What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (2 Viewers)

ALLcurrent rank top 14 ---------- 21 13 : max points : team name1 : 263 no no : 263 : Avenal Aces2 : 258 no no : 258 : Titan Empire3 : 248 no no : 248 : Bigmuck4 : 246 no no : 246 : Gridiron Assasins5 : 241 no no : 241 : Parms Cats6 : 241 no yes : 254 : FFAuthority7 : 241 yes yes : 275 : Columbus Bucknuts8 : 240 no yes : 253 : Scorgasm9 : 239 yes no : 260 : The Cooler10: 238 no no : 238 : Ragnars Heros12: 235 no yes : 248+ Fred Taylor : Dave's Pokes11: 235 no yes : 248 : maui brews13: 235 no no : 235 : THE HOPPIES14: 233 yes yes : 267 : Squinting_Cyclopsaccording to the standing currently available using the hunt and peck method :lmao:others below this may end up in the money if they have players yet to go tonight, especially if they have a YES and YES combo...they have the ability to move the most......it took me long enough to track down 11, 12, and 13 so I didn't want to dig any deeper..........
Wow... Nice effort...Thanks for posting :goodposting:ETA: FWIW... #14 is sitting at 233... I am at 230 tied for 21st... so there only a few teams at 232 and 231...

Last edited by a moderator:
First weekend trying this game and I must say I really like it. Won some more free games but when those run out I can certainly see pumping some money in this thing. Great Product.

I'm at 198 with Dallas Clark and YES YES for the questions so

30 - good game for Dallas

21 - Peyton question

13 - Dallas question

A man can dream can't he?

Still not counting my late game points. I wouldn't have won anyway but still. :unsure:
:lmao:
There's an error in scoring for a few teams in my Early game. The bottom 4 teams, including my own, don't have their players scores counted. Only the player challenge points. I emailed yesterday but they said they were unaware of anything that could be causing a problem. :lmao: The rest of my games are scored correctly.

if 23 was the over/under on manning completions, those turfwar dudes are geniuses.

even though they probably ripped it off from vegas.

Holy Crap! Manning, DO NOT THROW ANOTHER PASS!!!!!
Nice, did you win the tie?
Yes, I did. I picked Brees to throw 2 TD's and he did. Looks like I am 5k richer! As you can see by my name, I help run a small Fantasy Football site that aids you in setting your lineups and such. We also do features that help you pick your Turf War team. This previous week was our first attempt at it. Myself and the owner Matt will be writing articles to help pick the challenge questions every week. Drop by and say hi to us!

Still not counting my late game points. I wouldn't have won anyway but still. :thumbup:
:mellow:
There's an error in scoring for a few teams in my Early game. The bottom 4 teams, including my own, don't have their players scores counted. Only the player challenge points. I emailed yesterday but they said they were unaware of anything that could be causing a problem. :lmao: The rest of my games are scored correctly.
All teams listed in the EARLY game are scored correctly. Evidently something is going on with your machine, may not have javascript enabled.

The key word in the whole karma thing is OVER 23 completions! It's ok I'll just do what I normally do in stressfull situations, and randomly shoot people in the post office.

if 23 was the over/under on manning completions, those turfwar dudes are geniuses.even though they probably ripped it off from vegas.
ALL position questions are created by myself on Tuesday mornings. BTW, check out the RB PCQ in the late game - rushing yardage by Addai :thumbup:

in da money...unless they do an overnight re-calculation...8th in the ALL game = $150

1 more completed pass and I would have won $2000 and come in 2nd overall...dems da breaks :confused:

if 23 was the over/under on manning completions, those turfwar dudes are geniuses.even though they probably ripped it off from vegas.
ALL position questions are created by myself on Tuesday mornings. BTW, check out the RB PCQ in the late game - rushing yardage by Addai :excited:
I missed that... Nice work... You could do props bets in Vegas. You had two spot on...

First weekend trying this game and I must say I really like it. Won some more free games but when those run out I can certainly see pumping some money in this thing. Great Product.I'm at 198 with Dallas Clark and YES YES for the questions so19830 - good game for Dallas21 - Peyton question13 - Dallas question262A man can dream can't he?
Close...damn :excited:

One thing that is really starting to get to me in this contest is that there were a lot of guys who's players weren't updated again. I'm passed by in both sub-leagues by guys who didn't have players in tonights game. They really need to work on this along with the user interface and the instructions for new players. They have an addictive idea, but it will get tainted quick if guys have to deal with bugs every week.

hey Turf,

after each week, can you guys put up something like the best possible lineup for the early/afternoon/evening games? IE - what would have been the highest score possible, and what players would have accomplished that? it would be fun to see the "shoulduv" lineup, and it might help me get a better grasp of how the scoring system plays out - especially for defenses!

BTW I think that the one pass that Peyton didn't throw might have cost me $7000.00 so I'm driving up there to break his laser rocket arm.

One thing that is really starting to get to me in this contest is that there were a lot of guys who's players weren't updated again. I'm passed by in both sub-leagues by guys who didn't have players in tonights game. They really need to work on this along with the user interface and the instructions for new players. They have an addictive idea, but it will get tainted quick if guys have to deal with bugs every week.
Chris,We had no bugs whatsoever on our end. I would bet that the players who passed you in your subleagues did so because of their answers in the position challenge questions. You can see their rosters and their answers to position challenge questions just by clicking on their names. Once in their roster you can click on the arrow in the position challenge question bar and see their answers.You are correct on the new player instruction and we are working on that as we speak.

hey Turf,after each week, can you guys put up something like the best possible lineup for the early/afternoon/evening games? IE - what would have been the highest score possible, and what players would have accomplished that? it would be fun to see the "shoulduv" lineup, and it might help me get a better grasp of how the scoring system plays out - especially for defenses!
We're working on that as well. The scoring system is laid out in great detail in the scoring section on the "Scoring & Prizes" link on the home page. Hopefully that helps.

Some other thoughts on a potential update for Turfwar:

I really liked the question about completions for Manning. It is 'fantasy related' but not a stat I would normally care about... I liked that.

Along that line, you could do some fun PCQs that really 'speak to' FF players.... show a little 'personality', and have them apply to the exact stuff they are battling with in their regular Fantasy leagues:

Will more than one QB throw at least 5 passes for the Cardinals?

Will Jerious Norwood have more than 7 carries?

Will Adrian Peterson have more carries than Chester Taylor??!!!!

Will Kitna get sacked less than 3 times?

Will the Packers get more than 50 yards rushing?

Will the Lions run the ball more than 15 times?

Will Tarvaris Jackson have more completions than Tom Brady has TD passes? (this week, the answer would have been NO!)

Will there be at least three offensive TDs in the 49ers/Saints game?

Will Lee Evans have more than three catches?

Will more than six Patriots catch a pass from Tom Brady?

This could be fun...

Did that last catch make Clarks answer a yes, or did he have it before that catch?

I am just in from the bar, and dropped from 5th to 28th....

But I won 4 more credits for next week!

NEVERMIND...I think that la5t pass the Clark cost me a top 10

Chris,We had no bugs whatsoever on our end. I would bet that the players who passed you in your subleagues did so because of their answers in the position challenge questions. You can see their rosters and their answers to position challenge questions just by clicking on their names. Once in their roster you can click on the arrow in the position challenge question bar and see their answers.You are correct on the new player instruction and we are working on that as we speak.
Turf, sorry but yes you did have bugs.I know you have a private vendor that you get stats from, but don't let them tell you that everything is ok just yet. I looked at the last place guy in one of my sub leagues just yesterday and he had 76 points with about the same roster I had. He had 3 or 4 guys that didn't have the scores posted that I did though. I'm not saying that anything is unfair. After all, points are points no matter when they get updated, but I'm an analytical type and would prefer to know my chances before the end. I like the contest and will continue to participate, but I don't want to have to add somebody else's points up myself just to see if he is a threat. I know you don't want to hear that all the stats aren't updated in real time but they aren't yet. Next week I will take screen shots so if you don't believe me I'll have something to show you, unless it's corrected by then of course.For anybody else considering playing this game, I still recommend it highly. It's simple enough to learn quickly, but complex enough to keep you coming back. They'll work out the interface in time, but they are confident enough to give you a free tryout and you can actually win the chance to play again for free fairly easily. Add to that that Turf Warrior seems to be a stand up guy and how can you go wrong? You really should try it if you haven't yet. It takes less then 10 minutes to set your roster, but if that is all the time you take, we will kill you. Do you want a free chance at $5000.00 dollars? Then at least sign up. You can't win if you don't play after all, and as far as I know Dodds and Bryant aren't out there winning all our free money yet.

Turf, sorry but yes you did have bugs.I know you have a private vendor that you get stats from, but don't let them tell you that everything is ok just yet. I looked at the last place guy in one of my sub leagues just yesterday and he had 76 points with about the same roster I had. He had 3 or 4 guys that didn't have the scores posted that I did though. I'm not saying that anything is unfair. After all, points are points no matter when they get updated, but I'm an analytical type and would prefer to know my chances before the end. I like the contest and will continue to participate, but I don't want to have to add somebody else's points up myself just to see if he is a threat. I know you don't want to hear that all the stats aren't updated in real time but they aren't yet. Next week I will take screen shots so if you don't believe me I'll have something to show you, unless it's corrected by then of course.For anybody else considering playing this game, I still recommend it highly. It's simple enough to learn quickly, but complex enough to keep you coming back. They'll work out the interface in time, but they are confident enough to give you a free tryout and you can actually win the chance to play again for free fairly easily. Add to that that Turf Warrior seems to be a stand up guy and how can you go wrong? You really should try it if you haven't yet. It takes less then 10 minutes to set your roster, but if that is all the time you take, we will kill you. Do you want a free chance at $5000.00 dollars? Then at least sign up. You can't win if you don't play after all, and as far as I know Dodds and Bryant aren't out there winning all our free money yet.
Chris, the rosters in question in the EARLY contest had either MN and/or DAL players in their lineups. Here is what happened; the NFL had originally had that game scheduled as a 1 ET start and at some point rescheduled it for later in the day. Our data provider had not made the change by the time we launched our contest Tuesday evening. We recognized the problem within a few hours but several players had already created rosters with members of the Cowboys and/or the Vikings. We emailed everyone immediately to alert them of the situation and to remind them that they would need to adjust their rosters prior to game time Sunday. Evidently some of our members did not receive that email.We will be contacting each of those players Tuesday morning and crediting their accounts for each misplayed roster in the EARLY contest.As always, we'll address these issues openly, honestly, and quickly to make sure that everyone is treated fairly.

And thanks for the recommendation - we're working hard on new features (that we'll announce shortly) and to make sure that our performance continues to improve each and every week.

Turf, I was in the All games league.

I saw the earlier problem but I don't think it was related. Don't quote me on this, but I think it was the 4 o'clock games that weren't updated and I don't think there were Vikings or Cowboys involved.

Hey Turf,

I love your game, and have emailed the site to all in my football and hockey pools.

Just wondering when credits won get added to your account? I won a subleague, but the crdits are not there yet....

This could be the crack cocaine of Fantasy football....

Keep up the great work, and thansk for the free chances to play!

Parm

Turf, sorry but yes you did have bugs.....For anybody else considering playing this game, I still recommend it highly.
:kicksrock:This game is great, and very addictive. I would recommend it to anyone. But the site is definitely slow and buggy (although it is better than it was a few weeks ago) and I would make site performance priority #1 before trying to add any new features or anything.

Hey Turf,I love your game, and have emailed the site to all in my football and hockey pools. Just wondering when credits won get added to your account? I won a subleague, but the crdits are not there yet....This could be the crack cocaine of Fantasy football....Keep up the great work, and thansk for the free chances to play!Parm
Same here - haven't been credited. I was lucky enough to be in FFAuthorities league. THis is a blast.

Same here - haven't been credited. I was lucky enough to be in FFAuthorities league. THis is a blast.
Sorry man. I just got extremely lucky this week with the #1 Overall and 3 subleague #1's. I couldn't believe it when Clark caught that TD. This game is an absolute blast and I hope that it continues to improve!

Sorry man. I just got extremely lucky this week with the #1 Overall and 3 subleague #1's. I couldn't believe it when Clark caught that TD. This game is an absolute blast and I hope that it continues to improve!
Dont be sorry - I wouldn't have been #2 if Clark didn't nab that!

When do you get credited? I won two sub-leagues also
IIRC, it said on the site credits go into your account sometime on Tuesdays
Yep. Assuming it goes as it has in the past, you'll get credited late Tuesday and the $$$ winners will receive an e-mail with instructions for claiming prizes.For a forum with 1,000 search function nazis, you people are asking a hell of a lot of the same questions that can be found a page or two back in this very thread.

When do you get credited? I won two sub-leagues also
IIRC, it said on the site credits go into your account sometime on Tuesdays
Yep. Assuming it goes as it has in the past, you'll get credited late Tuesday and the $$ winners will receive an e-mail with instructions for claiming prizes.For a forum with 1,000 search function nazis, you people are asking a hell of a lot of the same questions that can be found a page or two back in this very thread.
:popcorn: and it's usually fairly easy to find on the site under scoring, rules, etc.... for not just this one, but any legit contest

One thing I noticed while playing is that you have to refresh your page sometimes, because if you browse it sometimes REVERTS to stats at a different time. This is certainly not an easy thing to fix on the code end, but if you just hit F5 and refresh your browser it goes back to where it should be.

One thing I noticed while playing is that you have to refresh your page sometimes, because if you browse it sometimes REVERTS to stats at a different time. This is certainly not an easy thing to fix on the code end, but if you just hit F5 and refresh your browser it goes back to where it should be.
I think things like this are more of an issue per your computer. I see similar problems sometimes when I've got Sportsline's live scoring pulled up, where it doesn't show the actual LIVE stats, or just quits updating and you have to refresh your screen to wake it up. But I know it's just a glitch with my computer.

Just got back from vacation and wanted to post to say I received my week 4 winnings check in the mail last Friday. Thanks Turf!

* IMPORTANT SCORING CHANGE - DALLAS D *

As most of you know we routinely audit NFL game data on Tuesdays to insure that all scoring is reflected in our final results. This is the reason that Turf War results are not "official" until late Tuesday.

This week we discovered that a blocked FG that was returned for a TD by the Dallas defense had mistakenly been omitted from original league scoring data from Sunday's game. As part of our regular Tuesday routine we have rerun the scoring engine to reflect this change. As such some of the Overall Leaderboards have changed, as have several sub-league standings. Please check the site (www.turfwar.com) to review the effects of this change.

And just another reminder; Sub-League winners will see the winning credits added to their accounts typically by late Tuesday evening.

* IMPORTANT SCORING CHANGE - DALLAS D *As most of you know we routinely audit NFL game data on Tuesdays to insure that all scoring is reflected in our final results. This is the reason that Turf War results are not "official" until late Tuesday.This week we discovered that a blocked FG that was returned for a TD by the Dallas defense had mistakenly been omitted from original league scoring data from Sunday's game. As part of our regular Tuesday routine we have rerun the scoring engine to reflect this change. As such some of the Overall Leaderboards have changed, as have several sub-league standings. Please check the site (www.turfwar.com) to review the effects of this change.And just another reminder; Sub-League winners will see the winning credits added to their accounts typically by late Tuesday evening.
Dave's Pokes is very happy FFAuthority not so much

* IMPORTANT SCORING CHANGE - DALLAS D *As most of you know we routinely audit NFL game data on Tuesdays to insure that all scoring is reflected in our final results. This is the reason that Turf War results are not "official" until late Tuesday.This week we discovered that a blocked FG that was returned for a TD by the Dallas defense had mistakenly been omitted from original league scoring data from Sunday's game. As part of our regular Tuesday routine we have rerun the scoring engine to reflect this change. As such some of the Overall Leaderboards have changed, as have several sub-league standings. Please check the site (www.turfwar.com) to review the effects of this change.And just another reminder; Sub-League winners will see the winning credits added to their accounts typically by late Tuesday evening.
:goodposting: AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!Oh well, it's still the biggest single payday I have ever had. I'll just have to win it outright next week... :goodposting:Ryan

And week 8 roster setting?
Week 8 contests should be open by tomorrow morning at the latest. We have one challenge this week in that there is no Sunday night game.Since by law all of our contests must consist of "multiple real world events" we will be unable to host our NIGHT contest this week. Obviously without the Sunday night game all we would have is the Monday night game - hence not a "multiple" event. All 3 other contests (ALL, EARLY & LATE) will be unaffected.

And week 8 roster setting?
Week 8 contests should be open by tomorrow morning at the latest. We have one challenge this week in that there is no Sunday night game.Since by law all of our contests must consist of "multiple real world events" we will be unable to host our NIGHT contest this week. Obviously without the Sunday night game all we would have is the Monday night game - hence not a "multiple" event. All 3 other contests (ALL, EARLY & LATE) will be unaffected.
Ok i see, cool.

I may be crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy...

This has happened to me before in Fantasy leagues. A close game changes the score, causing one person to lose a close game. Most times, it doesn't cost you $3000 though. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread