Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Non-profit business

CicncyKid

Non-profit doesn't mean you get paid beans. I had a client and they were paying some people pretty extraordinary salaries just to make the books come up a net zero. I'd be more worried about their funding sources and future outlook.

A friend of mine started a non-profit straight out of college. Depends on what your idea is, but a major source of income will be finding sponsorship and being a good fundraiser. If you don't think you're the kind of person who will be able to fundraise, I would recommend working in the for-profit world.

A friend of mine started a non-profit straight out of college. Depends on what your idea is, but a major source of income will be finding sponsorship and being a good fundraiser. If you don't think you're the kind of person who will be able to fundraise, I would recommend working in the for-profit world.

This is very true. Development directors are the only people that make any money in the non-profit world.

I understand most of the work will be fund raising and getting my idea out there. I think the idea will sell itself and the money should be easy to raise. I was more worried about the fact that I thought non-profit meant you couldn't make earn a salary.

I understand most of the work will be fund raising and getting my idea out there. I think the idea will sell itself and the money should be easy to raise. I was more worried about the fact that I thought non-profit meant you couldn't make earn a salary.

You can definitely earn a decent salary but the IRS could scrutinize it as I believe it has to be disclosed on the annual tax return. I believe they will also require you to file some forms so that they can determine your entity is actually a non profit entity. It has been a few years since I dealt with helping a non profit get set up so I am going from memory. Good luck.

Tell us your idea.

Archived