What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (3 Viewers)

96 hour bender has been completed. Last beer went down around 3:00 am this morning.
And I lasted about 17 hours :bag:
:lmao: You gave it the ol' college try.

No, not really.
A high school friend's sister passed away and when I arrived at the wake, 4 of my high school drinking buddies were still there. We ended up having a toast in her honor. I'd like to say 'how couldn't I?' But the one guy that's 4 years sober didn't seem to have a problem abstaining.

BACK IN

Mrs. O and I are at the end of our rope with the drinking and binge eating. Didn't drink yesterday and slept better last night than I have in weeks. Giving up all booze for a while.

Why do we do this to ourselves? This stuff is poison. Delicious, wonderful poison.

No alcohol since January 30th. I lost 5 pounds in 7 days. I'm sleeping solid through the night, wife says I'm not snoring anymore. I've got more energy and am motivated to get more done at work and I'm thinking more clearly. Quite frankly, it's been a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I went a little nuts with a Vegas trip that ended last Tuesday and just kept the party going through the Super Bowl. Gained 5 lbs over the weekend somehow, and the booze was flowing from about noon on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm jumping on board...didn't have anything last night and got up and worked out for the first time in a couple weeks. Godspeed.

I went a little nuts with a Vegas trip that ended last Tuesday and just kept the party going through the Super Bowl. Gained 5 lbs over the weekend somehow, and the booze was flowing from about noon on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm jumping on board...didn't have anything last night and got up and worked out for the first time in a couple weeks. Godspeed.
I'm out.

I'm officially on the wagon since yesterday (Ash Wednesday) for Lent. Going to try and go 46 days to Easter Sunday 3/27. I love to come home from work and have a brown liquid (beer, bourbon or scotch). It wasn't too difficult but because of the habit it was certainly on my mind. I make my own beer and started a batch a week ago. I'm sure the urge to reach for a beer will be strong when I have to rack the it to secondary and then again a few weeks later when kegging.

One day done and 45 to go.

I have tried to quit for lent in previous years but usually ended up having a couple every Sunday. This year I will try to go dry from 2/15-3/16 so after Valentines and before St Paddy's day.

Made it a week. Had wine last night b/c we celebrated Valentine's Day. Definitely drinking beer this weekend.

Drank a bottle of wine last night after not drinking all week. Woke up feeling terrible.

Drinking wine again now to make it all better.

Drinking buddies are texting me and I'm just about to finish up working 4 extra hours that I wasn't expecting to. Dangerous combo

:scared:

i also stink i did not fall off of the wagon what i did is more like i flew off that sucker on a jet fuel powered funny car doing about two hondo miles per hour but hey all i can do is try again when i fail so i am back on and i will my best take that to the bank brohans  

Day one for me.  I drank enough Saturday and Sunday in preparation for this but not having a night cap will be tough.

I feel like I'm thinking clearer even though I'm not because sleep has been impossible.  For example today I was trying to do 10.5-2 and it literally took me 15 seconds to come up 8.5. :bag: Sex and Ambien don't even help.  I got about 3 hours of sleep last night max.

Made it from Ash Wednesday to Saturday. My wife bought tickets for a beer fest Saturday night with over 400 different beers not knowing I gave it up. So, I obviously did the right thing by thinking of her feelings and acted like I enjoyed myself. ;)

Back on the wagon Sunday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You know that episode of It's Always Sunny where they quarantine themselves and it turns out they aren't sick but just a bunch of drunks?  I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going through now.  There's past evidence where I've felt bad, had a few drinks, felt fine the next day. :oldunsure:

Solid 4 hours of sleep last night though.  Makes about 25 hours the last 5 nights.  I'm taking TWO Ambien tomorrow night and hopefully sleep until Monday.

I'm not seeing a lot of 'I made it through the weekend' braggarts.

am I alone in this?
I made it GB.  Almost caved last night but I made it.  :hifive:

Still can't sleep worth a #### though.  I have every chore I've been putting off all year done and a few I wasn't even planning on doing.  I feel like Alex P Keaton when he was popping speed.

No idea how I'm standing. Aforementioned 3 hours in a bar Friday. Saturday was 3 hours spent at a fancy driving range with full service bar / waitresses, then lunch at Twin Peaks (Hooters ripoff) followed by an hour at a local bar for a St Baldrick's fundraiser. Today was a meet up with some old friends in the neighborhood I lived in when I was 21. 

Between picking up a tab at driving range because someone else paid for the range time, a $50 donation to St Baldrick's and chipping in on the tip today, I still dropped $140 in drinking establishments this weekend 

:bag:

I feel like I'm thinking clearer even though I'm not because sleep has been impossible.  For example today I was trying to do 10.5-2 and it literally took me 15 seconds to come up 8.5. :bag: Sex and Ambien don't even help.  I got about 3 hours of sleep last night max.
Have you ever taken Chantix?  Does Ambien give the same wild dreams?

I haven't taken either but thinking about Chantix.

Chantix was a huge help when I quit smoking seven years ago. Wild sex dreams...yeah. It is not prescribed to anyone with a history of depression; may cause suicidal ideation.

Chantix was a huge help when I quit smoking seven years ago. Wild sex dreams...yeah. It is not prescribed to anyone with a history of depression; may cause suicidal ideation.
I'm out then.

Half an Ambien used to knock me out.  No wild dreams that I can recall. Now if I take 2 of them I get the same result.  I haven't had Chantix. 

Problem was Mrs. SLB and Cal were out of town on Friday so I didn't want to be despondent should something bad happen with Dyl at home with me.  My parents are also out of town and I'm taking care of their very old cat that needs to eat at a certain time and stuff so sleeping in hasn't been an option either. 

I took a Xanax about an hour ago.  Now I'm going to puff some hippy hay and relax in the hot tub to see if that calms me down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not seeing a lot of 'I made it through the weekend' braggarts.

am I alone in this?
:slaps money on table

I'm out and it was a short 6 day run.  It is all my wife's fault as she likes drinking Berndog better then sober Berndog.  Yet another reason I love this woman!! 

Users who are viewing this thread