Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

You say "Have a good weekend."

CicncyKid

Is this guy a jackoff or what? Wouldn't it be common courtesy to say "you too", or "thanks you have a good one too", or even just "see you later"?

You are under the assumption that he wants you to have a good weekend. He might not be a 'jackoff', he might be a decent guy who just doesn't like you very much.Next Friday, say, "Hope your weekend sucks". If he says, "You, too", you know you've figured it out.

Would it be common courtesy for him to say "you too" - Yes

Would it bother me that he said "right" - Probably not

Maybe he was trying to be cool and come up with something different. Or maybe he's tired of cliched gretings and salutations.

Then there's a lot of ways to say goodbye, we've figured out all kinds of ways to say goodbye, too. We say bye bye, so long, see ya later, take it easy, be cool, hang loose, stay in there, ya know what my favorit eis? "Don't get run over." Well, some people need practical advice. Some guys'll say to ya, "hey, have a good one", I say hey, I already have a good one. Now I'm lookin for a longer one. And that seems to hold em for about half an hour.

You're assuming he was listening to you.

I've had people tell me something like "thanks for shopping at (fill in the blank)"... and I'll reply "you too" because I wasn't listening... and I just use "you too" as my go to saying. Either that or he think you are Mr. Asswipe (pronounced az-weep-eh).

Maybe he's sick of hearing that bull#### statement.

Yep, I started a new job a month ago where I have to walk by the front desk secretaries on my way out of the office. I now feel like I have to stay stupid things like "Have good weekend" "See ya Monday" I hate it. I don't want to come off as a jerk but I think it would be best for everyone to just stop this nonsense.

You're assuming he was listening to you.I've had people tell me something like "thanks for shopping at (fill in the blank)"... and I'll reply "you too" because I wasn't listening... and I just use "you too" as my go to saying. Either that or he think you are Mr. Asswipe (pronounced az-weep-eh).

Yep - he probably had no clue what you said. Said "right" as a catch all. Heck, it works 99% of the time when he's ignoring his wife, he figured it would be good one more time.

If I said "have a good weekend" and the guy said "right" in return, my first thought was that he was expecting a horrible weekend for some reason that I was unaware of. In fact, the guy might assume you you know this and is put-off by your comment.

Archived