What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shaun Alexander having discussions with Colts. (1 Viewer)

MechEng

Footballguy
Link

This article mentions that the Colts have had talks with him. If healthy I could see him backing up Addai and

providing a breather on a series or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the veteran minimum plateau off after so many years of experience. The only way that I could see this happen is if SA is planning on coming in at veteran minumum salary. So, is Rhodes cheaper. Keep in mind that Rhodes picked up that DUI on his way out of town (like 2 months prior to moving away to Oakland)....that might not sit well with the Colts F.O.

King of the Jungle said:
Cheaper alternative would be to sign Rhodes. He knows the system and performed well. Addai, Rhodes, and Hart would be pretty solid.
You don't know that it would be that much cheaper. Maybe Alexander is holding out for the big bucks, but maybe he has already made a ton and wants to go to a winner where he could stay on a few years instead of getting beat up at a bad team for 1 maybe 2 years. I don't know how many examples of guys like that in the NFL, but we sure have seen it a bunch in the NBA and I think in MLB as well. I also have no idea what Alexander is thinking, but if he is talking to the Colts, then he absolutely must be thinking about it because with Freeney, Manning, et al, I think they don't have huge cap room and he has to know Addai is #1.

Rhodes just signed with the colts for about the minimum.

Alexander needs to find somewhere else to call home. Maybe Saints or Texans.

I would be surprised if the Saints made a move with Bush, McAllister, and Thomas in the fold. Who would be the biggest loser in that scenario?

King of the Jungle said:
perry147 said:

I would be surprised if the Saints made a move with Bush, McAllister, and Thomas in the fold. Who would be the biggest loser in that scenario?
In another thread there are some sources stating that there was an interest in SA from the Saints. I think withl McAllister still recovering from his injury it might be a safe move to be able to sign SA if all he wants is the minimum. But the Texans IMHO might be a much better fit.

King of the Jungle said:
perry147 said:

In another thread there are some sources stating that there was an interest in SA from the Saints. I think withl McAllister still recovering from his injury it might be a safe move to be able to sign SA if all he wants is the minimum. But the Texans IMHO might be a much better fit.
The Saints have talked to Alexander....Not sure if they had him in for a work out though...

Users who are viewing this thread