What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (2 Viewers)

Turfwar, in my opinion, is a great idea. So far I have signed up, or getting ready to sign up, 5 new members through the

referal program.

In week 13 I placed 3rd in the night games and 1st in the subleague. Not long after that the site went down for maintenance

and has not been working since. By placing 3rd I should have won $500 but , call me paranoid, I'm beginning to wonder if

I'll ever see it or if this site will ever come back up. A fellow football guy subscriber, and member of my fantasy football league, also has won a total of $225 on week

8 and week 9 and has not seen any pay out yet either. The site was down all last week so there were no week 14 games

to play and at this point it doesn't appear their will be any week 15 games either.

My only other observation for Turfwar would be to really push the money winners each week to trade in all or some of

their winnings for more credits. That way more of the money stays with TurfWar which, if the site hasen't gone out of

business, will give them a better cash flow.

thanks for letting me rant some about the possible loss of my $500. I guess you can't get to upset over something

you never had!!!!

Hello everyone - wanted to include a message (below) that was sent out to all Turf War players today. Hope to see you all next year.****************Jeff,I place 3rd in the night games on week 13 but didn't receive any winner verification notice yet. Am I pretty muchout of luck?Due to a number or circumstances we will not be offering our weekly contests for the remainder of this year. First and foremost we were not able to attract enough paying players to continue to offer our $25,000 weekly payouts beyond NFL Week #13. Without assurances that payouts beyond Week #13 could be covered we had intended to reformulate the game to allow players to continue to play the contests for the rest of the year for free (but without cash payouts), however the technical demands needed to make those changes were simply too great for only 3 remaining weekends.We know that many of you really enjoyed our contest format and we fully intend to relaunch Turf War for next year's football season. In the interim all player's accounts will remain in tact with unused game credits being carried forward to next year. All game credits that were purchased after Sunday December 2nd have been fully refunded. For all previous winners that have submitted winner verification forms within the past couple weeks, we will be contacting each of you by email to let you know when you can expect to receive your winnings.We've worked incredibly hard to bring you Turf War and are sincerely disappointed that we've had to end the contest prematurely this year. We appreciate all the messages of support we've received over the past several weeks and are looking forward to bringing you a bigger and better Turf War contest next year.Thanks again for all your support,Jeff

Now that we all got our emails stating the site is finished for the year I wonder if I'll receive my

$500 I won in week 13. I kinda doubt it. I never did get any verification form through the\

email that I was suppose to send back in. I would think that they would have to honor payouts

through the last week the game was played.......week 13. They have the names and email addresses

of everyone who won in week 13 so it wouldn't be hard to contact them. I guess you can't pay

people their winnings when you broke....so that could be a problem. It figures the week I finally

won some money would be the week this site goes under.

I got my winner email this week. Either way don't spend that money til you got it in your account :thumbup:
I received mine as well for my referral. It came yesterday (11/30).
I have faith turfwar will come through.
Still waiting for my cheque for week 7. Hopefully this week???
Still waiting for my cheque for week 7. Hopefully NEXT week......Not holding my breath though.
Still waiting for my cheque for week 7. Hopefully NEXT NEXT week...... Still not holding my breath though.

I don't know if Turfwar guarantees delivery of checks in "X" number of weeks. Anyone who is expecting a payout must have received an email notifying them that they are in the money and it should have included a form that needed to be completed and submitted. Once that is sent in you can expect to wait AT LEAST 5 weeks and maybe more (now that the game has been cancelled for the rest of 2007) to get your money. If you didn't get an email with the form you will not be able to claim your winnings. If you need a form, PM me, I have one I can email to you. I know that right now you can't even log in to verify that you had won in a previous week and that is discouraging for sure, but you SHOULD have received an email.

Does anyone have access to the TurfWar phone #? I tries to find it on the website but was unable to because you cant get past main page. Oh by the way.....still haven't received my week 9 or 10 checks yet fellas........ :thumbdown:

Does anyone have access to the TurfWar phone #? I tries to find it on the website but was unable to because you cant get past main page. Oh by the way.....still haven't received my week 9 or 10 checks yet fellas........ :football:
The number is 612-216-5459. I've phoned and left messages but none returned yet. I've sent in a 2nd verification form today for week 7 by registered mail. At least I'll know for sure that they've received this verification form.

I hadn't been on the Turfwar site in a few weeks until today, but I don't see the "new typo's and poor shoddy graphics" you referenced.Since when is domain squatting "scammy"? It's opportunistic, and that is OK in my book.
You're pulling my chain right?The three main graphics on the front page above that girl in the video.. obviously a photoshop hack job compared to the rest of the site which looks great. Clicking on video's the latest video has no picture, the link doesn't work and it says "What new turfwar" .. Which I think should read "What's new at Turfwar" or something similar.. The video's haven't been updated in almost (if not more) than a month..And domain squatting in my book is not cool.. people have great ideas they go to view if the name is available.. and someone like this guy is squatting on it.. and wants some ubsurd amount typically..
the videos have rarely been updated since the site was opened...to my knowledge at leastthe graphics and page formatting have often been out of whackas long as the money keep flowing.... :)
The money stopped flowing :(

They owe me 4,300....I haven't heard a word from jeff since week 8. Turfwar is dead. I would just accept the fact your money isn't coming.

Thanks turfwar!

Its bizarre the way they are handling this, if they have the money to pay out, why not make an effort to pay it out on time? Every day that goes by, people get more and more skeptical and are going to be unlikely to pump money into the site if it were to go live again next season because of the piss poor way they have handled this and because people just can't trust putting money into a site that is run this way.

And if they don't have the money to pay out, then why did they bother with the emails telling people they will still be getting the money and promising to come back with a "bigger, better Turfwar" next season. If they are planning to stiff everyone this year, they can't possibly expect to get anyone to put a dime into the site next season?

I thought they had a great idea and I loved playing the game. Every week I was using my winnings from week 6 to purchase more credits and buy in and I was fully addicted. I haven't seen a penny from my week 9 or week 12 winnings and haven't heard a word from anyone from Turfwar about if i'll ever see any of it. It's extremely disappointing the way they are handling this situation right now, and if they seriously are looking to start up Turfwar again next year, then they are doing irreparable damage to their reputation right now which is going to make it a million times more difficult to get customers next year.

dog214 said:
Did anyone lose any of their own money?
I made some deposits they still owe me 500 I think all of us should get together and put some sort of lawsuit against the company for our money if we dont recieve the money soon its such bull#### i am going to challenge all the money i put in with my creditcard company and get it back if I dont recieve my check.

They owe me $4,300 and I have over 20 credits in their system. Merry Christmas Jeff Pester! I Hope your family is enjoy our money this holiday season.

They owe me $4,300 and I have over 20 credits in their system. Merry Christmas Jeff Pester! I Hope your family is enjoy our money this holiday season.
Jeff,Hey thanks again for replying back to the previous email that I had sent you recently. I would like to advise you that Susan Morrison (my girlfriend) and I had already mailed in our Turf War Game Winner Verification Forms after we finished 1st and 2nd place respectively in the Week 11 Early Games Contest. Both forms were mailed out shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday so you should have received them by now. I just wanted to make sure that you do have these forms and that nothing else needs submitted. If you could confirm this, we'd greatly appreciate it!. Also, I know that I'll be receiving a check for $2,500 in my name (Jeffrey D Walk) and another one in the amount of $1,000 for Susan Morrison. The other question is "Will I still receive an additional $200.00 check in my name? " since I had previously referred Susan to your Turf War site and she ended up winning too. I think I'm eligible here to receive the 20% bonus referral check. Hopefully I won't have to send you a seperate form for the bonus and that you'll be able to see this once you've reviewed my account records. Well I need to go now Jeff so thanks again for all of your help and fantastic feedback. Again, we hope you and your family have a great Christmas and we'll look forward to receiving our checks in January. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

Jeff,Hey thanks again for replying back to the previous email that I had sent you recently. I would like to advise you that Susan Morrison (my girlfriend) and I had already mailed in our Turf War Game Winner Verification Forms after we finished 1st and 2nd place respectively in the Week 11 Early Games Contest. Both forms were mailed out shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday so you should have received them by now. I just wanted to make sure that you do have these forms and that nothing else needs submitted. If you could confirm this, we'd greatly appreciate it!. Also, I know that I'll be receiving a check for $2,500 in my name (Jeffrey D Walk) and another one in the amount of $1,000 for Susan Morrison. The other question is "Will I still receive an additional $200.00 check in my name? " since I had previously referred Susan to your Turf War site and she ended up winning too. I think I'm eligible here to receive the 20% bonus referral check. Hopefully I won't have to send you a seperate form for the bonus and that you'll be able to see this once you've reviewed my account records. Well I need to go now Jeff so thanks again for all of your help and fantastic feedback. Again, we hope you and your family have a great Christmas and we'll look forward to receiving our checks in January. Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!
Hello! I wanted to first thank you again for allowing us an opportunity to participate in the 2007 Turf War contests. Fortunately, I was reluctant to win on two seperate occasions (Week 7 & Week 11 Early games contests....... under the team name Columbus Bucknuts). My girlfriend Susan Morrison ( team name- Da Doomsday Blitz) also won on Week 11 (Early games contest) which enabled me to win an additional 20% ($200.00) as part of your referral bonus program. We were disappointed to hear that Turf War will no longer be offering anymore contests for this season. I hope that you can get everything worked out to where you can succeed next year and in the future. It's a very fun but challenging fantasy football contest that we enjoyed playing and will greatly miss. Also, we were curious to know when we should expect to receive our checks for winning the forementioned contests above. I've already received my first check ($1,000) for finishing 3rd in the Week 7 Early Games contest (Columbus Bucknuts). Jeff, I'm sure many people have asked you this question already but with the Christmas holiday upon us....the extra dollars could help us out tremendously!!! My girlfriend received an email on Dec 12 that mentioned any previous contest winners would be notified by email to inform us of when we should anticipate receiving our previous contest winning checks. I want to apologize but I honestly never received that email notification from you. We definitely wouldn't want to see Turf War encounter any legal problems that might jeopardize the site,contests or any it's loyal participants going forward. Sorry for the long email Jeff but we wanted to touch base with you and would greatly appreciate any feedback on this unfortunate but very important matter. Thanks and we hope that you and your entire family have a great Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year too! ...........Take care!Sincerely,Jeffrey Walk & Susan MorrisonThis is the emails that I have sent to Jeff Pester. He did reply back to me, but I haven't received an email from him since Dec 19th. My girlfriend is going to file with the Attorney General's Office in Minnesota and with the Better Business Bureau. She also works for a credit bureau reporting agency, and will be able to find out if they are under another business name. If we get enough people together, all of us will be able to file suit and retrieve our prior winnings. Please Reply

In the New York area, a lot of the nightly news stations have segments like "Shame on You" where investigative reporters confront scammers face to face to see if they can get them to pay up. Anything like that in the Minneapolis area that someone could contact. This guy needs to get exposed so he can't screw anyone else in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I wanted to first thank you again for allowing us an opportunity to participate in the 2007 Turf War contests. Fortunately, I was reluctant to win on two seperate occasions (Week 7 & Week 11 Early games contests....... under the team name Columbus Bucknuts). My girlfriend Susan Morrison ( team name- Da Doomsday Blitz) also won on Week 11 (Early games contest) which enabled me to win an additional 20% ($200.00) as part of your referral bonus program. We were disappointed to hear that Turf War will no longer be offering anymore contests for this season. I hope that you can get everything worked out to where you can succeed next year and in the future. It's a very fun but challenging fantasy football contest that we enjoyed playing and will greatly miss. Also, we were curious to know when we should expect to receive our checks for winning the forementioned contests above. I've already received my first check ($1,000) for finishing 3rd in the Week 7 Early Games contest (Columbus Bucknuts). Jeff, I'm sure many people have asked you this question already but with the Christmas holiday upon us....the extra dollars could help us out tremendously!!! My girlfriend received an email on Dec 12 that mentioned any previous contest winners would be notified by email to inform us of when we should anticipate receiving our previous contest winning checks. I want to apologize but I honestly never received that email notification from you. We definitely wouldn't want to see Turf War encounter any legal problems that might jeopardize the site,contests or any it's loyal participants going forward. Sorry for the long email Jeff but we wanted to touch base with you and would greatly appreciate any feedback on this unfortunate but very important matter. Thanks and we hope that you and your entire family have a great Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year too! ...........Take care!Sincerely,Jeffrey Walk & Susan MorrisonThis is the emails that I have sent to Jeff Pester. He did reply back to me, but I haven't received an email from him since Dec 19th. My girlfriend is going to file with the Attorney General's Office in Minnesota and with the Better Business Bureau. She also works for a credit bureau reporting agency, and will be able to find out if they are under another business name. If we get enough people together, all of us will be able to file suit and retrieve our prior winnings. Please Reply
keep us updated please....I hope he knows alot of this could be avoided with a little communication.

The thing was so cool, just a shame they don't know how to run a business.
To all of you previous Turf War winners that haven't received your past winnings yet. I along with my girlfriend had previously submitted our verification forms for winning the Week 11 early games contest in which we won both 1st & 2nd place purse prizes. Today we had filled out 2 more winner verification forms and (once again) mailed them back into Game Day Interactive, Inc. This is now our 2nd attempt to collect our winnings. I'm hoping they atleast have enough courtesy and respect to communicate back again and also mail us our winning checks before any legal action is pursued against them. Were not letting this rest guys so let's all rally together since we're all in the same situation here. I personally feel that the longer this takes to get resolved the more negative impact it will have on Turf War in the future years ahead. I don't mean to sound harsh but something must get done immediately. Why aren't we receiving anymore emails from this guy?? I really find this disturbing and hope that he doesn't think were gonna just hide and suddenly forget about our winnings. They should of never started this contest site if they weren't financially stable enough to hold there own. We left a message on Jeff Pester's voice message last night and basically explained how we felt and what needed to be done so that all of us winners can be accomodated fairly. If anyone would like to email me please feel free to do so and I'd be glad to reply back at my earliest convenience. My email is walkie33@comcast.net. Thanks again fellas and hopefully this mess can get straightened out soon before it get's any uglier than what it already is now.

If you check the TurfWarrior profile, you will see that Jeff Peste hasn't bothered to check in since his last post

Two things, in the event that we were to suspend the game anybody that had unused "paid" game credits would receive a refund for that amount. Secondly, we will continue to pay out winners checks to previous and current winners as usual even if we need to suspend the game at some future point.
:goodposting: :pics: :thumbdown:

I won a small prize back in two of the earlier weeks...printed out and filled out the verification form, but something told me not to mail it. I am now glad I didn't. I am interested to see what happens with this. Good luck to all you FBGs that have winnings pending. :angry:

Hello everyone - wanted to include a message (below) that was sent out to all Turf War players today. Hope to see you all next year.

Due to a number or circumstances we will not be offering our weekly contests for the remainder of this year. First and foremost we were not able to attract enough paying players to continue to offer our $25,000 weekly payouts beyond NFL Week #13. Without assurances that payouts beyond Week #13 could be covered we had intended to reformulate the game to allow players to continue to play the contests for the rest of the year for free (but without cash payouts), however the technical demands needed to make those changes were simply too great for only 3 remaining weekends.

We know that many of you really enjoyed our contest format and we fully intend to relaunch Turf War for next year's football season. In the interim all player's accounts will remain in tact with unused game credits being carried forward to next year. All game credits that were purchased after Sunday December 2nd have been fully refunded. For all previous winners that have submitted winner verification forms within the past couple weeks, we will be contacting each of you by email to let you know when you can expect to receive your winnings.

We've worked incredibly hard to bring you Turf War and are sincerely disappointed that we've had to end the contest prematurely this year. We appreciate all the messages of support we've received over the past several weeks and are looking forward to bringing you a bigger and better Turf War contest next year.

Thanks again for all your support,

Jeff
so, how many guys jumping into this for next year? :shock:

A side question here... both my brother and I actually got checks (he was a $5000 winner one week and the check cleared). He won later on, too, and is also waiting for that check. I am, however, one of the lucky ones that got all paid to me that I had coming b/c my wins were earlier in the year...

So, anyway. I'm doing my taxes now (and so is my brother). How do we handle this on taxes, considering this Pester cat has out SSNs "for tax purposes." I've not received a W-2G form or anything like that. Anyone know how to handle this?

Also... the guy may have been over his head, but if you sent that form in, I'd highly recommend getting a fraud alert and identity theft insurance. I did this awhile back when my wallet was lost or stolen.

A side question here... both my brother and I actually got checks (he was a $5000 winner one week and the check cleared). He won later on, too, and is also waiting for that check. I am, however, one of the lucky ones that got all paid to me that I had coming b/c my wins were earlier in the year...So, anyway. I'm doing my taxes now (and so is my brother). How do we handle this on taxes, considering this Pester cat has out SSNs "for tax purposes." I've not received a W-2G form or anything like that. Anyone know how to handle this?Also... the guy may have been over his head, but if you sent that form in, I'd highly recommend getting a fraud alert and identity theft insurance. I did this awhile back when my wallet was lost or stolen.
Not sure what the question is here, but you have to report gambling winnings as income. Enter the amount that you received on line 21 - Other income.

A side question here... both my brother and I actually got checks (he was a $5000 winner one week and the check cleared). He won later on, too, and is also waiting for that check. I am, however, one of the lucky ones that got all paid to me that I had coming b/c my wins were earlier in the year...So, anyway. I'm doing my taxes now (and so is my brother). How do we handle this on taxes, considering this Pester cat has out SSNs "for tax purposes." I've not received a W-2G form or anything like that. Anyone know how to handle this?Also... the guy may have been over his head, but if you sent that form in, I'd highly recommend getting a fraud alert and identity theft insurance. I did this awhile back when my wallet was lost or stolen.
Not sure what the question is here, but you have to report gambling winnings as income. Enter the amount that you received on line 21 - Other income.
Line 21... that should work. I know if you win over $1000 at a casino, they'll send you a W-2G. But, I did not win that much from Turfwar, and it's technically a "game of skill" not gambling. Thanks.

Line 21... that should work. I know if you win over $1000 at a casino, they'll send you a W-2G. But, I did not win that much from Turfwar, and it's technically a "game of skill" not gambling. Thanks.
......and that "game of skill" thing is why Jeff Pester said we would not get a W-2G.

A side question here... both my brother and I actually got checks (he was a $5000 winner one week and the check cleared). He won later on, too, and is also waiting for that check. I am, however, one of the lucky ones that got all paid to me that I had coming b/c my wins were earlier in the year...

So, anyway. I'm doing my taxes now (and so is my brother). How do we handle this on taxes, considering this Pester cat has out SSNs "for tax purposes." I've not received a W-2G form or anything like that. Anyone know how to handle this?

Also... the guy may have been over his head, but if you sent that form in, I'd highly recommend getting a fraud alert and identity theft insurance. I did this awhile back when my wallet was lost or stolen.
Call it what you want, but it still has to be reported as income and line 21 is the only place to put it.

Ugh... I just checked in on this. I haven't been on the boards since late season when all of this started going down. I was one of the lucky ones, I got my 5k as I won early on. I never submitted for an additional $250 I won late in the season... this was after people started complaining about not being paid.

I just signed up for credit monitoring. :thumbup: Oh well, $13 a month is a long ways to go before it costs more than the 5k I won...

F$#% Jeff Pester.

Users who are viewing this thread