Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How much do you spend on Alcohol and Tobacco

Chaka

Well? How much?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spin-off of the controlled substances thread.

I am curious to see how many people actually have a budget for their vices.

:unsure::shrug:

Roughly 4 cases per month (domestic) plus a few drinks out per month = $120 or so.4-5 cans of snuff per week = at least $80/month.

Fair enough.

collecting wine (even on a small scale) is an expensive hobby

No doubt and it represents over 90% of my budget for vices.

:lmao: I'm in a "well over $200" a month category.Voted over $200 for tobacco as well as the boyfriend smokes about a pack a day.

Same goes for the Tobacco poll. A pack a day smoker is easily $700-$1000 (cigs are about $6 a pack here)

Looks like I am out of touch.New choices added.

Same goes for the Tobacco poll. A pack a day smoker is easily $700-$1000 (cigs are about $6 a pack here)

Looks like I am out of touch.
with fuzzy math, i'm assuming.
I am much stronger with chewy math.

Looks like I am out of touch.
with fuzzy math, i'm assuming.
I am much stronger with chewy math.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (chewbanks can too make teh juice)

Roughly 4 cases per month (domestic) plus a few drinks out per month = $120 or so.4-5 cans of snuff per week = at least $80/month.

And here I was thinking that Copeman was a reference to Myron.Copenhagen, right?

I'll get one of these for $11.99 and it will last me for over a month.

18 packer

If I feel like spending $13.99 I will get a 30 pack of Keystone that will last two months easy.

And here I was thinking that Copeman was a reference to Myron.Copenhagen, right?
You got it. Although I do love Myron may he RIP.

I actually should have put $1-50 since I do buy some win occassionally, although just a couple bottles a month.

Does anyone actually budget for this in their monthly expenses?

I don't. My wine club memberships are auto debit and I seldom think about that expense.

The odd bottle of Becherovka (truly nectar of the Gods) that I always have on hand is not budgeted for either, I just get a new one when the old one is empty. Same with the occasional beer purchases I make.

Any vices at all NC?Just curious, you don't have to answer (I am sure you know that but I just want you to know that I won't be offended if you don't, it's a personal question).

Looks like I am out of touch.New choices added.
Yeah but a pack a day at $6 X 30 is still only $180 per month, to get to your figures you would have to be smoking 5 packs a day.

Any vices at all NC?Just curious, you don't have to answer (I am sure you know that but I just want you to know that I won't be offended if you don't, it's a personal question).
He's been hooked on the FFA for a while now.

Does anyone actually budget for this in their monthly expenses?

I don't. My wine club memberships are auto debit and I seldom think about that expense.

The odd bottle of Becherovka (truly nectar of the Gods) that I always have on hand is not budgeted for either, I just get a new one when the old one is empty. Same with the occasional beer purchases I make.

Budget? No. Expect to spend about $100/week... yes.

I can't kick it man.But seriously my only remaining vice is of the natural variety and I don't spend much on it. One of the benefits of restaurant work is cheap and easy access.

i voted $151-$200 but after rethinking it, i would like to change my vote to the $400 a month range

$100 per week in booze seems about right, maybe a bit low, but about right

Spin-off of the controlled substances thread.I am curious to see how many people actually have a budget for their vices. :goodposting::goodposting:

Actually, once I started budgeting my in home consumption of alcohol, that's when I figured that I need to drink less. In home drinking: $125Bar and dinner: $150

wow, some of you are probably literally smoking and drinking your retirement money away...

But I guess overall the numbers weren't very high...

I thought I was semi-excessive on booze at like $120 a month, and I buy a lot of that to share with other people since my house is kind of where people congregate.

I can't kick it man.But seriously my only remaining vice is of the natural variety and I don't spend much on it. One of the benefits of restaurant work is cheap and easy access.
Thank goodness. I was worried you were an abstainer.Hitler was an abstainer, then again he was also vegetarian...I wonder where moops falls on the vices question? I've had my eye on him for awhile.

Spin-off of the controlled substances thread.I am curious to see how many people actually have a budget for their vices. :goodposting::goodposting:

Actually, once I started budgeting my in home consumption of alcohol, that's when I figured that I need to drink less. In home drinking: $125Bar and dinner: $150
I bet if more people actually budgeted their alcohol consumption they would come to the same conclusion.

:mellow: I'm in a "well over $200" a month category.Voted over $200 for tobacco as well as the boyfriend smokes about a pack a day.
You need to send him out here to Lake County. Cartons are like $35.

Interesting poll/topic

I'm a beer drinker and I tend to drink a good amount of it. I occasionally have a couple during the week, but the vast majority of drinking takes place on the weekends while home.

I don't budget for it at all, but I would say it's over $200 per month + rum and vodka for my wife. So probably close to $300 or so.

$0 on tobacco.

Thank goodness. I was worried you were an abstainer.Hitler was an abstainer, then again he was also vegetarian...I wonder where moops falls on the vices question? I've had my eye on him for awhile.
I am slowly shedding all my vices. Some day I will also be an abstainer. I promise not to round up any minority populations and enact the final solution though.

Archived