What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

new fantasy experience (1 Viewer)

CicncyKid

Footballguy
I think this would be so fun to play in a league like this: Combined college and NFL fantasy football league

You would start 1 QB, 2 / 3 RB, 2 / 5 WR, 0 / 3 TE, 3 / 4 DL, 2 / 4 LB, 3 / 5 DB, and 1 K

Offense would have a maximum 6 starters and defense would have a maximum of 11 starters. 18 players each week would start.

With the combination of college and NFL players you wouldn't find many if any rosters being the same so this concept could be expanded to create a super tournament type league. Kind of like the WCOFF.

I think with the right scoring setup this could be the ulimate fantasy football challenge / experience. Think about it you could have guys going almost every day. There would be a limitless supply of quality players to build a good team. You could alter the scoring for college versus NFL to have the standard 1 point for 10 yards in the NFL versus 1 point for 15 yards in college. The options are unending.

Anyone know how to create a good software program that could incorporate both college and NFL players, or put me in touch with someone that can do it?

JMO, but there's no way I could, or would, devote that kind of time to FF. The playerbase in college would staggering.

This seems like it would take a lot of planning. I'd have to make sure I timed things just right so I could avoid the run on Long Snappers. :)

Personally I wouldn't do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if there weren't hardcores who would.

-QG

I have always thought about this. It sounds like a blast to me. Man think of the research....it gets me excited to just thank about it! You would need some hard core fantasy nerds to make this competitive. I would be in for sure!

Last year we tried a league where you had to field an all defence team. 11 players it was fun. really hard and there was allot of adds and drops!

Just take the Hawaii QB every year in June Jones' run and shoot offense...
that is why you have different scoring systems for the NFL guys and college guys. The NFL goes 17 weeks (16 per team) and college is generally only 12 weeks. This would have to be worked out somehow.QB in NFL would get 1 point for every 30 yards passingQB in college would get 1 point for every 40 yards passingRB in NFL would get 1 point for every 10 yards rushingRB in college would get 1 point for every 15 yards rushingWR in NFL would get 1 point for every 10 yards receivingWR in college would get 1 point for every 15 yards receivingI think you could start the fantasy schedule in week 1 of the NFL season (which is week 2 of college) and go until week 12 of the NFL season. This would create a 12 game schedule. Weeks 1 -10 are the regular season with the top 4 making the playoffs in weeks 11 and 12. Weeks 13-17 in the NFL and the bowl games for college could be used to create an extra payout. Pick the NFL players you want to start over the 4 week period and you get each players best game. Pick the college players on your team that you think will have the best bowl game. The highest scoring teams wins %, 2nd gets %, etc.I think it could be done.

I'll take Graham Harrell. 3458 yards 32 TD and only 7 INTs. Through 8 games. The stats would be way to skewed. I do like leagues where you can claim the rights to a few college players. Those sound pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread