What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Bengal in trouble. (1 Viewer)

With one more arrest the Bengals can legally change their status from being a team to a gang.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth, I suspect, lies somewhere between "she 'nicely approached' Brooks and asked him to stop" and "she got all up in his grille and provoked him to start a lawsuit".

The truth, I suspect, lies somewhere between "she 'nicely approached' Brooks and asked him to stop" and "she got all up in his grille and provoked him to start a lawsuit".
So you're saying that there is some provocation she made of him that justifies him giving her a black eye? Please explain.

Seems a little fishy that this happened April 9 and we are just hearing about this. If she did call 911 the police

would have shown up and probably would have arrested or got a warrant for him. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Seems a little fishy that this happened April 9 and we are just hearing about this. If she did call 911 the policewould have shown up and probably would have arrested or got a warrant for him. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.
she did go to the hospital so there will be records of her injuries if this did happen. It is strange that it took almost a month for us to hear about, especially if she blacked out from the hit.

Maybe the Bengals need to go back to the old uniforms with the helmets that said Bengals? These guys seem too comfortable wearing stripes.

And they just cut Anthony Schlegel (sp?) this morning. Maybe they can catch him before he leaves the building.

So you're saying that there is some provocation she made of him that justifies him giving her a black eye? Please explain.
Do we know if he did?
Who knows, but that's a different argument. I'd point out that the incident as reported seems to have a lot of witnesses, and she got medical treatment immediately. I was addressing the statement that "she got all up in his grille and provoked him to start a lawsuit", as if that sort of provocation could somehow be justified.

Do we know if he did?
Why on earth are you protecting a 300 pound man punching a woman in the face. What's wrong with you?

Funny that this is the guy they drafted because of Odell getting suspended. Now Odell's back in and this guys seems on his way out. Has an NFL franchise ever been officially kicked out of a town? Like just told to pack up their crap and go? God that would be hilarious.

Funny that this is the guy they drafted because of Odell getting suspended. Now Odell's back in and this guys seems on his way out. Has an NFL franchise ever been officially kicked out of a town? Like just told to pack up their crap and go? God that would be hilarious.
I heard that Cincy is trying to trade the Bengals for a 6 pack and gas money. The trade was rejected as too lopsided in favor of the beer and gas.

Doesn't this seem odd at all to anyone?:

Florence police spokesman John McDermond confirmed that officers responded to the scene after the fight. He said the incident is considered a fourth-degree assault and that officers have to witness it to make an arrest.McDermond said officers’ involvement was limited to explaining to Rosich how to fill out a criminal summons.

Dude went to my high school. Graduated a year before me. Was pretty reserved back then.
Didn't he have trouble in college though? He went in the supplemental draft due to some kind of problem.
It was more than pot. That was the issue that surfaced but that was a contributing factor in him getting kicked off the team early and entering the supplemental draft. I wasn't really part of that circle of friends but I find it hard to believe. He may be dumb as rocks (couldnt even get an 800 on his SAT) but he didnt seem like someone who would hit a defenseless woman back when I knew him. But he really doesnt have a favorable track record so it's hard to give him the benefit of the doubt. That being said, the Bengals should just start over ala the Falcons.

Florence police spokesman John McDermond confirmed that officers responded to the scene after the fight. He said the incident is considered a fourth-degree assault and that officers have to witness it to make an arrest.McDermond said officers’ involvement was limited to explaining to Rosich how to fill out a criminal summons.
Yeah. That seemed incredibly odd. I guess in Cincy a police officer has to be present at an assault for them to do anything Remind me never to go back there.

Yeah. That seemed incredibly odd. I guess in Cincy a police officer has to be present at an assault for them to do anything Remind me never to go back there.
Florence is in Kentucky genius.

Wrong. They have to be present and witness the event to arrest the person on the spot. Absent that, they will follow up if the victim presses charges, which is what happened in this case. That's exactly as it should be, unless you think it's swell living in a world where your jerky next door neighbor can flag down a patrol car and have you arrested based upon a frivolous verbal allegation.

:rolleyes:ETA: First team to follow the super-bowl shuffle with a gangsta rap video? Whoever made that Vick "Dog's in the Kennel" video needs to get to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump Keith Rivers in your dynasy rankings.
Why? Did the Bengals just spend a top 10 pick on a guy that needed Ahmad Brooks to get in trouble to elevate his value? Rivers was a starter the second Cincinnati drafted him. Brooks has nothing to do with his value.
I think you're overstating things a tad. Cincy drafted for need at LB in a relatively weak year for LB's, at least at the upper end of the scale. I also am unsure whether Cincy necessarily intended/intends for Rivers to play the Mike or one of the OLB positions - it seemed to me like they were going to try different combinations to see what worked the best. Rivers is capable of doing both.

Bengals are always getting in trouble in KY... why don't they stay in Ohio?

Why? Did the Bengals just spend a top 10 pick on a guy that needed Ahmad Brooks to get in trouble to elevate his value? Rivers was a starter the second Cincinnati drafted him. Brooks has nothing to do with his value.
I think you're overstating things a tad. Cincy drafted for need at LB in a relatively weak year for LB's, at least at the upper end of the scale. I also am unsure whether Cincy necessarily intended/intends for Rivers to play the Mike or one of the OLB positions - it seemed to me like they were going to try different combinations to see what worked the best. Rivers is capable of doing both.
I think Rivers, Brooks, and Thurman could play well at any of three spots.

My View - Theirs no truth to the rumors that the Florence woman he punched, was actually Florence Henderson. Brooks is a fool, and better watch out or Bobby and Buddy Hinton may gang up on him.

I was kind of joking.But even so, if Brooks is gone, whoever they replace him with probably won't be as good, leaving more tackles for Rivers.

Bengals are always getting in trouble in KY... why don't they stay in Ohio?
Seriously. Our cops know to leave them alone.

BuckeyeArt said:

That was because there's more to this than 'she “nicely approached” Brooks and asked him to stop and “take it somewhere else,".' The cops were probably hearing different stories at the scene and assumed this woman had more involvement in the altercation then she was claiming.

Maybe the locals can let us know. Is this a pretty nice, upscale area where a young millionaire might hang out with his buddies, or is the area a run down, blighted area where one might hope to score drugs and/or hookers? Not saying he can't have acquantances throughout the socio-economic scale, just asking.

what an idiot... yea out of college he was a risk/reward kind of guy... good talent with problems off the field... what a way to prove they made the right decision. Also, what a convenient time for Thurman to be reinstated... obviously he's not in perfect "football shape" but with him back... keith rivers... brooks has become totally expendable.

All Brooks has to do is have his attorney show some game film in his defense. Anybody that watches the Bengals games knows Brooks won't hit anybody.

Pretty nice area

Pools in the yards. Florence is pretty suburban, but not very upscale.

This still smells like 3-week-old fish.
Florence Y'AllCan't believe this has a Wiki entry.
The tower holds approximately one million gallons of water, and was constructed in the early 1970s by the Pittsburgh-Des Moines Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania*. The plain water tower gathered little, if any attention. In 1974, the Virginia Erection Co. ** was contracted to paint the words "Florence Mall" to advertise the forthcoming Mall style shopping center - something new to the region. Mayor CM "Hop" Ewing was informed in July of 1974 by the Bureau of Highways that the signage was in violation of the law, as there was a restriction on how tall a sign promoting a business could be.Many solutions were suggested, including everything from the obvious repainting of the tower, to covering the structure with a large tarpaulin. No inexpensive options seemed available.

During a brainstorming session with other civil staff, Ewing devised the idea of removing the vertical lines at the sides of the M in MALL to make it a Y; becoming Y'ALL. Ewing himself admitted at the time that it was a "corny" solution, but cost effective. The city paid $472 to the W.T. Marx Company of Cincinnati, Ohio to make the changes; whereas a complete repaint would have been nearly three times as much. With the completion of the modified paint job, the landmark was born.

The tower was recognized shortly after the change, in a national Reader's Digest publication. The tower is an instantly recognizable landmark, even inspiring the naming of the annual Florence festival to the "Florence Y'all" fest.

* - Clearly it's a conspiracy and Florence has an anti-Bengal bias. :rolleyes:

** - Hehe - it says erection co. - hehe hehe

-QG

Pretty nice area

Pools in the yards. Florence is pretty suburban, but not very upscale.

This still smells like 3-week-old fish.
Florence Y'AllCan't believe this has a Wiki entry.
The tower holds approximately one million gallons of water, and was constructed in the early 1970s by the Pittsburgh-Des Moines Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania*. The plain water tower gathered little, if any attention. In 1974, the Virginia Erection Co. ** was contracted to paint the words "Florence Mall" to advertise the forthcoming Mall style shopping center - something new to the region. Mayor CM "Hop" Ewing was informed in July of 1974 by the Bureau of Highways that the signage was in violation of the law, as there was a restriction on how tall a sign promoting a business could be.Many solutions were suggested, including everything from the obvious repainting of the tower, to covering the structure with a large tarpaulin. No inexpensive options seemed available.

During a brainstorming session with other civil staff, Ewing devised the idea of removing the vertical lines at the sides of the M in MALL to make it a Y; becoming Y'ALL. Ewing himself admitted at the time that it was a "corny" solution, but cost effective. The city paid $472 to the W.T. Marx Company of Cincinnati, Ohio to make the changes; whereas a complete repaint would have been nearly three times as much. With the completion of the modified paint job, the landmark was born.

The tower was recognized shortly after the change, in a national Reader's Digest publication. The tower is an instantly recognizable landmark, even inspiring the naming of the annual Florence festival to the "Florence Y'all" fest.

* - Clearly it's a conspiracy and Florence has an anti-Bengal bias. :tinfoilhat:

** - Hehe - it says erection co. - hehe hehe

-QG
This is my favorite part. "cripes, we can't afford $1,500 for a new paint job!"

Learned something new. I always thought they painted it because people kept getting off the highway, looking for the 'forthcoming" mall, before it was built.

Users who are viewing this thread