What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sober February (1 Viewer)

No chance. I am skiing for two weeks and going to the Carnival (Quebec City version unfortunately). Lots of sauce required for both.

Also, my wife is going to be away for a week leaving me alone with the kids. Much sauce required. :lol:

I was doing the no drinking January thing. I made it 2 weeks, but have only had a drink 4-5 days this month. Thats a win.

Well, I already blew it. I was still drinking at 4 AM and I'm already up and getting lubed for the game. Also, I may have shotgunned a beer at 3:30 before flopping for 3 hours sleep on a Murphy bed. In other news, I'm 41 years old.

forgot I did this last year. I'm going to go again, starting tomorrow (no way I won't be drinking beer during a Broncos Superbowl).

It's not gonna be a sober Febuary though. I'm going to make it a "no beer/wine Febuary". For me, this is more about cutting out needless calories in an attempt to drop a few lbs, so I'm going with hard stuff only. I don't drink a lot of hard stuff to start with, so I won't actually be drinking all that much anyways...but if I want to loosen up after a tough day at work, I'm not opposed to a couple of fingers of scotch.

I've gone from my brothers bday (jan 5) to my bday (mar 19) but only to prove I wasn't an alcoholic. I was going to try this feb but my team lost and I need a drink.

I'm guessing everyone else failed as miserably at this as I did?

I think I made it 2.5 days, but am too drunk to remember

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't even try to go sober, but I have switched to vodka-club sodas a few nights a week instead of heavy IPAs in an effort to loose a few lbs. winning so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a couple of glasses of wine last night (vanentines day) and a shot or 2 of brandy in some mulled cider, but otherwise I'm clean.

Took 2 week break. Had a couple tonight and got invited to a wine pairing dinner at a top restaurant in town Monday so gonna hit that. Then back on the wagon for 2 more weeks till Seattle trip.

:mix match:

Might shoot for 2/2 through 2/26.

That 2/27 starts a weekend getaway with some serious drinking involved. I'm a little worried about messing with my tolerance leading up to it

There is just no way I can do this.

Super Bowl and the wife and I always take the day after off to go have fun. So that day is off.

Valentines Day--there is always some form of alcohol involved.

President's day is another 3-day weekend.

Walking Dead is back.

Daytona 500...

And then we have Spring Break in March.

I am just going to say I remained sober on 1/29--small victories, small victories I tell you.....

There is just no way I can do this.

Super Bowl and the wife and I always take the day after off to go have fun. So that day is off.

Valentines Day--there is always some form of alcohol involved.

President's day is another 3-day weekend.

Walking Dead is back.

Daytona 500...

And then we have Spring Break in March.

I am just going to say I remained sober on 1/29--small victories, small victories I tell you.....
:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread