What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NY Style Pizza vs Chicago Pizza (1 Viewer)

Which is best?

• New York Style

Votes: 210 70.2%
  • Chicago Style

Votes: 89 29.8%

• Total voters
I love the internet!

ETA: Unless chicago style wins this... :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
It has also been suggested that one reason why (Sherpas) are widely used as porters is that they have fewer dietary prohibitions than most people of the region and are prepared to eat whatever is available to them on expeditions.
Now it makes sense - you'll eat anything.

Chicago - and it's not close.

NY style = great pizza

Chicago style = tomato and cheese casserole

Both very good in their own way, but only one is great pizza.

NY style = great pizzaChicago style = tomato and cheese casseroleBoth very good in their own way, but only one is great pizza.
The corollary should be NY Style within the boundries of Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island and maybe Nassau, Westchester as far as White Plains and Port Chester and northern Jersey. Any other "NY Style" like from Pizza Slut is but a pale comparison.

I live in Chicago and I prefer New York style. A nice deep dish at Pequod's is pretty comforting in the dead of winter though.

NY style = great pizzaChicago style = tomato and cheese casseroleBoth very good in their own way, but only one is great pizza.
The corollary should be NY Style within the boundries of Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Staten Island and maybe Nassau, Westchester as far as White Plains and Port Chester and northern Jersey. Any other "NY Style" like from Pizza Slut is but a pale comparison.
:lmao: I have a found few elsewhere that could compete... and even then it would not be much of a fight.

it's pizza. There may be varying degrees of awesomeness, but, it's still pizza.

I'm a huge fan of Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago, and have never been to NYC to taste the real thing there, so I voted Chicago.

Pizza is like sex. Even when it's bad, it's good. That being said, I had authentic Chicago style when I was in Chicago last year on business, and the dough is so thick it's impossible to get the inside cooked without burning the outside. Between New York style and Chicago style, I'll take New York in a landslide. Although pizza in Philadelphia area is pretty good. Pizza in Washington, DC is terrible: it's like eating cardboard with sauce and cheese.

Since New Haven Style wasn't an option, I'll go with new York, which I assume should win in a landslide, but I'll find out when I actually vote.

L&B is in NY so I have to pick NY

But a deep dish from Malnati's is awesome

And the white clam pie from Pepe's in New Haven is top notch

DeLorenzo Tomato Pie in Trenton is by far my local favorite place.

it's pizza. There may be varying degrees of awesomeness, but, it's still pizza.

I'm a huge fan of Pizzeria Uno in downtown Chicago, and have never been to NYC to taste the real thing there, so I voted Chicago.
There are Unos all over the country - awful. :hey:
Lou Malnati's, Ginos East and Giordanos are all far superior chains (although I don't believe any of them have expanded beyond Chicagoland)

I'm from Chicago, so I'm biased to start off with.

CHICAGO STYLE PIZZA SUCKS!!!

It's like eating a loaf of bread with some tomato sauce on it.

Thin crust is where it's at - where it's ALWAYS been at - and where it should always be at.

They opened a UNOs by me and I was pumped up...it is fair at best.
Ever had any pizza around here better than Buddy's? As far as the poll goes, I'll give NY style a very slight edge.
Buddys would probably win in a taste test. It is in between Chi and NY. with a medium crust.
Buddy's would kill any NY or CHI pizza in a landslide.
Can you explain this Buddy's pizza for the rest of the country? What's the difference?

L&B is in NY so I have to pick NYBut a deep dish from Malnati's is awesomeAnd the white clam pie from Pepe's in New Haven is top notchDeLorenzo Tomato Pie in Trenton is by far my local favorite place.
I live in Ewing. I go to DeLorenzo a few times a month. Great pizza. And NY style. By a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread