What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Redskins safety Sean Taylor dies (1 Viewer)

Antelope

Footballguy
I heard from a friend who works at a Miami hospital that Sean Taylor was shot last night during an attempted home invasion. Apparently, he was shot in the groin and it is serious.

Sean Taylor ... who's home was he in?
Exactly. This wouldn't be the first time Sean Taylor pulled a gun on someone. For some reason I highly doubt there was a random robbery and it just happens to be this thug. Maybe he stole some of OJs junk and OJ came to get it?

Link

POSTED: 9:02 am EST November 26, 2007

UPDATED: 9:31 am EST November 26, 2007

PALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Authorities are investigating a burglary and shooting at the home of Sean Taylor, a former Washington Redkins football player.

It happened early Monday morning in the 18000 block off Old Cutler Road in Palmetto Bay.

Miami-Dade police confirmed that air rescue was dispatched to the scene. It wasn't immediately known who was injured.

Stay tuned to NBC 6 and refresh NBC6.net for the latest details.

Link

PALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Authorities are investigating a burglary and shooting at the home of Sean Taylor, a former Washington Redkins football player.

It happened early Monday morning in the 18000 block off Old Cutler Road in Palmetto Bay.

Miami-Dade police confirmed that air rescue was dispatched to the scene. It wasn't immediately known who was injured.

Haha.. they took out the part about Jason being his brother and instead said that he is a former Redskin... this is a great paper.

Link

Did they mean former "U" baller? :thumbup:

I heard from a friend who works at a Miami hospital that Sean Taylor was shot last night during an attempted home invasion. Apparently, he was shot in the groin and it is serious.
I wouldn't spread that around - that is a federal violation for your friend if it is true. HIPPA violation! Seriously though, its something they enforce on people and I've known people fired and sued for message board talk that was found in investigations, especially in high profile cases

Link

Former Redskins player? This smells pretty fishy so far.

Link

Well it's closer than what it said
Authorities are investigating a burglary and shooting at the home of Sean Taylor, brother of Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor.
They'll have it right by noon.

Washington played at Tampa though... did he make a trip to Miami after the game? Did he even play in the game?
The last I heard was that he was supposed to be out a couple weeks with a knee injury, but wasn't on IR so I imagine he made the trip to Tampa.

Link

Well it's closer than what it said
Authorities are investigating a burglary and shooting at the home of Sean Taylor, brother of Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor.
They'll have it right by noon.
Final Story:POSTED: 9:02 am EST November 26, 2007

UPDATED: 10:21 am EST November 26, 2007

UPDATED: 11:36 am EST November 26, 2007

UPDATED: 12:18 am EST November 26, 2007

PALMETTO BAY, Fla. -- Authorities are investigating a burglary and shooting at the home of Emilio Taylor, a former Gastington Redkins Pop Warner football player.

Stay tuned to NBC 6 and refresh NBC6.net for the latest details.[/

PFT-

POSTED 10:06 a.m. EST, November 26, 2007SEAN TAYLOR "FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE"Redskins safety Sean Taylor has been shot in Florida, a source with knowledge of the situation tells us. He is in critical condition at a Miami-area hospital and, per the source, is "fighting for his life". Taylor spent Sunday night in his Florida home with his girlfriend and infant daughter. A robbery occurred, and Taylor was shot in the leg by one of the invaders.The bullet severed his femoral artery. He currently is in surgery.Taylor, the fifth overall pick in the 2005 draft, was in Florida to get a second opinion on an injured knee.Our thoughts and prayers go out to Taylor, his family, and the Redskins organization, and we hope that Taylor will make a full recovery

Link

According to police, Miami-Dade patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. Monday that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police he heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a female in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found the victim, with a gunshot wound to the groin. He was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, police said. The shooting happened at 18050 Old Cutler Rd.

County property records list it as the address for Sean Taylor. It is a four-bath, four-bedroom house with a taxable value of $704,297.

PRESS RELEASEFor Immediate ReleaseNovember 26, 2007WASHINGTON REDSKINS STATEMENT ON SEAN TAYLORAshburn, VA - The Washington Redskins became aware of a situation this morning in which safety Sean Taylor was the victim of a shooting at his residence in Florida.The Miami Dade Police Department is currently investigating the situation.Taylor is currently undergoing treatment at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Florida.

Link

According to police, Miami-Dade patrol officers received a call about 1:45 a.m. Monday that a homeowner had been shot in the leg. The homeowners told police he heard intruders at the rear door of the house, trying to pry it open.

The male homeowner went to investigate and a female in the house then heard a shot. Paramedics responded and found the victim, with a gunshot wound to the groin. He was airlifted to the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, police said. The shooting happened at 18050 Old Cutler Rd.

County property records list it as the address for Sean Taylor. It is a four-bath, four-bedroom house with a taxable value of $704,297.
wow...I hope Sean pulls through. Crazy part is that his house was robbed on the one day during the season he was actually there.

Latest news...rotoworld

Profootballtalk.com reports that Sean Taylor is "fighting for his life" after being shot in a robbery at his Miami home.

NBC6 in Florida confirms that there was a shooting and robbery at Taylor's home. Taylor is reportedly in surgery after being shot in the leg. The bullet severed his femoral artery. Nov. 26 - 10:12 am et

Link

wow...I hope Sean pulls through. Crazy part is that his house was robbed on the one day during the season he was actually there.
That may or may not be coincidental.

Link

That may or may not be coincidental.
Good point

From someone on a Skins MB who may or may not be a doctor:

Here is the issue:The femoral artery is an extension of the external illiac artery which connects directly to the abdominal aorta.Severing this artery would cause a significant amount of blood loss that would cause BP and blood volume to drop immensely. Most likely his heart has already stopped and required resuscitation at some point, if the blood loss is as severe as the reports are stating. Additionally, transfusions are a given at this point as is major surgery to repair the arterial damage. Complications are of course infection, blood loss, extremely low BP and Heart Damage.This is a grim situation and I'm sure he is truly fighting for his life.

The femoral artery is a major blood vessel that is the primary supplier of blood to the legs. I recognize that his life may be in danger and that that's the overriding concern at the moment, but if that artery is permanently damaged, his career could be over.

Wonder why this isnt on ESPN News?
I was curious about that as well. I work for NBC Newschannel, and I just called in to find out if they had any details - they don't. But apparently the team confirmed the shooting according to the affiliate in Florida, but some places are waiting to confirm news of it until they get some details. Still seems odd. I mean, you don't want to end up with egg on your face due to an erroneous report, but then why not just say "there's a report out of NBC in Florida that Sean Taylor was shot". That way, if it turns out to be wrong or there's some misinformation, you can always put the blame on the initial report.ETA: It's up on the Breaking News now on ESPNews

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Hopefully it turns out okay.Taylor's past is going to be discussed a great deal in the next few days.
Considering he was at home with his girlfriend and baby, it shouldn't. Then again, media and idiots will need something to stir the pot.
That depends, there is a chance that it wasn't a random home invasion. It could very well be his past catching up to him. I'm not saying it was, but it's not to be ruled out immediately.

Wonder why this isnt on ESPN News?
I was curious about that as well. I work for NBC Newschannel, and I just called in to find out if they had any details - they don't. But apparently the team confirmed the shooting according to the affiliate in Florida, but some places are waiting to confirm news of it until they get some details. Still seems odd. I mean, you don't want to end up with egg on your face due to an erroneous report, but then why not just say "there's a report out of NBC in Florida that Sean Taylor was shot". That way, if it turns out to be wrong or there's some misinformation, you can always put the blame on the initial report.
They just put it up in the breaking news box.

Wow. Hopefully it turns out okay.Taylor's past is going to be discussed a great deal in the next few days.
Considering he was at home with his girlfriend and baby, it shouldn't. Then again, media and idiots will need something to stir the pot.
That depends, there is a chance that it wasn't a random home invasion. It could very well be his past catching up to him. I'm not saying it was, but it's not to be ruled out immediately.
Unfortunately, this is true.

Its True , he is in fact fighting for his life.

I wouldnt be suprised if it stems from the old beef he had with the thugs who tried to steel his atv's.

Now that this is up on ESPN and ESPNews, a lot of people are going to be flooding in here for info. At the risk of sounding like I'm on the soapbox, let's take any poor attempts at humor over to the FFA. You guys are smart enough to know what's cool and what's not, and let's try to not clutter this up with meaningless one-liners and garbage. If you're about to post something and have to think twice about whether it'll fly, that probably means it won't.

TIA

Now that this is up on ESPN and ESPNews, a lot of people are going to be flooding in here for info. At the risk of sounding like I'm on the soapbox, let's take any poor attempts at humor over to the FFA. You guys are smart enough to know what's cool and what's not, and let's try to not clutter this up with meaningless one-liners and garbage. If you're about to post something and have to think twice about whether it'll fly, that probably means it won't.TIA
What Mike said. Please be cool with this.J

Redskins' Sean Taylor shot at Miami-Dade home

MIAMI (WSVN) -- Sources say Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor is in extremely critical condition after someone shot him at his home early this morning.

Before dawn Monday, Taylor, a former University of Miami football player, was shot in the leg, but the bullet struck the femoral artery, and he has lost a lot of blood.

Circumstances surrounding the shooting haven't been released, but, the Redskins released a statement that said the 24-year-old Taylor was in surgery at Jackson Memorial Hospital and that Miami-Dade Police have begun an investigation.

The Washington safety missed his second straight game with a sprained right knee.

The shooting occurred at his home on Old Cutler Road in the southern part of Miami-Dade County.

Taylor is no stranger to trouble as he was involved in an incident when he was charged with assault and simple battery in July of 2005.

Man, the whole time I was reading about this ...I was thinking why did Sean Taylor break into someones house. Then I had to re-read that it was his house that was broken into. Maybe his past coming back on him?

Limp Ditka said:
War Eagle said:
lord_helmet said:
Bankerguy said:
lord_helmet said:
What goes around comes around
These are the type of posts we could use a lot less of around here.On behalf of all Cowboy fans we are hoping you pull through Sean and make a full recovery.
Why ?, I believe its true and I think I'm allowed to have my own opinion ? I don't wish him dead, but don't expect me to feel sorry for him either. You live by the sword you die by the sword, if you think thats cold and heartless try and join the Army for awhile
You live by the sword you die by the sword? He plays football and was shot by a robber with his family in the house. You sir are a moron!
Arrested for armed assaultEvents:On June 3, 2005, Taylor was named publicly as a "person of interest" by Miami-Dade County police in regard to a Miami assault case involving firearms, and was being sought for questioning. "We need to speak to him, we don't know if he's a victim, witness or suspect," Miami-Dade police spokesman Mary Walters said. Taylor allegedly was present at, and possibly involved in, an incident on June 1, 2005 in Miami, in which bullets allegedly were fired into a stolen vehicle. [citation needed] On June 5, 2005, ESPN and The Miami Herald both reported that Taylor, accompanied by his lawyer, surrendered to Miami-Dade police at approximately 10pm ET on June 4 at Miami's Cutler Ridge district police station, where he was transported to Miami's Turner Guilford Knight correctional facility. He was charged with aggravated assault with a firearm, a felony, and misdemeanor battery.[citation needed] On June 5, Miami-Dade police issued a statement indicating that Taylor had been arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm (a felony) and battery (a misdemeanor), for allegedly pointing a gun at a person over a dispute over two ATVs that Taylor claimed were stolen.[citation needed] Taylor then allegedly left the scene, but returned shortly and punched one person.[citation needed] The Associated Press reported on June 5 that Taylor was held in detention at Miami's Turner Gilford Knight correctional facility and released the evening of June 4 after posting bond of $16,500. The Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office announced that Taylor would soon be officially arraigned on the charges.[citation needed] The Washington Post reported on March 3, 2006 that Taylor's trial has been postponed until April 10, 2006. Days before that date, the trial was moved back once more, this time by a week, because of conflicts with Passover and Easter celebrations.[citation needed] CNN reported on November 26, 2007 that Taylor was shot in the leg at his home in Miami, Florida. [edit] Plea agreement and resolutionOn January 28, 2006, the Miami-Dade County prosecutor announced that he was filing new charges against Taylor, which would have increased his potential maximum jail time from 16 years to 46 years.[citation needed]The new charges include increasing his felony assault charges from one to three, which reflects the allegation that, on June 1, 2005, he brandished a firearm at three individuals who Taylor believed stole two all-terrain vehicles from him.[citation needed]The trial was again postponed on April 17, 2006 (to May 8, 2006), after the prosecutor in the case asked the presiding judge to be removed from the case. The County prosecutor's request for removal from the case came as Taylor's defense lawyers argued that the prosecutor was using the case to promote his side-work as a disc jockey in South Beach. Defense lawyers for Taylor have entered a motion for the case's complete dismissal, due to prosecutorial misconduct.[citation needed]On May 8, 2006, the prosecution requested and received yet another extension of the case, citing the new prosecutor assigned to the case and a need for additional preparation time. It was scheduled to begin July 10, 2006 in Miami. On June 2, 2006, however, the charges against Taylor were dropped as part of a negotiated plea bargain. Taylor will donate his time to various charities and make $1,000 donations to 10 southern Florida schools in scholarships and, in exchange, will avoid jail time and a felony record.[citation needed]
Maybe he learned his lesson down?My faith in people is at an all time low right now.

Users who are viewing this thread