 in week 9 and $1250 in week 10 and nothing since, told everybody and thier momma about(I was officially a walking billboard for Turfwar)...but I can say I haven't collected any money yet and it is very discouraging when i check the mail every day and there is nothing in the box......except bills. I really enjoy the site and the way it is set up but i gotta get paid before i pour money into it again......someone give me some words of encouragement. I if i do get paid, everyone on here will know fo' sho! Anyone out there win a long time ago and not get paid yet? :thumbup:

I got paid my $2500 for winning week 6, but haven't received my $2500 for winning week 9 yet.

I also can't seem to submit any rosters right now. Whenever I click on the "play now" buttons it says error on page and when I go to the contest entry tab, it says week 14 contest is currently closed? :confused:

yea i cant log in any picks either. I am in pretty much the same shape as everyone else where once my wife gets her check for her winnings I am willing to drop a good amount of that back in but at this point with the delay in collecting I am a little skeptical to do so. If there is anything that they really need to work on is this pay out schedule. Seems as though that in itself would significantly increase the traffic on the site. However, given taht you can't make any picks on the site right now and that there is no description of why I am a bit concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah...for this site to be professional, it sure has had several miscues as of late. worst case scenario...if our money is withheld, then what exactly can we do about it? Any suggestions? It also seems crazy that everyone on this "Football Guys Forum" seems to have won money....anyone notice that?!?!? REALLY-WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? Either we are all a bunch of liars, or TurfWar is going to go broke fast....., and if anyone gets paid from weeks 9 or 10....Holla @cha Boy!!! Did I mention that I'm broke, it's Christmas, and I got a baby due January 3rd, I GOTTA GET PAID!!! :goodposting:

yeah...for this site to be professional, it sure has had several miscues as of late. worst case scenario...if our money is withheld, then what exactly can we do about it? Any suggestions? It also seems crazy that everyone on this "Football Guys Forum" seems to have won money....anyone notice that?!?!? REALLY-WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? Either we are all a bunch of liars, or TurfWar is going to go broke fast....., and if anyone gets paid from weeks 9 or 10....Holla @cha Boy!!! Did I mention that I'm broke, it's Christmas, and I got a baby due January 3rd, I GOTTA GET PAID!!! :lmao:
I really did win 1,000 from week 4 and got that check and cashed it long ago...they do owe me another 4K....and with each day that passes...so do my hopes I will see any of that money with all these posts.I just hope if they have shut the game down...they have the cash to payout the guys they owe money to.

I definitely got paid my $2000 from my Week 7 2nd place finish, but the lack of communication about what is going on behind the scenes is a little disheartening. He seemed to be pretty honest when they sent out the emails a few weeks ago about the referral program and getting more people on the site in order to stay alive, but now that it is Friday already and no ability to input rosters for the weekend is telling me their investors may have shuttered them. I do believe that Jeff said that previous winners would all get their money and I believe that he believes that, but this is still a little worrisome.

I do think it's safe to say that they are losing quite a bit of money this first year but investors should know that is what it takes to get started. The disappearance of the Turf Talk and Paul Charchian's videos from the site a few weeks ago seems to indicate that they are in a money crunch. I just hope they come back because this is a great concept and I enjoy playing it...

I definitely got paid my $2000 from my Week 7 2nd place finish, but the lack of communication about what is going on behind the scenes is a little disheartening. He seemed to be pretty honest when they sent out the emails a few weeks ago about the referral program and getting more people on the site in order to stay alive, but now that it is Friday already and no ability to input rosters for the weekend is telling me their investors may have shuttered them. I do believe that Jeff said that previous winners would all get their money and I believe that he believes that, but this is still a little worrisome.I do think it's safe to say that they are losing quite a bit of money this first year but investors should know that is what it takes to get started. The disappearance of the Turf Talk and Paul Charchian's videos from the site a few weeks ago seems to indicate that they are in a money crunch. I just hope they come back because this is a great concept and I enjoy playing it...
I agree with everything you said and feel the same way. This game is awesome and it would be a shame to not be able to play it again.

I still haven't seen any winnings from week 7. It was $750. I don't hold much hope for weeks 10 or 11 either.

You see the same people on the leaderboard each week seems like and that probably indicates there aren't that many people playing even though most of us referred a lot of others to the site. All my referred friends said they won't buy credits until they confirm that the site actually pays out. Someone posting on a message board isn't confirmation I guess. They are waiting for me to show them a copy of a check.

My guess is that the owners want to continue to see it through but investors are jumping ship so there's no money. That's ok if they can't continue the game, but what about previous week winners. Are those who never got their winnings just out of luck?

Tejas Sancho said:
yeah...for this site to be professional, it sure has had several miscues as of late. worst case scenario...if our money is withheld, then what exactly can we do about it? Any suggestions? It also seems crazy that everyone on this "Football Guys Forum" seems to have won money....anyone notice that?!?!? REALLY-WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? Either we are all a bunch of liars, or TurfWar is going to go broke fast....., and if anyone gets paid from weeks 9 or 10....Holla @cha Boy!!! Did I mention that I'm broke, it's Christmas, and I got a baby due January 3rd, I GOTTA GET PAID!!! :mellow:
I won on week 8 for 500 but have not recieved anything yet. Im sure people are getting paid and turfwarrior who is jeff pester says everything got behind because of the holiday. I dont know what to believe but I will tell you when I get my check. I really think his investors are few and far between because they have to know that you are going to lose money for a year or two but it should be for the long hall. I wonder if we can come together and sue or what the case would be if we dont get paid. Jeff also said even if the game ends everyone who has won to date will get paid no matter what. I hope I can believe him.

I got my winner email this week. Either way don't spend that money til you got it in your account :towelwave:
I received mine as well for my referral. It came yesterday (11/30).
I have faith turfwar will come through.
Still waiting for my cheque for week 7. Hopefully this week???
Still waiting for my cheque for week 7. Hopefully NEXT week......Not holding my breath though.

Site still says "We are currently updating our site. Please try again in a short while."

Would be nice if Turf Warrior dropped us a line and let us know what's going on and when/if the contest will be opening up for week 14.

I am very anxious to see what is going on with the site and this temporarily down notice. Hopefully it comes back up because if it is legit....then people who have put their money into the site are not going to be happy, and the site will definitely lose money now. One more mystery to the TurfWar legacy....or they well just hand out "Free Credits Due to the Inconvenience".......I don't want free credits.....i wanna get paid! :thumbup:

Yeah this is pretty brutal. Not to get an email from Jeff is unacceptable. I too have yet to get paid, along with getting my referral credits from this week, since you don't get them until they fill out a roster. Needless to say, the people I referred are not too impressed.

yeah...for this site to be professional, it sure has had several miscues as of late. worst case scenario...if our money is withheld, then what exactly can we do about it? Any suggestions? It also seems crazy that everyone on this "Football Guys Forum" seems to have won money....anyone notice that?!?!? REALLY-WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT??? Either we are all a bunch of liars, or TurfWar is going to go broke fast....., and if anyone gets paid from weeks 9 or 10....Holla @cha Boy!!! Did I mention that I'm broke, it's Christmas, and I got a baby due January 3rd, I GOTTA GET PAID!!! :excited:
people who don't win are likely not going to postI estimate the average number of players that play each week are in the mid hundreds, like 300-700. Most of them are probably free credit players, though I have seen some players who play full rosters each week (20 games) and they have obviously put money into it.

We are in the process of reformulating our Turf War contests. Because of the amount of time required to complete this work we will be unable to offer our contests for the Week 14 NFL games. Please look for our relaunch Wednesday December 12th.

My guess is that they will relaunch with a much flatter prize structure which isn't so top heavy and they won't have near the same top prize (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), especially if I end up getting paid for my win. :thumbup:

Well still no money for me...Just bought a plane ticket to Minneapolis. I'll report back after I complete the job.

Hello everyone - wanted to include a message (below) that was sent out to all Turf War players today. Hope to see you all next year.

Due to a number or circumstances we will not be offering our weekly contests for the remainder of this year. First and foremost we were not able to attract enough paying players to continue to offer our $25,000 weekly payouts beyond NFL Week #13. Without assurances that payouts beyond Week #13 could be covered we had intended to reformulate the game to allow players to continue to play the contests for the rest of the year for free (but without cash payouts), however the technical demands needed to make those changes were simply too great for only 3 remaining weekends.

We know that many of you really enjoyed our contest format and we fully intend to relaunch Turf War for next year's football season. In the interim all player's accounts will remain in tact with unused game credits being carried forward to next year. All game credits that were purchased after Sunday December 2nd have been fully refunded. For all previous winners that have submitted winner verification forms within the past couple weeks, we will be contacting each of you by email to let you know when you can expect to receive your winnings.

We've worked incredibly hard to bring you Turf War and are sincerely disappointed that we've had to end the contest prematurely this year. We appreciate all the messages of support we've received over the past several weeks and are looking forward to bringing you a bigger and better Turf War contest next year.

Thanks again for all your support,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I loved the game and I can't wait to play again next season. You will have my support again next season.

That's a shame. I really liked the idea behind all of this. Hopefully next season with more advertisement and such things can go better. Man I had a nice lineup to go this week too

Users who are viewing this thread