What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jason Witten going forward. (1 Viewer)

MechEng

Footballguy
This week the Cowboys used him to block and it was really effective. Will they continue to do this or was this because the NYG's have a great pass rush?

This week the Cowboys used him to block and it was really effective. Will they continue to do this or was this because the NYG's have a great pass rush?
It was situational this week. I'd expect him out on routes at home vs. Washington.

I'd have to ask this question, too. His number of targets has dropped quite a bit over the past two games.

A few years ago, Witten had his numbers decline sharply as significant injuries on the OL forced him to block a lot more. I don't see the same issues now - he just hasn't put up big numbers each and every week. Happens to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Giants like to use a very effective 4DE pass rushing set on obvious passing downs and therefore Witten was called upon to help block more often than usual.

Nothing to see here.

Users who are viewing this thread