What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (2 Viewers)

Starting today. I tried to drink all the rum in the house over the weekend since it was still January, but couldn't quite get through it all. Last night I had to finish it off so it wouldn't sit there all month mocking me.

I better feel like ####### Superman after this month is over. Or I'm going MOP on SLB PDQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way I can go into this weekend cold, so just finished a beer which I think I'll chase down with some bourbon

No way I can go into this weekend cold, so just finished a beer which I think I'll chase down with some bourbon
I had to stop at Tilted Kilt on the way home from work, picked up some Sam Adams winter lager crap on the way home. Challenge doesnt start until Monday.

So far so good since Sunday 1/31. I'm officially starting Monday 2/8 but don't foresee much booze other than the SB 2/7, and even then it will probably be just a few.

Just popped an L-thenanine or whatever the heck it is. I'm cruising at 40,000 feet. The air is nice up here - enjoying the ride. Highly recommended. I hope I don't build up a tolerance to this stuff.
What's this stuff all about?

Wanted a glass of bourbon quite badly last night again (though not as bad as the night before). Doesn't help that I'm in the process of planning a Bourbon Country trip and spending a lot of time browsing that topic. :unsure:

Wheels will be coming ALL the way off Sunday. (then back on, Monday :( )

So far so good since Sunday 1/31. I'm officially starting Monday 2/8 but don't foresee much booze other than the SB 2/7, and even then it will probably be just a few.

Just popped an L-thenanine or whatever the heck it is. I'm cruising at 40,000 feet. The air is nice up here - enjoying the ride. Highly recommended. I hope I don't build up a tolerance to this stuff.
. Yes, more info please.

Neeeeeeeeed sleeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Last night while not sleeping I think I figured out the problem. My chronic insomnia is from not being able to shut my brain down at night, and the lack of alcohol is making my mind race even more as it is not at all dulled by the booze. This sucks so hard.

Last night while not sleeping I think I figured out the problem. My chronic insomnia is from not being able to shut my brain down at night, and the lack of alcohol is making my mind race even more as it is not at all dulled by the booze. This sucks so hard.
right there with you. couldn't shut it off last night. and my new lawyer has made 4 clerical/typo errors in the last 24 hours. that i have had to point out to her. :hot: i'm pretty sure she filed todays paperwork incorrectly with both the court and the bank good times.

oh, my wife bought a bottle of our favorite cheap pinot noir last night and it was sitting there mocking me, 1/2 empty, when i got home.

i may not make it this year.

right there with you. couldn't shut it off last night. and my new lawyer has made 4 clerical/typo errors in the last 24 hours. that i have had to point out to her. :hot: i'm pretty sure she filed todays paperwork incorrectly with both the court and the bank good times.

oh, my wife bought a bottle of our favorite cheap pinot noir last night and it was sitting there mocking me, 1/2 empty, when i got home.

Are you taking the Super Bowl as a cheat day? If so, I'm here to encourage you that you can make it to Sunday!

Are you taking the Super Bowl as a cheat day? If so, I'm here to encourage you that you can make it to Sunday!
i'm allowing it, but may not drink...myself into oblivion.

. Yes, more info please.
Props to NREC34 for bringing it up a few pages back. I researched it and bought some and am loving it. L-Theanine is an all natural amino acid found in green tea leaves. It is sold as a supplement in capsule form. It provides you with laser focus but also mellows you out while not making you sleepy. Combined with coffee, it is a powerful combo, but takes the jitters/edge off the caffeine. I highly recommend the 250mg pure capsules by Superior Labs, Amazon has 90 capsules for $20. Other brands may add fillers or toxins. I've gotten so much done the last few days, it's like I was in a quasi haze/fog before. Amazing stuff.

Two beers and decided I wanted to test the limits of "sober" so tacked on a scotch.

Precarious. But I think I'm OK.

have you sleepless folks tried weed yet?
How do middle-aged suburbia dudes get weed hookups?
ive scored here before,

thursday evenings is when they play tripples, the biggest weekly event in MD. they sell disc at the course. its a great time to meet new people.

dig out an old tie dye, bring a twelve pack, ask about joining/donating to the club and you are IN!

eta; you can skip the beer if you are trying to stay sober, maybe cookies or pizza.

Last edited by a moderator:
Staying on the wagon, no alcohol since Sunday. Also trying to kick my once a day soda habit. Had a pretty stressful day yesterday at work, got a bunch of stuff dumped on me and ended up working 11 hours. The cravings for a big glass of whiskey were pretty strong during the day. I caved and had two sodas while working, but by the time I got home I was so worn out the craving for alcohol went away and I didn't even feel like drinking. Just hung out with the wife and kid and went to sleep. So 1 for 2. I can live with that. :thumbup:

. Yes, more info please.
Props to NREC34 for bringing it up a few pages back. I researched it and bought some and am loving it. L-Theanine is an all natural amino acid found in green tea leaves. It is sold as a supplement in capsule form. It provides you with laser focus but also mellows you out while not making you sleepy. Combined with coffee, it is a powerful combo, but takes the jitters/edge off the caffeine. I highly recommend the 250mg pure capsules by Superior Labs, Amazon has 90 capsules for $20. Other brands may add fillers or toxins. I've gotten so much done the last few days, it's like I was in a quasi haze/fog before. Amazing stuff.
How often are you taking this?

5 days in. Nothing feels different, pants may be a bit looser around the stomach region. Meeting up with friends at a bar tonight, then Super Bowl, then a work trip to NYC so the non drinking gauntlet is about to get really tough. Not going to make it but maybe will nurse the beer a bit more, think that's a respectable goal.

If I were to want weed, I'd walk into a store and buy it. :shrug:

As it is, I've never tried it and don't intend to, though I don't have any problem with others using it (and am glad to live in a state where it's legal). Suppose it could help with the insomnia, but I've never been interested in it.

Seatown Mofos said:
Staying on the wagon, no alcohol since Sunday. Also trying to kick my once a day soda habit. Had a pretty stressful day yesterday at work, got a bunch of stuff dumped on me and ended up working 11 hours. The cravings for a big glass of whiskey were pretty strong during the day. I caved and had two sodas while working, but by the time I got home I was so worn out the craving for alcohol went away and I didn't even feel like drinking. Just hung out with the wife and kid and went to sleep. So 1 for 2. I can live with that. :thumbup:
Did exactly the same thing yesterday (had two sodas). My stomach paid the price and I felt like crap. :(

The General said:
5 days in. Nothing feels different, pants may be a bit looser around the stomach region. Meeting up with friends at a bar tonight, then Super Bowl, then a work trip to NYC so the non drinking gauntlet is about to get really tough. Not going to make it but maybe will nurse the beer a bit more, think that's a respectable goal.
Didn't realize we had so many Seattle-area folks in on this this year. :thumbup:

James Daulton said:
grateful zed said:
have you sleepless folks tried weed yet?
How do middle-aged suburbia dudes get weed hookups?
seriously? i could have nearly any drug i wanted delivered within an hour.
I literally don't know a single person (that I know of) that smokes weed. Bunch of lame ### family dudes I guess.
i know a lot of them. most have families and what not.
Yea, but you're a Raiders fan. You probably know a lot of crack heads too.

:D

Seatown Mofos said:
Did exactly the same thing yesterday (had two sodas). My stomach paid the price and I felt like crap. :(

The General said:
Didn't realize we had so many Seattle-area folks in on this this year. :thumbup:
Didn't make it. Had quite a few beers tonight. Will not drink rest of weekend.

Played poker for 14 straight hours. Had 30 beers and a couple whiskeys. Won poker most of my SB bets ate my cousin's Italian wife famous speidini all day. Up$4000+ yesterday. I love you Sober February.

So I've been completely sober for five days.

In related news, I've had a stomach virus for five days.

I didn't drink a single drop yesterday during the super bowl :excited: Then again I drank from noon till 2 am on Saturday :bag: and was drunk well into the early afternoon before the hang over hit. It was an easy trade off, rolled into San Fran with 2 buddies to check out Super Bowl City and after realizing we'd made a terrible decision we decided to dive bar hop around the city. One bar into our excursion, someone puts metallica on the jukebox and I suddenly remember they are playing less than a mile away that night. A quick check of ticketmaster showed they weren't sold out so the 3 of us bought tickets and proceeded to get completely destroyed before going in and then since they ended at 11 we decided to keep drinking in the city till 2!!!

If I were to want weed, I'd walk into a store and buy it. :shrug:

As it is, I've never tried it and don't intend to, though I don't have any problem with others using it (and am glad to live in a state where it's legal). Suppose it could help with the insomnia, but I've never been interested in it.
there is a reason weed is so popular. you should try it, you might like it.

Users who are viewing this thread