What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Board Games (3 Viewers)

Does anyone have any suggestions for a game for 6 people? Most have played Settlers, Ticket to Ride, CAH, etc. We're looking for something in that ballpark, or if we have to one of those annoying 'adult' party games. Most pepe's are in their 40's except for one teenager.
King of Tokyo. Just do it. Trust me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a game for 6 people? Most have played Settlers, Ticket to Ride, CAH, etc. We're looking for something in that ballpark, or if we have to one of those annoying 'adult' party games. Most pepe's are in their 40's except for one teenager.
Condottiere

Ebay has chinese versions for $10.  Find and print the rules in english on line.  The cards don't have writing on them and the game is identical to the American version (which I believe is between printings/out of print).  I got one myself and it's perfect.

This is a great game. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour and a half, and is very interactive and strategic.  Use the variation where you draw your cards immediately upon passing.

Condottiere

Ebay has chinese versions for $10.  Find and print the rules in english on line.  The cards don't have writing on them and the game is identical to the American version (which I believe is between printings/out of print).  I got one myself and it's perfect.

This is a great game. Takes about 45 minutes to an hour and a half, and is very interactive and strategic.  Use the variation where you draw your cards immediately upon passing.
And, ordered. 

I'm looking for something to play this weekend though, for the group of 6. Any other suggestions? Any large group games that are out of the box relatively easy to learn, and addictive?  

Yeah, Codenames is great.  Munchkins is great if you like pseudo-RPG deck building.  Does Pandemic allow 6 players?  That would be a great one.

Camel Up - a racing/gambling game that is just silly and fun for everyone.

Avalon or The Resistance - two very similiar games that always play best with 6+ people

Shadows over Camelot - for a deep cooperative strategy game with a possible traitor in the midst

Bang the Dice Game - I really enjoy this one. Quick game but you could easily play it over and over all night.

Between Two Cities - a unique game where everyone is has two "teams", one with the person on your right and another with the person on your left. 

Wits and Wagers - an impossible trivia game where it's all about gambling on which answer is closest to the real one

Ethnos - an area control game that plays surprisingly fast

Keyflower - a worker placement strategy game

For Sale - a quick, easy to play card game about buying and selling real estate. I know that makes it sound boring but it's really not.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a relatively new Munchkin Quest that looks great, getting good reviews.  Went to the LGS at lunch and picked up Marvel Code Names and Hero Realms. 

Picked up a few new ones that are fun.  Cash n Guns for a group.  Red Dragon Inn is a nice relaxing group game.  Onitama is a very deep yet simple strategy game.  Think very small chess game with a martial arts flair.

Like to get a game for the family for Christmas. All old enough where age isn’t an issue. Not serious gamers. Bang the dice game, Codenames or One Night Ultimate Werewolf’s? 

Pandemic and Exploding Kittens have been hits. 

Like to get a game for the family for Christmas. All old enough where age isn’t an issue. Not serious gamers. Bang the dice game, Codenames or One Night Ultimate Werewolf’s? 

Pandemic and Exploding Kittens have been hits. 
King of Tokyo is great

Kingdomino

Can't stop!

Dragonwood

Sushi Go!

Any recommended games for college kids?  I know my son plays Cards Against Humanity with his group of friends.  Looking for another one to play with guys/girls in his dorm.  Would Exploding Kittens fit the bill?

Any recommended games for college kids?  I know my son plays Cards Against Humanity with his group of friends.  Looking for another one to play with guys/girls in his dorm.  Would Exploding Kittens fit the bill?
I'm not a big fan, but a lot of people like it.  Codenames (mentioned above) would be a good one. One Night Ultimate Werewolf is also a good party game.   Archer: Once You Go Blackmail and Sushi Go! would probably go over pretty well too.

Dixit is a fun trippy game. The art is really freaky and you can play with a lot of people. 

Got Werewolf One Night for my son for his birthday.  I wasn’t sure if my 8 year old daughter would like it but she’s begging to play it again.  

We picked up Scythe after a long love affair with Terraforming Mars. Scythe seems to have a lot more strategy in it.
If you've got kids, there's a re-skin for scythe that's pretty awesome.  It's called something like My Little Scythe and if I remember correctly has a "boys" and "girls" version.

I picked up King of Tokyo for a friend that lives far away. I hope he enjoys it and brings it to my house when he visits... unless it's so good I need my own copy...

Some new ones I have picked up and liked.  Castle Panic a great co-op.  10 Minute Heist The Wizards Tower is very fun.  Smallworld looks good.  Just grabbed Pandemic Season 1, as well.  Galaxy Trucker still a very very fun one if you do not have it.

Some new ones I have picked up and liked.  Castle Panic a great co-op.  10 Minute Heist The Wizards Tower is very fun.  Smallworld looks good.  Just grabbed Pandemic Season 1, as well.  Galaxy Trucker still a very very fun one if you do not have it.
I got this kids castle panic last year and still haven’t played it.  Just looks so daunting to set up.  Gonna play it over the break though 

got them King of Tokyo and Bears vs Babies for this Xmas 

I got this kids castle panic last year and still haven’t played it.  Just looks so daunting to set up.  Gonna play it over the break though 

got them King of Tokyo and Bears vs Babies for this Xmas 
Watch a video about how to play.  They explain them so well.  When we get a new game, I will watch a few and learn it, then have the family watch one together before we play.  Makes it all so much easier.  Castle Panic is actually really simple to learn and get going.  Now Clank! on he other hand, while not bad, is a lot more.  I am hoping to get my group of dudes to add that to our rotation.

Any of you play Mr. Jack

Got this for my son and were having a debate on the one of the characters and how to use one of the board pieces.  

Mr. Jack. Excellent strategy game. Easy to learn, hard to master.
@Sand - if you are around... or any others since I saw the game mentioned a couple times years ago...

The son and I just played this for the first time tonight and enjoyed it, but were iffy on a couple things (if you remember from 7 years ago or are still around)

-  Watson's ability.  IF he is by another character is he invisible to the person that his lantern is pointing at?  Also, did I see right that the light can go multiple hexes in a row if they are unencumbered from an object, meaning that he could illuminate multiple characters?

- how do you handle the open manholes?  We couldn't decide if the rules were saying that you lose a move when entering or not.  Ie I am moving 3 spots, am right next to one, is it 1 to the manhole, 1for the next manhole, then one space, or is it 1 for the move to manhole + popping out, then you get 2 more moves?  Also I read the rules as you CAN move through the sewers through an open manhole, but you don't HAVE to if you land on one?

Definitely a fun game, and I can see what you mean about it might be a tough one to master as we were thinking aloud and talking about all our mistakes tonight.  

Anyone jump on Century Spice Road? Just got it for Christmas. Loving it. Simple, and FAST. Don't wait long between turns, so no time to go check your phone in between moves. Keeps everyone involved.

My daughter asked for Ticket to Ride for Christmas since she had played it with friends at college and liked it.  We've played it at least once each of the past 4 nights with either 3 or 4 players.  Love the game!  Easy to learn and every game plays out differently.  We'll probably buy ourselves a copy, perhaps one of the other versions (Europe?), when our daughter takes hers back to school after break.

Per a previous recommendation here, we bought Codenames for our son for Christmas.  We've played it a few times with 4 people and like it, although I think we all prefer Ticket to Ride a little more.  That said, we're taking Codenames to a family Christmas party today where we'll probably play it 4v4, which I suspect will be a lot more fun than just 2v2.

@Sand - if you are around... or any others since I saw the game mentioned a couple times years ago...

The son and I just played this for the first time tonight and enjoyed it, but were iffy on a couple things (if you remember from 7 years ago or are still around)

-  Watson's ability.  IF he is by another character is he invisible to the person that his lantern is pointing at?  Also, did I see right that the light can go multiple hexes in a row if they are unencumbered from an object, meaning that he could illuminate multiple characters?

- how do you handle the open manholes?  We couldn't decide if the rules were saying that you lose a move when entering or not.  Ie I am moving 3 spots, am right next to one, is it 1 to the manhole, 1for the next manhole, then one space, or is it 1 for the move to manhole + popping out, then you get 2 more moves?  Also I read the rules as you CAN move through the sewers through an open manhole, but you don't HAVE to if you land on one?

Definitely a fun game, and I can see what you mean about it might be a tough one to master as we were thinking aloud and talking about all our mistakes tonight.  
I don't remember on Watson.  For the second I the sewer costing one to move through. There is no rule that says you must use the manhole.  Gameboardgeek should have those rulings for sure.

Great game.

We picked up Magic Maze this christmas.  It may be a bit beneath most here, but its a fun, quick, cooperative game.

Game can play 1-8 (9) players.  The task is to get 4 pawns to specific spots on the board to steal an object, and then escape before the time expires.  It's a true co-op game, and the hook is there is no communication allowed (with minor exceptions).  Every player has a card that allows them to move a pawn in a specific direction.  There are no "turns"  - any player can move any pawn at any time as long as it is in the direction they have.  The "board" is a series of tiles that are built as the game progresses, so no two games would be the same.

There is a separate "Do Something" pawn you are allowed to put in front of someone, and the other "communication" that is allowed is to "intensely stare" at someone.

There are a few spots to add time - but every time you do that, everyone has to switch their move cards - which adds to the confusion as you get used to your new moves.

I still have Pandemic sealed from last year--just can't get my daughters interested to play it.

We play a lot of Exploding Kittens and just picked up the expansion pack Friday.

Just bought Cards Against Humanity--yeah, I know, we will see how this goes. My 19 year old daughter says it is a lot of fun. I am just not sure how my wife is going to feel about it. 

Picked up a copy of "Welcome To" for Christmas and have played it four times since. Really excellent roll-and-score.

Son got mouse trap for Christmas. Forgot how long it took to set this game up

also got him the monopoly fortnite which really isn’t that bad

Users who are viewing this thread