What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

15' Anaconda on the run in my neighborhood (1 Viewer)

While watching the draft Saturday, a guy comes to the door and says that his 15 foot Anaconda is on the loose, and have I seen it. I tell him no, thinking that there must be a hidden camera, or one of my friends has paid this guy to play a horrible prank. After about 10 minutes I realize this guy is legit, and he tells me the story of how he and his wife have the monstrous snake that was in their home when they left on Friday, which is about a block from our home, but now it is missing from their home. He assures me that the snake would be deadly to kids and pets (I have 4 year old twins), and there are a lot of young children in our neighborhood. It is Sunday night and our neighborhood association had an emergency meeting to see if anyone had seen this snake and if there was anything that could be done. The neighborhood is all in a frenzy (rightfully so), and the police can not do anything about this situation until someone actually spots the snake or is eaten. Everyone has their dogs inside, and the park is completely desolate. My wife is scared to go to or get out of her car without me walking her to and from the house.

Has anyone ever had any experience a with snakes this large, and if it is still alive where would be the best place to find it? TIA

I will keep you posted unless I am the one the snake decides to eat.

Maybe they could take those 4 motorcycle cops (the popo that give me a ticket) away from writing tickets long enough to maybe do some real police work and hunt down a GIANT SNAKE!
My wife. :thumbdown:
When I saw the topic, my first thought was "I wonder how long before somebody makes a "You should see my snake" reference." The correct answer is post #11.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sightings of the snake. People still gather at the local park with liquid courage and speak of getting together a posse once more. I will keep the board posted.

You need to update the title, that snake's gotta be about 18' now after swallowing a few local children

It has been 1 year to the day that I got the fateful knock at the door from a man searching for his lost 15' Anaconda. I am again in the same position as that day, watching the NFL draft on the couch. The weather is a little different, and I am a year older, as is the snake. The snake is out there among us probably smarter, faster, and a lot bigger. The snake has learned our ways, and is probably using them against us. Several pets have not come back home during this past year, and many hearts have been broken. We the residents of Stone Creek Farms always keep a watchful eye when we are out walking, or are kids are playing in the parks. The neighborhood doesn't have the same "friendly" feel that it once had, but when people only go out in the high sun, it doesn't leave time for idle chit chat, and new friend making. Broken Arrow Police have not had any leads and the Tulsa County Animal Control is not actively pursuing the beast. Your prayers are much appreciated. Updates as needed.

It has been 1 year to the day that I got the fateful knock at the door from a man searching for his lost 15' Anaconda. I am again in the same position as that day, watching the NFL draft on the couch. The weather is a little different, and I am a year older, as is the snake. The snake is out there among us probably smarter, faster, and a lot bigger. The snake has learned our ways, and is probably using them against us. Several pets have not come back home during this past year, and many hearts have been broken. We the residents of Stone Creek Farms always keep a watchful eye when we are out walking, or are kids are playing in the parks. The neighborhood doesn't have the same "friendly" feel that it once had, but when people only go out in the high sun, it doesn't leave time for idle chit chat, and new friend making. Broken Arrow Police have not had any leads and the Tulsa County Animal Control is not actively pursuing the beast. Your prayers are much appreciated. Updates as needed.
Chances are he's dead. Probably eaten by a bigger snake.

I was happy at the thought of the first sentence, saddened by the second.Thanks, I think

:lmao:

The newly installed snake monitors have not gone off since they were installed last spring. I know they are working correctly since they had kids crawl around to see if they would pick up motions. But, the number of missing cats in our neighborhood has increased 10 fold since April of 2008.

The newly installed snake monitors have not gone off since they were installed last spring. I know they are working correctly since they had kids crawl around to see if they would pick up motions. But, the number of missing cats in our neighborhood has increased 10 fold since April of 2008.
what was the guys reaction after he lost his pet? People in Florida are going nuts over owning pythons.

what was the guys reaction after he lost his pet? People in Florida are going nuts over owning pythons.
He seemed depressed like he lost a friend. I would have gave him a shoulder to cry on, but I was terrified about the snake being on the run, so I wasn't thinking clearly. The man should be on his 3rd or 4th stage (Kubler Ross) of grieving by Christmas.

How to determine sex of snake:

Visual Identification

The first method is to visually see a difference in tail size and structure. Males have two hemipenes which are stored next to each other at the base of the tail. Each hemipene (wtf?) is tucked into its own 'pocket'.

The effect of this is quite simple, it makes the tail appear fatter for a longer distance, generally making the overall tail length longer also. A female's tail narrows right from the base, making it almost 'carrot' shaped. The exact shape and length varies from species to species, but generally, the male has a longer tail.

Some species of snake are even easier to identify the sex. In some boas and pythons, males have prominent 'spurs' either side of their cloaca. This however, is not a guaranteed method in many species, as females too have spurs.

Probing

The second method is by use of a probe. A small, rounded metal rod can be inserted into the tail through the cloaca into the two 'pockets' either side of the base of the tail. The probe will penetrate farther into the male, whereas the female will only probe just a few scale lengths. This method should be carried out only by experienced keepers; it is a dangerous task if wrongly executed. Minimal force is needed for the probe to penetrate, yet it is a known mistake for people to apply too much pressure, resulting in the rupture of a female's scent glands. A lubricant must be used on the probe (AMEN), Vaseline or KY Jelly are common substances to be used in this manner. Or, saliva maybe?

Popping

The third method can be used on juvenile snakes. It is referred to as 'popping' (is this like break dancing), which involves manually manipulating the hemipenes out of the male snake, while a female will slightly evert her scent glands. This method works better with younger snakes, directly after hatching is the time to obtain best results. At this age, the snake has not developed much muscle tone, making it relatively easy to force the hemipenes from the pockets.

I will explain how to do this if you are right handed like me. With your left hand, hold the body of the snake upside down in such a manner that the cloaca is held above the level of the rest of the body. With your right hand, pull the tail downwards slightly, and have your thumb resting approximately 2cm away from the cloaca. Gently roll and push your thumb down and across towards the cloaca, while at the same time bringing the tail upwards. This whole process sounds very complicated on paper, but I assure you it's easy once you get the hang of it. I highly recommend you to be taught this method by an experienced keeper before giving it a go yourself.

http://www.male-enhancement-us.com/uploads...ke_penises1.jpg

Well there you have it!

. . . The snake has learned our ways, and is probably using them against us . . .

Therein lies my concern.

Once the snake learns the language, mannerisms and dress code he will blend in as if he belongs. Pretty soon you'll be going to games with Mike, Larry and his new friend Chis. You notice that Chis is a little shorter, maybe moves differently than the others, but hey he loves the Sooners so he's got to be okay. Heck, Chris even spots you a few bucks when you're running short for a beer. Yeah, little by little Chris earns your trust.

So one day you invite Chris over for dinner and while your up grabbing a beer he wraps himself around your pet and begins choking it. Your like "Damn Chris, is this because of the 5 bucks I owe you for beer"? And then you suddenly realize that Chris is not what you think he is.

The small dog and cat population in our neighborhood continues to dwindle. We lost a cat that was calico in color that the boys had named Cheeto. I was able to find another calico cat that was of similar color and size and now the twins call him Cheeto. My wife and I call him Cheeto 2, but the boys can't tell the difference. Crazy times we live in.

The small dog and cat population in our neighborhood continues to dwindle. We lost a cat that was calico in color that the boys had named Cheeto. I was able to find another calico cat that was of similar color and size and now the twins call him Cheeto. My wife and I call him Cheeto 2, but the boys can't tell the difference. Crazy times we live in.
:lmao:

4 years roughly and still no capture of the "snake!" Locals don't speak his name and he has become as elusive as the Chupacabra. The innocence that once was Stone Canyon Neighborhood is no more, but we move forward trying to make a new life out of the ruins.

4 years roughly and still no capture of the "snake!" Locals don't speak his name and he has become as elusive as the Chupacabra. The innocence that once was Stone Canyon Neighborhood is no more, but we move forward trying to make a new life out of the ruins.
Could be worst! That is you could still have all of those small dogs endlessly yapping away.

Still no sign.  Sad to see signs of a missing cat or dog knowing it will never come home.  If I ever do find this mother ####er I will make a snake skin thong and upload a pic.  

Users who are viewing this thread