Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

50k Contest - Contest over

OK so this is pretty amazing.

My wife and I have been talking about starting a small business for a while and have been going thru the steps to get it going. About a month ago Alissa sent me a message and said "We have to do this!". Intuit (the makers of Quickbooks and Quicken) was having a contest to encourage people to start small businesses. To enter you had to send in a 2 minute video pitching your idea for a startup business. The winner gets $50k to start up their business.

So we made one, along with 2000 others, and I promptly forgot about it. About 1 week ago my wife got the call that we made the final 20 - She called me at work and was very excited. Then today she just got the call that we made it to the final 5.

This is where we need help. The winner will be whoever gets the most votes.

Go to this site and vote for aderouch

http://jumpup.intuit.com/start/?p=finalistVideos

Non Flash Version

http://jumpup.intuit.com/start/?version=noflash#finalists

You are allowed to vote once per day so keep coming back and voting for us.

I figured I would ask the FFA for help!

Skippy (Noah)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skippy, you definitely got my initial vote. :moneybag:

But then I checked out the hot doggy-daycare chick and I'm considering changing my allegiance. She wears very tight t-shirts, for god's sake! How can you expect to compete with that?

That being said, the promise of a free meal or two to a fellow Columbus FBG might go a long way to a daily HomerVote. :moneybag:

BTW, on a totally unrelated matter, what are your plans for a liquor license? :coffee:

Good luck, voted for you. I thought you were in trouble when I saw Melodies have 3000 views, but you were beating him by 35 votes or so. Bump this tomorrow so I'll remember to vote again.

if it helps all my tshirts are tight too, but mostly around the gut.the views are kind of deceptive. they had the contest up for a while and we saw it at the last minute (day before the deadline). so he probably had submitted his early. views are not what matter though - just votes ;)

Good luck, voted for you. I thought you were in trouble when I saw Melodies have 3000 views, but you were beating him by 35 votes or so. Bump this tomorrow so I'll remember to vote again.

if it helps all my tshirts are tight too, but mostly around the gut.the views are kind of deceptive. they had the contest up for a while and we saw it at the last minute (day before the deadline). so he probably had submitted his early. views are not what matter though - just votes ;)
;):popcorn:

I think getting repeat voters is going to be the key. I just thought of this.

Send me a PM or post here that you would be willing to let me send you a reminder PM each morning. It would basically say this:

Just a reminder to vote for aderouch here:

http://jumpup.intuit.com/start/?p=finalistVideos

You can vote once per day.

Let me know if you want to not receive these reminders.

Thanks!

When does the voting end?

I'd figure there'd be some more voting going on than there is already. If I were in that contest, I'd be creating Yahoo mail accounts like nobody's business (even though they didn't require e-mail verification, they may disqualify votes for e-mails bouncing), logging in from as many PCs as I could (if they IP log).

Nice lead. Keep it up! Spam your entire family hard! Friends, too!

When does the voting end?I'd figure there'd be some more voting going on than there is already. If I were in that contest, I'd be creating Yahoo mail accounts like nobody's business (even though they didn't require e-mail verification, they may disqualify votes for e-mails bouncing), logging in from as many PCs as I could (if they IP log).Nice lead. Keep it up! Spam your entire family hard! Friends, too!

Voting runs thru the end of the month. It just opened last night and I started emailing everyone I knew.

Archived