What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (1 Viewer)

Zow said:
Otis said:
Limp Ditka said:
Otis said:
Considering getting in board here. Who is in?m
WTF? You need more than Bob?
Good point. Ok IN. Mrs O in as well.I'll need to make concessions for client dinners,

so they don't think I'm some kind of weirdo.
I'm in if you're in. Want to bet on who breaks first?

*Clearly, super bowl weekend is an exception to any bet.

ETA: I also have a beerfest over Valentine's Day weekend, so yeah that one doesn't count either. Actually on second thought, I vote we limit this event to non-work related functions M-F.
can you brohans start your own who loses this bet worst thread and not ruin this one take that to the bank brohans

I'm going to start day after SuperBowl and try to last until mid-April (when baby is born). Until then, I'm drinking like a damn fish.

Considering getting in board here. Who is in?m
WTF? You need more than Bob?
Good point. Ok IN. Mrs O in as well.I'll need to make concessions for client dinners,

so they don't think I'm some kind of weirdo.
I'm in if you're in. Want to bet on who breaks first?

*Clearly, super bowl weekend is an exception to any bet.

ETA: I also have a beerfest over Valentine's Day weekend, so yeah that one doesn't count either. Actually on second thought, I vote we limit this event to non-work related functions M-F.
can you brohans start your own who loses this bet worst thread and not ruin this one take that to the bank brohans
Harsh words, bromie :(

2/1, no alcohol, no problem.

2/2, so far so good, but the real test will be tonight from 5-11pm while working my bar-tending shift.

One day in, and I'm so damn sick of La Croix water. Still, yesterday was not as bad as I remember the first day being last year. Hang in there, everyone!

One day in, and I'm so damn sick of La Croix water. Still, yesterday was not as bad as I remember the first day being last year. Hang in there, everyone!
You're struggling after one day? Hmmmm
Where did I say I was struggling? I said I'm sick of water. Yesterday was fine, and it's not even noon here today, so it's fine. Maybe I can come up with something tastier than La Croix as a substitute, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did I say I was struggling? I said I'm sick of water. Yesterday was fine, and it's not even noon here today, so it's fine. Maybe I can come up with something tastier than La Croix as a substitute, though.
Trust us, you're struggling

try my fancy bubbly water trick. regular water does get boring
What's this again?

Fine, I'll just have a drink to take the edge off. ;)

Yea, I don't know where I got that from. My bad.

What's this again?

I'm guessing it's inevitable. No hate though, I love my booze too and this weekend's gonna suck hard.

Yea, I don't know where I got that from. My bad.
Oh, OK. :lmao:

What's this again?

I'm guessing it's inevitable. No hate though, I love my booze too and this weekend's gonna suck hard.
I did this last year and found it easier than expected. Social situations were the only time where it was more challenging. This year will be a breeze. I'd actually been looking forward to it, in an odd way.

day 1 free and clear but I swear to go I feel like my life is mimicing Airplane in that today has been a cluster #### at work and I've picked a horrible time to quit sniffing glue.
I kept thinking of that Airplane line yesterday, too. :lmao:

Day One in the books, though I was sorely tempted due to the news about TU. My first drink on March 2 will be a toast to Sean.

Like fred, I'm curious to see how my body responds. I'm also giving up soda, though I intend that one to be permanent. I average maybe 3/4 of a Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper a day. I've given it up before, one time for several years, but in periods of stress have started up again including periods of drinking 2-3 per day. I've seen positive changes when I don't drink it--oddly enough, the most noticeable is that my fingernails don't chip or break. Nasty stuff, soda.
Doing the soda thing also, but had already cut down from 1/day to 2-3/week.
:hifive:

Something I realized after just one day without wine is that I just like to drink things. I must have had three gallons of water yesterday. I've been using the MiO flavor enhancers that make water almost tasty.
generic seltzer water, not club soda(too much salt) is your friend. i put concentrated black cherry juice in mine since shuke gave me The Gout. yummy.
I just use tap water; am not fancy like you. :shrug:

WDIK, if you try the MiO, I recommend the lemon (best one), orange, black cherry, and fruit punch. Some of the other flavors aren't so good, especially the one that is green--don't know what flavor it was supposed to be, but it just tasted very green. They also make some with vitamins and/or caffeine in them but I've just used the regular ones.
fancy water ;)

day 1 free and clear but I swear to go I feel like my life is mimicing Airplane in that today has been a cluster #### at work and I've picked a horrible time to quit sniffing glue.
I kept thinking of that Airplane line yesterday, too. :lmao:

Day One in the books, though I was sorely tempted due to the news about TU. My first drink on March 2 will be a toast to Sean.

Like fred, I'm curious to see how my body responds. I'm also giving up soda, though I intend that one to be permanent. I average maybe 3/4 of a Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper a day. I've given it up before, one time for several years, but in periods of stress have started up again including periods of drinking 2-3 per day. I've seen positive changes when I don't drink it--oddly enough, the most noticeable is that my fingernails don't chip or break. Nasty stuff, soda.
Doing the soda thing also, but had already cut down from 1/day to 2-3/week.
:hifive:

Something I realized after just one day without wine is that I just like to drink things. I must have had three gallons of water yesterday. I've been using the MiO flavor enhancers that make water almost tasty.
generic seltzer water, not club soda(too much salt) is your friend. i put concentrated black cherry juice in mine since shuke gave me The Gout. yummy.
I just use tap water; am not fancy like you. :shrug:

WDIK, if you try the MiO, I recommend the lemon (best one), orange, black cherry, and fruit punch. Some of the other flavors aren't so good, especially the one that is green--don't know what flavor it was supposed to be, but it just tasted very green. They also make some with vitamins and/or caffeine in them but I've just used the regular ones.
fancy water ;)
:lmao: We do still have a lot of Mio around, too, as we use that to fancy up our water on hikes. I'll try your version as well.

I love La Croix. That's always my substitute. If you do find something better, let me know.

krista4 said:
James Daulton said:
krista4 said:
I drink that #### like water. Coconut is fantastic.

So far so good since Sunday 1/31. I'm officially starting Monday 2/8 but don't foresee much booze other than the SB 2/7, and even then it will probably be just a few.

Just popped an L-thenanine or whatever the heck it is. I'm cruising at 40,000 feet. The air is nice up here - enjoying the ride. Highly recommended. I hope I don't build up a tolerance to this stuff.

krista4 said:
James Daulton said:
krista4 said:
:thumbup: Haven't tried coconut. I was going to ask Woz for favorite flavors, too.

krista4 said:
James Daulton said:
krista4 said:
:thumbup: Haven't tried coconut. I was going to ask Woz for favorite flavors, too.
Coconut, grapefruit and lime are my favorite.

I can't decide if this is the absolute worst time to stop drinking or the absolute best time to stop drinking. Should probably have Rude merge this with the depression thread.

Still have a few days to until dry though.

BTW, iced green tea is the correct answer.

I can't decide if this is the absolute worst time to stop drinking or the absolute best time to stop drinking. Should probably have Rude merge this with the depression thread.

Iced tea is always my drink of choice during the day, but not at night.

As with last year, not drinking is ####### up my sleep to be even worse than usual, which didn't seem possible. :(

As with last year, not drinking is ####### up my sleep to be even worse than usual, which didn't seem possible. :(
I was actually thinking about joining the club to see if it actually helped with my sleeping (well plus I probably shouldn't be drinking every night). It feels like having a few drinks at night should help with sleep, but many studies show that drinking does not help you sleep. I was convinced of this when my wife started using her sleep app (I think on some kind of FitBit) and it definitely showed her waking up a lot more during nights after she drank a few glasses of wine.

Oh I hear that GB.

krista4 said:
James Daulton said:
krista4 said:
They're really all pretty good. I like passion fruit and cran-raspberry. Although, I still find the most refreshing to be the unflavored one.

I was actually thinking about joining the club to see if it actually helped with my sleeping (well plus I probably shouldn't be drinking every night). It feels like having a few drinks at night should help with sleep, but many studies show that drinking does not help you sleep. I was convinced of this when my wife started using her sleep app (I think on some kind of FitBit) and it definitely showed her waking up a lot more during nights after she drank a few glasses of wine.
Definitely true for most people, and I think you'd see a difference if you did this. A lot of folks last year saw improved sleep patterns. For people like my GBSLB and me, for some reason it just makes our chronic insomnia worse.

Oh I hear that GB.
I knew you would.

krista4 said:
James Daulton said:
krista4 said:
They're really all pretty good. I like passion fruit and cran-raspberry. Although, I still find the most refreshing to be the unflavored one.
Thanks, Christo and Woz!

Otis, you should have taken that bet. :bag:
Half a Corona last night. Stayed sober.

Still in :thumbup:
pillars of inner fortitude
Had a stressful day for a variety of reasons yesterday. I was making dinner and Mrs. Woz was feeding the baby. Convo went like this:

Me: Long day. Do you want to have a glass of wine with dinner?

Mrs. Woz: I thought we weren't drinking during the week in February.

Me: You're right. We're not. Thanks for staying strong.

*Ten minutes pass with the baby being fussy.*

Mrs. Woz: So, you want to have that wine? :mellow:

Me: Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread