What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Good crop of girls this year - diverse and not afraid to mix it up.
Funny, I was thinking this was by far the worst crop of chicks they've had in a while. Maybe 3 or 4 worth considering - none of them as good as the front runners from recent seasons.
I wasn't thinking about potential spouses, I was thinking about watchability. Maybe I've tired of seeing the same cast of pharma sales reps, dental hygienists and advertising execs every season. :shrug:
My bad. I'm in it for the eye candy and there's a paucity of it with this group - some flat out ugmos to a greater extent than I recall from prior pools. Also, it did seem like there were a ton of dental hygienists in this batch.

The results of tonight confirm to me that ABC pulls the strings on a lot of this stuff.He would not have kept some of those girls if the network didn't need them for ratings.Horrid.
I've never seen this show before and never thought I'd watch it, but I'm working the night shift and the women forced this thing on. However, I came to the same conclusion that the network HAS to be picking for him. Do you guys actually enjoy this show or just enjoy how dumb it is?
yes

'identikit said:
'Rohn Jambo said:
Dan dumped Jennifer Love Hewitt after just one date. Looks like he's a guy with good taste in wine as well as women.

Link
What a meh bachelor choice Dan is.
You don't get it. The Bachelor is not about the guy. It's the girls who make or break the show.

I liked his "Accept this rose" schtick. And I was a big fan of Nicki and a couple of those tall women but overall I found it to be a very meh group.

a few thoughts from last night's episode:

1. Ben looks like a monkey.

2. The Bachelor is a great way to promote your business. Especially if you change the name of your winery from "Evolve" to "Envolve" prior to taping.

3. Hauling Gradma out of the limo on Night One is genius.

4. Riding in on a horse is close to genius.

5. Rolling out of the limo, past the Bachelor, into the house without saying a word? Priceless/roseless.

6. The Model is "not there for the right reasons" (see #2 - promotion).

7. Jenna from NYC is absolutely, without question, nuts. I mean f-ing crazy. No editing needed.

8. Producers have way too much at stake to let Jenna get cut early this season.

9. Prediction: Green-dress, soccer player from last night is going to have a nip-slip chest blurring this season.

10. Odds on physical altercation this season - 50:1.

11. Odds on coitusing pre hometown date - 13:1.

12. I know more about winemaking than Ben does.

13. The person in charge of hair and makeup for Night One should be fired. Horrible.

14. Average cup size of Ben's remaining Bachelorettes: solid C.

15. The Jockey is going to get her heart ripped out.

I went to check out the profiles on abc.com since I didn't watch it. A couple hotties. Funny thing is that they have "tattoo count" as a profile field. Wtf? :lmao:

I was a little drunk last night so memory of this is a little fuzzy, but did I see a potential lesbian scene?
eh. kinda. i think both chicks were a little boozy and the scenes were edited to give that impression. that said, the tall blonde (Monica?) did have her hand all over the hip/thigh of her "friend" as they were spooning each other.

my money is on bi-curious-for-the-cameras.

I would've kept that chick from England, she was hotttt! I would not have picked the girl in the green dress he played soccer with, too much junk in the trunk for me...

I would've kept that chick from England, she was hotttt! I would not have picked the girl in the green dress he played soccer with, too much junk in the trunk for me...
English chick seemed to have the best personality, but she had a weird looking face. Seeing what we saw of her I'd have kept her around, but given the cocktail party deal via which he has to make his 1st cuts he probably didn't get to experience enough of her personality to make her stand out.And yeah the chick in the green dress seemed like she was about to sag right out of it. Sloppy. Seems there are several women he kept around that have a bit too much insulation (including Pickles's favorite).

Man, I thought that Brit was ugly.
:goodposting: I think with the first cut, you don't really get a chance to find out any of these chick's personalities. I would just cut the ugliest ones or ones I wasn't attracted to immediately. Its obvious that he has different tastes from me, he kept some I would have cut and he cut some I would have kept.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if Jenna is just a plant or if she is truly mentally ill. All that frowning and the other stuff she does with her mouth is strange. She looked like a howler monkey at times.

I'm having a hard time figuring out if Jenna is just a plant or if she is truly mentally ill. All that frowning and the other stuff she does with her mouth is strange. She looked like a howler monkey at times.
I just saw an ad for the next show. It looks like she will be having another huge meltdown. Ben should run as far away from her as possible!

I just saw an ad for the next show. It looks like she will be having another huge meltdown. Ben should run as far away from her as possible!
You can tell she's bat#### crazy. She has an owl in bondage on her apartment balcony in NY.

If I wouldn't want to be with any of these women long term, does that mean I have unrealistic expectations? Kacie B is the only one I like, but there are still some deal breakers there. Don't get me wrong, I would have a fling with all of them except Jaclyn, Lyndsie and Jenna.

Tell me they aren't showing it tonight b/c of the football game....
DVR both. Watch 1 hour of bachelor, then watch 1hr of game til half time fast forwarding through commercials. At halftime, watch final hour or of Bachelor and then finish out the game after
Gonna need you to write these instructions down on sticky notes for me.
Maybe we can also write this on one of the sticky notes........"Don't bet a baby giraffe on the winner of this season." :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me they aren't showing it tonight b/c of the football game....
DVR both. Watch 1 hour of bachelor, then watch 1hr of game til half time fast forwarding through commercials. At halftime, watch final hour or of Bachelor and then finish out the game after
Gonna need you to write these instructions down on sticky notes for me.
:stickynote:DVR both. Watch 1 hour of bachelor, then watch 1hr of game til half time fast forwarding through commercials. At halftime, watch final hour or of Bachelor and then finish out the game after:stickynote:

Blakely has a man face and big teeth. I think Ben is keeping her around because he'd like to see her tatas.

a few thoughts on Episode 2 - The Sonoma Conundrum:

1. Ben still looks like a monkey

2. They must have shot the scenes on Sonoma Square, and subsequent dinner at The Girl and the Fig, at midnight or later. The Square is never that quiet, especially during Harvest (when this was filmed).

3. Ben lived in Sonoma until he was seven (?), moved to SF, then SD, then off to college in AZ, then back to Sonoma to "make wine with his friends" and he's "local"? riiiigghhhhttt.

4. The average cup size of the remaining bachelorhood remains a solid "C" after last night's "A" cup and "DD" eliminations.

5. Shooting in wine country and having the women drink mostly wine has mitigated alcohol-fueled rants and insane behavior. Please return the tramps to their native environs in LoCal and crank up the margarita machine.

6. I'm convinced Ben watched "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" at least 50 times before deciding to name his dog "Scotch".

7. Monica as "The Dragon" in the local play showed more enthusiasm and creativity than the entire LSU offense did against 'Bama.

8. Prediction: The Model will hang around until the hometown dates, and will get dumped by Ben once he realizes she has no family in AZ other than three feral cats and a sorority sister from Delta Delta Delta.

9. The producers have done a great job hiding/masking wine labels for the cameras....except the Penfold's Shiraz which got prime placement in the kitchen last night when the women were bad-mouthing the VIP Cocktail Waitress.

8. Prediction: The Model will hang around until the hometown dates, and will get dumped by Ben once he realizes she has no family in AZ other than three feral cats and a sorority sister from Delta Delta Delta.
That or her upper lip finally explodes from one too many collagen injections.

Users who are viewing this thread