Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Switching to a 50% cash portfolio

Juxtatarot

Update: After listening to some of you guys, I decided to stay put. Of course, I blame myself for going against my better judgement but (tongue in check) I say to those that convinced me wrongly: #### you.

You screwed up, you trusted us. Hey make the best of it! Maybe we can help.

Buy and hold sucks. It really does. I don't know why anyone would hold thru the crash in 2000-2002. We were just gonna get another leg down. This won't stop until the fundamentals change. America has to start selling stuff that the world buys. When a global event occurs that causes people around the world to start buying American in droves again, that's when you buy US equities and hold them. That is not in place and there is no reason to think it will occur anytime soon. Therefore, the market should just keep losing value. America is a sell right now.

Buy and hold sucks. It really does.

First of all, as much as you get slammed by other posters, I understand where you are coming from and appreciate your insight. I really do. Historically, however, most investors have benefited by a buy and hold strategy rather than the average active investor. I'm sure you know this. In your opinion, however, how low does the S&P 500 have to go before you think it's a good investment?

Buy and hold sucks. It really does.

First of all, as much as you get slammed by other posters, I understand where you are coming from and appreciate your insight. I really do. Historically, however, most investors have benefited by a buy and hold strategy rather than the average active investor. I'm sure you know this. In your opinion, however, how low does the S&P 500 have to go before you think it's a good investment?
Why do you want to be a bottom picker? The LT trend is now down. Why not just wait until it turns back up until you buy. Sure you won't get the absolute bottom, but you will avoid much of the risk.

Fact is NO ONE knows what the future brings.

There is a lot of risk investing right now. Why not spend this time to develop a plan for when you'll invest, and the reasons for investing at that moment in time, and assuming your plan is well thought out, stick to you decision made without emotion.

Archived