What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (4 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
So how reliable is the "spoiler alert"? I am planning on making a wager with Mrs. Cawbird and I am going to give her the field and I'll take Vienna.
I made the same bet, before reading this thread. The guy just seems like the type who goes for the underdog and would choose someone he likes out of spite. Vienna's best asset IMO is that the other girls hate her. Also, Jake clearly is attracted to her and her crazy eyes (her body is pretty banging). Cute Tenley worries me though.

I've started seeing a pattern with him. When he stops being lovey dovey and turns into Mike Wallace, the girls is gone. Just his facial expression when he was questioning the virgin I said "she's gone". Also anytime he gets embarrassed - when he went to her on the boat and it was :crickets: and no kissing. Goodbye.
Seriously. This guy is clinical. He's either a great contestant or a future serial killer.
That or everyone is just paid actors.

If the spolier alert is true and XXXXXXXXX wins this...................I can easily see the runner-up as the next Bachelorette!

Last edited by a moderator:
General Malaise said:
Hey fart breath...some of us chose NOT TO VIEW THE SPOILER tags. What the hell is wrong with you?
FWIW, when I see stuff like this, I'll usually PM the person first, and if they don't edit it THEN lash out.All you did was bump the thread and everyone is reading both of your posts.You should edit yours too.

There should be a Bachelor drinking game. The rules are very simple:

1) Each time someone says the word "amazing" you have to take a sip of your drink.

2) Someone says "Oh my god/gosh" you have to chug the rest of your drink.

I am willing to bet most people wouldn't make it to the rose ceremony.
also add mentions of "letting my guard down" and "felt like i connected"
Um..."journey" down?How about "Stay tuned for the most shocking Rose Ceremony ever."

Also, I googled and found this...

http://livinginnarnia.blogspot.com/2009/01...nking-game.html

The Bachelor Drinking Game

Whose dream of being sober will end TONIGHT?

Brought to you by Subdivided Kid, Aliza and yours truly. This drinking game should be played with champagne ONLY, and before each drink, each player must ask the person to their left, "Will you accept this drink?"

Drink once when any of the following are said:

"I'm on the path to falling in love"

"This is becoming real"

"I'm started to have feelings for you"

"We have a connection/I feel a strong connection"

"I just want you to be YOU"

"It's tough being here with all the other girls"

"I hate sharing you"

"If Jason likes [name of other contestant], then I don't know if we're supposed to be together"

"I'm ready to be a mom"

"I'm ready to be a wife"

"I think I'm falling for him"

"My walls are up"

"It just sucks to pour your heart out/be vulnerable and get rejected"

"I really thought we had a connection"

"You're such an amazing person"

"It's been an emotional week"

"There's a rose on the line"

"Ty is the most important thing in my life"

Drink twice when any of the following happens:

Champagne flutes clink

The most romantic date in Bachelor history occurs

The most shocking elimination yet occurs

One on one date involves helicopter, jet, blimp or other aviation device

Dinner at the top of a building

Romantic picnic

Hometown date occurs in which the fathers "grill" Jason

Someone pops an implant

Jason gets back together with the mother of Ty

DeAnna comes back and ruins everything

General Malaise said:
Hey fart breath...some of us chose NOT TO VIEW THE SPOILER tags. What the hell is wrong with you?
FWIW, when I see stuff like this, I'll usually PM the person first, and if they don't edit it THEN lash out.All you did was bump the thread and everyone is reading both of your posts.You should edit yours too.
I don't need internet lessons from you, Wheelhouse.

General Malaise said:
SuperJohn96 said:
General Malaise said:
Cawbird said:
Oof.:lowblow:

General Malaise said:
SuperJohn96 said:
General Malaise said:
Cawbird said:
Oof.:lowblow:
Oh come on....you're calling me out for lashing out a guy who just ruined the ending for those of us who had no desire to know the spoiler tag. Give me a break.

Cawbird said:
GM....you can stop crying now............I edited my post. Now get over it!
You are what's wrong with the world today, Cawbird. You should have admitted that you are an idiot, apologized for ruining his enjoyment of the show, and left the thread with your tail between your legs.

Cawbird said:
You are what's wrong with the world today, Cawbird. You should have admitted that you are an idiot, apologized for ruining his enjoyment of the show, and left the thread with your tail between your legs.
I'm over it. I realize I'm making myself look a lot worse for even caring about this. I'm sure the guy meant no harm.

Cawbird said:
I'm over it. I realize I'm making myself look a lot worse for even caring about this. I'm sure the guy meant no harm.
But what could be more important than The Bachelor? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I was just busting his chops. I hate when people can't man up and just admit they made a mistake. All of this misplaced indignation toward the person they've offended or annoyed or whatever.

Cawbird said:
But what could be more important than The Bachelor? I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I was just busting his chops. I hate when people can't man up and just admit they made a mistake. All of this misplaced indignation toward the person they've offended or annoyed or whatever.
:lmao:

azgroover said:
There should be a Bachelor drinking game. The rules are very simple: 1) Each time someone says the word "amazing" you have to take a sip of your drink. 2) Someone says "Oh my god/gosh" you have to chug the rest of your drink.I am willing to bet most people wouldn't make it to the rose ceremony.
also add mentions of "letting my guard down" and "felt like i connected"
Don't leave out "I'm so confused."

So, my wife just dropped a major league spoiler on me about this show. I am too dense to know how to use the spoiler tag here. If anyone is interested and can explain to me how to use the spoiler tag I will gladly post. If not I will just keep it to myself.

I definitely admit...............I messed up with the spoiler alert. Sorry if the Bachelor was on top of people's priority list in life this season.

People should be down on Jake already though.......he has let some of the best ones go.

Question for the die hard fans of the show. This is unrelated to the spoiler information I mentioned above.

Does posting information you have read about one of these ladies on the innerwebs qualify as a spoiler. Honestly trying to be sensitive to the folks in here who don't want to know anything about the future of the show. I googled one of these gals names and came upon some stuff that was pretty funny.

I messed up in the Lost thread last year and took some heat. Don't want to make the same mistake here.

I definitely admit...............I messed up with the spoiler alert. Sorry if the Bachelor was on top of people's priority list in life this season.

People should be down on Jake already though.......he has let some of the best ones go.
Okay now you're being a ##### on purpose.

Cawbird said:
If the spolier alert is true and XXXXXXXXX wins this...................I can easily see the runner-up as the next Bachelorette!
A certain person's website is already begging for her to be the next bachelorette, so I think she spilled the beans on her not winning already.

Okay now you're being a ##### on purpose.
Yeah, it's so typical. Of course there's never an explanation for why the person doing the spoiling happened to be posting in a thread about a show that he pretends to have little interest in.

Question for the die hard fans of the show. This is unrelated to the spoiler information I mentioned above. Does posting information you have read about one of these ladies on the innerwebs qualify as a spoiler. Honestly trying to be sensitive to the folks in here who don't want to know anything about the future of the show. I googled one of these gals names and came upon some stuff that was pretty funny. I messed up in the Lost thread last year and took some heat. Don't want to make the same mistake here.
Anyone who gets that worked up over it shouldn't be worried about. If you think it has potential spoiling, put it in the spoiler box. :doh:

I definitely admit...............I messed up with the spoiler alert. Sorry if the Bachelor was on top of people's priority list in life this season.People should be down on Jake already though.......he has let some of the best ones go.
please read post #163

Thoughts on last night? Seemed very fabricated. I thought this guy was putting all the games aside, but this year is getting as corny as ever. :confused:

"I feel like you're slipping through my fingers and I don't know how to stop you."
Watched this with my sister and her friend. I told the girls we had to drink everytime Jake said "Amazing" and every time Gia said "Like". We polished off all her wine before the show was over. :lmao:This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded. How romantic. :lmao: Also, Gia's mom? Yeah, I'd like to bone her. Tenley's mom too, even though she looks like a Pez dispenser.Oh, and anyone else get the vibe that Vienna's father probably crossed some taboo lines with her along the way. :lmao:

Tinley is a dingbat, Gia seems dumb, Ali is a bit of drama queen, Vienna freaks me out.

Ali would be the one I'd most likely date, but none of these girls are without flaws.

This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded.
Awful. Even my wife who watches the show primarily for the "romance" angle that such a moment should have represented started laughing and said, "I hope it works out with one of these women because if it doesn't, I can't imagine any girl watching is going to think of him as much more then a dork."ETA - the ballet dance was the worst. If you were dating a woman and she said, "I created a dance to show how I feel for you!" and then started balleting around the floor, would you (1) leave immediately or (2) laugh out loud then leave immediately?

Tinley is a dingbat, Gia seems dumb, Ali is a bit of drama queen, Vienna freaks me out.Ali would be the one I'd most likely date, but none of these girls are without flaws.
Ali has horrible legs and a wide butt. Childbirth will not do good things to her.Plus, her breakdown in the hallway of the hotel was just awful. I kept wanting some dude in a towel to open his door and check out why somebody was wailing in the hallways.

"I feel like you're slipping through my fingers and I don't know how to stop you."
Watched this with my sister and her friend. I told the girls we had to drink everytime Jake said "Amazing" and every time Gia said "Like". We polished off all her wine before the show was over. :lmao:This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded. How romantic. :lmao: Also, Gia's mom? Yeah, I'd like to bone her. Tenley's mom too, even though she looks like a Pez dispenser.Oh, and anyone else get the vibe that Vienna's father probably crossed some taboo lines with her along the way. :lmao:
This is disappointing.

That ballet dance was awkward.

He is a cheesedick, but he handled some of those funny situations well. I would have laughed at:

1) the dance

2) Gia's 5'6 95 pound stepbrother with Pauly D hair telling me he'd track me down

3) Vienna's weirdo dad

4) Ali's Mom's smurf house

This is disappointing.
Do you want me to blog for you or not? Becuase if you do, I'm talking about the Bachelor.

Ali has to be a lock to be the next bachlorette
Tenley.
that voice is terrible...sweet girl, but that would annoy the hell out of me after about a week.
Sadly, that's a bit of a common voice up here in Oregon. My ex-wife had a tinge of that in her voice. The cute girl that works at the drive-thru coffee joint has this voice too. It only works of the chick is smoking hot and even then, you just want to tell them to 'shut it' every now and again.

Tinley is a dingbat, Gia seems dumb, Ali is a bit of drama queen, Vienna freaks me out.Ali would be the one I'd most likely date, but none of these girls are without flaws.
Ali has horrible legs and a wide butt. Childbirth will not do good things to her.Plus, her breakdown in the hallway of the hotel was just awful. I kept wanting some dude in a towel to open his door and check out why somebody was wailing in the hallways.
Cheese **** for sure. Come on... When she brought up the "job" thing, what guy would not have shown her the door immediately?

Watched this with my sister and her friend. I told the girls we had to drink everytime Jake said "Amazing" and every time Gia said "Like". We polished off all her wine before the show was over. :bag:This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded. How romantic. :yes: Also, Gia's mom? Yeah, I'd like to bone her. Tenley's mom too, even though she looks like a Pez dispenser.Oh, and anyone else get the vibe that Vienna's father probably crossed some taboo lines with her along the way. :yes:
This is disappointing.
Do you want me to blog for you or not? Becuase if you do, I'm talking about the Bachelor.
Dude, I'm already covering this.

That ballet dance was awkward.

He is a cheesedick, but he handled some of those funny situations well. I would have laughed at:

1) the dance

2) Gia's 5'6 95 pound stepbrother with Pauly D hair telling me he'd track me down

3) Vienna's weirdo dad

4) Ali's Mom's smurf house
:yes: :yes: I forgot about that! I couldn't get over that kids hair. What did he have in there, marshmellow cream?

lol @ "smurf house". What kind of a front door was that? :bag:

Watched this with my sister and her friend. I told the girls we had to drink everytime Jake said "Amazing" and every time Gia said "Like". We polished off all her wine before the show was over. :bag: This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded. How romantic. :rolleyes:

Also, Gia's mom? Yeah, I'd like to bone her. Tenley's mom too, even though she looks like a Pez dispenser.

Oh, and anyone else get the vibe that Vienna's father probably crossed some taboo lines with her along the way. :unsure:
Thank you! There's some strange stuff going on there. Seriously, a father giving his daughter a promise ring and it stays until she gets married is beyond sick.

This guy is the biggest cheesedick in the world. Did you catch his act when he paused, dramatically removed his mittens and made out with one of the girls? He braved the NEAR FREEZING temperatures to remove his oven mits just long enough to stroke the girls face barehanded.
Awful. Even my wife who watches the show primarily for the "romance" angle that such a moment should have represented started laughing and said, "I hope it works out with one of these women because if it doesn't, I can't imagine any girl watching is going to think of him as much more then a dork."ETA - the ballet dance was the worst. If you were dating a woman and she said, "I created a dance to show how I feel for you!" and then started balleting around the floor, would you (1) leave immediately or (2) laugh out loud then leave immediately?
I would be scared out of my mind!

I would be scared out of my mind!
Yeah, it was really gay and I would have been uncomfortable. But after seeing her calves last night, I'd let her read from the phone book and pretend it was interesting. I bet she could snap a johnson in half with her vulva muscles.

Users who are viewing this thread