What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"The Bachelor" on ABC (1 Viewer)

Which is more likely to happen first with the TV show The Bachelor?

• Show gets canceled

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • producers cast a black man as The Bachelor

Votes: 39 36.1%

• Total voters
krista4 said:
Pickles, you really need to delve into the ladies jobs a bit more. "Dog Lover" and "Free Spirit" are just too much to not be derided heavily.
"Mineral Coordinator"
:lmao:

I just read some of their bios on ABC (as I can't remember any of these people 10 seconds after the show is off air)....some personal favorites of the girls who got the boot:

[snip]
what about the fact that TWO different women said that one of their favorite movies is Home Alone 2.

I'm extra excited, my long-time friend Clare is on this season. She's the one who comes out of the limo looking preggers.
Hold on, so is she preggers...or just looks it?
No. She flew to LA for filming and had her dress delivered a day later. When it arrived, it was too big so she decided to buy a baby bump and make her entrance looking pregnant.

Could be a little schticky. We'll see.
Believe me, it worked. ;)
OK, I'm watching right now despite my protestations. Your friend is incredibly beautiful.
Awesome, Krista. I think so too.

She's always been a great girl and I'm excited she got to go on the show. I've known her and her sis since HS. Already seen her twice since she's been back and it's crazy to hear what she's gone through during filming of the show and after.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm extra excited, my long-time friend Clare is on this season. She's the one who comes out of the limo looking preggers.
No. She flew to LA for filming and had her dress delivered a day later. When it arrived, it was too big so she decided to buy a baby bump and make her entrance looking pregnant.
OK, I'm watching right now despite my protestations. Your friend is incredibly beautiful.
Awesome, Krista. I think so too.

She's always been a great girl and I'm excited she got to go on the show. I've known her and her sis since HS. Already seen her twice since she's been back and it's crazy to hear what she's going through during filming of the show and after.
How would you like to give a small time blogger some exclusives?

Watched this with the wife last night...I don't think I ever laughed harder in my life than seeing the reaction of the girl next to the redhead who thought she heard her name called. We freeze framed, slo-mo'd, everything. It amounted to a 10 minute stoppage between watching both trainwreck and laughing at all the reactions to it.

how the f does anyone with a penis not at least keep Lacy around for a few pool parties.....something must have happened with that young lady, because they didn't even show her giving JP the good bye hug.......

she was LOADED....that body was sick.....my wife even agreed she wouldn't blame dudes for not watching anymore since she was booted
Assuming this was the same girl reacting above...the chick in the green dress with that amazing amazing ###? She was incredible.

Wasn't hard to piece together the puzzle on Cassandra. Once she said she had a son, I was pretty confident that "Former NBA dancer" meant the father was one of the players.

Looks like its Rodney Stuckey
pretty good work for Rodney....

when we heard about "Tre"....we had the same discussion in our house....after seeing the pic of Tre we almost said in unison "Blake Griffin"....guess not

So I'm really disappointed in the eliminations thus far...First Lacy goes, then Amy L., who I thought was one of the best looking ladies in the bunch...Oy. Not saying he's got dogs, but two of my standouts are gone already. I don't know why I liked Amy L. so much, and truthfully, her little "interview the bachelor" thing was horribly impersonal, but she had an amazing smile. More of a "cute" than a "beautiful," but I enjoyed her.

Renee got major points in the WDCRob household when she crawled under the bathroom stall to help the cra cra chick. You can't fake that kind of nice. And she had the good sense to leave when it was obvious she couldn't help too.

She's 32 and not as drop dead as some of the others, so he probably rules her out, but if JP is looking for a great partner and a good mom he could do a lot worse.

wdcrob said:
Renee got major points in the WDCRob household when she crawled under the bathroom stall to help the cra cra chick. You can't fake that kind of nice. And she had the good sense to leave when it was obvious she couldn't help too.

She's 32 and not as drop dead as some of the others, so he probably rules her out, but if JP is looking for a great partner and a good mom he could do a lot worse.
Renee is my new favorite because of how she helped both girls - you never know, if Juan Pablo is serious about a good mother, maybe she's got a shot.

Awesome, Krista. I think so too.She's always been a great girl and I'm excited she got to go on the show. I've known her and her sis since HS. Already seen her twice since she's been back and it's crazy to hear what she's going through during filming of the show and after.
How would you like to give a small time blogger some exclusives?
I guess this means I have watch this season now.

Renee is my new favorite because of how she helped both girls - you never know, if Juan Pablo is serious about a good mother, maybe she's got a shot.
just taking a look from a different point of view.....while it's easy to try and make the connection between going to these girls when they are freaking out and being a good "mom".....I'm not as all in on that as others......

the drunk chick was acting like an idiot.....she was drunk....that's all.....she wasn't having some major life changing crisis.....she was drunk....as far as I am concerned they all should have just let her be....she wasn't freaking out cause her mom just died or something.....while I understand a certain responsibility of taking care of my drunk friends.....not sure that needs to hold true in this context....to me that just feeds into the drama that this chick is creating and shows a desire on Renee's part to be part of that drama and the meltdown....if I'm JP this doesn't really earn you any brownie points (which I do believe is part of the reason why she keeps going in to "save the day")....to me, yeah maybe it shows some compassion, etc but it also shows you go out of your way to swim in the dysfunction of girls you have hardly met....

to me the chick that tried to help the drunk chick initially..... the "hey you need to cool your jets" chick ....deserves more props....she tried to help before the meltdown.....going in when there are producers and security and cameras around to help after the meltdown is in it's final stages is an old story.....I would have distanced myself from the mess instead of trying to clean it up.....not sure those brownie points have the affect most people hope they do.....JP is looking for a life partner that he can team with to help raise a little girl.....not manage a drunk.....

nice effort by Renee and she probably is a very nice person.....but this will have zero affect on her staying power other than the obligatory JP saying " I heard you really triessssed to help her d other night and that is part of what I am luuuuuuking for in my journey since I have Camillia in my life" line....followed soon by "but ju knowsss, (as he pets Renee's head) I am a preeeeetttty big deal right now and you'll have to excussssse me while I go stick my tongue halfway down that beautiful young lady's throat over there, yess yesss....ahhh that one over there who is unfortunatleeeeeey way younger and way more caliente than you..."...

Renee is 32 as is JP, and has a kid, as does JP.....it's a lateral move for him, unfortunately for Renee I think he is in the market for something newer and faster......

Not sure that was just "drunk." Whole lotta crazy in there.
as my wife and teenage daughter both said (while admitting their own craziness).....there is a whole lotta crazy in almost every woman....it just comes down to the line in the country song about "hiding your crazy".....and who can usually do that the best........

as my wife and teenage daughter both said (while admitting their own craziness).....there is a whole lotta crazy in almost every woman....it just comes down to the line in the country song about "hiding your crazy".....and who can usually do that the best........
A lot of women call it the "hymen maneuver" repeatedly?
that's stupid and uneducated....not crazy.....

I think there is a difference.....but I could be wrong

This. Drunk just exaggerates who you are.
I didn't specifically see anything about her behavior that seemed anymore crazy than any early 20's drunk girl meltdown....

denial of intoxication.....more drinking....i'm the hottest ##### on the planet cause I straddled that mofo dirty dancing with self in a hot tub (which is a big mistake when you are intoxicated)........more drinking....runnning around saying f-you to everybody and you are leaving cause you don't give a ####.....more drinking....followed by an intense crying episode....

if I had a dime......

Next we get Kat the medical sales rep who looks a lot closer to 39 than 29. It's a world class dimple, though. It didn't take long to get a private jet date worked in. Remember the date Emily Maynard had with whatshisface at the The Greenbrier in West Virginia? Of course you don't. Pretty short story shorter, the guy was a human sedative and was asked to kindly step away from the unfinished prime rib. Point is, sometimes it doesn't matter how elaborate the date is. If you suck, you're toast. I'm not saying Kat sucks, but you never know.

So as they're lifting off, Kat ponders their destination. The great beaches of Miami? Maybe the bustle and night life New York? You know, when she really thinks about it, she could get used to flying all over the world with her 32 year old retired soccer pro. Well, "pro" in the loose sense that he was paid to play, but not "pro" in the sense that he was any good. I mean, retiring because you had a baby? Who does that? In the history of organized sports, what male athlete has ever retired because he had offspring? How about retired because you weren't talented enough for a lower tier soccer league. Regardless, there won't be much jetsetting on that soccer pension, so don't get your hopes up, Kat.

And what's better than Miami or NYC. Give up? I'll tell you: Salt Lake City, baby. Mormons! Mountains! Michelle Money! Jef Holm! That ####### Bentley! The list goes on and on. There is some seriously ####ed up fascination with SLC. No idea why they are so completely obsessed with a nothing town like this in the middle of nowhere, but I'll be damned if we don't find some new excuse to work it into the show somehow.

And where better than SLC to host the world's only ecstacy-fueled fun run. I think by definition teetotalism excludes MDMA. Pretty sure this is exactly how Brigham Young envisioned things when he founded this religious oasis. It's also another example of the producers elbowing their way into large public events and forcing the audience to deal with their stupid dates. Of course in their drug addled state no one probably noticed or cared, but if I'm paying to go to some concert -- even if it's Skrillex or some other stupid dubstep bull#### -- I don't really want to be subjected very special guests Juan Pablo and Kat having their own dance-off for 20 minutes. I hope everyone was properly compensated for having to endure that.
:bow: :lmao: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My wife is on to me. Whenever I sense bikini action, I put my glasses on and put down the iPad. It was a good run.
What's the proper thing to say when watching with the wife and she makes a comment about one of the girls looks?

I mostly keep my own thoughts to myself. Such as "I bet I could give Andi the best 30 seconds of her life."

My wife is on to me. Whenever I sense bikini action, I put my glasses on and put down the iPad. It was a good run.
What's the proper thing to say when watching with the wife and she makes a comment about one of the girls looks?

I mostly keep my own thoughts to myself. Such as "I bet I could give Andi the best 30 seconds of her life."
I alternate between the following:A) "Meh, definitely attractive, but I don't know, not really my type".

B) "I think guys are into her because she acts like a whore".

C) "Yeah, she's obviously gorgeous but I think your face is much prettier".

I only break out C if the woman is supermodel quality and I can't get away with A or B.

Random thoughts from latest episode..

- The blonde on the snow date and Andi the lawyer are my faves right now. And by faves I mean I'd have the most secks with them.

- I can't believe they didn't make snow angels together on that date. I would've bet the house on it.

- That dancer chick thinking telling him she has a son was the biggest hurdle ever. Um, he has a daughter of his own....why would he care?

- Bearded / braided pony tail Producer during that drunk chick meltdown = next Bachelor?

- If I was the Bachelor and went into the bathroom when drunk girl was having attack in the stall I would've totally been smirking and laughing to the cameras. Why can't we get a real dude in there that would do this kind of stuff and not take everything so seriously?

- Can't believe the producers let him cut the token black girl so early. Figured she was slated to be 4 wks minimum to fill protocol.

Random thoughts from latest episode..

- The blonde on the snow date and Andi the lawyer are my faves right now. And by faves I mean I'd have the most secks with them.

- I can't believe they didn't make snow angels together on that date. I would've bet the house on it.

- That dancer chick thinking telling him she has a son was the biggest hurdle ever. Um, he has a daughter of his own....why would he care?

- Bearded / braided pony tail Producer during that drunk chick meltdown = next Bachelor?

- If I was the Bachelor and went into the bathroom when drunk girl was having attack in the stall I would've totally been smirking and laughing to the cameras. Why can't we get a real dude in there that would do this kind of stuff and not take everything so seriously?

- Can't believe the producers let him cut the token black girl so early. Figured she was slated to be 4 wks minimum to fill protocol.
there's another black girl, although much lighter skinned. She probably keeps them in line with the Rooney Rule.

Next we get Kat the medical sales rep who looks a lot closer to 39 than 29. It's a world class dimple, though. It didn't take long to get a private jet date worked in. Remember the date Emily Maynard had with whatshisface at the The Greenbrier in West Virginia? Of course you don't. Pretty short story shorter, the guy was a human sedative and was asked to kindly step away from the unfinished prime rib. Point is, sometimes it doesn't matter how elaborate the date is. If you suck, you're toast. I'm not saying Kat sucks, but you never know.

So as they're lifting off, Kat ponders their destination. The great beaches of Miami? Maybe the bustle and night life New York? You know, when she really thinks about it, she could get used to flying all over the world with her 32 year old retired soccer pro. Well, "pro" in the loose sense that he was paid to play, but not "pro" in the sense that he was any good. I mean, retiring because you had a baby? Who does that? In the history of organized sports, what male athlete has ever retired because he had offspring? How about retired because you weren't talented enough for a lower tier soccer league. Regardless, there won't be much jetsetting on that soccer pension, so don't get your hopes up, Kat.

And what's better than Miami or NYC. Give up? I'll tell you: Salt Lake City, baby. Mormons! Mountains! Michelle Money! Jef Holm! That ####### Bentley! The list goes on and on. There is some seriously ####ed up fascination with SLC. No idea why they are so completely obsessed with a nothing town like this in the middle of nowhere, but I'll be damned if we don't find some new excuse to work it into the show somehow.

And where better than SLC to host the world's only ecstacy-fueled fun run. I think by definition teetotalism excludes MDMA. Pretty sure this is exactly how Brigham Young envisioned things when he founded this religious oasis. It's also another example of the producers elbowing their way into large public events and forcing the audience to deal with their stupid dates. Of course in their drug addled state no one probably noticed or cared, but if I'm paying to go to some concert -- even if it's Skrillex or some other stupid dubstep bull#### -- I don't really want to be subjected very special guests Juan Pablo and Kat having their own dance-off for 20 minutes. I hope everyone was properly compensated for having to endure that.
:bow: :lmao: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Genius. Some of his best work.

I think the season off did us all some good here.

it appears first impression rose opera singer will be the one everybody hates soon after all

the producers are going to have to work extra hard this year capturing actual conversations....JP is not very skilled...luckily they have been putting him in situations, dates, etc.....where he doesn't have to actually talk much...mostly phot shoots, sledding, skating and glowing in the dark when the music is blasting...

I think he speaks better english then he wants us and the girls to believe and that his "go to" move whenever feeling uncomfortable, etc is to butcher a sentence in a cute and sexy manner.....he lays it on a little too thick...

I don't know that there is a ton of substance to this dude past the dreamyness......and I think some of these chicks will see through it if they haven't already (ie: opera singer and Andi)....the hot single dad schtick will wear off pretty soon for some of these girls, but it does appear opera singer has said wth at this point and is going to enjoy the ride for a little while longer....snag a cool trip to some sweet destination before she bows out cause everybody hates her and "I should have trusted my initial feeleings"....

they really dragged out the drunk girl thing and the dancer thing....again helping JP from having to carry on many meaningful conversations....although I thought he did show some game in getting Andi to go nude....now that I think about it....that in itself should make me delete everything I just typed...

I just get the feeling that this ain't a rich bachelor......firestone dude, winery guy....whatever....when he aint jet settin on killer dates...he's not much more than a washed up minor league ball player...

I was hoping Pickles might work in a joke along the lines of "...and ABC chose to show us what happens when you combine 15,000 crazed Mormons and 3 tabs of Ecstasy" somewhere in there, but he nailed it. Bravo.

:no: Juan, Juan, Juan :no:

Here's what went down. Juan Pablo Galavis attended an ABC party Friday evening and made the rounds talking to various members of the media. (He posted some picturesfrom the event on his Twitter account.) That's where he spoke with a reporter from the TV Page, Sean Daly, whoasked JuanPabs if he thought a version of "The Bachelor" featuring gays would be a good idea.

"I don’t think it is a good example for kids to watch that on TV,” "The Bachelor" replied. An interesting opinion, one savvy Twitter user pointed out Saturday morning, given that the father of 4-year-old Camila is hooking up with more than two dozen chicks on national television.

"Now there is fathers having kids and all that," Juan Pablo continued, "and it is hard for me to understand that, too, in the sense of a household having peoples.… Two parents sleeping in the same bed and the kid going into bed…. It is confusing in a sense."

Oh, but it gets worse. Truly.

[SIZE=15.454545021057129px]Juan thinks it would be too hard to watch a gay person on the show because "they're more 'pervert' in a sense. And to me the show would be too strong ... too hard to watch."[/SIZE]
ooooooof

:doh:

just taking a look from a different point of view.....while it's easy to try and make the connection between going to these girls when they are freaking out and being a good "mom".....I'm not as all in on that as others......

the drunk chick was acting like an idiot.....she was drunk....that's all.....she wasn't having some major life changing crisis.....she was drunk....as far as I am concerned they all should have just let her be....she wasn't freaking out cause her mom just died or something.....while I understand a certain responsibility of taking care of my drunk friends.....not sure that needs to hold true in this context....to me that just feeds into the drama that this chick is creating and shows a desire on Renee's part to be part of that drama and the meltdown....if I'm JP this doesn't really earn you any brownie points (which I do believe is part of the reason why she keeps going in to "save the day")....to me, yeah maybe it shows some compassion, etc but it also shows you go out of your way to swim in the dysfunction of girls you have hardly met....

to me the chick that tried to help the drunk chick initially..... the "hey you need to cool your jets" chick ....deserves more props....she tried to help before the meltdown.....going in when there are producers and security and cameras around to help after the meltdown is in it's final stages is an old story.....I would have distanced myself from the mess instead of trying to clean it up.....not sure those brownie points have the affect most people hope they do.....JP is looking for a life partner that he can team with to help raise a little girl.....not manage a drunk.....

nice effort by Renee and she probably is a very nice person.....but this will have zero affect on her staying power other than the obligatory JP saying " I heard you really triessssed to help her d other night and that is part of what I am luuuuuuking for in my journey since I have Camillia in my life" line....followed soon by "but ju knowsss, (as he pets Renee's head) I am a preeeeetttty big deal right now and you'll have to excussssse me while I go stick my tongue halfway down that beautiful young lady's throat over there, yess yesss....ahhh that one over there who is unfortunatleeeeeey way younger and way more caliente than you..."...

Renee is 32 as is JP, and has a kid, as does JP.....it's a lateral move for him, unfortunately for Renee I think he is in the market for something newer and faster......
I don't think we were given enough info to really reach a conclusion regarding Renee's motives in helping both girls, so I guess if she was doing it for gamesmanship purposes, props to her, and if she was doing it because she's a naturally nurturing and empathetic person, even more props to her.

I agree she's a longshot to catch Juan Pablo's eye burdened as she is with the twin boat anchors of age (relatively speaking) and having a kid, but I'm still going to root for her.

I just watched last week's episodes.

1. I like Renee. I like Andi. I like Clare. I like the Opera Singer. The one who was dressed as a bald dog thing in the episode is weird-looking and freaky.

2. Salt Lake City. :lmao: (I know, this has been covered.)

3. Most importantly, I'm going to say it...JP is not hot. Really just not. His eyes are too close together and beady and one is slightly lazy such that they don't quite point the same way. His nose is also very large. ETA: He also appears to be pretty short.

4. I could get over the "not hot" part if he weren't the dumbest and most boring Bachelor this side of Ben the Wine Guy, with an added propensity for talking in some weird form of baby talk.

In sum, :X

3. Most importantly, I'm going to say it...JP is not hot. Really just not. His eyes are too close together and beady and one is slightly lazy such that they don't quite point the same way. His nose is also very large. ETA: He also appears to be pretty short.

Honestly, no one cares about this.

And you're clinically insane if you think he's more boring than winey Ben Fjordnik. I doubt if I scoured the globe for a year that I could find anyone more snore-inducing than him.

JP at least knows how this game is played.

And you're clinically insane if you think he's more boring than winey Ben Fjordnik. I doubt if I scoured the globe for a year that I could find anyone more snore-inducing than him.

I'm going to go ahead and say that women care about whether he's hot. And women are actually the audience for this. Which is not to say that women in general don't find him hot (no idea), but only that say "honestly" that no one cares make you clinically insane.

As to the latter, maybe you're right and I've just erased Ben from my mind too much. Right now he just seems much more annoying with the whiny baby voice.

I'm going to go ahead and say that women care about whether he's hot. And women are actually the audience for this. Which is not to say that women in general don't find him hot (no idea), but only that say "honestly" that no one cares make you clinically insane.

As to the latter, maybe you're right and I've just erased Ben from my mind too much. Right now he just seems much more annoying with the whiny baby voice.
I think no one here cares much about your hot or not opinion.

His eyes are a trainwreck, I'll spot you that.

And yes, Ben was a complete disaster. Of everyone that's been on this show, he's my leading candidate for "most likely to have bought his way in."

I think no one here cares much about your hot or not opinion.
Oh, I missed the part where you were just being an ####### for no particular reason. Got it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread