What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
My wife makes me watch this show. I actually enjoy it... enjoy watching this baffoon communicate like a 10 year old. Is he seriously brain dead? Last nights show had me rolling when that chick gave her story about her last husband dropping dead. LOL, I'm thinking he faked his death to get away from that crazy #####. Man -- I don't know but I seriously think that blonde Whitney girl is going to run away with this show. She is by far the smartest and most intelligent. The poor guy needs a girl like that to help him through life.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife makes me watch this show. I actually enjoy it... enjoy watching this baffoon communicate like a 10 year old. Is he seriously brain dead? Last nights show had me rolling when that chick gave her story about her last husband dropping dead. LOL, I'm thinking he faked his death to get away from that crazy #####. Man -- I don't know but I seriously think that blonde Whitney girl is going to run away with this show. She is by far the smartest and most intelligent. The poor guy needs a girl like that to help him through life.
I just read an article on the infamous late Mr. Sanderson Poe. Dude was 42. It's not like he was some young, fit dude who just dropped dead randomly. Not saying he's "old," but he's not as young as she is. They gave it the spin that he was this younger guy.

From a personality standpoint, this is the worst batch of contestants I've seen on this show. Schtick or not, more than the usual number of these women seem like truly loathsome and/or useless people.

The girl who thought New Mexico was a different country had to be kidding, right? Her bit at the end had me rolling, she is wearing the hat talking about needing a Mexican song and then busts out a Native American chant.

Kelsey is destined to win. After all, her husband dying is an "Amazing" story and now she is on an "Amazing" Journey. It will just be "Amazing" when her and Chris end up together.
In fairness to Kelsey, almost all women are crazy. Having your young husband drop dead out of nowhere would send any chick outside of the unicorn zone well off the reservation.
I think you are giving her too much of a pass. The way she was talking about her husband's death was downright creepy. Not everyone reacts to death that way, thank goodness.

And nobody said I had to be fair when I watch the Bachelor!
I actually went to bed scared that she was going to kill me in my sleep, even though I don't know her. I got chills watching that, not in a good way.

So glad you guys convinced me to watch this season. Who would have thought that the girl who talks to onions or whatever (Ashley?) would be at worst the second craziest one?

Agree that Whitney is making a run. Her voice wasn't even as annoying last night.

Was a big fan of Carly during her date, but as someone mentioned she turned too catty later.

Oh, and he looked totally uncomfortable "making out" with Kelsey. I don't think he was much of a willing participant in that.

I just read an article on the infamous late Mr. Sanderson Poe. Dude was 42. It's not like he was some young, fit dude who just dropped dead randomly. Not saying he's "old," but he's not as young as she is. They gave it the spin that he was this younger guy.
Unless I got some of the numbers wrong, it seemed like when they met she was 19 and he was 33.

From a personality standpoint, this is the worst batch of contestants I've seen on this show. Schtick or not, more than the usual number of these women seem like truly loathsome and/or useless people.
I agree...Just a lot of selfish, self-absorbed women. Whitney is definately one of the exceptions, but aside from being nice and genuine, I'm not sure she can differentiate herself enough. Carly is damaged goods and will have issues staying attached to him as he dates other girls if she sticks around.

Britt is in it for the TV time and will say (and probably do) whatever he wants, but if he ended up picking her, they'd probably last a month or two. Somebody needs to slap Ashley I...real hard...for being a spoiled little #####. Jade seems really nice and genuine, but not too deep mentally. The 21 y.o baby momma acts like she's 16 and clearly has a thing for aliens. Kelsey...well, we've covered her plenty thus far. And the New Mexico girl clearly traded the brains attribute for the boobs attribute (NTTATWWT)...the rest of them aren't very memorable to me.

Unless I got some of the numbers wrong, it seemed like when they met she was 19 and he was 33.
33 / 2 = 16.5 + 7 = 23.5.

Verdict: Cradle Robber.

Agree that Whitney is making a run. Her voice wasn't even as annoying last night.

Was a big fan of Carly during her date, but as someone mentioned she turned too catty later.
:rolleyes: I just typed that like 45 minutes ago

Agree that Whitney is making a run. Her voice wasn't even as annoying last night.Was a big fan of Carly during her date, but as someone mentioned she turned too catty later.
But honestly, I don't blame her. Chris and Britt broke one of the unwritten rules - no lip kisses in obvious view of other contestants. That was done in poor taste.

"Hi girl I just went out with and had a connection, please #### while I go wake up this other girl and make out with her before our date."

My GF looked at me with this look in her eye last night, that I kenw was just trouble...

Basically, this: "I know that if you're on the show, he's gonna be kissing other girls.. they all know that... and I mean, kissing another girl in front of you would be ####ty... but that's not what would piss me off... If he looked at me and "SSSSSHHH'd me, Id get up and walk out the house."

I laughed. But then I thought, wow... can you imagine some knucklehead who just swooned you telling you to SSHHHH while he heads over to another girl to get his peep wet? lol

My GF looked at me with this look in her eye last night, that I kenw was just trouble...

Basically, this: "I know that if you're on the show, he's gonna be kissing other girls.. they all know that... and I mean, kissing another girl in front of you would be ####ty... but that's not what would piss me off... If he looked at me and "SSSSSHHH'd me, Id get up and walk out the house."

I laughed. But then I thought, wow... can you imagine some knucklehead who just swooned you telling you to SSHHHH while he heads over to another girl to get his peep wet? lol
:lmao:

They just "took a nap."

:rolleyes: I just typed that like 45 minutes ago
:lmao: I was typing on my phone, had read the posts earlier, and couldn't scroll up to see who it was.

Agree that Whitney is making a run. Her voice wasn't even as annoying last night.Was a big fan of Carly during her date, but as someone mentioned she turned too catty later.
But honestly, I don't blame her. Chris and Britt broke one of the unwritten rules - no lip kisses in obvious view of other contestants. That was done in poor taste.

"Hi girl I just went out with and had a connection, please #### while I go wake up this other girl and make out with her before our date."
Good point.

Not showering for two weeks eclipses rampant raging butt hair as the nastiest element of these otherwise lovely ladies.
I believe this shower thing approximately 0%.

Ain't no broad on this planet walking around with a 2 week dank coochie and skin tight pants and looking THAT good. Nor would you be hopping into bed with someone who smelled like a homeless dude, no matter how good she looks

She applies makeup to go to bed they said.

Just some shtick she's pulling w the other girls, who are somehow believing it
Or they're just making it up. In any case, pure silliness. Agreed that she sure does look good. (Damn!)

To the extent that this matters, I think Carly and Becca have the best personalities, although Britt is pretty close in that department too and Jade (the Cinderella gal from last week who looks like Robin Tunney, and who also has some nice noodz out there) seems sweet. Carly was a little too catty about Britt, tho.

And Samantha spoke! Kelsey is completely, off-the-reservation nuts.
There's Kaitlyn (the girl from Canada) and then there is everybody else. She is way too good for this bozo and is leaps and bounds more interesting than any other female on this show.

And I thought Samantha was voted out last week. :bag: She's done nothing on this show.

The girl who thought New Mexico was a different country had to be kidding, right? Her bit at the end had me rolling, she is wearing the hat talking about needing a Mexican song and then busts out a Native American chant.
It's this type of vapidity that makes me miss Mr. Pickles' blog about this show. Her chant at the end was Reggie White level racist stuff.

How many of these girls have college degrees? I'm going to guess (without looking:

- Whitney: Don't get to be a fertility doctor with a GED

- Samantha: Smart enough not to open her mouth and remove any doubt

- Kelsey: If indeed she is a guidance counselor (and this is so rich it makes Bill Gates uncomfortable), I'm guessing there's commuity college at the very least in her past

- Kaitlyn: Maybe....MAYBE some Canadian college in her. However, I'm getting the sense that she's a snow boarder who learned her smarts travelling the globe. She's by far the wittiest of them all and IMO the coolest by a long shot. But I am not convinced there's a diploma hanging in her ski lodge.

Not a chance in the world Brit, Jade, McKenzie, Carly or Ashley L attended any college on any level. In fact, I'm guessing a few of them dropped out of HS (I'm looking hard at you, McKenzie, Brit and Carly).

Can't get a read on Becca. She's a chiropractic assistant and since I think that whole industry is populated with mountebanks, I'm not sure I buy a college background for her. But she's not an idiot like some of the others.

Ashley aka "Freelance Writer" is basically a facade for Blogger. Guarantee it.

Also, 110% not a virgin. Also, comparing her "sad story" of being a virgin to the "death of a husband"... she was literally upset someone had a "sadder story"

How do people like this get thru life? Honestly.

Also, 110% not a virgin. Also, comparing her "sad story" of being a virgin to the "death of a husband"... she was literally upset someone had a "sadder story"

They are coddled and told they are pretty and interesting by guys who long to peirce their orifaces.

They are coddled and told they are pretty and interesting by guys who long to peirce their orifaces.
prostitutes are sooooo much cheaper.

One of (many) big laughs last night was when she was whining that she wasn't going to be able to compete because "her story is more tragic than...[pause] [pause] ME." She had "mine" right there on the tip of her tongue but couldn't quite grasp it.

I also liked how she kept saying that some girls weren't "wife material", all the while wearing basically a negligee to the cocktail party. When sitting outside Chris had put his coat and a blanket on her to cover her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's been saving the V, but given up the A.

Also agree with GM re Kaitlyn, my favorite from the beginning. :thumbup: Doubt he'll choose her; she seems way too together and cool for him.

One of (many) big laughs last night was when she was whining that she wasn't going to be able to compete because "her story is more tragic than...[pause] [pause] ME." She had "mine" right there on the tip of her tongue but couldn't quite grasp it.

I also liked how she kept saying that some girls weren't "wife material", all the while wearing basically a negligee to the cocktail party. When sitting outside Chris had put his coat and a blanket on her to cover her.
:lmao: :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:
the mere fact that she believes virginity to be "tragic" proves she's basically been deflowered since 12yrs old.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:
It's this type of vapidity that makes me miss Mr. Pickles' blog about this show. Her chant at the end was Reggie White level racist stuff.

How many of these girls have college degrees? I'm going to guess (without looking:

- Kelsey: If indeed she is a guidance counselor (and this is so rich it makes Bill Gates uncomfortable), I'm guessing there's commuity college at the very least in her past

- Kaitlyn: Maybe....MAYBE some Canadian college in her. However, I'm getting the sense that she's a snow boarder who learned her smarts travelling the globe. She's by far the wittiest of them all and IMO the coolest by a long shot. But I am not convinced there's a diploma hanging in her ski lodge.

Not a chance in the world Brit, Jade, McKenzie, Carly or Ashley L attended any college on any level. In fact, I'm guessing a few of them dropped out of HS (I'm looking hard at you, McKenzie, Brit and Carly).

Can't get a read on Becca. She's a chiropractic assistant and since I think that whole industry is populated with mountebanks, I'm not sure I buy a college background for her. But she's not an idiot like some of the others.
NYU and OU. Swing. Whiff.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Really? And she's a Carnival Cruise Ship performer with those credentials? Huh. She sure doesn't strike me as very advanced in the head.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Wait, she's the sister of another contestant from the Bachelorette....you know this family. Right? Notebook is not Pickles Level good, but I think I recall this.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Really? And she's a Carnival Cruise Ship performer with those credentials? Huh. She sure doesn't strike me as very advanced in the head.
She seemed pretty smart to me, at least compared to the rest. Also have lots of friends who are very book smart but also talented enough to do creative jobs for their careers. Think I've heard before that those sorts of gigs pay pretty well.

Carly, Kaitlyn and Whitney seem heads and shoulders smarter than the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Wait, she's the sister of another contestant from the Bachelorette....you know this family. Right? Notebook is not Pickles Level good, but I think I recall this.
ORLY? :popcorn: :badnotebookheretoo:

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

She seemed pretty smart to me, at least compared to the rest. Also have lots of friends who are very book smart but also talented enough to do creative jobs for their careers. Think I've heard before that those sorts of gigs pay pretty well.

Carly, Kaitlyn and Whitney seem heads and shoulders smarter than the rest.
If I had any talent, I'd apply them to the cruise ship industry. Especially after the twins get here. She's not as dumb as the others, but I certainly wasn't picking up advanced degree. My wife was angry at her "I just want a guy to make me feel beautiful" garbage. Confidence not strong in this one.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Remember Zak? He was a contestant during Jillian's reign. I think he made it pretty far. I liked him. Much more interesting than the dildo they have serving as the Bachelor now. Pretty sure this poster knows him IRL and a little googling reveals that Carly is his sister.

Ah yes, I vaguely remember that. I liked Zak.

I see why the lovely Mrs. Malaise didn't like the "need a guy to tell me I'm beautiful" bit, but I took it more that she is usually appreciated for other reasons (seemingly pretty grounded and intelligent) and felt like she couldn't compare in the looks department with the other girls there. And, with apologies to friend of the family, IMO she isn't as physically beautiful as most of the others, but like Whitney she is appealing as a total package.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Yes. My wife's cousins. Carly went to NYU for a while and then OU as a theatre major. I don't know if she graduated.

I'll open the floor to questions. Ready...go...

Ah yes, I vaguely remember that. I liked Zak.

I see why the lovely Mrs. Malaise didn't like the "need a guy to tell me I'm beautiful" bit, but I took it more that she is usually appreciated for other reasons (seemingly pretty grounded and intelligent) and felt like she couldn't compare in the looks department with the other girls there. And, with apologies to friend of the family, IMO she isn't as physically beautiful as most of the others, but like Whitney she is appealing as a total package.
We chuckle every time one of these girls exits the show in a teary mess, uttering "If I can't find love here, WHERE WILL I FIND LOVE"....come on. You're pretty. Some of you even have some brains. You telling me these girls are scruffing along in real life? Hell, move to Portland. You'll be descended upon immediately here. Carly isn't AS attractive as some of the girls, but she's very pretty and I'm sure her past is littered with good looking guys who pined hard for her. She may be an LA 6, but she's a Portland 8.5.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Yes. My wife's cousins. Carly went to NYU for a while and then OU as a theatre major. I don't know if she graduated.

Has Carly struggled in the past to find a boyfriend? Are any of her past boyfriends decent to good looking guys?

Whitney has grown on me. Voice is obnoxious, but she seems to be able to throttle it down a bit. Smart and pretty beats hot any day of the week. I couldn't road trip with Brit to the neighborhood Rite Aid without wanting to leap out of the car.

General Malaise said:
Baloney Sandwich said:

Has Carly struggled in the past to find a boyfriend? Are any of her past boyfriends decent to good looking guys?
Isn't she the one who said she was in a relationship for two years with a guy who didn't want to touch her? What's the deal with that? She's a decent looking woman, so why would a guy be with her and not want to sex her? And what kind of self-worth must she have to put up with a guy who has zero interest in being physical with her for two years?

I've never met one of Carly's boyfriends. I've only been around her about 10 times in the 8 years I've been married. Much of those years she was on a cruise ship or in college. I've been around Zak a lot more because he'd pass through the in-laws more frequently.

I get the impression that the friend zone happens a lot for Carly. As far as the deep digging questions from Shrugs, whoa. I'd imagine she has the same struggles with guys as 90% of the other girls her age. I'd say it happens to a lot of nice girls that are with the wrong guy. She's a cool girl, good head on her shoulders, and will end up just fine in the self worth department.

I've never met one of Carly's boyfriends. I've only been around her about 10 times in the 8 years I've been married. Much of those years she was on a cruise ship or in college. I've been around Zak a lot more because he'd pass through the in-laws more frequently.

I get the impression that the friend zone happens a lot for Carly. As far as the deep digging questions from Shrugs, whoa. I'd imagine she has the same struggles with guys as 90% of the other girls her age. I'd say it happens to a lot of nice girls that are with the wrong guy. She's a cool girl, good head on her shoulders, and will end up just fine in the self worth department.
Well, when you see her next, tell her GM says "sorry for thinking she didn't go to college" and also "hey".

Users who are viewing this thread