What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official OHIO STATE-MICHIGAN Thread*** (1 Viewer)

So what's the breakdown for the Rose Bowl? If Sparty beats PSU, and tOSU beats that team up north, the Bucks go due to the h-t-h win over Sparty? Or Sparty goes because it's been longer for them?
I think it would be MSU that would go. OSU could get an at-large bid but I don't think they deserve it.
Just read on foxsports that tOSU has to lose for MSU to go.
In order to reach Pasadena now, Michigan State would have to win the Big Ten outright. The only way to do that is if Ohio State loses one of its remaining games -- either this weekend at Illinois or Nov. 22 against Michigan.
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/team/michigan...ball/teamreport
Yea, I feel a little bad about it too. Even when Michigan is terrible it is finding a way to screw MSU over tomorrow.

The good news, if/when we lose, is that we can rightfully say that we've still never had an eight-loss season.
Those crickets you're hearing is the sound of nobody caring about Ohio State. Even on our worst year, we're still a story.
:goodposting: You really didn't get that joke did ya?

He was referring to Michigan, having a NINE loss season instead of eight.

HTH
I got the joke perfectly fine. It just wasn't anything even remotely in the same realm as the thing down the street from funny. But Michigan still gets press, while OSU gets jack.
I am not totally convinced on this one.

I got the joke perfectly fine. It just wasn't anything even remotely in the same realm as the thing down the street from funny. But Michigan still gets press, while OSU gets jack.
You do realize that Worst Season ever in School History publicity isn't good, right?
But Rodriguez doesn't have his own players, yet so cut him some slack. I am sure every other Michigan coach started off the same way. ;)
I won't make excuses for RichRod, but I do wonder where they would have been if Mallet had stayed. I suspect not 3-8, but that's pure speculation.
Or better yet, if Pryor was in AA.

Heard a stat today that first-year Michigan head coaches are 10-0-1 against Ohio State. I think that was the number I heard.

Take the points!!!!!11

While I'd be STUNNED to see UM beat OSU (heck, I'll be shocked if they lose by less than 2 TDs)... I do have to say that every player wearing maize and blue on that field will know that winning that single game would essentially erase their entire miserable season, and that makes them at least a 'little' dangerous.
I would be shocked as well, but not totally surprised either.. I've been around long enough to see that anything can happen in these games (and usually do). It never matters what the records are going into this game.
I've been talking myself into being nervous about this game since Saturday. While Ohio State should win, I can think of five good reasons Michigan could pull this one out.
Chad Henne has graduated.
OSU will be scoreboard-watching. They know a Penn State loss could send them to the Rose Bowl, so it's inevitable that some of their focus will be on Michigan State, not Michigan. Teams in this situation generally do not fare well.
No one on this team has ever lost to Michigan.* Even the fifth-year seniors have not seen a loss during their tenure. This, combined with the previous item, could make it possible (if not likely) for an Ohio State team to somehow come in looking past Michigan. Yikes.
Chad Henne has graduated. Seriously, if you're trying to hold a three-point lead with two minutes to play, is there anyone you'd rather see lining up across from you? I think not.
Michigan has the talent to beat OSU, but their record doesn't show it. Sure, their quarterbacks are the suck, and Rodriguez has them playing a system they're not really suited for... but still, they ain't The Citadel. They're the ### #### Michigan Wolverines.
So, our hopes rest of the fact that we have Sheridan and not Henne? Uh oh.

Why do I have images of last year's game in my head?

I'm seeing an ugly 17-3 Buckeye win with Beanie possibly eclipsing last year's numbers, if you're not a fan of either team do yourself a favor and don't watch.

Heard a stat today that first-year Michigan head coaches are 10-0-1 against Ohio State. I think that was the number I heard.Take the points!!!!!11
Googling, all I can find is that the last six coaches have won their first time out, with the last loss coming in 1929. So, they're at least 6-1. :lmao:

Why all the attention on this meaningless game when the Big 10 title will be decided in Happy Valley?

How's that taste? ;)

The good news, if/when we lose, is that we can rightfully say that we've still never had an eight-loss season.
Those crickets you're hearing is the sound of nobody caring about Ohio State. Even on our worst year, we're still a story.
:unsure: You really didn't get that joke did ya?

HTH
No no, it's ok, he's a Michigan Grad.

I always root for Michigan in this game and I will do so again tommorow. As a UCLA fan, I hate USC, and somehow Ohio State has always had that same arrogance that USC has. I don't like their head coach, either. There's just something annoying about that team.

My favorite game? I admit I don't watch this game every year. But I loved the game where Tim Biakbutuka (did I spell that right?) ran over the Buckeyes. I remember that was a huge upset, too.

I suppose the Buckeyes should win tommorow, but who knows? They're not really a team that scores enough points; if Michigan can stay close, I suppose anything's possible.

I always root for Michigan in this game and I will do so again tommorow. As a UCLA fan, I hate USC, and somehow Ohio State has always had that same arrogance that USC has. I don't like their head coach, either. There's just something annoying about that team.My favorite game? I admit I don't watch this game every year. But I loved the game where Tim Biakbutuka (did I spell that right?) ran over the Buckeyes. I remember that was a huge upset, too. I suppose the Buckeyes should win tommorow, but who knows? They're not really a team that scores enough points; if Michigan can stay close, I suppose anything's possible.
Oh come on, everyone loves Tressel!He's the cuddliest coach in D1.

I always root for Michigan in this game and I will do so again tommorow. As a UCLA fan, I hate USC, and somehow Ohio State has always had that same arrogance that USC has. I don't like their head coach, either. There's just something annoying about that team.My favorite game? I admit I don't watch this game every year. But I loved the game where Tim Biakbutuka (did I spell that right?) ran over the Buckeyes. I remember that was a huge upset, too. I suppose the Buckeyes should win tommorow, but who knows? They're not really a team that scores enough points; if Michigan can stay close, I suppose anything's possible.
Oh come on, everyone loves Tressel!He's the cuddliest coach in D1.
He's got a head like a ken doll (head like a ken doll)Go Jim Tressel, you can win them allHead like a ken doll (head like a ken doll)Go Jim Tressel, Goooooo!!!!

HAIL TO THE VICTORS! VALIANT!

HAIL TO THE CONQUERING HEROES!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE LEADERS AND BEST!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!
:pickle: Your mojo worked for the UCLA game last night...might as well run it until it dies :yucky:
Hell yes. I better not sleep in tomorrow because this game will be over by halftime -- MI 56 OSU 3.
I certainly hope it works, because punching the Buckeyes in the mouth with an upset would take the bitter taste of this season away slightly. Will it happen? I doubt it, but I didn't think Michigan would beat Florida last New year's, so we'll see what happens. I do have to work during the game, so that's a bit of a bummer.
It really wouldn't. The year's been absolutely brutal no matter who their few wins come against.

:no: You really didn't get that joke did ya?

HTH
No no, it's ok, he's a Michigan Grad.
Not that it is relevant whatsoever, but is it even true?

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE LEADERS AND BEST!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

:no: Your mojo worked for the UCLA game last night...might as well run it until it dies :no:
Hell yes. I better not sleep in tomorrow because this game will be over by halftime -- MI 56 OSU 3.
I certainly hope it works, because punching the Buckeyes in the mouth with an upset would take the bitter taste of this season away slightly. Will it happen? I doubt it, but I didn't think Michigan would beat Florida last New year's, so we'll see what happens. I do have to work during the game, so that's a bit of a bummer.
It really wouldn't. The year's been absolutely brutal no matter who their few wins come against.
Hell no. I would definitely feel quite a bit better about the season.Even though I'm expecting an ### whooping, still excited for the game today.

Here are some potential reasons for UM optimism:

1) Pryor is awesome, but maybe he'll remember he is a freshman and start making some freshman mistakes

2) We don't have Henne :lmao:

3) Dumb luck

If anyone can come up with any others, please share them.

GO BLUE!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE LEADERS AND BEST!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

:pickle: Your mojo worked for the UCLA game last night...might as well run it until it dies :thumbup:
Hell no. I would definitely feel quite a bit better about the season.Even though I'm expecting an ### whooping, still excited for the game today.

Here are some potential reasons for UM optimism:

1) Pryor is awesome, but maybe he'll remember he is a freshman and start making some freshman mistakes

2) We don't have Henne :lmao:

3) Dumb luck

If anyone can come up with any others, please share them.

GO BLUE!
:rolleyes: :loco:

As you can see from the calendar, the game is coming up this weekend. I'm sure you are as excited for it as I am, as our cities are rivals and have been for quite some time. Your confidence in your team is high, but rest assured, you will suffer humiliation when the sports team from my area defeats the sports team from your area.On numerous occasions, you have expressed the conviction that your area's sports team will be victorious. I must admit that every time I hear you make this proclamation, I react with both laughter and disbelief. "Ha!" I say to myself with laughter. "What?!" I say to myself in disbelief. How could you believe that your sports team could beat my sports team? It is clear that yours is inferior in every way.When the sporting contest begins, the players on your team will be treated as though they are inconsequential. It will be remarkably easy for my team to accumulate more points than yours. There are many reasons for this, starting with the inferior physical attributes of the players representing your area. Strength, speed, and agility are just three of the qualities that the players on the team from your area lack. The players representing my area, on the other hand, have these traits in abundance.I would not be a bit surprised if the individuals on the team from your area were sexually attracted to members of their own gender. That is how ineffective they are on the field of battle.Underscoring your team's inferiority is its choice of colors. It is ludicrous to believe that your team's colors inspire either respect or fear. Instead, they appear to have been chosen by someone who is colorblind or, perhaps, bereft of sight altogether. The colors for my team, on the other hand, are aesthetically pleasing when placed in proximity to one another. They are a superior color combination in every way.While we are on the subject of aesthetics, let us compare the respective facilities in which our teams play. While my team's edifice is blessed with architectural splendor and the most modern of amenities, yours is a thoroughly unpleasant place in which to watch a sporting contest. I know of what I speak, for I once attended a game between our respective teams in your facility. Let's just say the experience left me wishing that my car was inoperable that day due to mechanical problems, rendering it impossible for me to get to your area to attend the game.If you need another reason why the sporting franchise representing my area is superior, look no further than the supporters for the two sides. Not only are the supporters of the team from my region more spirited, but they are also more intelligent and of finer breeding than you and the rest of your ilk. In addition, the female supporters of the team from my area possess more attractive countenances and figures than yours. Some of the women from my side that I have observed could make a living by posing for pictures for major men's magazines. The women who cheer for your team, I'm afraid, are far too unattractive to do so_One of the more pathetic aspects of the team from your area is the fact that only people in your immediate area possess an affinity for it. By means of contrast, the team from my area inspires loyalty and affection in individuals who live in many other geographic locations.To illustrate this point, let me tell a brief story: Recently, I was on vacation in an area of the country far away from my own, and I saw many individuals wearing items of clothing that bore the insignia of my team. I approached one such individual and asked him if he originated from my area. He said no, explaining that he simply liked the team from my area and had for many years. Interestingly enough, during this trip, I saw no clothing or other paraphernalia bearing the insignia of your team.Do you still doubt that the team from your area is inferior to the one from mine? Just look at our teams' respective histories. In the past, we have defeated you on any number of occasions. Granted, there were times when your team beat my team, but those were lucky flukes.The day of the game will soon be at hand. And no matter how hard you pray to a higher power or how many foam accoutrements you wear in support of the team from your area, your team will be defeated. We will win and you will lose. This is your fate.Prepare for humiliation. It shall be upon you at the designated hour.

HAIL TO THE VICTORS VALIANT!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE LEADERS AND BEST!

HAIL TO THE VICTORS VALIANT!

HAIL! HAIL! TO MICHIGAN!

THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WEST!!

Users who are viewing this thread