What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
If this Antigua catamaran date doesn't go really well, I'm not sure I can commit to spending the rest of my life with you.

I'll never forget that time I was ready to propose to a girl and then holy crap you guys!!!! This OTHER girl was all like, McGarnicle, I wrote these poems about you so, ya know,:wink:, let's just take that under advisement.

And I sat there for 60 hours, motionless, literally incapable of weighing the pros and cons of each woman. Then, suddenly, I made a decision, and everyone was like, yep, told ya.

Love how the carjacking brother is wearing a nonthreatening striped shirt and not overtly stating he will murder you if you marry my sister. Hope the dart they fired into his ### doesn't wear off before the ring ceremony.

So I didn't pick you because you know how something is so awesome and then it's not?!? Because, holy ####### ####, you are soooo awesome, but then you know what? Maybe you're not and that's totally okay!!! I totally don't regret how I acted like I thought that I felt.

I was actually a Chris fan ever since the Dodgeball group date, but the way they had it all play out just makes me feel gross.

I was actually a Chris fan ever since the Dodgeball group date, but the way they had it all play out just makes me feel gross.
I liked him from the Barcelona(?) bad date/made date better thing. Dodge ball was good, too. He was always very solid.

This part with Brooks makes it sooooo clear why they had nothing going on. So awkward.

Bleh. Not interested in Juan Pablo as the bachelor. Would have liked to see Zack. Glad I'll be out of the country.

I must admit I've been reading Reality Steve some since I was bored with the season. How did he get this totally wrong? I never read him before so I have no idea if its ever happened before either. Maybe someone from ABC tricked him.

I must admit I've been reading Reality Steve some since I was bored with the season. How did he get this totally wrong? I never read him before so I have no idea if its ever happened before either. Maybe someone from ABC tricked him.
what was his prediction?

Brooks is still more boring and scatter brained as ever. ABC is glad he wasn't chosen as the next bachelor.

As ditsy as Des is, I think she chose the right guy. Chris was miles ahead of Drew and Brooks in terms of maturity (save for the silly poems). But her brother will probably run Chris off before they marry.

First minority bachelor.

Also, he will be a breath of fresh air after Sean's season. This is like replacing Tim Tebow with Mark Sanchez.

I definitely regret getting sucked back in after I vowed to stop watching. What a joke that was. I could swear I won't watch the next season, but I'd be kidding myself. :(

what was his prediction?
He was very adamant that Brooks would be coming back and getting engaged to Dez. To make it worse he was also sure the next bachelor would not be Juan Pablo.

Juan Pablo is the popular vote now, but he didn't get a lot of air time so he's still sort of a mystery. He may try to bed all the girls on every date. Or he may turn out to be quite a goober... a real munson.

I'll say this...that was the most dramatic moment in Bachelorette history.

Whew...what an amazing journey!

My favorite was Des talking to her crazy brother. He astutely asks her about Brooks and how she's dealing with that. She responds, "well, it took me a long time to get over that."

He dumped her, what, 2 days before?

Juan Pablo is the popular vote now, but he didn't get a lot of air time so he's still sort of a mystery. He may try to bed all the girls on every date. Or he may turn out to be quite a goober... a real munson.
Biggest issue will be understanding the guy. Half the stuff he said last night I had no idea what he was saying.

If I'm Chris, after I watch these episodes back, and see how she felt about Brooks, I think of her bull#### line of "I realized what I needed was in front of me this whole time" before the proposal and dump her ###.

And that loser really tried answering the proposal with "yes, a thousand times yes".

If I'm Chris, after I watch these episodes back, and see how she felt about Brooks, I think of her bull#### line of "I realized what I needed was in front of me this whole time" before the proposal and dump her ###.

And that loser really tried answering the proposal with "yes, a thousand times yes".
Stop it, I'm going to get choked up again.

I wish they would have nutted up and asked the questions the way we all would have liked. They totally cherry coated all of this and let them off the hook. Des's non verbal communication throughout the show was priceless. This will be over soon.

LMAO at Drew asking her twice "when did you know"...like she is really going to actually answer that so you can then ask her "why did you put me through all of this then".....and how pathetic was it when he actually asked "is there anything else I could have done".....it was so pathetic I couldn't even feel sorry for him......

Chris, how do feel about really being Des's second choice and her switching from Brooks to you in like 36 hours?

Des, how do you go from "I really just want to go home" and " I don't know if any of these other two guys are right for me" to engaged in like 36 hours?

So Chris, do you think you'll always be kind of looking over your shoulder?

So Chris, when you watched the playback and you heard Des tell Brooks..."it was always going to be you"....and "even when I was on dates with other guys all I could think about was you"....how does that make you feel now after she accepted your marriage proposal 48 hours later?

Chris, are you worried that if Des is able to have these emotional swings so quickly that she may change her mind again pretty soon? Especially now that you aren't in some of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world?

Chris, during your secret private time that you and Des have shared since the show was taped, how exactly did Des prove to you that she is over Brooks? That must have been a fun few days huh big guy? :elbowbumpheadnodraisedeyebrowwink:

His pulling out the framed poem and journal made me want to throw up, I think Des is even a little worried about his overkill on that #### at this point.

I give it 3 months till we read in People magazine that "we kind of rushed into things and made some emotional decisions so we have decided to slow things down a little and we are no longer officially engaged"...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish they would have nutted up and asked the questions the way we all would have liked. They totally cherry coated all of this and let them off the hook. Des's non verbal communication throughout the show was priceless. This will be over soon.

LMAO at Drew asking her twice "when did you know"...like she is really going to actually answer that so you can then ask her "why did you put me through all of this then".....and how pathetic was it when he actually asked "is there anything else I could have done".....it was so pathetic I couldn't even feel sorry for him......

Chris, how do feel about really being Des's second choice and her switching from Brooks to you in like 36 hours?

Des, how do you go from "I really just want to go home" and " I don't know if any of these other two guys are right for me" to engaged in like 36 hours?

So Chris, do you think you'll always be kind of looking over your shoulder?

So Chris, when you watched the playback and you heard Des tell Brooks..."it was always going to be you"....and "even when I was on dates with other guys all I could think about was you"....how does that make you feel now after she accepted your marriage proposal 48 hours later?

Chris, are you worried that if Des is able to have these emotional swings so quickly that she may change her mind again pretty soon? Especially now that you aren't in some of the most beautiful and romantic places in the world?

Chris, during your secret private time that you and Des have shared since the show was taped, how exactly did Des prove to you that she is over Brooks? That must have been a fun few days huh big guy? :elbowbumpheadnodraisedeyebrowwink:

His pulling out the framed poem and journal made me want to throw up, I think Des is even a little worried about his overkill on that #### at this point.

I give it 3 months till we read in People magazine that "we kind of rushed into things and made some emotional decisions so we have decided to slow things down a little and we are no longer officially engaged"...........
Awesome questions. I want you to host instead of the amiable, but useless shill Harrison.

and how hypocritical was it for Des at the final rose ceremony to practically beg the guys to not take the rose if they weren't feeling it, cause she didn't want to go through it again....after having admitted she loved Brooks and had been stringing these guys along the whole time....and to ask them not to take the rose (but still offer it up herself) knowing the whole time she was going to kick Drew to the curb the next day....she should have just not offered him the rose...pratice what you preach

if she was being "totally honest" and she cared about not hurting the guys.....she owed them a better explanation about how things really went down with Brooks so they could have made an educated decision about whether they wanted to continue and accept the rose or not.....

this final episode just felt so uncomfortable and scripted the entire time.....I know that is what it is all about, but usually they cover it up a little better...

seriously, if you are Chris....how do you watch Des's reaction when Brooks dumps her and the things she says to him and think this is EVER going to work....?....the "I didn't realize what I wanted was in front of me the whole time" is a line from a Taylor Swift song, not the way she really feels....I would be so pissed that she let me propose without knowing the whole Brooks situation that I would never be able to feel comfortable with her......it's one thing in real life when we really don't know about past boyfriends/feelings/relationships, etc.....but this #### with Brooks was on national TV....

the "I didn't realize what I wanted was in front of me the whole time" is a line from a Taylor Swift song, not the way she really feels
But, this happens in 1/2 of the teen movies ever made - you mean the movies are lying to us?

More importantly, Jackie seems to get hotter every time they have her on.

the "I didn't realize what I wanted was in front of me the whole time" is a line from a Taylor Swift song, not the way she really feels
But, this happens in 1/2 of the teen movies ever made - you mean the movies are lying to us?

agree 100%....she was always one of my favorites.....never got enough TV time in her season, especially in pool scenes.....smokin

Ugh, I've stomached through the bulk of this franchise and had to restrain myself from vomiting more than once, but last night's episode was BRUTAL. Did ABC think it was enjoyable for the viewers to watch Dez cry? She sounded like Miss Piggy melting down. I'd rather listen to two cats screw on a hot summer night. I'd rather listen to Elvira scratch her long nails on a chalk board. I'd rather listen to a generic boy band do covers of Ace of Bass for a week than another minute of Dez cry talking. BRUTAL.

Ugh, I've stomached through the bulk of this franchise and had to restrain myself from vomiting more than once, but last night's episode was BRUTAL. Did ABC think it was enjoyable for the viewers to watch Dez cry? She sounded like Miss Piggy melting down. I'd rather listen to two cats screw on a hot summer night. I'd rather listen to Elvira scratch her long nails on a chalk board. I'd rather listen to a generic boy band do covers of Ace of Bass for a week than another minute of Dez cry talking. BRUTAL.
And she doesn't even have great skin. Horrid.

And she doesn't even have great skin. Horrid.
Oh, it's not THAT bad. She was really shiny last night.

offdee said:
Gr00vus said:
I love me some Jackie.
Yeah, she was a real sleeper in Sean's season. As I recall, let go on a two-on-one with the Tierra del Fiasco. What a joke. She and Lesley M. the PoliticalBabe were each infinitely more interesting than Desiree.

She was super hot. 29 year olds don't typically keel over randomly, I'm assuming drugs for now. Hope it wasn't though.

She was super hot. 29 year olds don't typically keel over randomly, I'm assuming drugs for now. Hope it wasn't though.
Very hot. I vaguely remember her being an outcast on Bachelor Pad? I could be confusing her with someone else. Seemed a little squirrelly but definitely not the burnout type. Though I see she was dating an NBA player so who knows. Fame can screw people up.

Users who are viewing this thread