What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (2 Viewers)

3 hour lunch said:
For FBG's- I'm sure people want to keep their rosters to themselves, but what strategy do you use for this? I ended up with 3 Colts on my team, and I'm thinking that might not be the best idea. To win, it seems like all of your players would need to really go nuts, and it's hard for multiple players on the same team to do that. Gl all....
I'm hoping to make it three weeks in a row on the top of at least one of the standings.For both the winners I had, I had one complete donkey on the team. I don't remember who it was two weeks ago, but last week, I started TO. Obviously, it's important to get points from your players (thank you, Tennessee Defense in Week 3, Tony Romo in Week 4), but...The biggest key? Get those bonus questions right! The two winning entries I've had, I've been 11 for 12 on the bonus questions combined (missed one this past week). They're critical. I "gut feeling" the roster, then scrutanize the bonus questions.Good luck! Hopefully, I'll be on the leaderboard and you'll be joining me!-TSB

Last edited by a moderator:
3 hour lunch said:
For FBG's- I'm sure people want to keep their rosters to themselves, but what strategy do you use for this? I ended up with 3 Colts on my team, and I'm thinking that might not be the best idea. To win, it seems like all of your players would need to really go nuts, and it's hard for multiple players on the same team to do that. Gl all....
I'm hoping to make it three weeks in a row on the top of at least one of the standings.For both the winners I had, I had one complete donkey on the team. I don't remember who it was two weeks ago, but last week, I started TO. Obviously, it's important to get points from your players (thank you, Tennessee Defense in Week 3, Tony Romo in Week 4), but...The biggest key? Get those bonus questions right! The two winning entries I've had, I've been 11 for 12 on the bonus questions combined (missed one this past week). They're critical. I "gut feeling" the roster, then scrutanize the bonus questions.Good luck! Hopefully, I'll be on the leaderboard and you'll be joining me!-TSB
:goodposting: I had two teams this weekend that earned me $1500...and on both teams I had Brian Westbrook! Fortunately...I nailed the bonus questions, and that was worth half my points....GL FBG....

Was wondering if there will be a mass mailing to the previous week winners as to when their checks are sent.
The answer is yes. Per the email we sent out this week to last weekend's winners, checks go out approximately two weeks after we receive your Winners Verification form. Most contests don't pay out for 4 - 6 weeks, our goal is to cut that time to 3 weeks or less.

Any FBG's cash again this week?
I missed this the beginning of the season due to being in the middle of the ocean. (Go Navy)Preliminary results have me tied for 9th in the early game. Would have gotten that top spot but wanted one team with someone other than Brady... I started Kitna on that team.. but if it stands up, $75 is $75.

No luck so far....

BUT.... I can't believe Cutler finished with 233 yards passing when the over/under was 235. If he gets there, it is a 42 point swing and I think at least one or two of my rosters end up near the money... :angry: I know there was one shuttle-pass that happened at the end that went for ~4 yards. I am holding out hope that this isn't reflected yet... :D

I made a mistake on the night game and entered the same roster twice... :bag:

Looking good for me this week. I'm currently in first in the overall with Nick Folk (K) going tonite. I also have Romo going over 250 which would give me an additional 21 points which is not showing up in my projected total.

Keep your fingers crossed for me as I hope another FBG will take home some cash.

So how were we supposed to interpret this question:

"Will the Cowboys (DAL) defense hold the Bills (BUF) to 14 or less points?"

Right now the site says "NO", but by my count the Cowboys defense has only allowed three points tonight...

I think we all know the intent of the question.

Still looking for me tonight. Currently in first and I think Romo will get some garbage yards to solidify the 250 and some more points. I cant believe I was almost too tired to enter the contest.

I think we all know the intent of the question.Still looking for me tonight. Currently in first and I think Romo will get some garbage yards to solidify the 250 and some more points. I cant believe I was almost too tired to enter the contest.
What's your team name at Turf War?

I think we all know the intent of the question.Still looking for me tonight. Currently in first and I think Romo will get some garbage yards to solidify the 250 and some more points. I cant believe I was almost too tired to enter the contest.
What's your team name at Turf War?
I think his name is Real Futbol... He mentioned earlier in the thread that he was leading the 'overall' contest, and had Nick Folk playing tonight... Nice combo...If he holds on that is another $5k for the FBG crew...Congrats...

Real Futbol is my team name. Looks like the site is temporarily down. I'm assuming i'll be contacted by someone?

Chalk up another for the FBG's.

Real Futbol is my team name. Looks like the site is temporarily down. I'm assuming i'll be contacted by someone?Chalk up another for the FBG's.
Nice work! We're thinking of renaming our game "FBGs ATM" after all the money you guys are taking off the table!!Yes, you'll get an email from us tomorrow afternoon after we validate the scoring from this weekend's games.

Thanks for the contest. Great site and I will tell all my buddies about it.

Couldn't have done it without the Shark Pool!

Just an FYI - Turf War is open for play now for NFL Week 6.

In just 4 weeks FBGs have won nearly $35,000 of the $100,000 in cash prizes that we've awarded.

Thanks again for all the feedback and compliments - good luck this weekend!

Nice. I got the email for the week 3 winnings being processed cut and sent out. In one of my earlier posts I brought this up and it was exactly what I meant about notification on when the checks would be sent. Thanks :thumbup:

I just signed up. It's a pretty simple set-up, and I haven't played in a league with yardage bonuses on TD's since back in the day!

I played last week and got all 6 of the challenge questions right.. unfortunately got cute and decided to try a Kitna-R. Williams combo and was destroyed for doing so. I was trying to gain an edge over those guys who just take Brady & Moss by default, oops.

Site is simple to use and I've told my friends to sign up, even for just the 4 free credits.. but it definitely seems like a gambling site to me (no, don't need to throw more links describing what's allowed). Bottom line you put money down to try and predict the outcome of what happens in sporting events, and get paid for being right. *shrug*

I think we all know the intent of the question.
I respectfully disagree. But I assume you answered "no."
Tomarken,The question was designed specifically to ask if a particular team would hold the opposing team to a certain number of points or fewer.
Good to see you reworded it this week. I didn't really care, because I wasn't in the running for any money, but with $25K on the line you can't afford to have poorly-worded questions - eventually it would have been a problem.

Anyone else find the site is usually very slow / crashy? I don't think it's me because I have absolutely no problems with other sites, but I ALWAYS have a problem with turfwar. I've tried in Firefox and IE and it freezes like 80% of the time. Very frustrating, as it seems there's way too much focus on making the site "look cool" and not nearly enough on actually making it function properly. Not trying to #####, just some (hopefully) constructive criticism...

I attempted a change at about 12:30.

Switching out Palmer and in McNabb on my EARLY ticket and Winslow from 90 to 80 yards on my ALL ticket.

I tried to make the switch to McNabb 3 times, all 3 times it showed that it saved all 3 times (telling me my change was

saved and giving me the popup regarding total remaining credits), but all 3 times when I toggled back to it, the change had NOT saved

Did anyone else encounter these types of issues?

I sent Jeff an email about 30 minutes ago and I am awaiting his reply.

I think they would have a record of the changes even if they are not currently reflected.

I attempted a change at about 12:30.Switching out Palmer and in McNabb on my EARLY ticket and Winslow from 90 to 80 yards on my ALL ticket.I tried to make the switch to McNabb 3 times, all 3 times it showed that it saved all 3 times (telling me my change wassaved and giving me the popup regarding total remaining credits), but all 3 times when I toggled back to it, the change had NOT savedDid anyone else encounter these types of issues?I sent Jeff an email about 30 minutes ago and I am awaiting his reply.I think they would have a record of the changes even if they are not currently reflected.
I am having a similar issue... I can't see any of my rosters....

Anyone else find the site is usually very slow / crashy? I don't think it's me because I have absolutely no problems with other sites, but I ALWAYS have a problem with turfwar. I've tried in Firefox and IE and it freezes like 80% of the time. Very frustrating, as it seems there's way too much focus on making the site "look cool" and not nearly enough on actually making it function properly. Not trying to #####, just some (hopefully) constructive criticism...
Not worries, we appreciate the feedback. We had some last minute problems attempting to integrate our Dashboard feature between 11 - 12 CT that caused some of you to have problems. All is resolved except the Dashboard wasn't able to make it for this week.

I attempted a change at about 12:30.Switching out Palmer and in McNabb on my EARLY ticket and Winslow from 90 to 80 yards on my ALL ticket.I tried to make the switch to McNabb 3 times, all 3 times it showed that it saved all 3 times (telling me my change wassaved and giving me the popup regarding total remaining credits), but all 3 times when I toggled back to it, the change had NOT savedDid anyone else encounter these types of issues?I sent Jeff an email about 30 minutes ago and I am awaiting his reply.I think they would have a record of the changes even if they are not currently reflected.
I am having a similar issue... I can't see any of my rosters....
I am no longer having issues...

This also happened during a redeployment late this morning. All affected accounts will be remedied shortly.

Just wanted to reiterate that we really appreciate the feedback, suggestions, and constructive criticism from everyone. We are working very hard to improve our site and performance every week and are committed to resolving every single customer service issue as soon as it occurs.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

We just had one of the most exciting finishes in Turf War history as Carson Palmer came out of nowhere in the last couple minutes of the game to surpass the 280 yards passing yards called for in the EARLY Position Challenge Question. Those 21 points vaulted The Crushers to an unofficial 1st place while moving a number of teams right off the top 10 list.

Possibly the best contest finish of the year so far!

We just had one of the most exciting finishes in Turf War history as Carson Palmer came out of nowhere in the last couple minutes of the game to surpass the 280 yards passing yards called for in the EARLY Position Challenge Question. Those 21 points vaulted The Crushers to an unofficial 1st place while moving a number of teams right off the top 10 list.Possibly the best contest finish of the year so far!
Thanks for the reminder. I was in the money until that play.... :lmao:

We just had one of the most exciting finishes in Turf War history as Carson Palmer came out of nowhere in the last couple minutes of the game to surpass the 280 yards passing yards called for in the EARLY Position Challenge Question. Those 21 points vaulted The Crushers to an unofficial 1st place while moving a number of teams right off the top 10 list.Possibly the best contest finish of the year so far!
Thanks for the reminder. I was in the money until that play.... :wall:
Saw that - sorry

Thanks for the reminder. I was in the money until that play.... :banned:
Saw that - sorry
I certainly can't complain about it... I was on the benefiting end of a similar situation when I won money two weeks ago...

Yeah, that bumped me from #1 to #3 in my subleague.And in the late game challenge questions: Will Kurt Warner (ARI) have over 240 passing yards against the Panthers (CAR)? Your answer: yes :banned:ETA - Happy to report the wesite seems to be working fine now. :yucky:

Turf Warrior, even though I'm currently winning my sub-league and reporting this could jeopardize that, You should check out a team named CHUD. He put a pretty decent lineup together, but his player points are not showing up in the standings, only the position challenge points.

I'd rather win by flat out beating the other guy, than by a computer glitch. Since the sub-leagues don't have league numbers or anything, I don't know what other info I can give you other than he's from Fleetwood NC and my team which is currently winning is Magic Brownies.

tomarken said:
Turf Warrior said:
Yeah, that bumped me from #1 to #3 in my subleague.And in the late game challenge questions: Will Kurt Warner (ARI) have over 240 passing yards against the Panthers (CAR)? Your answer: yes :goodposting:ETA - Happy to report the wesite seems to be working fine now. :rolleyes:
I bet more than 50% of us are with you on that Warner bandwagon!

Thought I was in the money last week until last Monday moved me down to 13th and 14th in the early games.

This week it says I am sitting at 6th in the early games. I seem to be ok at these early games, but man do I suck at the late and night games.

If plax plays, I have a slim chance at getting in the cash in the ALL games as well.

Thought I was in the money last week until last Monday moved me down to 13th and 14th in the early games. This week it says I am sitting at 6th in the early games. I seem to be ok at these early games, but man do I suck at the late and night games.If plax plays, I have a slim chance at getting in the cash in the ALL games as well.
Nothing personal, but some of us are hoping that doesn't happen. :bitesfingernails:

Thought I was in the money last week until last Monday moved me down to 13th and 14th in the early games. This week it says I am sitting at 6th in the early games. I seem to be ok at these early games, but man do I suck at the late and night games.If plax plays, I have a slim chance at getting in the cash in the ALL games as well.
Nothing personal, but some of us are hoping that doesn't happen. :bitesfingernails:
no offense taken.. gotta look out for #1 :lmao:

God shoot me please lol

Ended with 275 in the early game..without AP, who took in 60 points.

rank 11th overall :no:

Users who are viewing this thread