Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

$10,000

CicncyKid

Let's say you are handed $10,000 you weren't expecting. What would you do with it? I honestly can't come up with anything other than buying a nice hot tub for our deck or putting in a bathroom in our finished basement. Sure, I could take a really nice vacation with the wife, but we can take a great vacation on only $1500. I wouldn't waste the cash on a WSOP spot, but perhaps a $330 satellite.

What would you do with 10 grand if you had it?

Let's say you are handed $10,000 you weren't expecting. What would you do with it? I honestly can't come up with anything other than buying a nice hot tub for our deck or putting in a bathroom in our finished basement. Sure, I could take a really nice vacation with the wife, but we can take a great vacation on only $1500. I wouldn't waste the cash on a WSOP spot, but perhaps a $330 satellite.What would you do with 10 grand if you had it?

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :confused:

Let's say you are handed $10,000 you weren't expecting. What would you do with it? I honestly can't come up with anything other than buying a nice hot tub for our deck or putting in a bathroom in our finished basement. Sure, I could take a really nice vacation with the wife, but we can take a great vacation on only $1500. I wouldn't waste the cash on a WSOP spot, but perhaps a $330 satellite.What would you do with 10 grand if you had it?

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :confused:
He's posting it at FBG. Most of us spend $10k on the toilet paper that we use in the morning. For my wife and myself, $8k would be the the rest of the amount we need for our adoption. The other $2k would be added to our emergency fund.

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :loco:
He's posting it at FBG. Most of us spend $10k on the toilet paper that we use in the morning. For my wife and myself, $8k would be the the rest of the amount we need for our adoption. The other $2k would be added to our emergency fund.
$8K = "the rest"?!?Will a 19 month-old white female suffice? PM sent.

I have an absolutely great idea. Just send me $1,000 and I will tell you what it is.

In all seriousness, I guess it would depend on how much money you made and what your current debt situation is. If this money isnt something that you won, then there is probably no need to reward yourself with a bunch of stuff.

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :loco:
:confused: My wife wants an asian kid for some reason. $8k is about a third of the total cost. And Taiwan is on the lower end of the cost scale.

Let's say you are handed $10,000 you weren't expecting. What would you do with it? I honestly can't come up with anything other than buying a nice hot tub for our deck or putting in a bathroom in our finished basement. Sure, I could take a really nice vacation with the wife, but we can take a great vacation on only $1500. I wouldn't waste the cash on a WSOP spot, but perhaps a $330 satellite.

Seriously, put it into an ING Orange Savings account long enough to go read Rich Dad, Poor Dad, and get some constructive ideas.

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :sadbanana:
;) My wife wants an asian kid for some reason. $8k is about a third of the total cost. And Taiwan is on the lower end of the cost scale.
Wow! Best of luck with that.

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :sadbanana:

Insurance won't cover this?

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. ;)

Isn't that what insurance is for?
Hahaha. Silly mortals.Do not insure your house with AIG. :angry:
Wow, that's one lousy policy you got there, GB! :o

10K would be a nice windfall. If it were me:

$3K bank (rainy day fund)

$3K Invest (probably 2 or 3 stocks I think have a chance of taking off)

$2K Kids college funds

$2K spend on something absolutely stupid and unnecessary for me and my wife.

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? ;)
He's posting it at FBG. Most of us spend $10k on the toilet paper that we use in the morning.

For my wife and myself, $8k would be the the rest of the amount we need for our adoption. The other $2k would be added to our emergency fund.

$8K = "the rest"?!?

Will a 19 month-old white female suffice? PM sent.

:angry: My wife wants an asian kid for some reason.

$8k is about a third of the total cost. And Taiwan is on the lower end of the cost scale.

See, the irony here is that outsourcing to Asia makes this more expensive! :sadbanana:

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :sadbanana:

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. ;)

Hahaha. Silly mortals.Do not insure your house with AIG. :angry:
they convinced you that your place was in the no-hail zone, eh?

10K would be a nice windfall. If it were me:$3K bank (rainy day fund)$3K Invest (probably 2 or 3 stocks I think have a chance of taking off)$2K Kids college funds$2K spend on something absolutely stupid and unnecessary for me and my wife.

No taxes where you live, eh? :sadbanana:

10K would be a nice windfall. If it were me:$3K bank (rainy day fund)$3K Invest (probably 2 or 3 stocks I think have a chance of taking off)$2K Kids college funds$2K spend on something absolutely stupid and unnecessary for me and my wife.

No taxes where you live, eh? :sadbanana:
only if i claimed it. Gifts under 11K fall under the proverbial radar where I'm from.

No taxes where you live, eh? :angry:
only if i claimed it. Gifts under 11K fall under the proverbial radar where I'm from.
what about weekly gifts of 2500 up to about 40000?

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :)
He's posting it at FBG. Most of us spend $10k on the toilet paper that we use in the morning.

For my wife and myself, $8k would be the the rest of the amount we need for our adoption. The other $2k would be added to our emergency fund.

$8K = "the rest"?!?

:no: My wife wants an asian kid for some reason.

$8k is about a third of the total cost. And Taiwan is on the lower end of the cost scale.

See, the irony here is that outsourcing to Asia makes this more expensive! :angry:
:shrug:

Yeah, but life expectancy numbers lead me to believe that an asian model will hold up longer than an American model. Something to do with union labor or poor design or something. Plus I heard that the resale value is much better.

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :angry:

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :shrug:

Hahaha. Silly mortals.Do not insure your house with AIG. :)
In Minnesota the deductible, according to AIG, is a percentage (2%) of the value of your home. Which for me is around $7500. They made that change w/o informing policy holders. Nice job ####ers.

10K would be a nice windfall. If it were me:$3K bank (rainy day fund)$3K Invest (probably 2 or 3 stocks I think have a chance of taking off)$2K Kids college funds$2K taxes.

fixed :shrug:

$8K = "the rest"?!?

See, the irony here is that outsourcing to Asia makes this more expensive! :angry:

Yeah, but life expectancy numbers lead me to believe that an asian model will hold up longer than an American model. Something to do with union labor or poor design or something. Plus I heard that the resale value is much better.

Googling "vasectomy reversal" and "geisha" as we speak.

$8K = "the rest"?!?

I wouldn't want to find those qualities in one person but good luck with that anyhow.

what about weekly gifts of 2500 up to about 40000?
that could work....4 weekly gifts to me, 4 weekly gifts to my wife, 4 weekly gifts to my oldest child, 4 weekly gifts to my middle child

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :lmao:

Re-shingle my hail damaged roof. :thumbup:

Hahaha. Silly mortals.Do not insure your house with AIG. :thumbup:
In Minnesota the deductible, according to AIG, is a percentage of the value of your home. They made that change w/o informing policy holders. Nice job ####ers.
Um, no. Your homeowner's policy should spell out your deductible for stuctural damage. They can't just change those terms without notifying you. Unless that change was made prior to your renewal of the policy and you simply didn't notice the modified language, they can't just change the terms of your coverage.

Is there any doubt that this was written by an American? :(

$8K = "the rest"?!?

See, the irony here is that outsourcing to Asia makes this more expensive! :thumbup:
:thumbup:

I wouldn't want to find those qualities in one person but good luck with that anyhow.
Two-fer. :lmao:

Um, no. Your homeowner's policy should spell out your deductible for stuctural damage. They can't just change those terms without notifying you. Unless that change was made prior to your renewal of the policy and you simply didn't notice the modified language, they can't just change the terms of your coverage.

I remember now. When we moved to our new home (the one that was subsiquently damaged), my wife called AIG to notify them of the move and that we wanted the exact same coverage as we had before.

"Exact same" to them apparently meant the same price point, where to us it meant the same coverage. They didn't bother to detail the differences in coverage when we renewed the policy.

Or something like that. Either way, they weren't very helpful. So now I'm on the hook for around $7k for my roof.

Archived