What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Running Back Blues (1 Viewer)

mbuehner

Footballguy
Top 20 RB Consensus ADP vs PPG rank weeks 1-4

1 LaDainian Tomlinson -6

2 Steven Jackson -21 INJURED

3 Larry Johnson -24

4 Frank Gore -11

5 Shaun Alexander -12

6 Joseph Addai +3 INJURED?

7 Brian Westbrook +6 INJURED

8 Willie Parker -8

9 Rudi Johnson -11 INJURED

10 Reggie Bush -16

11 Travis Henry +1 INJURED

12 Laurence Maroney -17 INJURED

13 Willis McGahee +2

14 Maurice Jones-Drew -34

15 Ronnie Brown +13

16 Edgerrin James +7

17 Cedric Benson -11

18 Clinton Portis +10 INJURED

19 Thomas Jones -16

20 Brandon Jacobs -47 INJURED

Yikes. The only silver lining is that almost everyone is hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top 20 RB Consensus ADP vs PPG rank weeks 1-4

1 LaDainian Tomlinson -6

2 Steven Jackson -21 INJURED

3 Larry Johnson -24

4 Frank Gore -11

5 Shaun Alexander -12

6 Joseph Addai +3 INJURED?

7 Brian Westbrook +6 INJURED

8 Willie Parker -8

9 Rudi Johnson -11 INJURED

10 Reggie Bush -16

11 Travis Henry +1 INJURED

12 Laurence Maroney -17 INJURED

13 Willis McGahee +2

14 Maurice Jones-Drew -34

15 Ronnie Brown +13

16 Edgerrin James +7

17 Cedric Benson -11

18 Clinton Portis +10 INJURED

19 Thomas Jones -16

20 Brandon Jacobs -47 INJURED

Yikes. The only silver lining is that almost everyone is hurting.
The bolded should have been expected, and numerous posters here tried pointing it out.However, there are alot of surprises, obviously LT and SJax, but did anyone else expect Henry to be higher than that? Yes injuries have played a part, but this has been a weird year overall for RBs.

this post is CRAZY

Not to mention the best RB in the NFL right now is Ronnie f'n Brown.

So while LT has been slow to start, he's still outperformed anyone you might have realistically taken instead of him.

That is an underlying reason why I broke the bank to get him in my auction...he was no lock to be the #1 overall back again, but he was the safest bet to be a Top 5 back, with the least amount of system and durability questions. Look for him to work his way back up the chart as the season goes on. And look for Westbrook to miss another game or two.

So while LT has been slow to start, he's still outperformed anyone you might have realistically taken instead of him.

That is an underlying reason why I broke the bank to get him in my auction...he was no lock to be the #1 overall back again, but he was the safest bet to be a Top 5 back, with the least amount of system and durability questions. Look for him to work his way back up the chart as the season goes on. And look for Westbrook to miss another game or two.
this is a point that goes by many of the "I drafted ____ at position # whatever and he is not perfroming to that #" posts. Draft position is not just a bet that a certain player will perform to a level, but a mix of expected performance and the liklihood that said player gets to that expectation.

Whats really amazing is that this mess doesnt seem to benefit ANYONE (aside from a few miracle rosters i would think). The happy surprises have gotten hurt. Whether you drafted early and got LT,SJX, or LJ, or late and took Rudy, Maroney, or Bush - you arent too happy. Even the middle drafters cant be too thrilled with the injury spectres. Unless you have Ronnie Brown or Peterson i cant imagine you are really excited by your RBs this season so far. VERY odd.

this is a point that goes by many of the "I drafted ____ at position # whatever and he is not perfroming to that #" posts. Draft position is not just a bet that a certain player will perform to a level, but a mix of expected performation and the liklihood that said player gets to that expectation.
:thumbup: Needed a dictionary to decipher, but :goodposting: anywho.

What were the numbers on Jordan before this weekend?

He had out performed his draft position until there were 38 seconds left in the second quarter in Sunday's game. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread