What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (1 Viewer)

Incidentally, Aaron may be a prophet with the thread title. Mike and The Mad Dog may not be done. Dog's contract with Sirius/XM expires in a month or so, and it doesn't look like they have any interest in giving him a new deal. So Russo will likely be a free agent, and some people think he may be reunited with Mr. Perfect.
Been waiting for this for 5 yrs. All will be right once again if the dream team is back.

It's been a few weeks. Time for an update.

3) Yesterday, a caller suggests that Ichiro should bat 2nd to help the Yankees' struggling offense. Mike screams at him, saying "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???? YOU DON'T BAT THREE LEFTIES IN A ROW!!!" So today the Yankees lineup comes out -- 24 hours after that phone call. Not only is Ichiro batting 2nd, but the Yanks have *FIVE* lefties batting in a row at the top of the order. :lmao: You can't make it up.

So a dude calls up and says he owes the Ichiro caller from yesterday an apology. All Tubby had to do was say "Absolutely... I was wrong." But that's not his style. Instead, shockingly, he goes into his usual inane BLAH BLAH BLAH bulls##t and makes some lame excuse
Just because Girardi is stupid enough to do it doesn't mean it's the right move. He was right as usual, that caller was a moron.

LONG LIVE THE KING

Incidentally, Aaron may be a prophet with the thread title. Mike and The Mad Dog may not be done. Dog's contract with Sirius/XM expires in a month or so, and it doesn't look like they have any interest in giving him a new deal. So Russo will likely be a free agent, and some people think he may be reunited with Mr. Perfect.
Been waiting for this for 5 yrs. All will be right once again if the dream team is back.
Not sure how it would work contractually.

Mike makes $5M/year. Dog's contract was for $3M/year. If Sirius doesn't want to pick up that deal, would CBS/WFAN want to pay him that for the pair to reunite? And if so, would Dog be fine making slightly more than half of what Mike makes?

3) Yesterday, a caller suggests that Ichiro should bat 2nd to help the Yankees' struggling offense. Mike screams at him, saying "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???? YOU DON'T BAT THREE LEFTIES IN A ROW!!!" So today the Yankees lineup comes out -- 24 hours after that phone call. Not only is Ichiro batting 2nd, but the Yanks have *FIVE* lefties batting in a row at the top of the order. :lmao: You can't make it up.

So a dude calls up and says he owes the Ichiro caller from yesterday an apology. All Tubby had to do was say "Absolutely... I was wrong." But that's not his style. Instead, shockingly, he goes into his usual inane BLAH BLAH BLAH bulls##t and makes some lame excuse
Just because Girardi is stupid enough to do it doesn't mean it's the right move. He was right as usual, that caller was a moron.

LONG LIVE THE KING
Mike... IS THAT YOU?

Just like him to think he knows more than the manager of the team.

LONG LIVE THE KING
Mike... IS THAT YOU?Just like him to think he knows more than the manager of the team.
Oh, I wouldnt think there was ever any doubt he feels like he knows more than most younger (than him) managers.

Just because Girardi is stupid enough to do it doesn't mean it's the right move. He was right as usual, that caller was a moron.LONG LIVE THE KING
Mike... IS THAT YOU?Just like him to think he knows more than the manager of the team.
Mike Francesser is da real managa of da Yanks. Everything Joe Girardi knows was taught to him by Francesser.

Everyone knows that Phil Mushnick (lovable curmudgeon, NY Post) hates Francesa. I knew it stemmed from 9/11 and "the lost tapes" from that show, but I never knew exactly what happened. The first few posts here do a good job of summing it up.http://www.mikefrancesa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535
Not surprised that's where the Mushnick hate comes from. I demand you denounce him now! You cannot bring up Israel in any, even remotely negative light to Jewish folks. They are quick to label and once you're labeled, you're finished. I am so not surprised and this makes me so much more secure in my FranDog backing.

Everyone knows that Phil Mushnick (lovable curmudgeon, NY Post) hates Francesa. I knew it stemmed from 9/11 and "the lost tapes" from that show, but I never knew exactly what happened. The first few posts here do a good job of summing it up.http://www.mikefrancesa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1535
Not surprised that's where the Mushnick hate comes from. I demand you denounce him now! You cannot bring up Israel in any, even remotely negative light to Jewish folks. They are quick to label and once you're labeled, you're finished. I am so not surprised and this makes me so much more secure in my FranDog backing.
Um, yeah.

If anything were to "finish" you, it would be your own words RBM.

This ARod defense by Fatso is a bit odd; nobody in the entire world is defending him except Mike which is probably by design to be the contrarian. The issue is that he won't address the Biogenisis stuff, so he just comes across as an AROD schill

This ARod defense by Fatso is a bit odd; nobody in the entire world is defending him except Mike which is probably by design to be the contrarian. The issue is that he won't address the Biogenisis stuff, so he just comes across as an AROD schill
He sucks up to most rich/famous people. Maybe you've noticed.

exactly. He acts as if every yankee fan wants to see arod come back and the yankees are holding him back. He doesnt realize not a single fan wants him back

Just saw on Twitter that Russo has re-signed with SiriusXM. We can finally say they're done.

Dog is getting a daily show on MLB Network starting in 2014 as well.

Just saw on Twitter that Russo has re-signed with SiriusXM. We can finally say they're done.

Dog is getting a daily show on MLB Network starting in 2014 as well.
:FACE PALM: x1000 for whomever made the decision to re-up that contract. His show is BRUTAL!

RIP to Mad Dog's dad. They had a great relationship, at least from the calls I heard.

Mad Dog Radio has a much different lineup now. Dino Costa has left. That's one interesting dude.

Dino Costa is now on in the morning on XM 208/Sirius 92. They bumped Steve Czaban's national show from those channels :no:

meant to bump this thread last week...

mike was talking about the debacle of the mariano bobblehead dolls.

mentions how he doesnt understand the whole craze and such, why would anyone want one etc....

"i have never brought a bobble head home....the only one i have is of (some producer forgot his name) and the only reason i have it is because its funny"

Two-plus weeks ago, Mike Francesa applied his all-knowing wisdom to the AL wild-card race:

"The only team with absolutely no shot is Cleveland."

Presto! Cleveland won 14 of 17, finished with 10 straight victories, and won a wild card.

Absolute genius. Love how he picked up on this also:

Speaking of mispronounced words, Francesa cannot say the word "worry"... he says WERRY. And it's been driving me nuts for years. Last week, a guy calls up and says "Hey Mike... just wanna know if you are werried about the Knicks. I mean, do we have anything to werry about? Should we werry about the Pacers? How about Melo, should we werry?" :lol:

Mike knew he was being stupid, but he had no idea what the guy was clowning him about.

Speaking of mispronounced words, Francesa cannot say the word "worry"... he says WERRY. And it's been driving me nuts for years. Last week, a guy calls up and says "Hey Mike... just wanna know if you are werried about the Knicks. I mean, do we have anything to werry about? Should we werry about the Pacers? How about Melo, should we werry?" :lol:

Mike knew he was being stupid, but he had no idea what the guy was clowning him about.
His arrogance is really comical. One of my favorite calls ever (wish I could find a clip) was a guy a few years ago who called to let Mike know that the Indianapolis Colts head coach's name was Caldwell, not Cardwell. Mike blew him off, blaming his Long Island accent for his mispronunciation. Yet he won't hesitate to interrupt a caller and correct them if they mispronounce someone's name. Such a pompous doosh. :lmao:

His arrogance is really comical. One of my favorite calls ever (wish I could find a clip) was a guy a few years ago who called to let Mike know that the Indianapolis Colts head coach's name was Caldwell, not Cardwell. Mike blew him off, blaming his Long Island accent for his mispronunciation. Yet he won't hesitate to interrupt a caller and correct them if they mispronounce someone's name. Such a pompous doosh. :lmao:
Heard that one. He got STEAMED.

"Cawd-well... CALD-well... what's the difference?"

What a jackass. The difference is that the man's name is not pronounced CAWD-WELL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread