What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (2 Viewers)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
I'm moving toward the camp that is saying that he is doing all of this simply to drum up recognition for his fledgling wine business. He is choosing Courtney because he knows it will never work out. He had no intention of marrying any of these broads, so if he chooses the one that he knows won't work out, he is home free. In the meantime, maybe he gets a piece off Courtney before they break up.

Why else would this moron keeping choosing Courtney despite all of the warnings about her that he has gotten over the past several weeks?
that. Ben is one of those guys who never dated the head cheerleader in HS (like many i would guess) and is using this opportunity to choose the hottest chick on the show while promoting Envolve Wines. (note: his winery changed from "Evolve" to "Envolve" between his time on "The Bachelorette" and his stint as "The Bachelor". interesting.) throw in the fact that Courtney is down for coitusing at any time, and is also on the show to promote her acting career, and it's a "win/win" for both of them. they'll split up in August, and Ben can get his face on the cover of People and US Weekly right before Harvest 2012. should help sell a few more cases.

too bad they don't have a tasting room to really cash in on the hype.
Has to be just a matter of time don't you think?Will be in Sonoma in May...if he opens a tasting room, I may hand-deliver a leather bound copy of Pickles' blog from this season.

Or getting Ben to pose with my FBG logo hat would be...well, epic.
Please do this. :lmao:
Just emailed back and forth with Mike Benziger's sister, Kate (who is hot), at Envolve.She said they hope to open a tasting room in the "near future." I rather doubt this will happen by May, though.

I'm moving toward the camp that is saying that he is doing all of this simply to drum up recognition for his fledgling wine business. He is choosing Courtney because he knows it will never work out. He had no intention of marrying any of these broads, so if he chooses the one that he knows won't work out, he is home free. In the meantime, maybe he gets a piece off Courtney before they break up.

Why else would this moron keeping choosing Courtney despite all of the warnings about her that he has gotten over the past several weeks?
that. Ben is one of those guys who never dated the head cheerleader in HS (like many i would guess) and is using this opportunity to choose the hottest chick on the show while promoting Envolve Wines. (note: his winery changed from "Evolve" to "Envolve" between his time on "The Bachelorette" and his stint as "The Bachelor". interesting.) throw in the fact that Courtney is down for coitusing at any time, and is also on the show to promote her acting career, and it's a "win/win" for both of them. they'll split up in August, and Ben can get his face on the cover of People and US Weekly right before Harvest 2012. should help sell a few more cases.

Has to be just a matter of time don't you think?Will be in Sonoma in May...if he opens a tasting room, I may hand-deliver a leather bound copy of Pickles' blog from this season.

Just emailed back and forth with Mike Benziger's sister, Kate (who is hot), at Envolve.She said they hope to open a tasting room in the "near future." I rather doubt this will happen by May, though.
Wow! Not a flattering pic. :shock:

Good enough for me.

Good enough for me.
Oh, don't get me wrong. You can tell she's hot, but that pic was bad.

Good enough for me.
:shrug: A cute blonde with a flexible jaw...what's not to like?

Good enough for me.
:shrug: A cute blonde with a flexible jaw...what's not to like?
right in front of the Benziger winery there's a family photo mounted to a kiosk. all the women in that family are pretty good looking.

I'd like to know more about how Ben stumbled into this wine business. Was it solely knowing Mike Benziger? I can't imagine he had any great impetus to make wine other than having a buddy who was part of a wine making family.

I'd like to know more about how Ben stumbled into this wine business. Was it solely knowing Mike Benziger? I can't imagine he had any great impetus to make wine other than having a buddy who was part of a wine making family.
that's pretty much it. of the three partners at Envolve, it seems like Ben is the only one who lacks winery experience (at least on the production end). my guess he's more of the $$$ and marketing side of the venture.

Mr. Pickles, I have some news for you.

First the bad news:

Tim Tebow turned down Chris Harrison's offer to be the next Bachelor

And the good news:

He wants to be available to play for the New England Patriots

Courtney let slip a little comment at the end when she was listing how many people she was sorry for hurting, and she said she was sorry for hurting Ben.

I surmise from that that Ben picked her, found out how she acted on the show, and probably eventually figured out that he was just a PR move for her.

Anyone that doesn't know/ can't figure out who Ben will be picking tonight has been living under a rock.

It's like a car accident though and I'll have to watch it.

'Ray Karpis said:
Best line in Bachelor history......"if things don't work out, call me?"Wow...self-respect down?
No doubt. Just as Mrs. Beavers says something like " ow, she isn't balling her eyes out. Good for her. Way to have some self respect." and then... BOOM

Anyone else notice when Ben gets the ring from Chris that he kind of nods yes at Courtney, like is this ok if I put this back on your finger and she starts to shake her head no but he puts the ring on her finger anyway?

So lets get this straight.. Courtney is a B, Ben figures it out, and it is Ben's fault for "abandoning" her. Ok, got it now!

I suppose I should watch this.
You're damn right you should. You, sir, are the guy that convinced me to stick with this train wreck so you ought to be there until the bitter end. :rant:
[QUOTE='Lindzi]“I was at After the Final Rose, but it was brought to my attention that it was pretty emotional with Ben and Courtney, and it sounded like they have a lot to work on in their relationship, so I sorta decided, along with the producers, that I’m in a good place and I don’t need closure. Ben has bigger issues to worry about, like his engagement,” Lindzi says. “I don’t really have anything pressing I need to say to Ben. If down the road I do, I can have a chance later.” Her only regret from that night: “I had a really cute dress on,” she laughs. “It was Black Halo. I did wear it last night on Jimmy Kimmel. So I finally got to wear my Black Halo dress.”
[/QUOTE]Would have rather saw her interviewed than whatever that was with Ashley.

to paraphrase shamelessly from a blog post:

"Did Lindzi really need to be wearing that cape? I thought she was going to meet up with three other Hobbits, steal the Neil Lane ring from Ben, and head up the Matterhorn to huck it into the volcano fire burning inside."

also, if there's such a thing as "F-me boots" i think Courtney was wearing "F-me gloves" to her proposal. yikes.

Pretty sure this has already been posted, but here is the Las Vegas (Caersar's) commercial with Courtney:

Courtney would be the best lay in The Bachelor history. She is so smoking hot.
whoa....whoa....whoa....hold on just a sec.......not so sure about that....
who would be better.Courtney has it all. Body, looks, hint of craziness, down for absolutely anything, attitude and confidence. What am I missing?
1. something tells me the perceived "down for anything attitude" may have been part of the act (i know she skinny dipped)....but I don't think it was a way of life for her....more of I need to step up my game right now and do somethig to seperate myself from the rest of these prudes, type of ploy....I could very easily see her being a look at how beautiful I am I don't need to put out much effort type after a while....although she is bat ### crazy....2. what are you missing......the quantity of smokin hot high end bat ### crazy daddy issue tail that has been on this show since it started....there have been some stunners on this show, even ones we didn't get to know cause they were let go the first night or something...

I just think "in Bachelor history" might be a little premature without a proper FBG FFA Bracket of 64 Who Would Be The Best in The Sack Challenge or something.....

I can think of a few others who might give her a run.....

Courtney would be the best lay in The Bachelor history. She is so smoking hot.
whoa....whoa....whoa....hold on just a sec.......not so sure about that....
who would be better.Courtney has it all. Body, looks, hint of craziness, down for absolutely anything, attitude and confidence. What am I missing?
I would take Chantal O'Brien and her glorious hooters. But Courtney would rank pretty high.

You guys are insane! Niikki was clearly the hottest girl this time. Just ask our resident expert.

Just don't pay any attention to her nails or her thighs. Lol

I suppose I should watch this.
You're damn right you should. You, sir, are the guy that convinced me to stick with this train wreck so you ought to be there until the bitter end. :rant:
My heart wasn't in the finale. I went about 55%.
I don't know; I thought it was a very solid effort esp. given the material you had to work with. My favorite was the captioning of "I love you?", "j/k LOL". I was also interested to see the picture of Ben not kissing another girl, as I hadn't known to what they were referring.

"Nashville, Tenn., residents Nathaniel Claybrooks and Christopher Johnson announced in a press release today that they plan to file a class action lawsuit against ABC's The Bachelor reality-dating television franchise for racial discrimination.

They say The Bachelor and The Bachelorette have intentionally excluded of people of color and have, over a period of 10 years and a combined total of 23 seasons, never featured a single person of color in their central roles.

Claybrooks and Johnson, both of whom are African American, are requesting class action status for the case, which they say they'll file in federal court on Wednesday morning.

We're going to go ahead and file limited opportunities to date for all the world to see during prime time under "Things that aren't anywhere near the top of the black community's list of problems." But evidently, equal access to rose ceremonies is a pressing issue for some. (And one thing is clear: The creators of the shows certainly can't say they didn't have any options to choose from when it came to non-white stars. Read about Lamar Hurd, who isn't involved in the lawsuit but would love to be the next "Bachelor," here.)

The ethnic makeup of the show's participants is quite obviously at odds with the reality of America's diversity, and with the fact that plenty of people are open to finding love with someone with a racial identity other than their own. But we'll be interested to see how the plaintiffs argue that the out-of-touch casting that's come to be expected in reality-dating programs goes beyond being silly and outdated and actually breaks a law."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Nashville, Tenn., residents Nathaniel Claybrooks and Christopher Johnson announced in a press release today that they plan to file a class action lawsuit against ABC's The Bachelor reality-dating television franchise for racial discrimination.
Chris Johnson should be more concerned with getting back to his 2009 form.

"Nashville, Tenn., residents Nathaniel Claybrooks and Christopher Johnson announced in a press release today that they plan to file a class action lawsuit against ABC's The Bachelor reality-dating television franchise for racial discrimination.They say The Bachelor and The Bachelorette have intentionally excluded of people of color and have, over a period of 10 years and a combined total of 23 seasons, never featured a single person of color in their central roles.Claybrooks and Johnson, both of whom are African American, are requesting class action status for the case, which they say they'll file in federal court on Wednesday morning.We're going to go ahead and file limited opportunities to date for all the world to see during prime time under "Things that aren't anywhere near the top of the black community's list of problems." But evidently, equal access to rose ceremonies is a pressing issue for some. (And one thing is clear: The creators of the shows certainly can't say they didn't have any options to choose from when it came to non-white stars. Read about Lamar Hurd, who isn't involved in the lawsuit but would love to be the next "Bachelor," here.)The ethnic makeup of the show's participants is quite obviously at odds with the reality of America's diversity, and with the fact that plenty of people are open to finding love with someone with a racial identity other than their own. But we'll be interested to see how the plaintiffs argue that the out-of-touch casting that's come to be expected in reality-dating programs goes beyond being silly and outdated and actually breaks a law."
I blame the poll options in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread