Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Should non-profits have to abide by the no-call list?

Juxtatarot

Should they?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's hard to identify a greater government success over the last decade than the national no-call list. Many of us have experienced a vast reduction in annoying phone calls and we are truly grateful. Non-profits, however, are exempt. Therefore, we still get a number of calls asking for donations.

Should they be included with all other telemarketers? Keep in mind that the charities themselves are rarely calling. It is normally a telemarketing company that keeps the majority of your "donation".

It's hard to identify a greater government success over the last decade than the national no-call list. Many of us have experienced a vast reduction in annoying phone calls and we are truly grateful. Non-profits, however, are exempt. Therefore, we still get a number of calls asking for donations.Should they be included with all other telemarketers? Keep in mind that the charities themselves are rarely calling. It is normally a telemarketing company that keeps the majority of your "donation".

Yes, they absolutely should have to abide. They also use guilt factors: "Don't you want to support the firefighters" or the one that made me the most angry "Don't you care about the fight against children's cancer?" I never lose my temper over the phone, but I almost blasted that person into the middle of next week. A good sized portion of the donation goes to the blasted telemarketers.For the record, we do charitable donations.

Archived