What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Wait, I turned it off early last night. Did Jade not get a rose?? WTF is wrong with this guy?

He keeps Aunt Whitney (I find absolutely nothing, not a single thing attractive about her, I don't get it) and Boring Becca, and dumps two of the three hottest women there on principle?

I hope Kaitlyn will be our next bachelor. She won't win, because she is way too cool and interesting for this guy.

How in the world do you not nail Jade immediately after she shows you her pictures and videos? Complete clown.

I would have to imagine the virgin goes next and he ends up with Whitney, one of the least attractive of the whole lot. She does seem to have a lot of other things going for her though as she has a real job and decent personality.

If it goes this way it would make sense to the conundrum with picking the next Bachelorette. They probably feel Brit is too whacky, Becka is too pure and Jade is too dirty.

Even jade's brother calls her a wild stallion and this dope drops her a week before the fantasy suites?
Decent chance he has first hand experience, no doubt some weird stuff went down when the two of them were alone in that double-wide with fake brick facade they parked in a neighborhood and call a house. Nebraska looks as depressing as Iowa.

Britt seemed upset when she had to leave.
My forecast for her dismissal was that she would go RIGHT outside the front door and cry loudly and hope he came out to console her and change her mind. The first part happened...the second...not so much. Super fake.

The odd thing is that I honestly think she didn't dislike the other girls and didn't mean ill-will to them. She just expected to walk all over the competition and was unrealistic and fake. I think it genuinely hurt her that Carly ratted her out.

The dress Jade wore to the rose ceremony was awesome. Showed great side boob. He may not have cared that she posed for nude pictures, but he definitely did not want to deal with any potential fallout from his family over that.

He kept saying how he wanted to see her wild side. When he finally saw it, he couldn't handle it. I think he missed out on one of the greatest nights of his life in the fantasy suite with Jade. Kaitlyn will probably be fun, Whitney will be okay, Becca ain't happening. Jade would have rocked his world.

The dress Jade wore to the rose ceremony was awesome. Showed great side boob. He may not have cared that she posed for nude pictures, but he definitely did not want to deal with any potential fallout from his family over that.

He kept saying how he wanted to see her wild side. When he finally saw it, he couldn't handle it. I think he missed out on one of the greatest nights of his life in the fantasy suite with Jade. Kaitlyn will probably be fun, Whitney will be okay, Becca ain't happening. Jade would have rocked his world.
Honestly, if you disregard her looks, she really lacked substance. She was nice...that's about it. I don't feel like she had much of a personality. Don't get me wrong...SMOKIN' hot, but a bit dull.

am I the only one that likes Whitney?
I like her. She's not going to kill it IN the fantasy suite, but if I had to marry one of the ones left, she'd be the one. Being married myself, I realize that there's a lot more to a good marriage than teh secks. She seems fun, not too uptight (Becca) and reasonable. She's not a 10 looks-wise, but she'd still turn heads in most bars, despite what folks here may say. She's very pretty.

I'm still not sure if any of these women are cut out for very small town farm life. Once the show is over and the cameras are gone, and it's just she and Rube.

I'm still not sure if any of these women are cut out for very small town farm life. Once the show is over and the cameras are gone, and it's just she and Rube.
I'm still not convinced that it's THAT bad where he lives. We've established that the producer intervention in this show is off-the-charts. I'm not saying that his town might not be small...I'm just saying that maybe he's not actually living in that town all year. He might have a place in the city for work or something. "Running" the family farm can mean a lot of things these days. He might just make the decisions, or manage the money. He's not necessarily the guy going out to scoop the #### in the morning or plowing the fields (literally at least).

IF the town is accurately represented, AND he's there most of the time and it's a prerequisite that his wife is too, I agree...That's a life you're probably born into, not that you chose. He'd better find himself another farm girl on farmersonly.com who grew up expecting that kind of thing...

Honestly, if you disregard her looks, she really lacked substance. She was nice...that's about it. I don't feel like she had much of a personality. Don't get me wrong...SMOKIN' hot, but a bit dull.
Oh, I am not saying I think he should have picked her to win. Just that she would have been fun to spend the night with.

And even though I agree that there's not a lot of substance there, she did have an honest niceness to her that I liked. She was not pretentious at all. That stood out among some of the other whack jobs (Kelsey, Ashley S., Britt)

I like Whitney. She's the only one there that's wife material. Becca isn't ready for a serious relationship let alone marriage and Kaitlyn is a great chick, but more as a side lay.

I like Whitney. She's the only one there that's wife material. Becca isn't ready for a serious relationship let alone marriage and Kaitlyn is a great chick, but more as a side lay.
I, personally, could not take her voice. Like nails on a chalk board.

I, personally, could not take her voice. Like nails on a chalk board.
I dated a girl with a squeaky voice like that once...I got used to it, so maybe that's why that doesn't bother me that much. I swear it was worse when she did her intro at the beginning of the season though.

Oh, I am not saying I think he should have picked her to win. Just that she would have been fun to spend the night with.

And even though I agree that there's not a lot of substance there, she did have an honest niceness to her that I liked. She was not pretentious at all. That stood out among some of the other whack jobs (Kelsey, Ashley S., Britt)
Can't argue with that. I'll also add that I bet Ashley S. would've been a lot of fun in the sack too just because she was totally whacky and probably had no boundaries.

I don't think any of them are. Certainly not Britt, Kaitlyn or Jade. Whitney seems to be all-in now, but I just don't see her hacking that lifestyle either. The only one, perhaps, would be Becca, just because, well, she doesn't seem to have anything else going on. I'd have to go back a long way (Pickles can remind me) to remember a girl in the final three who was so lacking in...anything. Her personality is a blank. Her face is a blank. She's not unlikable; she's just not anything. As a result, maybe she could handle being in Nowheresville.

On another front, at this point, could it be anyone else but Kaitlyn to be the next Bachelorette (assuming she would be willing)? I'd put all of Otis's money on Chris being too stupid to choose her, so I don't think she'll be betrothed at the end of this. Whichever of Whitney or Becca doesn't "win" won't have enough personality or following to be chosen. Britt's meltdown probably rules her out, and Jade's "past" will probably rule her out. Carly was painted too negatively the past couple of weeks, and they've already had one Hobbit Bachelorette anyway. If they're continuing with tradition of having someone from the immediately prior show, it has to be her, yes? Maybe Britt if they want to do some sort of "redemption" thing?

I don't think any of them are. Certainly not Britt, Kaitlyn or Jade. Whitney seems to be all-in now, but I just don't see her hacking that lifestyle either. The only one, perhaps, would be Becca, just because, well, she doesn't seem to have anything else going on. I'd have to go back a long way (Pickles can remind me) to remember a girl in the final three who was so lacking in...anything. Her personality is a blank. Her face is a blank. She's not unlikable; she's just not anything. As a result, maybe she could handle being in Nowheresville.

On another front, at this point, could it be anyone else but Kaitlyn to be the next Bachelorette (assuming she would be willing)? I'd put all of Otis's money on Chris being too stupid to choose her, so I don't think she'll be betrothed at the end of this. Whichever of Whitney or Becca doesn't "win" won't have enough personality or following to be chosen. Britt's meltdown probably rules her out, and Jade's "past" will probably rule her out. Carly was painted too negatively the past couple of weeks, and they've already had one Hobbit Bachelorette anyway. If they're continuing with tradition of having someone from the immediately prior show, it has to be her, yes? Maybe Britt if they want to do some sort of "redemption" thing?
I agree that if it is not Kaitlyn as the next bachelorette, then it is Carly or Britt. Neither is a very good choice. I think Carly is the most likely.

Reality Steve thinks its Britt. Apparently, Kaitlyn's social media history is hardly befitting a potential bachelorette.

Britt would be an awful candidate IMO. I'd draw straws for a chance to nail her, but actually having a longterm thing with her is a negative proposition.

Too much is being made of the hometown. It's a nice house, he's got money and a good job, so you can stay home, crap out as many spawn as you like, watch food network and make friends with the other housewives. If she loves him enough, that's winning the lottery. If it really turns out to be so bad that she can't stand it, and he loves her enough, he'll do what he needs to do. Nearest big city is 3 hours away? Move halfway there and commute. Or sell out and move closer to her family. Everything is negotiable. Of course I'm thinking of two people who are genuinely in love, which rarely is what this show churns out.

So I am reading on the innernets today that Jade went to the Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in addition to starting her own cosmetics company and hanging around with Hollywood starlet girlfriends. Lots of nice pics on her facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/jadeelizabethroper

Sounds like she would have had a lot of interesting things to talk about if the producers ever let the people talk about their outside lives.

McGarnicle said:
Too much is being made of the hometown. It's a nice house, he's got money and a good job, so you can stay home, crap out as many spawn as you like, watch food network and make friends with the other housewives. If she loves him enough, that's winning the lottery. If it really turns out to be so bad that she can't stand it, and he loves her enough, he'll do what he needs to do. Nearest big city is 3 hours away? Move halfway there and commute. Or sell out and move closer to her family. Everything is negotiable. Of course I'm thinking of two people who are genuinely in love, which rarely is what this show churns out.
Waterloo and dubuque are each an hour away, while not Chicago or Milwaukee still big enough to provide plenty of options.

When a girl asks if you want to see her nude pics, you say I'd prefer the real thing and start undressing her as you make out. But this is a guy who would rather take to the fantasy suite a frigid woman whose own family told you that she doesn't like physical contact.

dhockster said:
The dress Jade wore to the rose ceremony was awesome. Showed great side boob.
The side boob shot going into the limo was nice, but that dress was pretty horrible. Kaitlyn's rose ceremony dress last night on the other hand....

McGarnicle said:
Britt would be an awful candidate IMO. I'd draw straws for a chance to nail her, but actually having a longterm thing with her is a negative proposition.
Britt would be awful. I don't think I could stand watching a full season of her.

Kaitlyn would have some interesting suitors, but I think she'd be a little less-than-wholesome, and not in the image of the show.

I actually dig Carly's refreshing cynical side, so I'd be OK with her.

I think Whitney would be the one the Bachelor Producers would pull for...she's sort of Emily Maynard without the back-story. Honestly, she's probably got a little more personality than Emily.

Becca - She's the one he needs to pick if he wants any chance of having a girl actually want to live in Arlington Iowa.

dhockster said:
The dress Jade wore to the rose ceremony was awesome. Showed great side boob.
The side boob shot going into the limo was nice, but that dress was pretty horrible. Kaitlyn's rose ceremony dress last night on the other hand....
I don't know fashion and don't want to get into a fashion argument, but that dress worked for me. The black color and floor length gave it some class, the see through lace gave it some trash, and the form fitting nature showed off Jade's

incredible body. Like I said, worked for me.

How in the world do you not nail Jade immediately after she shows you her pictures and videos? Complete clown.

I would have to imagine the virgin goes next and he ends up with Whitney, one of the least attractive of the whole lot. She does seem to have a lot of other things going for her though as she has a real job and decent personality.

If it goes this way it would make sense to the conundrum with picking the next Bachelorette. They probably feel Brit is too whacky, Becka is too pure and Jade is too dirty.
Kaitlyn down?

The only two women on that show with any sense of style were Britt and Kaitlyn. When they're both gone he'll be left with the two women who will fit in perfectly in Iowa.

Users who are viewing this thread