What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mortgage Rates (2 Viewers)

Yeah, never happened before. First loan was in 2010 with Provident Funding. Refi in 2013 with same broker who again used Provident. Refi again in 2019 to a 15 again with same broker but they went with Quicken as it was a little better terms than Provident. Now Quicken sold to PHH.
Ugh... a broker sending loans to Quicken. Makes my stomach turn. 

Chad.... We closed back in April, I can't remember how long we had to wait to refi, but I started getting offers from my current holder (UWM) to refinance again.  Looks like 20 year rates have gone done since we refi'd... Not sure if it's too early to look at it again or not.  
Dude... I kid you not, I thought earlier today that I needed to touch base with you. My day got away with me today and my head hurts now but let's touch base tomorrow. 

Chad.... We closed back in April, I can't remember how long we had to wait to refi, but I started getting offers from my current holder (UWM) to refinance again.  Looks like 20 year rates have gone done since we refi'd... Not sure if it's too early to look at it again or not.  
United is marketing to you directly to refinance? If so, that's going to piss a lot of brokers off. 

United is marketing to you directly to refinance? If so, that's going to piss a lot of brokers off. 
Funny thing, when I tried to contact UWM to refi, they forwarded me back to my original broker. I didn't realize UWM was only available through a broker.

No, they don't. They don't even have a retail side. It is either A) Marketing from a third party that dresses it up to confuse people into thinking it is from their current lender or B) UWM is very active in getting business back to brokers. They will be doing much more advertising for www.findamortgagebroker.com for example. 

Funny thing, when I tried to contact UWM to refi, they forwarded me back to my original broker. I didn't realize UWM was only available through a broker.
It is one of the many reasons brokers love UWM and have grown them to the largest wholesale lender in the country.

Some lenders piss me off. 

Talked to a guy looking to do a VA IRRRL today. Through talking he tells me he has a 4.5% rate credit is 660. Based on that I assumed from that info he had the loan for a while... bad assumption. It was a decent assumption because a VA purchase at 4.5% has been a long time... well over the 210 days from first payment you need to wait in order to do a VA IRRRL. 

Further in the conversation I asked value and balance and found he had very minimal equity which is odd being a CA property, so I dig in more and find out he just bought the house and has two payments made.

4.5% rate on a VA purchase just a few months ago!!! How do those bastards sleep at night? I have no idea. Basically financially raped this veteran. 

Apparently I am not getting some DM's (a couple of FBG's have let me know).... so anyone who wants to reach out to me to do a loan or connect them with a broker, please email me at cmasters@marketplacemortgage.com 

If you have DM'ed me and I have not responded, then definitely email me. I have responded to all DM's I have had to date. 

Also.... if you did a loan with me... I am going to ask a favor.... I sent out a mass email but uploaded it by hand and don't trust myself to not have missed some people as well as I know that email sometimes gets overlooked but FBG never does! 

You may have done a review for me on Facebook, Google or Yelp. If you did- THANK YOU! But I need another one. If you didn't.... here is your chance! There is a website that helps people connect with mortgage brokers recently newly broken it down into the individual loan officers. This means instead of reaching out the my brokerage, potential clients could reach out directly to me. In order to help me stand out and gain more business, I need to get reviews into this site. If you could do me a big favor and write a review for me here and tell everyone why you think they should use me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. You can use the following link to complete the review. If you have any questions, please let me know.

https://findamortgagebroker.com/Profile/ChadMasters64483

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to do this! It really makes a difference to me.

UPDATE: I just found out from some other brokers that the reviews do not help much. So, if you are inclined to write a review, please do so on Google, where it actually does help. 

https://g.page/chad-masters--home-loans/review 

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also.... if you did a loan with me... I am going to ask a favor.... I sent out a mass email but uploaded it by hand and don't trust myself to not have missed some people as well as I know that email sometimes gets overlooked but FBG never does! 

You may have done a review for me on Facebook, Google or Yelp. If you did- THANK YOU! But I need another one. If you didn't.... here is your chance! There is a website that helps people connect with mortgage brokers recently newly broken it down into the individual loan officers. This means instead of reaching out the my brokerage, potential clients could reach out directly to me. In order to help me stand out and gain more business, I need to get reviews into this site. If you could do me a big favor and write a review for me here and tell everyone why you think they should use me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. You can use the following link to complete the review. If you have any questions, please let me know.

https://findamortgagebroker.com/Profile/ChadMasters64483

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for taking the time to do this! It really makes a difference to me.
Done. I think you’ll recognize my review  ;)

Thanks guys... it looks like it isn't all that important though. I was told that it ranked based on reviews but now I am finding out the rankings are not based on that at all. So... no worries, it sure doesn't hurt. LOL Thanks again

If inclined to write a review, please do so here: https://g.page/chad-masters--home-loans/review  

Google actually does take reviews into account. 

Done - whether it helps a lot or not, I'm happy to do it! By all means post a link that you can get to work  :P  and I'll do that review as well  :thumbup:

Done - whether it helps a lot or not, I'm happy to do it! By all means post a link that you can get to work  :P  and I'll do that review as well  :thumbup:
Aaaaaaand I just had a conversation about the with the Account Executive at UWM that is doing that site... it DOES help. It is the third factor involved but will certainly help. They are still working out the bugs but will start to do heavy advertising for it as they just went officially public today. So, THANK YOU.

Now for the Google... sonuva... maybe that is why I haven't been getting as many Google reviews as I would like. I will try to figure out what the issue is. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm looking to re-fi as well. Wife and I did early last year and I know you have to wait at least 6 months to do it again. Our current rate on a 30 year is 3.5% no points or PMI.  However, I'm seeing that rates for 30 year are mid 2s- lower 3s.  And 15 year are lower 2s.  Am I right on that?

I'm looking to re-fi a well. Wife and I did early last year and I know you have to wait at least 6 months to do it again. Our current rate on a 30 year is 3.5% no points or PMI.  However, I'm seeing that rates for 30 year are mid 2s- lower 3s.  And 15 year are lower 2s.  Am I right on that?
Well loans are most expensive than home loans. (Sorry, couldn't resist... when I first read it I was so damn confused being slow mentally.... "A well loan? Like where they get water from well? What?" And then it dawned on me... type missing the 's'... like I said, slow mentally)

There are a ton of factors to rates but yes, you are in the general understanding of where things are. 

As for the 6 months. I strongly encourage that when you previously dealt with a broker as brokers are financially hurt if the loan is paid off before. If there is an EPO (Early Pay Off) then the broker has to pay back the full amount of their commission which in the end means they not only did the loan for free but it cost them money to do it. If you did the previous loan with a bank or credit union, they generally do not hold the loan officer accountable for that and many times even encourage them to do them faster if they can for the fee income. Direct lenders are a hit and miss. I generally try to respect others in the industry if it is going to hurt them financially... unless they piss me off for some reason. Like the guy I mentioned above with the VA loan. I wish I could refi him now because if it hurt the previous lender it would just make me happy since they took advantage of him. (That rule is VA specific rule). Fee free to reach out to me and we can walk through your specific situation a bit. 

Well loans are most expensive than home loans. (Sorry, couldn't resist... when I first read it I was so damn confused being slow mentally.... "A well loan? Like where they get water from well? What?" And then it dawned on me... type missing the 's'... like I said, slow mentally)

There are a ton of factors to rates but yes, you are in the general understanding of where things are. 

As for the 6 months. I strongly encourage that when you previously dealt with a broker as brokers are financially hurt if the loan is paid off before. If there is an EPO (Early Pay Off) then the broker has to pay back the full amount of their commission which in the end means they not only did the loan for free but it cost them money to do it. If you did the previous loan with a bank or credit union, they generally do not hold the loan officer accountable for that and many times even encourage them to do them faster if they can for the fee income. Direct lenders are a hit and miss. I generally try to respect others in the industry if it is going to hurt them financially... unless they piss me off for some reason. Like the guy I mentioned above with the VA loan. I wish I could refi him now because if it hurt the previous lender it would just make me happy since they took advantage of him. (That rule is VA specific rule). Fee free to reach out to me and we can walk through your specific situation a bit. 
Damn "s" changes everything!  LoL

Wasn't in our plans but selling our dream home this summer and moving out of state due to work. Will buy another home in the next 2 to 3 years. Renting until then.

Why sell the dream home and move out of state? (if the reasons are shareable)
I work in private Healthcare and the field is collapsing. Took a government Healthcare job on a military base, so had to move to where the job was. The goal is to get back to Florida on a base there in a couple years and buy a home again. 

I work in private Healthcare and the field is collapsing. Took a government Healthcare job on a military base, so had to move to where the job was. The goal is to get back to Florida on a base there in a couple years and buy a home again. 
Healthcare is collapsing? How is that? 

Wahhhoooo! My Virginia license finally went through! 
Chad interested to get your thoughts on rates the next couple years.....can rates really rise significantly without crushing people at this point not to mention what it would do to our country’s debt/deficit? I know we’ve had a small pop since the election but hard see that continuing....but I know nothing. 

Healthcare is collapsing? How is that? 
Massive cuts in my field about a year and a half go.  Six months later, Covid hit. The entire field is corporate run now. Physical therapy was once a stable and constantly growing field. Now, there are very few jobs and most of what you get to do is a waste of time. I could go on for days about what's happening in the medical field right now. Total disaster. 

Chad interested to get your thoughts on rates the next couple years.....can rates really rise significantly without crushing people at this point not to mention what it would do to our country’s debt/deficit? I know we’ve had a small pop since the election but hard see that continuing....but I know nothing. 
Hard to tell... I have a hard enough time figuring out what rates will do tomorrow let along a longer forecast but the general consensus is for this year and into the next is a steady rising interest rate. 

Outside conditions always can change things. Overall, there isn't a lot of room to go down (though I have said that before) and plenty of room to go up. 

Economy and inflation are always the biggest factors, so of there are big swings with either unexpectedly then rates will jump. Also, when the Fed stops buying, then rates will go up but that will happen just based in an announcement let alone actually stop buyijg bonds. 

@Chadstroma  getting a 404 error on the google links above, to leave a review for you.  Left one review, where I could  

And my in-laws in HI are looking into a refi.  Know anyone?  And can they send you their docs, in case they go with someone else?

thanks dude. 

@Chadstroma  getting a 404 error on the google links above, to leave a review for you.  Left one review, where I could  

And my in-laws in HI are looking into a refi.  Know anyone?  And can they send you their docs, in case they go with someone else?

thanks dude. 
Yea, I know someone or know of someone in all 50 and even PR. 

Yea, sure, no problem. It doesn't take me long to look over a locked Loan Estimate to make sure it is in-line and not screwing someone over. 

thanks dude. 
Can you try Googling Chad Masters Home Loans and see if that works. The Google business page isn't working on my phone and when I try logging in online it looks like it is having me set up a new one. ARGH!

Never heard of them. 
I got the same letter the other day - I refi'd with Quicken last year and now the loan is being transferred to PHH Mortgage Services.  Dumb question, but other than making my monthly payments on a different website, is there any reason I should really care about this?

I got the same letter the other day - I refi'd with Quicken last year and now the loan is being transferred to PHH Mortgage Services.  Dumb question, but other than making my monthly payments on a different website, is there any reason I should really care about this?
PHH is known. 

No, no reason to care. 

But if you refinanced with Red Rocket last year you are due to talk to someone good and look at your refi options. 

Some lenders piss me off. 

Talked to a guy looking to do a VA IRRRL today. Through talking he tells me he has a 4.5% rate credit is 660. Based on that I assumed from that info he had the loan for a while... bad assumption. It was a decent assumption because a VA purchase at 4.5% has been a long time... well over the 210 days from first payment you need to wait in order to do a VA IRRRL. 

Further in the conversation I asked value and balance and found he had very minimal equity which is odd being a CA property, so I dig in more and find out he just bought the house and has two payments made.

4.5% rate on a VA purchase just a few months ago!!! How do those bastards sleep at night? I have no idea. Basically financially raped this veteran. 
I am not well versed in the process but the guy could likely file a complaint with the CFPB and/or higher legal help to sue them. Sounds like a pretty open and shut case of predatory lending.

I am not well versed in the process but the guy could likely file a complaint with the CFPB and/or higher legal help to sue them. Sounds like a pretty open and shut case of predatory lending.
If it was from a broker, yes. From a bank or direct lender, no. They have that ability to charge more. 

Latest example of Red Rocket (Quicken) sucking. 

A broker friend of mine (I have actually sent a couple of FBG's her direction) showed the exciting Red Rocket unsolicited offer that she got. 

If she did the loan with them they would give her an FHA loan (she is currently in a conventional with over 20% equity meaning she pays no PMI now but would with an FHA loan) at a "low" rate (a rate that I could easily get) for only 2.5 charged in points. For someone who was not financially savvy, this might look like a good deal because it was a lower rate (FHA rates are lower now) and it is from "Quicken", I mean, is there a more well known name than them- certainly they would not screw people over. 

Well... actually.... they do. They spend billions (which is why you see their name EVERYWHERE.... Super Bowl? Yup. Gas station? Yup. TV? Can you watch TV without seeing their commercials? Radio? Yup. Online? Yup.... EVERYWHERE) in advertising. The reason they can spend so much in advertising is sadly some Americans fall for this kind of crap that they send out. 

Ok... soap box put away... for now. 

My loan got sold to Mr. Cooper from the original lender.  Never even paid them a single payment. 

Then I got a letter dating saying that Mr. Cooper is only processing the loan, and the debt is actually owned by Fannie Mae. I guess that's typical?

My loan got sold to Mr. Cooper from the original lender.  Never even paid them a single payment. 

Then I got a letter dating saying that Mr. Cooper is only processing the loan, and the debt is actually owned by Fannie Mae. I guess that's typical?
Yes, conventional loans are sold to Fannie or Freddie. The servicer takes care of the payments etc. 

The Z Machine said:
On my previous mortgage, I'm pretty sure Chase owned the debt and did the servicing. They were making good money though as the rate was 4.3%
They could hold it if they wanted to but pretty much all conforming loans are sold and almost always the borrower has no idea that it was sold on the secondary market. They just know of the servicing rights being sold. 

They could hold it if they wanted to but pretty much all conforming loans are sold and almost always the borrower has no idea that it was sold on the secondary market. They just know of the servicing rights being sold. 
That seems... strange.  I would like to know who is holding the actual debt I owe.

That seems... strange.  I would like to know who is holding the actual debt I owe.
my most recent refi, went:  broker(never made a payment to them), wells fargo, fannie mae(serviced by wells fargo).  nothing changed for me.  auto pay through wells fargo the whole time.

Chadstroma said:
Latest example of Red Rocket (Quicken) sucking. 

A broker friend of mine (I have actually sent a couple of FBG's her direction) showed the exciting Red Rocket unsolicited offer that she got. 

If she did the loan with them they would give her an FHA loan (she is currently in a conventional with over 20% equity meaning she pays no PMI now but would with an FHA loan) at a "low" rate (a rate that I could easily get) for only 2.5 charged in points. For someone who was not financially savvy, this might look like a good deal because it was a lower rate (FHA rates are lower now) and it is from "Quicken", I mean, is there a more well known name than them- certainly they would not screw people over. 

Well... actually.... they do. They spend billions (which is why you see their name EVERYWHERE.... Super Bowl? Yup. Gas station? Yup. TV? Can you watch TV without seeing their commercials? Radio? Yup. Online? Yup.... EVERYWHERE) in advertising. The reason they can spend so much in advertising is sadly some Americans fall for this kind of crap that they send out. 

Ok... soap box put away... for now. 
Soap box away! They are ####. My wife has worked with them twice due to clients choosing them in lieu of better options. Both times they didn't know the state laws, clearly were incompetent, and either cost them lots of money or failed to close only to have other recommendations save the day.

Stopping in to say a huge “Thanks” to @Chadstromafor the refi. Dropped a few years off my mortgage and lowered my monthly $$, best of both worlds. Signed on Monday night, Chad made this super easy and didn’t take long to get through. 

Stopping in to say a huge “Thanks” to @Chadstromafor the refi. Dropped a few years off my mortgage and lowered my monthly $$, best of both worlds. Signed on Monday night, Chad made this super easy and didn’t take long to get through. 
And as a follow up, last week I got a mailer from my current mortgage company (Mr. Cooper) regarding refinancing. Rate was 3.125%, although that was pretty small font compared to  the “You can save $$$$$$$$” part. Needless to say, the rate I got from Chad was much lower.

For conventional, it is Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It is how the markets work. Lenders originate to conforming guidelines (Fannie and Freddie's) and then when the loan is done sell the debt to them. The servicing rights is what you see in terms of who you pay your mortgage to. Those often get sold but the holder of the actual debt is still Fannie or Freddie. 

Soap box away! They are ####. My wife has worked with them twice due to clients choosing them in lieu of better options. Both times they didn't know the state laws, clearly were incompetent, and either cost them lots of money or failed to close only to have other recommendations save the day.
I take it the wife is a realtor. I don't know of any realtors that would advise a seller to take a Quicken loan on an offer if they had an alternative with pretty much anyone else. 

However, that may be changing... Quicken is going hard after realtors getting them to get MLO licensed and then 'take an app' and then get paid on the loan. Basically, it is a 'legal' way around RESPA. Quicken knows that their rep is poo and realtors hate them. (which is in part the reason of the rebranding to Rocket) What better way to get realtors to be on your side than to pay them. 

Quicken sucks and they are make used car salesmen look respectful slimy but they are not dumb and they are a marketing machine! Best damn marketing company out there... they just happen to do crappy mortgages. 

Users who are viewing this thread