What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Did he really do the "dive" right in hand motion?

I thought when he crossed the river on his trusty stead he was going to get tossed flat on his face... now THAT would have been epic!

I still have a thing for Emily but that wierd face thing she does after every contemplative comment is more than an little annoying. Is it wrong that I watch this show wondering which parts Pickles is going to use in his blog?

Got home last night and was able to watch only the last 15 minutes. What on earth is wrong with that blonde who moves her mouth like that old Bill Clinton skit on Conan O'Brien's show? That was.....weird.

Tonight, when I get home from the basketball game, I will watch the episode On Demand, THEN read Pickles blog. I might even make some Earl Grey tea and take a bath.

Well, since this season has been #### all over, I'm going to need ways to be entertained while watching this thing. The logical route (for me, anyway) is to make a drinking game out of it since this thing only works for me with booze. Anybody care to list their favorite phrase(s) that one should drink to?

Mine:

"I haven't felt this way in such a long time."

"[insert place name here] is the perfect place to fall in love."

Too bad Our Hero doesn't have a catchphrase like "This is by far one of the most amazing blah blah blahs I've ever seen. It really is!"

Losing interest.

Pickles's blog is all this season has going for it. Ben is a stiff. Guaranteed he makes a bad decision at the end of this thing, i.e. rolling with the model. I can see keeping her around for a romp in the fantasy suite, but that'd be the end of her usefulness for any guy with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Losing interest.Pickles's blog is all this season has going for it. Ben is a stiff. Guaranteed he makes a bad decision at the end of this thing, i.e. rolling with the model. I can see keeping her around for a romp in the fantasy suite, but that'd be the end of her usefulness for any guy with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.
Gotta love her complaint that she 'was just in Puerto Rico, like, two months ago'. :rolleyes: I never really needed a reason to hate models before, but this crap tilts the scale pretty heavily. Also, what's up with her eyebrows? It looks like the one over her right eye is attempting some sort of apostrophe action.

How about a drinking game where you have to drink every time Ben mentions his dad. That would've been two minutes into last nights episode lol.

Losing interest.Pickles's blog is all this season has going for it. Ben is a stiff. Guaranteed he makes a bad decision at the end of this thing, i.e. rolling with the model. I can see keeping her around for a romp in the fantasy suite, but that'd be the end of her usefulness for any guy with more than 2 brain cells to rub together.
Gotta love her complaint that she 'was just in Puerto Rico, like, two months ago'. :rolleyes: I never really needed a reason to hate models before, but this crap tilts the scale pretty heavily. Also, what's up with her eyebrows? It looks like the one over her right eye is attempting some sort of apostrophe action.
Yeah, she's had numerous moments like that too. Like I said, I can see tuning her out for a limited time if I wanted to have the sexy time with her (I wouldn't, but I'm sure others would be able to do it), but there's no way a sane/remotely intelligent human could think having any kind relationship with her beyond purely physical would be a good idea.

I don't think this is a bad season. There's some hotties. There's a villain who will be around for a while and gets off antagonizing the other ladies. There's women falling in love way too fast. I don't think Ben is a bad guy in comparison to most of the Bachelors. But really, who cares about the guy? If you don't like him, it's even more funny to watch the ladies fight over him.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I happen to think that Courtney is the least attractive of any of them. Her strangely dominating upper lip, spread apart eyes, and weird right eyebrow are the things that come to mind, but I just find her almost awkward looking. And yes, I get that tall, skinny models are going to look like that from time to time, but I just don't see her as attractive at all.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I happen to think that Courtney is the least attractive of any of them. Her strangely dominating upper lip, spread apart eyes, and weird right eyebrow are the things that come to mind, but I just find her almost awkward looking. And yes, I get that tall, skinny models are going to look like that from time to time, but I just don't see her as attractive at all.
:goodposting:

Her lip is just freakish. I can't look away, and not in a good way.As to Ben, the problem with him is that he can't even be interesting enough to be a jerk that we can all hate. Somehow he managed to take his boring personality from last season to a whole new level.

I don't think this is a bad season. There's some hotties. There's a villain who will be around for a while and gets off antagonizing the other ladies. There's women falling in love way too fast. I don't think Ben is a bad guy in comparison to most of the Bachelors. But really, who cares about the guy? If you don't like him, it's even more funny to watch the ladies fight over him.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.Ben could be a sack of lentils. Let's focus on the real stars of this show.

And I know Courtney has a weird lip thing, but it's really not that weird. More weird is whether she was sent from the future or not.

:goodposting: Absolutely with you here. I wish I could find the clip, but it reminds me of an old David Spade quote on the 'Hollywood Minute' on SNL. "For once please let the heterosexuals choose the models."

She's model hot. Stunning at first glance and I'm sure she looks beautiful in pictures. But when you see her in action and talking she loses major points. Tell me you didn't think she was stunning coming out of the limo on night 1.

Spot Freaking On!

Okay, now for the truly depressing: Emily is making the classic error of being the tattle-tale, and worse, she seems to be unable to stave off the urge (it actually seems to spill into next week). No one likes a Cindy Brady, and this franchise is littered with the corpses of those who don't believe the cruel lessons of history. It always blows up in their face. Always. It's pretty much reality show truism 1A. In her blog, Ali said she liked it when people did this on her season of The Bachelorette and even encouraged the practice (which I remember). Nice revisionist history there. While she did ask guys to cry foul to her, she resented it just like everyone else would. There might not be a bigger sign of insecurity and weakness. It's like saying "I can't handle this. Please send me home." In fact, if you're not a waifish model, it's even more likely to result in that outcome.
This, IMHO, is just further evidence that nobody goes on this show looking for "the one". Ben knows that #### has gotten out of hand earlier than expected this season and he knows that there always seems to be at least one person in the group that isn't what they appear to be. He's a smart enough guy to put two and two together but he'd rather get pissy about someone raining on his parade. Maybe I'm a paranoid ##### but at this point in the season I would sit everyone down individually and say "Ok, who is this season's Michelle?" At some point, doesn't it behoove ABC to have one of these actually work out again?BTW, I loved ranking the ladies as stocks. :moneybag:

In spite of the cheezy horse-entrance, I'm thinking Lindzey is one of the hottest on the show.

Courtney does suck as a person, but you know the producers will make sure she makes it into the top 3.

ETA - Never mind. [headslap]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know who Clay Walker is, and neither do you. Might as well be Bankie Banx.
:lmao:That's a gem right there.Not with you on the Courtney is interesting angle though. Its so contrived and she's such a bad actress that it's all falling very flat for me. When you watch them together there's just no appeal to her beyond her looks, everything she says is inane at best, outright dumb usually. So either Ben is one of the dumbest men alive if he's seeing something more to her than her looks (she's not my type - too thin - and as mentioned before her collagen addiction is distracting, but she's still a pretty woman), or he's just in it for the skin. He's so boring I don't really care either way. They should just end the Ben Flaccid season now and fill the rest of the time slots with 2 hours of Emily sunbathing.

Pickles likes Kacie B.? She's way too needy and any sane man will run a mile away.

Ben needs to tone down the job interview vibe. Girl, you badmouthed another applicant, NO JOB FOR YOU!

Pickles likes Kacie B.? She's way too needy and any sane man will run a mile away.Ben needs to tone down the job interview vibe. Girl, you badmouthed another applicant, NO JOB FOR YOU!
She's sweet as pecan pie. Yes, she's needy. I would run away. I believe that Ben eventually does run away. His comment is "I'm in trouble" which I take to mean that he likes her a lot, but she's got the emotional depth of Miley Cyrus.

Pickles likes Kacie B.? She's way too needy and any sane man will run a mile away.Ben needs to tone down the job interview vibe. Girl, you badmouthed another applicant, NO JOB FOR YOU!
She's sweet as pecan pie. Yes, she's needy. I would run away. I believe that Ben eventually does run away. His comment is "I'm in trouble" which I take to mean that he likes her a lot, but she's got the emotional depth of Miley Cyrus.
He's in trouble because he really wants to get rid of that iron ball around his ankles but she's "sweet as pecan pie.".

All shtick aside, Pickles....is SMiLE worth getting into? I've read countless accounts of its 'genius' but every sampling I've ever heard left me unimpressed. Worth digging into?

All shtick aside, Pickles....is SMiLE worth getting into? I've read countless accounts of its 'genius' but every sampling I've ever heard left me unimpressed. Worth digging into?
What does this stand for? Searching on the term results in loads of possible gobbledi#### possibilities.

What does this stand for? Searching on the term results in loads of possible gobbledi#### possibilities.
Doesn't stand for anything. It's just how the title was depicted on the album cover, so people replicate it when typing the name.

'koby925 said:
'YSR said:
She's model hot. Stunning at first glance and I'm sure she looks beautiful in pictures. But when you see her in action and talking she loses major points. Tell me you didn't think she was stunning coming out of the limo on night 1.
Ellen tells it like it is: Link

'koby925 said:
'YSR said:
It was massive manipulation.

I'm not convinced that Ben knows how to kiss. This may have been covered before. I noticed in the nighttime portion of their last date that he did all short peck-like kisses, even when she gave him the "come hither" finger. I know it could be editing, but I've got to think that ABC would show a little passion when they could. Yikes.
This has become more than a slight annoyance to me.

I was shocked that he eliminated Jennifer. I thought she was final 3, and that she was one of the three he had connected most with at this point while there is a lot of dead weight left.

In the baseball game, they supposedly played two innings and then it went into extra innings. In the third (according to the scoreboard), red didn't score and blue scored one. So that should have been the game. Rigged?

It was massive manipulation.
Anyone that thinks Courtney is hot hasn't a clue. She's got a linebacker face and her personality is worse than her looks, well maybe.

I was shocked that he eliminated Jennifer. I thought she was final 3, and that she was one of the three he had connected most with at this point while there is a lot of dead weight left.
Something tells me she would have really good oral skills. My wife who has been addicted to this show from day one turned it off and went to bed saying that Ben is way too boring to watch.

Just when you think this show is slipping...they pull me back in. I thought the the producers pitting the girls against each other in the baseball game was genius. Best part of this amazing journey so far. :thumbup:

My wife and I were shocked as well. Thought their connection was one of the strongest. I sure hope the girls find out about the skinny dipping. I wonder what happens with Casey S. next week.

I didn't see her as final 3 material but I agree that it was a shock. I didn't see that coming at all, especially with Rachel and the stripper still around.

Of the remaining women,F: BlakelyM: EmilyK: Courtney
Spot on. :thumbup: As an aside, I thought when one of them asked Ben about his past relationships and he responded with something along the lines of "I loved them but they didn't love me back", the whole Courtney thing suddenly made a lot more sense. I can absolutely see her winning the whole thing now.

Users who are viewing this thread