What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (2 Viewers)

Counting down the minutes until the top of the hour...

Francesa should be in rare form after disastrous performances by both the Giants and Jets in important games.

:popcorn:

Did anyone listen this afternoon? His sarcastic commentary after the Jets press conference had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I was watching on YES, so I got the gestures and facial expressions, too.

Did anyone listen this afternoon? His sarcastic commentary after the Jets press conference had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. I was watching on YES, so I got the gestures and facial expressions, too.
Damn - I was in a store post press conference. Heard is earlier commentary though. Easily my favorite commentator on the Jets.-QG

Mike and the Mad Dog had a reunion today! Video on the YES Website, audio on WFAN.com good stuff, lot of fun. Lets hope they do one permanently!

Mike and the Mad Dog had a reunion today! Video on the YES Website, audio on WFAN.com good stuff, lot of fun. Lets hope they do one permanently!
I miss those two. LA sports radio is atrocious. I thought Yankeee fans were bad with there calls until I heard Laker fans.

The sum is SO much greater than the sum of those two parts. Doggie is amusing on his own, for a short while. Mike is unlistenable after 5 minutes, when alone.Together they are like gin and tonic - magic.Was lucky enough to catch 30 minutes of the spot on doggie's channel on sirius, was like ol' times. Great energy.

LMAO dude fell asleep ON the airhttp://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/watch_wfan_francesa_falls_asleep_ip15fkedo3IMRq2RHsjDXO
:lmao: :lmao: Amazing
Fantastic. No hiding that head snap either.
:lmao: :lmao: Such a shame the guys behind the glass told him what happened, giving him a chance to quickly gather himself. Especially since he throws them under the bus whenever ANYTHING goes wrong. It's also a shame that Mushnick is on vacation. This would make his year.

'comfortably numb said:
lol, what is it about seeing a grown man fighting to stay awake and eventually falling asleep that is so funny
Not a grown man at the time, but here's my 17 year old brother's version of

Crazy as it seems, one of my favorite memories of Mike & Dog's show was the Jeff Torborg Report in '92. Poor schmuck was under contract to do a daily interview, and by around August the Mets were completely out of contention. You could tell Mike and Chris were struggling to keep it interesting, and after a while they made it a running joke. Mike started one of these saying something like "Well Jeff, that's 5 straight losses and the second time this season you've been swept by the Cubs. Nice weather we're having isn't it?" :lmao:

Torborg made it worse by being completely vanilla and optimistic. I'll never forget the callers, seething with rage after every Torborg spot. "If I hear him say one more time that Hojo only knows one speed and that's flat out, I'm gonna shoot myself!!!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now is the time of year I start listening to Mike again. I'm a Giants fan, don't care much for baseball anymore. I think he's a colossal ****, but that makes him entertaining to me, especially how he makes fun of the Jets. And I think he's reasonably well informed, obviously very opinionated, and gets great guests every week. It goes without saying the show suffers without Dog, but he's the only sports talk show I'll listen to.

:unsure:
Crazy as it seems, one of my favorite memories of Mike & Dog's show was the Jeff Torborg Report in '92. Poor schmuck was under contract to do a daily interview, and by around August the Mets were completely out of contention. You could tell Mike and Chris were struggling to keep it interesting, and after a while they made it a running joke. Mike started one of these saying something like "Well Jeff, that's 5 straight losses and the second time this season you've been swept by the Cubs. Nice weather we're having isn't it?" :lmao:Torborg made it worse by being completely vanilla and optimistic. I'll never forget the callers, seething with rage after every Torborg spot. "If I hear him say one more time that Hojo only knows one speed and that's flat out, I'm gonna shoot myself!!!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:Now is the time of year I start listening to Mike again. I'm a Giants fan, don't care much for baseball anymore. I think he's a colossal ****, but that makes him entertaining to me, especially how he makes fun of the Jets. And I think he's reasonably well informed, obviously very opinionated, and gets great guests every week. It goes without saying the show suffers without Dog, but he's the only sports talk show I'll listen to.
My favorite part of the show every year was the SB contest and all the dickmitten questions/clips Dog would come up with. They were merciless as soon as somebody screwed up. Never been the same since Russo left.

Crazy as it seems, one of my favorite memories of Mike & Dog's show was the Jeff Torborg Report in '92. Poor schmuck was under contract to do a daily interview, and by around August the Mets were completely out of contention. You could tell Mike and Chris were struggling to keep it interesting, and after a while they made it a running joke. Mike started one of these saying something like "Well Jeff, that's 5 straight losses and the second time this season you've been swept by the Cubs. Nice weather we're having isn't it?" :lmao:

Torborg made it worse by being completely vanilla and optimistic. I'll never forget the callers, seething with rage after every Torborg spot. "If I hear him say one more time that Hojo only knows one speed and that's flat out, I'm gonna shoot myself!!!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now is the time of year I start listening to Mike again. I'm a Giants fan, don't care much for baseball anymore. I think he's a colossal ****, but that makes him entertaining to me, especially how he makes fun of the Jets. And I think he's reasonably well informed, obviously very opinionated, and gets great guests every week. It goes without saying the show suffers without Dog, but he's the only sports talk show I'll listen to.
My favorite part of the show every year was the SB contest and all the dickmitten questions/clips Dog would come up with. They were merciless as soon as somebody screwed up. Never been the same since Russo left.

hopefully, he'll be back. The contract with sirius has to be about up, and they likely aren't throwing big bucks at him anymore.

Given the alternatives . . .

Michael Kay and his giant Yankee homer head or Cowherd sounding like a whiny teenager

I don't mind Fatcessa - other than his complete lack of knowledge of hockey, he's pretty fair with the rest of the NY sports teams.

Unless of course you're a Jets fan - you can really tell he enjoys poking Jets fans with a stick.

lmao hes talking about it now and hes saying he was up all night the night before taking care of his sick kids and that he shut his eyes during the sweeni interview and that he promises he was not asleep. lmfao what a blowhard. cant even admit it

Given the alternatives . . .Michael Kay and his giant Yankee homer head or Cowherd sounding like a whiny teenagerI don't mind Fatcessa - other than his complete lack of knowledge of hockey, he's pretty fair with the rest of the NY sports teams.Unless of course you're a Jets fan - you can really tell he enjoys poking Jets fans with a stick.
Kay doesn't come off as a Yankee homer to me, either on TV or on his show. Now Sterling on the other hand...

Went home for lunch specifically so I hear the first 10 minutes of the show on my way back. I was not disappointed.

Not asleep. Lol

His eyes popped open like keanu Reeves the first time he woke up from the matrix

Michael Kay and his giant Yankee homer head or Cowherd sounding like a whiny teenager

I don't mind Fatcessa - other than his complete lack of knowledge of hockey, he's pretty fair with the rest of the NY sports teams.

Unless of course you're a Jets fan - you can really tell he enjoys poking Jets fans with a stick.
Kay doesn't come off as a Yankee homer to me, either on TV or on his show. Now Sterling on the other hand...
:shock:

Maybe because you're a Yankee fan?

Can't believe fatcessa is denying he actually fell asleep.

I once had a coworker who would fall asleep at her desk all the time - we'd dial up here extension and she'd lurch up in her chair just like Francesa did. She's lucky this was before camera phones :pics:

-QG

Given the alternatives . . .Michael Kay and his giant Yankee homer head or Cowherd sounding like a whiny teenagerI don't mind Fatcessa - other than his complete lack of knowledge of hockey, he's pretty fair with the rest of the NY sports teams.Unless of course you're a Jets fan - you can really tell he enjoys poking Jets fans with a stick.
While Kay is at times critical of some Yanks moves/efforts, it almost seems as if he does so "just to show" he is not a homer - which means, he's a homer. Sterling is just a joke, however. How the most storied franchise in the history of modern sport can have suck a clown representing them, I don't know. Between Kay, Sterling and Francesa, the Yanks do have their share of on the air blowhards. And of the three, I'd easily take Kay.

Has anyone called into Doggie about this, or perhaps it will happen this afternoon?

"Say something sleepy, Mikey!"

:shock:

Maybe because you're a Yankee fan?
No, cause I'm a Yankee fan and I admit it about Sterling and Waldman. It's probably because I watch a TON of non-Yankee games on Extra Innings, and the majority of those announcers openly and blatantly root for their teams during the telecast. And I'm talking play by play guys too, not just the former-player-turned-analyst guys.

'Raider Nation said:
cant even admit it
:shock: :shock: :shock: New to the show? This was the least-shocking thing ever.His head almost bashing off the desk is all over the internet, and he still denies it. What a clown.
Yeah when I read about this yesterday, I knew he would either not address it or deny it. And probably rant out or fire his crew for making him look bad when he was awake the whole time.

It's one thing to constantly use the incredibly lazy, unprofessional phrase "blah blah blah" on the air, but he doesn't even pronounce it correctly.

"BLUH BLUH BLUUUUUUUUUUH"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Heard a caller make believe he was sleeping a little bit ago. As Mike was starting to say next one gets hung up on....he just decided to hang up on that guy because he was "not in the mood".

Crazy as it seems, one of my favorite memories of Mike & Dog's show was the Jeff Torborg Report in '92. Poor schmuck was under contract to do a daily interview, and by around August the Mets were completely out of contention. You could tell Mike and Chris were struggling to keep it interesting, and after a while they made it a running joke. Mike started one of these saying something like "Well Jeff, that's 5 straight losses and the second time this season you've been swept by the Cubs. Nice weather we're having isn't it?" :lmao:Torborg made it worse by being completely vanilla and optimistic. I'll never forget the callers, seething with rage after every Torborg spot. "If I hear him say one more time that Hojo only knows one speed and that's flat out, I'm gonna shoot myself!!!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:Now is the time of year I start listening to Mike again. I'm a Giants fan, don't care much for baseball anymore. I think he's a colossal ****, but that makes him entertaining to me, especially how he makes fun of the Jets. And I think he's reasonably well informed, obviously very opinionated, and gets great guests every week. It goes without saying the show suffers without Dog, but he's the only sports talk show I'll listen to.
Dog still does this every year on Sirius.

Users who are viewing this thread