What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Rookie Draft Picks (1 Viewer)

Could you guys add more RB's to the ones you are talking about here.Other than Wells, Moreno, Lucky, Ringer, Spiller, McCoy, Williams, murray, johnson and james davis.I just would like to hear about some other prospects.What about Mike Goodson? Any Juco's that are unreal talented? Incoming Freshman? RB's coming off of injuries?
:thumbup:

Could you guys add more RB's to the ones you are talking about here.Other than Wells, Moreno, Lucky, Ringer, Spiller, McCoy, Williams, murray, johnson and james davis.I just would like to hear about some other prospects.What about Mike Goodson? Any Juco's that are unreal talented? Incoming Freshman? RB's coming off of injuries?
It's early in the process and I really haven't taken the time to do my homework yet. The time when I typically look at high school players is before my college dynasty league draft, which doesn't take place until the Summer. I know I was pretty high on incoming Colorado RB Darrell Scott. He can be an immediate impact freshman and he already has an NFL type frame. I haven't seen a ton of Goodson. My memory of him is that he's skilled, but too thin for the NFL. You can add Noel Devine and Jahvid Best to that group. They're all talented, but they don't have the pro frame you look for. USC and LSU each have a number of backups with pro potential. Richard Murphy and Charles Scott at LSU. Just about everyone at USC (Broderick Green, Allen Bradford, Marc Tyler, CJ Gable).We should know more after next season when the freshmen and sophomores start to assert themselves. Until then it will be difficult to predict which ones are NFL prospects.

It's early in the process and I really haven't taken the time to do my homework yet. The time when I typically look at high school players is before my college dynasty league draft, which doesn't take place until the Summer. I know I was pretty high on incoming Colorado RB Darrell Scott. He can be an immediate impact freshman and he already has an NFL type frame. I haven't seen a ton of Goodson. My memory of him is that he's skilled, but too thin for the NFL. You can add Noel Devine and Jahvid Best to that group. They're all talented, but they don't have the pro frame you look for. USC and LSU each have a number of backups with pro potential. Richard Murphy and Charles Scott at LSU. Just about everyone at USC (Broderick Green, Allen Bradford, Marc Tyler, CJ Gable).We should know more after next season when the freshmen and sophomores start to assert themselves. Until then it will be difficult to predict which ones are NFL prospects.
Both Greg Cooper and Jarvis James of Mia should be mentioned. LaGarette Blount of Oregon as well. Noel Devine will get a lot of pub next year as he posts monster stats in that WVU offense. I think he needs to bulk up a great deal ala MJD to really catch much praise from NFL scouts however. A name that I'm a bit surprised someone has not mentioned is PJ Hill, Wisconsin. A guy that I really like as a deep sleeper is Arian Foster, Tennessee.

Could you guys add more RB's to the ones you are talking about here.

Other than Wells, Moreno, Lucky, Ringer, Spiller, McCoy, Williams, murray, johnson and james davis.

I just would like to hear about some other prospects.

What about Mike Goodson? Any Juco's that are unreal talented? Incoming Freshman? RB's coming off of injuries?
It's early in the process and I really haven't taken the time to do my homework yet. The time when I typically look at high school players is before my college dynasty league draft, which doesn't take place until the Summer. I know I was pretty high on incoming Colorado RB Darrell Scott. He can be an immediate impact freshman and he already has an NFL type frame. I haven't seen a ton of Goodson. My memory of him is that he's skilled, but too thin for the NFL. You can add Noel Devine and Jahvid Best to that group. They're all talented, but they don't have the pro frame you look for.

USC and LSU each have a number of backups with pro potential. Richard Murphy and Charles Scott at LSU. Just about everyone at USC (Broderick Green, Allen Bradford, Marc Tyler, CJ Gable).

We should know more after next season when the freshmen and sophomores start to assert themselves. Until then it will be difficult to predict which ones are NFL prospects.
Both Greg Cooper and Jarvis James of Mia should be mentioned. LaGarette Blount of Oregon as well. Noel Devine will get a lot of pub next year as he posts monster stats in that WVU offense. I think he needs to bulk up a great deal ala MJD to really catch much praise from NFL scouts however. A name that I'm a bit surprised someone has not mentioned is PJ Hill, Wisconsin. A guy that I really like as a deep sleeper is Arian Foster, Tennessee.
All these guys have definitely been mentioned in this thread at some point. All the names mentioned are definitely solidly in that second tier of backs after the guys mentioned, except Devine.Guy is tiny and does not have the frame to bulk up like MJD, or even LT for that matter.

Check out this thread for a large list of names

Here's my top 12:

1. Chris Wells RB OSU

2. Stafon Johnson RB USC- Think Adrian Peterson/Jonathan Stewart

3. Joe McKnight RB USC- Think Reggie Bush

4. DeMarco Murray RB, OU

5. Michael Crabtree,WR, TT

6. CJ Spiller, RB Clemson

7. James Davis, RB, Clemson

8. Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA

9. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

10. Lesean McCoy, RB, Pitt

11. Tim Tebow, QB UFA

12. Percy Harvin, WR, UFA

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too early for me to make a top 12. Crabtree is my top player at the moment though.

I like Crabtree but its been much easier for me to find WRs in my leagues vs. RBs. This class is deep with RBs, the top 3 RBs are all better than the ones in this class maybe even murray as well.

Here's my top 12:1. Chris Wells RB OSU2. Stafon Johnson RB USC- Think Adrian Peterson/Jonathan Stewart3. Joe McKnight RB USC- Think Reggie Bush4. DeMarco Murray RB, OU5. Michael Crabtree,WR, TT6. CJ Spiller, RB Clemson7. James Davis, RB, Clemson8. Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA9. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland10. Lesean McCoy, RB, Pitt11. Tim Tebow, QB UFA12. Percy Harvin, WR, UFA
McKnight can't come out until '10 at the earliest. Besides the fact that right now he looks like a punk for being deemed ineligible due to his failures in the classroom.

Here's my top 12:1. Chris Wells RB OSU2. Stafon Johnson RB USC- Think Adrian Peterson/Jonathan Stewart3. Joe McKnight RB USC- Think Reggie Bush4. DeMarco Murray RB, OU5. Michael Crabtree,WR, TT6. CJ Spiller, RB Clemson7. James Davis, RB, Clemson8. Knowshon Moreno, RB, UGA9. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland10. Lesean McCoy, RB, Pitt11. Tim Tebow, QB UFA12. Percy Harvin, WR, UFA
Right now, I'd have to say...1. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia**2. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State*3. LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh**4. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech**5. DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma**6. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson*7. Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland*8. James Davis, RB, Clemson9. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU*10. Javon Ringer, RB, Michigan State11. Mike Goodson, RB, Texas A&M*12. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC*Bubble: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida*Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia*Marlon Lucky, RB, NebraskaP.J. Hill, RB, Wisconsin*Arian Foster, RB, TennesseeBrian Robiskie, WR, Ohio StateDemetrius Byrd, WR, LSUPercy Harvin, WR, Florida*Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri**Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson* = Junior** = 3rd year Sophomore

Tebow is a Junior too.
That he is. Just hadn't gotten all my asterisks in there yet. Should be fixed now.The fact that only two Seniors are in my top 12 right now supports the phenomena that the more we see of these players, the more we negative our opinion becomes. Obviously with the exodus of underclassmen talent at RB and WR in this past year, the Senior class leaves alot to be desired. FWIW, I had James Davis solidly in my top 12 (top 6, even) 2008 prospects for all of last year. Javon Ringer does not have the bulk of a feature NFL 'back but has NFL RB quicks and is a strong pound-for-pound 'back.

BB3's Developmental Draft: 1. Chris Wells2. Knowshon Moreno3. Michael Crabtree4. Lesean McCoy5. Demarco Murray6. CJ Spiller7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland8. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC9. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU10. Javon Ringer RB MSU11. Jeremy Maclin - WR Missouri12. Jarett Dillard - WR Rice13. Lagarette Blount, RB Oregon14. Tim Tebow, QB Florida
What kind of idiot would draft Tebow?
At all? or high?I dont think its wise to draft him high because unless he makes huge strides in 2 yrs (again, he is not coming out) he will be a 'project.'

I like Crabtree but its been much easier for me to find WRs in my leagues vs. RBs. This class is deep with RBs, the top 3 RBs are all better than the ones in this class maybe even murray as well.
Are you saying you think the top three RBs in 2008 are better than all the ones in 2009 or vice versa?Edit: Sorry, looking back through the thread it looks like you love the RBs next year.

Are you saying you think the top three RBs in 2008 are better than all the ones in 2009 or vice versa?Edit: Sorry, looking back through the thread it looks like you love the RBs next year.
Its a pretty deep class of RBs I would say.

Godfather of Soul said:
BB3's Developmental Draft: 1. Chris Wells2. Knowshon Moreno3. Michael Crabtree4. Lesean McCoy5. Demarco Murray6. CJ Spiller7. Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland8. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC9. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU10. Javon Ringer RB MSU11. Jeremy Maclin - WR Missouri12. Jarett Dillard - WR Rice13. Lagarette Blount, RB Oregon14. Tim Tebow, QB Florida
What kind of idiot would draft Tebow?
At all? or high?I dont think its wise to draft him high because unless he makes huge strides in 2 yrs (again, he is not coming out) he will be a 'project.'
he was being sarcastic, as he drafted tebow, and we gave him flack about it. personally i would have went with stafford :pickle:

NorrisB said:
Erin Go Bragh said:
I thought this year was "The year of the RB"??? I hope you're right cause i've been picking up lots of 1sts for 09

NorrisB said:
Erin Go Bragh said:
I thought this year was "The year of the RB"??? I hope you're right cause i've been picking up lots of 1sts for 09
If anyone said that it would've been about this most recent crop of Rookie RBs. Most of them were Juniors, so maybe you heard "class of '09"?Mendenhall, Stewart and McFadden all look like better prospects than any RB potentially coming out in '09.Then again, it's early and nobody had Mendenhall quite so high at this time last year.

Then again, it's early and nobody had Mendenhall quite so high at this time last year.
Ditto Stewart. At this time last year he was on the radar, but not considered a first round lock.There's no sense looking too far down the road since things are going to change drastically during the college season.

EBF said:
aposulli said:
Then again, it's early and nobody had Mendenhall quite so high at this time last year.
Ditto Stewart. At this time last year he was on the radar, but not considered a first round lock.There's no sense looking too far down the road since things are going to change drastically during the college season.
Right, well Stewart was prominently on some people's radar. Many knew that his pedigree (a 5-star recruit) would lead him to be a better NFL prospect than his college stats would suggest at this time last year. His Junior season just solidified what most already thought he was capable of.Things will certainly change- I just hope my list is big enough that I'm not proven a total clown when a guy comes out of nowhere! :confused:That said- does anyone have any guesses as to who the next out-of-(relative)-obscurity RB to take a leap ala Mendenhall?A few guys I like are Jamelle Eugene (NC State), Anthony Dixon (Mississppi State), and Jonathan Dwyer (GA Tech).

That said- does anyone have any guesses as to who the next out-of-(relative)-obscurity RB to take a leap ala Mendenhall?
Obscurity is a relative term. Mendenhall was a big time prospect coming out of high school, so it's not like his rise was a complete shocker when you look back on it.Stafon Johnson has gotten some love now that I've hyped him a bit, but he's probably my early pick to rise up the draft boards. Not a lot of people are talking about him as a top 3 back in this draft, but I think he has that kind of potential. I'm not sure he'll be a 2009 guy though since he still has a lot of eligibility left. Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him and Wells in the same game this September. There will be a ton of NFL talent on the field that night between USC and Ohio State. Keiland Williams also fits the profile of a late riser. Major recruit with NFL type size and speed. He could move up the charts with a big season.

Great thread. Though there isn't much going on right now to warrant much more discussion, I thought those interested in the conversation here might enjoy this...

http://nfldraftguys.com/features/09_rb_preview.php

It's probably the case that most posters here have seen it, but those who haven't should enjoy it. Great stuff over there, I can't wait to watch these guys play.

In a PPR, who would your top 10 be as of right now?

Wells

Moreno

Crabtree

I can see an argument for any of these three going #1. I also think the next tier is quite the crapshoot.

Murray

McCoy

Keiland Williams

Heyward-Bey

Spiller

Stafon Johnson

In a PPR, who would your top 10 be as of right now?WellsMoreno CrabtreeI can see an argument for any of these three going #1. I also think the next tier is quite the crapshoot. MurrayMcCoyKeiland WilliamsHeyward-BeySpillerStafon Johnson
1) Crabtree2) Moreno3) Wells4) Murray5) McCoy6) Heyward-BeyThese are the top 6 as of right now. 2 distinct tiers, each tier could probably be shuffled around and wouldn't have much of a complaint from me. (can't see Heyward Bey being any higher than #6 right now though)

I like offdee's list, but I'd put McCoy and Heyward-Bey ahead of Murray.

McCoy is very good. He needs to bulk up though.

In a PPR, who would your top 10 be as of right now?WellsMoreno CrabtreeI can see an argument for any of these three going #1. I also think the next tier is quite the crapshoot. MurrayMcCoyKeiland WilliamsHeyward-BeySpillerStafon Johnson
By the end of the year, Murray and McCoy will be the best prospects on this list. Crabtree will be in tier 2 even in PPR. RBs are just too difficult to find in dynasty leagues.

By the end of the year, Murray and McCoy will be the best prospects on this list. Crabtree will be in tier 2 even in PPR. RBs are just too difficult to find in dynasty leagues.
Interesting viewpoint - going off a hunch or do you have anything to back it up? I think stud WRs are definitely worth a look, and from current viewpoints, that is Crabtree's potential.

Interesting viewpoint - going off a hunch or do you have anything to back it up. I think stud WRs are definitely worth a look, and from current viewpoints, that is Crabtree's potential.
Crabtree will not grade out as well as either Fitz or Johnson. Neither of those guys made it into tier one. At least not consistently. Not sure what you want as verification for my view on the RBs. I've watched all them play and simply think those 2 are the best. I like both Wells and Moreno a great deal as well. I think we are going to have 4 very strong RBs coming out next year, granted they all enter the draft.

Murray has the speed and the moves to play in the NFL, but bulk might be another story. I don't know if he projects as a starter at the pro level. He has a little bit of the McFadden/Norwood thing going on. We'll see how he stacks up at the combine.

I really don't see any RB in this class who would make me pass up Crabtree at 1.01 in a PPR. That doesn't mean Wells, Moreno, or McCoy won't ultimately be the 1.01 pick in most rookie drafts. It just means that I think it would be a reach to rank anyone else first as of this moment.

Murray has the speed and the moves to play in the NFL, but bulk might be another story. I don't know if he projects as a starter at the pro level. He has a little bit of the McFadden/Norwood thing going on. We'll see how he stacks up at the combine. I really don't see any RB in this class who would make me pass up Crabtree at 1.01 in a PPR. That doesn't mean Wells, Moreno, or McCoy won't ultimately be the 1.01 pick in most rookie drafts. It just means that I think it would be a reach to rank anyone else first as of this moment.
I'd say ranking Crabtee 1.01 is a reach as of this moment.

Murray has the speed and the moves to play in the NFL, but bulk might be another story. I don't know if he projects as a starter at the pro level. He has a little bit of the McFadden/Norwood thing going on. We'll see how he stacks up at the combine. I really don't see any RB in this class who would make me pass up Crabtree at 1.01 in a PPR. That doesn't mean Wells, Moreno, or McCoy won't ultimately be the 1.01 pick in most rookie drafts. It just means that I think it would be a reach to rank anyone else first as of this moment.
I looked hard at this RB class in preparation for my Backyard Brawl draft and I didn't see anyone that I was tempted to immediately classify as a special talent. There are some decent guys who will probably be first round picks, but no one who really compares to an elite prospect like Peterson or Bush. The most exciting talents were at the WR position. Crabtree is a stud and DHB has the potential to emerge as a top 5-10 pick. I think there will be more of a consensus about Crabtree 5-6 months from now. I'm actually surprised that he isn't getting a little more respect.

I looked hard at this RB class in preparation for my Backyard Brawl draft and I didn't see anyone that I was tempted to immediately classify as a special talent. There are some decent guys who will probably be first round picks, but no one who really compares to an elite prospect like Peterson or Bush. The most exciting talents were at the WR position. Crabtree is a stud and DHB has the potential to emerge as a top 5-10 pick. I think there will be more of a consensus about Crabtree 5-6 months from now. I'm actually surprised that he isn't getting a little more respect.
I like Crabtree just fine. He is not a Fitz or Johnson level prospect though. At least not as of present. I doubt he grades that way by seasons end too. Unless I see another Moss coming out I'm not taking a WR ahead of the tier 1 RBs. I think it's foolish for anyone to do so. I'd take any of Wells, Moreno, Murray or McCoy ahead of Crabtree as of today and I'm pretty sure I will by seasons end. I guess we'll see. Guys will have their stock go up and others will see theirs go down. Hell, some of these guys may not even come out at all.

Interesting that you'd say the things that you are saying about Crabtree considering you let him get by you in BBIII. I know you didn't have a pick until the 6th b/c of your trades, but I am curious how close you were to trading up, to grab him...

FYI for those that were wondering - I am not going to update the first post of this thread until the middle of the collegiate season unless aposulli wants his rankings updated or someone else wants to include their rankings in the first post.

Feel free to PM me.

Interesting that you'd say the things that you are saying about Crabtree considering you let him get by you in BBIII. I know you didn't have a pick until the 6th b/c of your trades, but I am curious how close you were to trading up, to grab him...
Not close. I already had a young team and didn't want to wait 2-3 years for him to make an impact. If he had fallen a little bit further I would've picked him though.

I'm curious what people see in James Davis?

From the Youtube highlight videos I've seen (I'll grant you, not the best barometers and concede this point) but he just comes off as slow in terms of football speed and seems to rarely break tackles, arm or otherwise (instead using angles to create separation).

Just from glancing at "highlights" of guys like Marshall Faulk, AD, and LT in college they all had the following: Game speed and tons of broken tackles in their highlight films.

I was far more impressed with CJ Spiller and Florida State's Antone Smith also looks to be a "sleeper" in terms of the NFL Draft.

Chris Wells looks to be the "stud" of this RB Class too IMO.

- James Davis Tribute

1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

2. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

3. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU

4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC

5. LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh

6. DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

8. Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

9. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

10. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

11. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

12. Marlon Lucky, RB, Nebraska

I find it hard to rank ANY WR ahead of (potential) top-end RBs, unless you are Calvin Johnson. My rankings are based on NFL projection, not college production.

1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State2. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia3. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC5. LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh6. DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma7. James Davis, RB, Clemson8. Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland9. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri10. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson11. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech12. Marlon Lucky, RB, Nebraska I find it hard to rank ANY WR ahead of (potential) top-end RBs, unless you are Calvin Johnson. My rankings are based on NFL projection, not college production.
I have the same basis. Here's my list of 2009 draft-eligible players (*=Juniors, **=Sophomores)1. RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia**2. WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech**3. RB Chris Wells, Ohio State*4. RB LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh**5. WR Darius Heyward-Bey, Maryland*6. RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma**7. WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri**8. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson*9. RB Keiland Williams, LSU*10. RB James Davis, ClemsonAs for QBs, the only ones I would consider are Matthew Stafford* (Georgia) and Tim Tebow* (Florida).For RBs, Stafon Johnson* (USC) is close. Arian Foster (Tennessee), Marlon Lucky (Nebraska), and Javon Ringer (Michigan State) are the top Seniors. Ben Tate* (Auburn), Javarris James* (Miami (FL)), Terry Grant** (Alabama), Mike Ford** (USF), P.J. Hill* (Wisconsin), Mike Goodson* (Texas A&M), and LeGarrette Blount* (Oregon) are the top underclassmen, but all have limited upside.For WRs, I would also consider Percy Harvin, although he does not have the bulk to be a dominant go-to-guy in the NFL. The rest of the 2009 class is a crapshoot at this point.

1. Chris Wells, RB, Ohio State

2. Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

3. Keiland Williams, RB, LSU

4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC

5. LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh

6. DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

8. Darius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

9. Jeremy Maclin, WR, Missouri

10. C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson

11. Michael Crabtree, WR, Texas Tech

12. Marlon Lucky, RB, Nebraska

I find it hard to rank ANY WR ahead of (potential) top-end RBs, unless you are Calvin Johnson. My rankings are based on NFL projection, not college production.
I have the same basis. Here's my list of 2009 draft-eligible players (*=Juniors, **=Sophomores)1. RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia**

2. WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech**

3. RB Chris Wells, Ohio State*

4. RB LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh**

5. WR Darius Heyward-Bey, Maryland*

6. RB DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma**

7. WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri**

8. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson*

9. RB Keiland Williams, LSU*

10. RB James Davis, Clemson

As for QBs, the only ones I would consider are Matthew Stafford* (Georgia) and Tim Tebow* (Florida).

For RBs, Stafon Johnson* (USC) is close. Arian Foster (Tennessee), Marlon Lucky (Nebraska), and Javon Ringer (Michigan State) are the top Seniors. Ben Tate* (Auburn), Javarris James* (Miami (FL)), Terry Grant** (Alabama), Mike Ford** (USF), P.J. Hill* (Wisconsin), Mike Goodson* (Texas A&M), and LeGarrette Blount* (Oregon) are the top underclassmen, but all have limited upside.

For WRs, I would also consider Percy Harvin, although he does not have the bulk to be a dominant go-to-guy in the NFL. The rest of the 2009 class is a crapshoot at this point.
Supposedly he's bulked up to 202 pounds. Here are some pics from another ff site

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c34/vcfe...vinpercy_11.jpg

http://gatorcountry.smugmug.com/photos/339525682_sAY9F-L.jpg

BB2 Developmental Draft (still in progress, draft eligible players only)

1. WCE - Chris Wells

2. Broncofan - Knowshon Moreno

3. WCE - Michael Crabtree

4. Team Legacy - Lesean McCoy

5. WCE - Demarco Murray

6. Gang Green - Keiland Williams

7. Broncofan - Stafon Johnson

8. Purple Cobras - CJ Spiller

9. ebolacolas - Darius Heyward-Bey

10. Go Team Go - Ben Tate

11. Broncofan - Jeremy Maclin

12. Gang Green - Marlon Lucky

13. Broncofan - Percy Harvin

14. Ebolacolas - on the clock...

When all is said and done, i think DeMarco Murray will be the consensus #1 in FF rookie drafts and he will have the most NFL success imo.

Last edited:
Crabtree will not grade out as well as either Fitz or Johnson. Neither of those guys made it into tier one. At least not consistently.
Really? Calvin was the consensus #2 overall pick last season, and a substantial portion of the population argued taking him #1 overall over Peterson. At the very, very least he was considered a better pick than Marshawn Lynch, the other "tier 1" RB.Edit: And Crabtree might not be viewed as a Calvin Johnson coming out, but Wells and Moreno won't be viewed as an Adrian Peterson, either.

Crabtree will not grade out as well as either Fitz or Johnson. Neither of those guys made it into tier one. At least not consistently.
Really? Calvin was the consensus #2 overall pick last season, and a substantial portion of the population argued taking him #1 overall over Peterson. At the very, very least he was considered a better pick than Marshawn Lynch, the other "tier 1" RB.
Calvin didn't go #2 in any of my drafts (3). He was behind both Peterson and Lynch (tier one) in every one.

Edit: And Crabtree might not be viewed as a Calvin Johnson coming out, but Wells and Moreno won't be viewed as an Adrian Peterson, either.
Regardless, Peterson wasn't the only one going ahead of Johnson. I would bet 3 of the top RBs will grade out as well as Lynch did.... Moreno, Wells, Murrary and McCoy.

I won't dispute that RBs will be picked ahead of Crabtree next year. Whether or not they should be is a different story.

I like McCoy and Moreno. At this point in time I couldn't justify taking either of those guys over Crabtree in a PPR dynasty. Same goes for Wells. Murray isn't even in the conversation yet IMO. We'll know more three months from now. College football is right around the corner.

Murray isn't even in the conversation yet IMO.
:confused: You didn't see any Oklahoma games last year? If you did then there would be no way you could say this.
He's all sizzle and no steak. The NFL is a grown man's game. Murray needs to gain weight if he wants to be a starter at the next level. He has talent. No question about that. I'm just inclined to view him in the Slaton/Charles/Norwood mold rather than the Lynch/Peterson/Jackson mold. We'll see how he does in 2009 and how he stacks up at the combine. Right now I don't think he's a first tier RB prospect for the 2009 class.

Murray isn't even in the conversation yet IMO.
:tinfoilhat: You didn't see any Oklahoma games last year? If you did then there would be no way you could say this.
He's all sizzle and no steak. The NFL is a grown man's game. Murray needs to gain weight if he wants to be a starter at the next level. He has talent. No question about that. I'm just inclined to view him in the Slaton/Charles/Norwood mold rather than the Lynch/Peterson/Jackson mold.

We'll see how he does in 2009 and how he stacks up at the combine. Right now I don't think he's a first tier RB prospect for the 2009 class.
20 year old kids usually gain weight. We've been through this. Murrary arrived at Oklahoma at about 182. He was up to 191 last year. The team is listing him at 205 this year. I doubt he is quite that big as teams tend to exaggerate these things, but still....

Users who are viewing this thread