Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

expedia bargain fare..

littletank

I am looking for a flight and expedia gives me this expedia bargain fare which is about $200 less then anything else I've found, but it doesn't give me the time the flights are leaving. The rules say the flight will depart anytime between 6am and 10pm.

Is this just a standby type flight where we have to hang out in the airport until room is found for us?

I am looking for a flight and expedia gives me this expedia bargain fare which is about $200 less then anything else I've found, but it doesn't give me the time the flights are leaving. The rules say the flight will depart anytime between 6am and 10pm.Is this just a standby type flight where we have to hang out in the airport until room is found for us?

I don't think so, I think after you commit to it you gt a definitive flight #/time, but I am not 100% sure...There should be some fine print or something to verify though, no?

I am looking for a flight and expedia gives me this expedia bargain fare which is about $200 less then anything else I've found, but it doesn't give me the time the flights are leaving. The rules say the flight will depart anytime between 6am and 10pm.Is this just a standby type flight where we have to hang out in the airport until room is found for us?

No, after you book the flight, the departure times will be provided. You just can select your preferred departure time with that service.

It's the opaque pricing model that Priceline was famous for. Only it's Expedia. They don't want to tell you the times until you purchase because they bought the ticket from the airline and a price that you wouldn't be able to get as a consumer. Expedia marks it up :penalty::shrug: and sells it to you.

I'm not a big fan of Expedia but if you have the flexibility in times and you can't find it anywhere else, I would go for it.

Is there any difference between Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, (any others, please list?)??? If I put in a bid at all of them, would any of them be more likely to take it? Any truth to the Priceline commercial, where Shatner eggs on the customer to bid lower and lower? E.g., take a $250 fare and throw out a $59 bid and it has a chance?

Also, what does "flexible" mean? Any time during a particular day, or a day or two before/after the desired day?

TIA

Is there any difference between Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, (any others, please list?)??? If I put in a bid at all of them, would any of them be more likely to take it? Any truth to the Priceline commercial, where Shatner eggs on the customer to bid lower and lower? E.g., take a $250 fare and throw out a $59 bid and it has a chance?

Also, what does "flexible" mean? Any time during a particular day, or a day or two before/after the desired day?

TIA

I think you're better off checking out a forum that's specifically dedicated to the model:

LINK

TIA

Not as much as there used to be, I think. I used Priceline over the holidays for a rental car. I think the average cost per day, not including taxes, was around $55. I used Priceline and paid like $35/day, with taxes included. Good savings to be sure.

As for flexible dates, if you're open to allowing them to determine your departure days then you should get the best deal. If you only allow them to determine your departure time - usually it's the earliest or latest flights - then you're get a better deal when compared to the regular way where you select the departure time/day.

Archived