What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Scotch Whisky Thread (2 Viewers)

Me too. 

I realize that these are basically polar opposites. 

I came into this thread initially because I was looking for a bourbon that had hints of dark chocolate and smokiness. Bourbon thread sent me to scotches if I wanted smoke. 

The Glenmorangie Signet seems to fit that profile.  Rave reviews. I am excited for it. 

Now, I have only had one other scotch — the Taliskers distillers edition. Which I like fine, but the flavor I really liked from it was the smoke — the first time I had it I thought it was like smoking a cigar (in a good way). But I think my palate has adjusted and the smoke doesn’t hit as hard. 

So now I ordered the smoke bomb Ardberg 10. Hopefully it isn’t too much, but I am looking for a mouth full of smoke and they describe some citrus or creamy to it as well which should be to my liking. We shall see. 
Ardbeg 10 is about as smoky as it gets. Ardbeg has some good newer lines. Corryvreken is probably worth trying for you.

https://www.ardbeg.com/en-US/whisky/ultimate-range/corryvreckan

Me too. 

I realize that these are basically polar opposites. 

I came into this thread initially because I was looking for a bourbon that had hints of dark chocolate and smokiness. Bourbon thread sent me to scotches if I wanted smoke. 

The Glenmorangie Signet seems to fit that profile.  Rave reviews. I am excited for it. 

Now, I have only had one other scotch — the Taliskers distillers edition. Which I like fine, but the flavor I really liked from it was the smoke — the first time I had it I thought it was like smoking a cigar (in a good way). But I think my palate has adjusted and the smoke doesn’t hit as hard. 

So now I ordered the smoke bomb Ardberg 10. Hopefully it isn’t too much, but I am looking for a mouth full of smoke and they describe some citrus or creamy to it as well which should be to my liking. We shall see. 
You should try the Lagavulin 16 imo.  It should rock your world.

Two dumb questions:

1. Do you guys keep your scotch in the nice boxes they come in?  Or only of it is particularly a special bottle/box?

2. Do you decant any of your spirits? I have a nice decanter that has been empty for 10 years. But never wanted to fill it. What would you even fill it with?  

Both of these I drank neat in a glencairn glass.

Glenmorangie Signet. 

Very good.  Before getting into the scotch itself, I just have to comment on the presentation.  This is a show piece.  The stopper is so substantial and heavy, you have to be careful not to drop it the first time, because it is unexpected.

You get immediate notes of bitter chocolate when you open the bottle.  Same on the nose, with maybe a hint of coffee.  Beautiful amber color. 

This is sweet, like a bourbon.  Chocolate and alcohol is what I tasted mostly.  I get more heat than anticipated at 92 proof.  No smoke at all -- was hoping for a little at least.  I compare this (with my limited repertoire) to Woodford Double Oaked, but thicker.   Interestingly enough, when the glass is empty, I really was able to smell the chocolate and coffee notes more intensely.  

I tried this again with a bit of water.  I would say mostly the same.  A little more on the nose and less heat of course.  Enjoyable, especially is you prefer bourbon and don't want peat.

Ardbeg 10 Year

This is a campfire in a bottle.  And I mean that in a good way.  The contrast between this and the Signet is at every level.  Nothing to write home about on the presentation.  The bottle and stopper are standard.  The pale yellow color makes it look thin, but it does actually have legs.

Nose is all smoke and a bit of sea.  Char and lemongrass is what I taste.  Maybe a bit of cream/marshmallow at the finish, with a little burn and a nice linger of smoke.  Quite enjoyable.  I need to drink this again!

I feel like I am changing over from a bourbon guy into a scotch guy.  I need to keep drinking to refine my nose and palate though, so that I can keep trying and enjoying new things!

Two dumb questions:

1. Do you guys keep your scotch in the nice boxes they come in?  Or only of it is particularly a special bottle/box?

2. Do you decant any of your spirits? I have a nice decanter that has been empty for 10 years. But never wanted to fill it. What would you even fill it with?  

I don't keep the boxes and don't decant.  A really nice whisky might last me a year or so and at minimum will be open for a few months.  I have a decanter but don't think the whisky will last that long in it.

I kind of want to treat myself for my birthday this month.

Has anyone had The Macallan 18 double cask?  This seems to be the "best" Macallan under $1000 available on the PA website right now.  There also are the 12 and 15 year.  I think both single and double casks available at lower prices than the 18.

I also am looking for something else that is peaty.  Lagavulin16 keeps popping up everywhere.  I have the Ardbeg 10 and like it -- should I stick with them and get a different variation?  Or go Lagavulin or something else, if wanting something "special"?

Has anyone had The Macallan 18 double cask?  This seems to be the "best" Macallan under $1000 available on the PA website right now.  There also are the 12 and 15 year.  I think both single and double casks available at lower prices than the 18.

I also am looking for something else that is peaty.  Lagavulin16 keeps popping up everywhere.  I have the Ardbeg 10 and like it -- should I stick with them and get a different variation?  Or go Lagavulin or something else, if wanting something "special"?
Go Lagavulin.

Lagavulin is my favorite regular drinker. It is much richer than Arbeg. 

I was going to suggest Laphroaig 18 for the something special, but it seems you can't get it anymore. 

Balvanie 21 Port wood is a nice treat yourself whiskey. Nectar of the gods 

Both of these I drank neat in a glencairn glass.

Glenmorangie Signet. 

Very good.  Before getting into the scotch itself, I just have to comment on the presentation.  This is a show piece.  The stopper is so substantial and heavy, you have to be careful not to drop it the first time, because it is unexpected.

You get immediate notes of bitter chocolate when you open the bottle.  Same on the nose, with maybe a hint of coffee.  Beautiful amber color. 

This is sweet, like a bourbon.  Chocolate and alcohol is what I tasted mostly.  I get more heat than anticipated at 92 proof.  No smoke at all -- was hoping for a little at least.  I compare this (with my limited repertoire) to Woodford Double Oaked, but thicker.   Interestingly enough, when the glass is empty, I really was able to smell the chocolate and coffee notes more intensely.  

I tried this again with a bit of water.  I would say mostly the same.  A little more on the nose and less heat of course.  Enjoyable, especially is you prefer bourbon and don't want peat.

I like Signet a lot. It is an indulgent experience (and price). Always like it after a nice dinner out when I get back home.

Lagavulin is my favorite regular drinker. It is much richer than Arbeg. 

I was going to suggest Laphroaig 18 for the something special, but it seems you can't get it anymore. 

Balvanie 21 Port wood is a nice treat yourself whiskey. Nectar of the gods 

I am usually not a big scotch guy but I do like to have a nice bottle on hand for special occasions - what would you say is a good price for the Balvenie - my local BevMo happens to have it in stock but it is $250 (marked down from $286). Not sure I can justify that, but if the right mood hits me I may be running down there -- I do have about $75 in gift cards that I was waiting for a decent bottle of bourbon to pop available, but maybe I'll swing for the scotch

Two dumb questions:

Catching up on this thread.  Use the decanter as an infinity bottle - I have 2 - one for Rye and one for Bourbon.  You can mix anything you’d like and I find it a lot of fun.

I've had the Macallan 12 double cask; just a drop of water turned it from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde in a good way.

As for peaty, I don't know what you've had, and my experience with peat are in the less expensive (i.e., not necessarily single malt) price range other than Lagavulin 16.  The cheapest I've had is For Peat's Sake (~$18 at Total Wine); it's good for when you have an itch for peat but don't need complexity. Hamilton's has an Islay version for under $25 which also is less complex than the others but is very enjoyable, especially when adding a splash of water to really open it up. Scarabus is a little over $30 and is a flattering imitation of Lagavulin at nearly 1/3 the cost. It's more smokey than the previous ones I've mentioned but it's not overpowering. Smokehead, despite having 'smoke' in the title, is also reminiscent of Lagavulin.  The smokey note is toward the front but after that you get some complexity and a lot of peatiness.  I didn't like it at first, but kept going back to it when I was trying to stretch my Lagavulin (bought it for my birthday last year and am still nursing it along until my next birthday comes and I'll buy myself another one). They have several different versions but I had the basic one, which runs ~$55-60.  Laphfroaig 10 may be a good choice, as it doesn't have the smoke and iodine that Lagavulin has. I've put Compass Box Peat Monster and Talisker 10 on my Christmas wish list, but I haven't tried them yet so can't report on them.

On one hand, spending more on Scotch usually pays off, but as you can see, I live in the lower-rent district and am pretty happy with the small handful of brands I've tried.

P.S.--if you're ever looking for a real challenge to your palate, drop $10 on Glen Logie. It presents itself as a cheap mixer, but a splash of water opens up some notes you wouldn't expect from such cheap blend.  It sort of turns into an Irish Whiskey, and I think I tasted celery in there at some point. Definitely have to go into it with an open mind.

:hophead:

Leeroy Jenkins said:
So you use for your main “good” cocktail mixer?
I honestly don’t know what you mean GB.

You can look it up online but an Infinity bottle is just blending whatever you like in your decanter.  It can be low end, high end, whatever.  Some people will blend ryes and bourbons or even try to do something like High West Campfire with bourbon and scotch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don’t know what you mean GB.

You can look it up online but an Infinity bottle is just blending whatever you like in your decanter.  It can be low end, high end, whatever.  Some people will blend ryes and bourbons or even try to do something like High West Campfire with bourbon and scotch.
Had never heard that term before. 

acarey50 said:
I am usually not a big scotch guy but I do like to have a nice bottle on hand for special occasions - what would you say is a good price for the Balvenie - my local BevMo happens to have it in stock but it is $250 (marked down from $286). Not sure I can justify that, but if the right mood hits me I may be running down there -- I do have about $75 in gift cards that I was waiting for a decent bottle of bourbon to pop available, but maybe I'll swing for the scotch
$250 is a pretty good price. I think that is about what my last bottle was. 

Just got my bottle of The Sassenach, limited batch release. It's a blended highland scotch from Sam Heughan's (Outlander) distillery. Will be interesting to see if it's good or just another star promoted spirit like Aviation or Casamigos.

For a couple of years I've been debating picking up a bottle of Drambuie but couldn't justify the cost due to not being a big Scotch fan and honestly I was confused by it being labeled a Scotch whiskey liqueur.  Finally picked up a bottle in a hole in the wall liquor store for $27 (almost always see it for $40 around here) and damn, this stuff is delicious.  It's a little too rich to drink neat but could easily be enjoyed on the rocks or, as I'm doing now, in a Rusty Nail (Monkey Shoulder).  So, for all your Scotch drinkers I highly recommend picking up a bottle of this and making a Rusty Nail.

Catching up on this thread.  Use the decanter as an infinity bottle - I have 2 - one for Rye and one for Bourbon.  You can mix anything you’d like and I find it a lot of fun.
So are you just dumping the end of bottles?  Mixing as you buy new ones you like?  How much of each new booze goes into the infinity bottle?  I like this idea but not sure how scientific I want/should get!

So are you just dumping the end of bottles?  Mixing as you buy new ones you like?  How much of each new booze goes into the infinity bottle?  I like this idea but not sure how scientific I want/should get!
Somewhat obvious but you can do whatever you want or makes sense to you.  I think most people either do a certain amount of whatever they choose to add - 1-2 oz. is probably most common.  Or when they get to the bottom of a bottle just dump in what’s left.

I take the first route - mine are less experimenting and more trying to make something I think will taste good.  I keep the contents in a Google sheet.

If you do decide to make one let us know how it goes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Somewhat obvious but you can do whatever you want or makes sense to you.  I think most people either do a certain amount of whatever they choose to add - 1-2 oz. is probably most common.  Or when they get to the bottom of a bottle just dump in what’s left.

I take the first route - mine are less experimenting and more trying to make something I think will taste good.  I keep the contents in a Google sheet.

If you do decide to make one let us know how it goes!
What’s yours so far?

I am going to do one for scotch I think. Just debating on whether to wait and just do end of bottles or maybe mix and Islay and a Highland now to add some smoke to something sweet.  Which, given my current limited stock, would both end up being Ardbeg 10 and Glenmorangie Signet anyway. 

Went with that Talisker Distiller’s edition neat last night. Still not amazing, but it is a nice drinker imo. A little bitter, some sea air and iodine, with lingering light smoke. 

What’s yours so far?
AAA Bourbon Infinity bottle (sorry Scotch fans):

Knob Creek Small Batch 

Old Forrester 86

Buffalo Trace 

Early Times 

Elijah Craig SB SP - Citi 

1792 SB SP - Dixie

Eagle Rare 

Evan Williams BiB

Woodford Wheat 

Smoke Wagon SB

Elijah Craig BP (C920)

Wilderness Trail - (High Rye MB) Family Reserve 

Knob Creek SiB

Makers Cask Strength 

Chattanooga 1816

Wild Turkey 101

Buffalo Trace 

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Chattanooga 111

Woodford Double Oaked 

Weller Special Reserve 

AAA Bourbon Infinity bottle (sorry Scotch fans):

Knob Creek Small Batch 

Old Forrester 86

Buffalo Trace 

Early Times 

Elijah Craig SB SP - Citi 

1792 SB SP - Dixie

Eagle Rare 

Evan Williams BiB

Woodford Wheat 

Smoke Wagon SB

Elijah Craig BP (C920)

Wilderness Trail - (High Rye MB) Family Reserve 

Knob Creek SiB

Makers Cask Strength 

Chattanooga 1816

Wild Turkey 101

Buffalo Trace 

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

Chattanooga 111

Woodford Double Oaked 

Weller Special Reserve 
So what’s it like?  Are you adding Buffalo Trace a few times to bring the flavor profile back when you don’t quite like it?

So what’s it like?  Are you adding Buffalo Trace a few times to bring the flavor profile back when you don’t quite like it?
My recollection was that one was a store pick and the other non-SP.  It’s good - not fantastic or anything but really good.  It’s right around 100 proof which is a sweet spot, IMO, for a daily bourbon drinker.  My goal with mine is to have something sweet, classic bourbon flavors without a lot of oak.  

Some cyber monday deals out there.  I am limited in PA with what I can get, so I just went with:

• The Macallan Double Cask 12yr, 86 Proof 
  • Port Charlotte 10yr, 100proof
  • Laphroaig 10yr, 80 proof

Wanted some more peaty ones, and figured just have a Macallan on hand.

Taking a poll.

Pick 2.

I need to return the Macallan 12 double cask that I got online. I didn’t realize it was a huge 1.75L bottle …..

Lagavulin 16

Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition 

Balvenie 14yr Caribbean Cask

Macallan 12

Macallan 15

Taking a poll.

Pick 2.

I need to return the Macallan 12 double cask that I got online. I didn’t realize it was a huge 1.75L bottle …..

Lagavulin 16

Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition 

Balvenie 14yr Caribbean Cask

Macallan 12

Macallan 15

Didn't think that would come in a 1.75L bottle. No wonder you can swap that for any 2 of the ones you listed.

My 2 choices would be definitely Lagavulin 16 for the first choice, and I'd probably take a chance on the Macallan 15 for the second.

FWIW, I really like Macallan 12 double cask with a splash of water. 

Whomever ever said I would enjoy the Lagavulin 16 — You. Were. RIGHT!
I'm not ashamed to admit that I came to try Lagavulin from watching Parks and Rec during the early days of Covid quarantine. Not sure why, since I had always avoided anything stronger than beer up until then; maybe I was just bored. Regardless, I bought my first bottle about this time last year and really had no idea what to expect. In addition to the fact that alcohol wasn't the first thing I tasted, it was such a revelation to me that something that tasted like this would be so enjoyable.  I would even drink it if it were non-alcoholic. Going to finally finish that bottle tonight and replace it either today or tomorrow.  I love it but it's just too much for my budget.

FWIW, while only slightly comparable, I have tried to other brands that are Lagavulin-esque and cost significantly less; not saying there aren't others that you may like even more or are cheaper, just that these and remind me just enough of Lagavulin that they scratched the itch and saved my wallet: Smokehead (~$55-60, I got it for Christmas last year) and Scarabus (~$35, on my 2nd bottle now and am holding off until it goes on sale again).  I've been trying to keep a ceiling of $25, so I've grown accustomed to 'lesser' whiskys but they satisfy me nonetheless. My current go-to's are both less than $20 and for good or bad, seem to be Total Wine brands so I'll only ever find them there.

And while I'm at it, this is a PSA for one of the more 'challenging' brands I've tried: Glen Logie. At ~$10 for 750ml it sounds like it should be a mixer at best, but it has a taste that I still can't quite describe other than as 'offbeat', and I would swear it has a note reminiscent of celery in there somewhere. It's not bitter and could be smoother but it's not something that has to be choked down, either.  Not sure if this is another Total Wine only brand as I haven't seen it anywhere else, but at the price point, it's a fun change of pace. It's like sherbet: fancy restaurants serve it as a palate cleanser between meals, but it also works on its own. I got a 1.75ml bottle for $20. It came in a glass bottle--first time I've seen whisky in that quantity come in a glass bottle--and it will be my infinity bottle once I've emptied it.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I came to try Lagavulin from watching Parks and Rec during the early days of Covid quarantine. Not sure why, since I had always avoided anything stronger than beer up until then; maybe I was just bored. Regardless, I bought my first bottle about this time last year and really had no idea what to expect. In addition to the fact that alcohol wasn't the first thing I tasted, it was such a revelation to me that something that tasted like this would be so enjoyable.  I would even drink it if it were non-alcoholic. Going to finally finish that bottle tonight and replace it either today or tomorrow.  I love it but it's just too much for my budget.

I have never seen the show.

I was expecting this to really punch me in the face, but it did not.  I mean it is a smoke-bomb, but there is something else going to too.  It is bold and gentle at the same time.

On the nose I got the immediate smoke and iodine, but then also what seemed like red licorice to me (not the overly sweet kind).  Palate was smoke first, a little bitterness -- like coffee or espresso, and then I swear a hint of chocolate?  Finish is smoke and sea spray and it lingers.  Loved it.

I have never seen the show.

I was expecting this to really punch me in the face, but it did not.  I mean it is a smoke-bomb, but there is something else going to too.  It is bold and gentle at the same time.

On the nose I got the immediate smoke and iodine, but then also what seemed like red licorice to me (not the overly sweet kind).  Palate was smoke first, a little bitterness -- like coffee or espresso, and then I swear a hint of chocolate?  Finish is smoke and sea spray and it lingers.  Loved it.
Regarding Parks and Rec, I didn't watch it during its original run, but we were getting it free on Amazon Prime in the early days of quarantine, and I got through the whole series 2-3 times before it went away. There are tons of youtube clips of it. Look for Ron Swanson in particular. There's a subplot at one point where he's in the UK and goes to the Lagavulin distillery.  Also, if you're a fan of Chris Pratt, it's fun to see him in his early days and you can see where he refined his repertoire.

As for your tasting notes, my palate isn't that well developed, but I agree with your description.  My first impression was that it was like drinking a campfire in a good way; the thing about the smoke is that it evokes the specific association with smoke from a campfire as opposed to a more generic kind of smoky aftertaste I get when adding a splash of water to Macallan or Laphroaig.

Before trying Lagavulin, I always associated liquor with having that alcohol burn right out of the gate, but I'm finding even the cheaper brands, while still having some of that burn, usually give you a lot of other flavors first, so it's not as offputting. In my exploration of lower cost brands, I'm finding that around $20 for 750ml is about the cutoff where the ethanol is closest to the front and then starts moving further back as the price/quality goes up. Still, I'm tempted when I see low price points of brands like Black Velvet (and even some of the once-popular brands that have faded, i.e. Cutty Sark, Chivas, etc.), and am trying to find some lower-priced bourbons that don't punch me in the face first as well.

Regarding Parks and Rec, I didn't watch it during its original run, but we were getting it free on Amazon Prime in the early days of quarantine, and I got through the whole series 2-3 times before it went away. There are tons of youtube clips of it. Look for Ron Swanson in particular. There's a subplot at one point where he's in the UK and goes to the Lagavulin distillery.  Also, if you're a fan of Chris Pratt, it's fun to see him in his early days and you can see where he refined his repertoire.

As for your tasting notes, my palate isn't that well developed, but I agree with your description.  My first impression was that it was like drinking a campfire in a good way; the thing about the smoke is that it evokes the specific association with smoke from a campfire as opposed to a more generic kind of smoky aftertaste I get when adding a splash of water to Macallan or Laphroaig.

Before trying Lagavulin, I always associated liquor with having that alcohol burn right out of the gate, but I'm finding even the cheaper brands, while still having some of that burn, usually give you a lot of other flavors first, so it's not as offputting. In my exploration of lower cost brands, I'm finding that around $20 for 750ml is about the cutoff where the ethanol is closest to the front and then starts moving further back as the price/quality goes up. Still, I'm tempted when I see low price points of brands like Black Velvet (and even some of the once-popular brands that have faded, i.e. Cutty Sark, Chivas, etc.), and am trying to find some lower-priced bourbons that don't punch me in the face first as well.
In this vein, I also enjoy sniffing the empty glass after drinking Lagavulin.

I have now tried each of my short Scotch bench.

The Macallan 15:  I enjoyed this.  There was a little more alcohol bite than I was expecting, but it still was pretty smooth, and smoothed out as I sipped.  Sherry and butterscotch on the nose.  Some spice, dried fruit, and vanilla on the palate.  Sweeter on the finish I thought.  

Port Charlotte Heavily Peated 10:  Some smoke on the nose, but not as much as I was expecting.  This was the first time I got the "band aid" smell that I have seen people reference on other Scotches.  Very very smooth for 100 proof.  A little sweet.  Plum maybe?  Not a strong finish.

Laphroaig 10:  I was expecting a smoke bomb here, but it didn't hit that hard.  Seemed a bit thin and bland to me actually.  Not terrible by any means, but IMO the Ardbeg 10 is far superior for a similar dram.

So, my definitive rankings of my Magnificent Seven are:

1. Lagavulin 16 (by far)
  2. Ardbeg 10
  3. Talisker Distiller's Edition
  4. Glenmorangie Signet
  5. Macallan 15 Double Barrel
  6. Port Charlotte Heavily Peated 10yr
  7. Laphroaig 10

I have now tried each of my short Scotch bench.

The Macallan 15:  I enjoyed this.  There was a little more alcohol bite than I was expecting, but it still was pretty smooth, and smoothed out as I sipped.  Sherry and butterscotch on the nose.  Some spice, dried fruit, and vanilla on the palate.  Sweeter on the finish I thought.  

Port Charlotte Heavily Peated 10:  Some smoke on the nose, but not as much as I was expecting.  This was the first time I got the "band aid" smell that I have seen people reference on other Scotches.  Very very smooth for 100 proof.  A little sweet.  Plum maybe?  Not a strong finish.

Laphroaig 10:  I was expecting a smoke bomb here, but it didn't hit that hard.  Seemed a bit thin and bland to me actually.  Not terrible by any means, but IMO the Ardbeg 10 is far superior for a similar dram.

So, my definitive rankings of my Magnificent Seven are:

1. Lagavulin 16 (by far)
  2. Ardbeg 10
  3. Talisker Distiller's Edition
  4. Glenmorangie Signet
  5. Macallan 15 Double Barrel
  6. Port Charlotte Heavily Peated 10yr
  7. Laphroaig 10
Out of curiosity, did you add water to any of them? The smoke and peat came out to play when I added a splash of water to Laphroaig 10 and made it much more interesting.  The Macallan 15 and Port Charlotte are on my radar but unless I get one of them at Christmas, they'll have to wait. Ardbeg 10 is on my Christmas list and I can imagine a salesman at Total Wine trying to guide her towards the An Oa or Uigedail versions instead. :grad:

Out of curiosity, did you add water to any of them? The smoke and peat came out to play when I added a splash of water to Laphroaig 10 and made it much more interesting.  The Macallan 15 and Port Charlotte are on my radar but unless I get one of them at Christmas, they'll have to wait. Ardbeg 10 is on my Christmas list and I can imagine a salesman at Total Wine trying to guide her towards the An Oa or Uigedail versions instead. :grad:

Only to the Ardbeg, Talisker and the Signet.  I will add a few drops on my next go arounds to the others -- I always forget about that.

We are unusually ahead of schedule for Christmas, with just about everything except stockings already under the tree, and I've noticed two gifts that I'm guessing are contain some sort of spirits. Based on the fact that I sent my wife a shopping list I built on Total Wine's app, they are both probably some sort of whisky. 

One is a box, the other a cylinder.  I'm anticipating Ardbeg 10 and Compass Box Peat Monster, but one of them is from my son and he doesn't have the money for either of those, so I'm also not sure what to expect.  I'll be happy no matter what they end up being, just wanted to get my predictions down now.

FWIW, here's the entire list:

Ardbeg 10

Bowmore 12

Compass Box Peat Monster

Lagavulin 8 (I haven't seen 16 on the shelves for a couple of months now)

Macallan 12 Double Cask

Scarabus

Smokey Joe

Talisker 10

Talisker Storm

Man that Peat Monster is unusual - I just can’t get in to it.  It makes me think somebody opened a box band-aids and poured a Scotch in it.  My buddy enjoys it so hope you do too!

Users who are viewing this thread