What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Philip Rivers, RET (6 Viewers)

Every game is the same with him. Starts out horrible in the first half. Puts up pts in the second. Unfortunately today he didnt have a huge 2nd half

Anyone still believe Rivers is better than Manning or Ben?
I think Eli has had a very good career, but maybe you should ask NY Giants fans. I'm guessing the answer of many of them might surprise you.

BTW...

2013 QB Ratings

Rodgers 108.0

Brees 106.5

Rivers 106.4

... did anyone finally decide how exactly "Terrible" was going to be defined?

The Giants ineptitude on offense prevented Rivers from having an even better day. He's been more than serviceable in FF terms, and certainly not terrible in real life.

The Giants ineptitude on offense prevented Rivers from having an even better day. He's been more than serviceable in FF terms, and certainly not terrible in real life.
^^^This - had the Giants put up even a little bit of a fight, Rivers could have done far more yesterday. As it was, he really didn't have to.

I fear that SD attempts to keep Manning off the field again and Rivers' numbers suffer as a result. Unless I'm mistaken, he didn't do much against them earlier in the year. Also, the fact that it's a Thursday night game doesn't help. I have to start him regardless, but I'm not confident he'll put up solid numbers.

Hes waiting for everyone to really start trusting him again so he can have one of his great multi turnover meltdown games when you need him most. He's not just terrible, hes pure evil
I may start him over luck this week. Cannot believe I am going to trust this guy to get me to the finals

Doesn't look terrible to me. Including only games started and finished...

Code:
Manning, Peyton DEN QB	13	 29.8 Foles, Nick PHI QB	7	 26.9 Brees, Drew NOS QB	13	 25.9 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB	7	 25.2 		Stafford, Matthew DET 	13	 23.5 Rivers, Philip SDC QB	13	 22.5 Newton, Cam CAR QB	13	 22.4 Luck, Andrew IND QB	13	 22.0 Cutler, Jay CHI QB	6	 21.8 		Romo, Tony DAL QB	12	 20.8 Wilson, Russell SEA QB	13	 20.8 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT	13	 20.8 Dalton, Andy CIN QB	13	 20.6 		Bradford, Sam STL QB	7	 19.9 Brady, Tom NEP QB	13	 19.8 Griffin III, Robert WAS	13	 19.8 Ryan, Matt ATL QB	13	 19.6 Smith, Alex KCC QB	13	 19.5 Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB	13	 19.2 		Kaepernick, Colin SFO 	13	 17.8 Palmer, Carson ARI QB	13	 17.7 Flacco, Joe BAL QB	13	 17.6 Manuel, E.J. BUF QB (R) 8	 16.3 Manning, Eli NYG QB	13	 15.9

Last edited by a moderator:
Having an excellent year. Been on my bench for some time. Might have to fire him back up for the playoffs. It's all about matchups and SD schedule looks good.

Who is rolling with Rivers against Denver on Thursday?

Who are you playing him over - Thinking about going with him over a Gronkless Brady.

Who are you playing him over - Thinking about going with him over a Gronkless Brady.
I'm playing him, but my QBBC got blown up (Rivers, Vick, Bradford) so that doesn't really count. McGloin + Campbell are my other (rather ugly) options.

Definitely over Brady, that Miami D is pretty good and it's a home game for the phins.

Thursday Night in fair conditions, would expect to see another shootout.

Outside of RG3 & Jax, Rivers had the worst game against Denver defense compared to any other QB...

Their game-plan was small ball, running, controlling the clock - The net result was a 28-20 loss. That was a home game with normal preparation - Since it was a close game and Denver never ran away with it, I can see SD having a similar game-plan in Denver. The last thing on Earth anyone needs that starts a QB is a repeat of the 218/1 performance.

small ball didn't work then and it won't work on thursday. one thing you can count on between division rivals is the gameplan will not be a carbon copy inside the same season. at home, they were able to dictate some of that momentum and disrupt the broncos gameplan. on the road in denver, if they get behind early, you'll definitely see rivers air it out some. throw away the film of the first meeting, this will be different.

think it's a with changes for this gameOu they need totside of RG3 & Jax, Rivers had the worst game against Denver defense compared to any other QB...

Their game-plan was small ball, running, controlling the clock - The net result was a 28-20 loss. That was a home game with normal preparation - Since it was a close game and Denver never ran away with it, I can see SD having a similar game-plan in Denver. The last thing on Earth anyone needs that starts a QB is a repeat of the 218/1 performance.
Well that game plan did not work don't you think that they would change it? They really need to win this game. I have a tough choice between luck and rivers

For me, it's Rivers @ Den or Romo vs GB or Foles @ Min. Tough call.
Same for me - Right now leaning towards Rivers, though I believe its a coin toss.
My choice will be Romo or Rivers. Went Rivers this week and will be watching Romo tonight with interest. I have zero trust in the Dallas brain trust. Too much dink & dunk, not enough production. It's hard for me to overcome my anti-Thursday game bias, however

think it's a with changes for this gameOu they need totside of RG3 & Jax, Rivers had the worst game against Denver defense compared to any other QB...

Well that game plan did not work don't you think that they would change it? They really need to win this game. I have a tough choice between luck and rivers
It was close though, they only lost by one possession, so I am a little worried they go back with it. Honestly, they aren't dumb enough to let Rivers gunsling against Manning, are they?

It was close though, they only lost by one possession, so I am a little worried they go back with it. Honestly, they aren't dumb enough to let Rivers gunsling against Manning, are they?
If I remember correctly everything was working for sd at the beginning of the first game including getting the denver offense off the field. I doubt that happens again. When sd falls behind by three scores I doubt they go run heavy. Only way to beat this Denver team is to outscore them and try to match td for td. Denver scores 35+ with ease...I think they are playing better now than when they first met and that game was in sd. As I write this I have convinced myself sd is going to lose by 21+

Rivers should throw for at least 300+ and 2-3 TD's on Thursday. Could easily have a 400/4 type day with trying to keep up with Peyton. I'm rolling with him, but to be fair my backup is Alex Smith.

fantasycurse42 said:

Think I'm going w/ Foles @ MN in the dome vs. the short week @ DEN.

Mccown making it harder and harder to start rivers. Hopefully we got some clarification about cutler before Thursday game

Users who are viewing this thread