What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
Emily is hot...and had the last Emily (Brad Womack season deceased race car driver ex with daughter named ricki and ricki tatooed on her wrist) not been declared the next bachelorette, this Emily might have gotten it.....this Emily looked pretty good at the pool and her swimsuits were the best of the bunch......phd, hot, killer body, can rap and make fun of herself at the same time.....total package potential....

Dude has to be in the tank for the show at this point, Courtney is the only contestant that's good for t.v. (any of the remaining chicks seem like they might be decent people/girlfriends but aren't doing anything worth watching). Nobody's that stupid.
I would like to believe this is true. Maybe he doesn't see himself with any of these chicks, he told the producers and so they decided to go this route. Aside from him being an idiot, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Dude has to be in the tank for the show at this point, Courtney is the only contestant that's good for t.v. (any of the remaining chicks seem like they might be decent people/girlfriends but aren't doing anything worth watching). Nobody's that stupid.
I would like to believe this is true. Maybe he doesn't see himself with any of these chicks, he told the producers and so they decided to go this route. Aside from him being an idiot, it's the only thing that makes sense.
He seems to be on quite the press/publicity junket throughout this. I think he's on board with whatever is good for ratings and keeps his 15 minutes going. Having a disastrous, heartbreaking rejection that all of us can see coming at the hands of a vapid jerk, plus the fallout from that will extend his time in the spotlight that much longer. Maybe he can even parlay that into a second Bachelor stint ala Brad if he doesn't get enough play in the reality show celebrity aftermarket. And wouldn't that be just nifty.

He seems to be on quite the press/publicity junket throughout this. I think he's on board with whatever is good for ratings and keeps his 15 minutes going. Having a disastrous, heartbreaking rejection that all of us can see coming at the hands of a vapid jerk, plus the fallout from that will extend his time in the spotlight that much longer. Maybe he can even parlay that into a second Bachelor stint ala Brad if he doesn't get enough play in the reality show celebrity aftermarket. And wouldn't that be just nifty.
I would guess there is zero chance they would bring Mr. Personality back for another season for any reason. In fact, I am guessing someone's ### at ABC is on the short list to be fired after the abomination this season. This guy sucks.

All I want right now is for Courtney to win, break up with Ben, and then go on bachelor pad and get abused by the rest of the house. The only thing better would be if she could get Casey to guard and protect her heart.

The best possible way to save this season is for Ben to get rejected again when he proposes at the end.

I hate this show, yet I can't turn away.Courtney is a technician. She was feeling a little insecure about the rose ceremony, so she plays the "I might just leave" card. Ben gives her assurance she will get through on their one-on-one and now she's playing ball again. She just didn't want to get "sent" home on someone else's terms. Had he not reciprocated, she might have bailed to save face. Ben is at her mercy at this point. Can we just let Kacey B. and Courtney mud wrestle for the final rose and get on with it?Nicki? Seriously.
:goodposting: My girl likened the Ben/Courtney thing to Ben regressing back to his high school days when he would never have a shot at a chick like her, so he's willing to grasp at anything to let her back in. Even after she tells him, "I'm losing that spark, etc." (red flag, Ben?), he comes back and says something like, "I really respect her for being honest, etc." She is playing him perfectly. What a chump.I really REALLY now hope that Courtney wins the whole sha-bang-a-bang: 1) She makes the show much more interesting with her craziness, one-liners, and all out "in it to win it" starategies. The rest of the girls are pretty damn boring. 2) This Ben dude is such a freakin' tool, he deserves to get stuck with an evil soul-sucker like her. 3) These other chicks can do much better than this guy.I'm full on the Courtney express, baby! WHOO-WHOO! :trainwreck:
This is a point my wife and I were agreeing on last night. The whole talk on the pyramid scene was a clinical exercise in passive-aggressive "I don't know if I can go on unless you commit to me" antics that got the wine guy begging for the chance to go on a home visit date. As they were walking up the last set of steps I half expected her to say "let's skip the view, I've already got what I wanted on this date."

I hate this show, yet I can't turn away.Courtney is a technician. She was feeling a little insecure about the rose ceremony, so she plays the "I might just leave" card. Ben gives her assurance she will get through on their one-on-one and now she's playing ball again. She just didn't want to get "sent" home on someone else's terms. Had he not reciprocated, she might have bailed to save face. Ben is at her mercy at this point. Can we just let Kacey B. and Courtney mud wrestle for the final rose and get on with it?Nicki? Seriously.
:goodposting: My girl likened the Ben/Courtney thing to Ben regressing back to his high school days when he would never have a shot at a chick like her, so he's willing to grasp at anything to let her back in. Even after she tells him, "I'm losing that spark, etc." (red flag, Ben?), he comes back and says something like, "I really respect her for being honest, etc." She is playing him perfectly. What a chump.I really REALLY now hope that Courtney wins the whole sha-bang-a-bang: 1) She makes the show much more interesting with her craziness, one-liners, and all out "in it to win it" starategies. The rest of the girls are pretty damn boring. 2) This Ben dude is such a freakin' tool, he deserves to get stuck with an evil soul-sucker like her. 3) These other chicks can do much better than this guy.I'm full on the Courtney express, baby! WHOO-WHOO! :trainwreck:
This is a point my wife and I were agreeing on last night. The whole talk on the pyramid scene was a clinical exercise in passive-aggressive "I don't know if I can go on unless you commit to me" antics that got the wine guy begging for the chance to go on a home visit date. As they were walking up the last set of steps I half expected her to say "let's skip the view, I've already got what I wanted on this date."
:goodposting: We want what we can't have. Courtney flipped the script and acted like Ben was chasing her. Of course he's an idiot and it worked.

Can we just admit the Courtney is the best contestant this show has ever seen? She's making Bentley look like an amateur.
Bentley was an amateur. This chick is a pro-model/wannabe actress (see commercial above). Even given that she comes off as fake. Him buying it is just as implausible. They've pretty much come full circle from reality t.v. to scripted, staged show here. In that way, she's possibly the worst contestant I've seen on the show - I don't buy anything she's doing as anything but acting.

Ben is getting played so hard.

Lindzi, Emily, or Kacie would make a good wife/gf.

I really hope for him this is all staged.

'Gr00vus said:
They've pretty much come full circle from reality t.v. to scripted, staged show here. In that way, she's possibly the worst contestant I've seen on the show - I don't buy anything she's doing as anything but acting.
Not seeing the problem here. She's playing the other girls like a fiddle, and has Ben completely duped. That's winning to me.

'Gr00vus said:
They've pretty much come full circle from reality t.v. to scripted, staged show here. In that way, she's possibly the worst contestant I've seen on the show - I don't buy anything she's doing as anything but acting.
Not seeing the problem here. She's playing the other girls like a fiddle, and has Ben completely duped. That's winning to me.
I haven't watched the new episode yet. It's the survival of the fittest. Like Richard Hatch with the alliance, I take it this girl has figured out how to outwit and outplay them again this week?

'Gr00vus said:
Like I and others have said previously, Ben would have to be monumentally stupid to be truly taken in at this point - I think not, I think he's playing along as well. At the point you remove the premise that these are actual people working on genuine emotions/desires rather than actors acting a role it becomes about as interesting as a daytime soap opera. That's roughly the level they're at right now. No thankee.

'Gr00vus said:
This isn't Survivor, or at least it's not supposed to be.

'Gr00vus said:
It's much more entertaining if it is.You want it to be about love? I'm confused.

'Gr00vus said:
Like I and others have said previously, Ben would have to be monumentally stupid to be truly taken in at this point - I think not, I think he's playing along as well. At the point you remove the premise that these are actual people working on genuine emotions/desires rather than actors acting a role it becomes about as interesting as a daytime soap opera. That's roughly the level they're at right now. No thankee.
Ben seems kinda slow at times. I think its more likely that not he's a little lost this season.

'Gr00vus said:
snap

'Gr00vus said:
It's much more entertaining if it is.You want it to be about love? I'm confused.
It's much more entertaining this way? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Granted, these shows need a villain but there also has to be some degree of earnestness here to really make it work. She may not give a rat's ### about him, but she at least needs to make me think that she does. Otherwise, as Groovus said, it's little more than a daytime soap.We all know that the chances of any relationship from this show working out IRL are slim but don't you think it changes the fabric of the show when you dispense with the charade that this is ultimately supposed to be about some doofus marrying a chick?

'Gr00vus said:
It's much more entertaining this way? I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Granted, these shows need a villain but there also has to be some degree of earnestness here to really make it work. She may not give a rat's ### about him, but she at least needs to make me think that she does. Otherwise, as Groovus said, it's little more than a daytime soap.We all know that the chances of any relationship from this show working out IRL are slim but don't you think it changes the fabric of the show when you dispense with the charade that this is ultimately supposed to be about some doofus marrying a chick?
For this reason, I still think Joe Schmoe 2 was the greatest "reality" tv series I've yet seen.

'Gr00vus said:
For this reason, I still think Joe Schmoe 2 was the greatest "reality" tv series I've yet seen.
Tops for me is still My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. Same foundational concept.

'Gr00vus said:
If they all seemed like they were acting, yes, it would be bad TV. But every season you get girls bawling in the limo over a guy they spent 10 minutes with and you get over-the-top reactions like when Casey S. got booted last week. Maybe they're great actresses, but I believe a majority of them genuinely think they'll find love on a reality show and that is entertaining to me. I contrast that with The Apprentice which tries to make it seem like the contestants genuinely care, but fails terribly at it. In this case, the viewer becomes the butt of the joke and it's not good TV.

Tops for me is still My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance. Same foundational concept.
Groundbreaking TV, and I'm not kidding.Sorry for the delay. My thoughts on Episode 7 are now posted.

"Please forgive me." -- David Gray

Kacie B would be my choice from the #### I've seen on tv, but man Courtney. I just can't help but start rooting for her if only to see her get stood up and not get proposed to. I haven't seen such an arrogant woman in a long time. She needs to be brought down a few notches. If Ben is suckered into proposing to her, ABC execs I think would jump for joy. The dude is in for massive amounts of therapy if he keeps getting suckered by Courtney. It's just so damn entertaining how clueless he is, but I do give Courtney props for playing up her sexuality and going all in making this charade play out.

Couple of thoughts...

I'd have to rule Kacie out due to her tool dad (and why are we still calling her Kacie B.? The other one is long gone)

New drinking game. Chug if Ben mentions his dad. Chug twice every time the word "vulnerable" is used. You will be wasted by the end of the show.

Is Ben that dumb or does he truly believe all the BS Courtney continually shovels to him?

Lindzi would be my choice. She's cute, her mom and dad are cool. I'd learn to live with the horse thing.

I haven't watched all the way through yet tonight, but I hope Pickles will note in his blog that it seems ABC is now just using stock "Mom" and stock "Dad" in this farce, as it appeared that Kacie's and Nicki's moms and dads were the same person. I'd like some side-by-side screenshots, please.

I haven't watched all the way through yet tonight, but I hope Pickles will note in his blog that it seems ABC is now just using stock "Mom" and stock "Dad" in this farce, as it appeared that Kacie's and Nicki's moms and dads were the same person. I'd like some side-by-side screenshots, please.
Only caught the last 30 minutes, but I will explore this.I will be pointing out that Courtney is related to Khloe Kardashian, though.

Only caught the last 30 minutes, but I will explore this.I will be pointing out that Courtney is related to Khloe Kardashian, though.
:popcorn: Haven't gotten to the Courtney part yet.

Kacie and sister both have a Tom Brady dimple chin, but neither of the parents do...is that even possible?

I think Ben realized that he couldn't soil Kacie in the bungalow for her parents to see. That was probably the biggest soul crush on Bachelor since ... Ben by Ashley.

So Kacie's dad says no premarital living together but Kacie was straddling Ben at the 50 yard line on National TV. There are years of therapy ahead for this family.

Nikki clearly has the potential to be a large girl once she finds love again, or has a kid, or both.

Lindzi is the only realistic option left at this point, horses and all.

So Kacie's dad says no premarital living together but Kacie was straddling Ben at the 50 yard line on National TV. There are years of therapy ahead for this family.
Totally. And my sources say that she was sent to bed with no dinner after her parents heard her dropping F bombs in the limo.

Maybe Kacie needs to retire the baton.
lolwas thinking the same thing. The no-drinking, no-nookie before wedding shtick didn't help matters.

I really like watching for Ben's reaction to anytime the girls pour their heart out. Her: "I haven't been able to open my heart up to anyone because I'm scared of getting hurt, but I think I really love you" Ben: "That's interesting, can you pass the salt?"

I really like watching for Ben's reaction to anytime the girls pour their heart out. Her: "I haven't been able to open my heart up to anyone because I'm scared of getting hurt, but I think I really love you" Ben: "That's interesting, can you pass the salt?"
:lmao: It's funny 'cause it's true. But then he has that whole outpouring for Courtney during their "vows". This thing is so over.

Maybe Kacie needs to retire the baton.
Crazy talk! When else was she going to get a chance to show her prospective husband how she can put one leg straight up in the air? The possibilities boggle the mind.
:goodposting: Love me some Kacie.Its pretty funny how quick my wife and her friends have turned on Ben. They went from actively rooting for him to hoping he drops all the cute/sweet girls so he can get his heart torn out by Courtney. Chicks rule.

Users who are viewing this thread