What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (1 Viewer)

His Jets hatred is downright beautiful at this point, absolute perfection, like a snowflake or a newborn infant. To say he's merely hilarious when he bashes the Jets is an insult. I relish it so much.
WHO IS RUNNA DA TEAM?!?!?! WRECKS RYAN OR IDZ SICKS!?! I KNOW AND YA KNOW WHO. DATS ALL IMA SAYIN. WHAT DA I KNO? WHAT DA I KNOW?!? IVE FORGHATTAN MORE FOOTBAWL THAN IDZ SICKS KNOWS! JUST REMEMBAH DAT.

HERS MISTA MET. BACK INA SEC
Back aftah dis.

You guys hear him going nuts about Twitter yesterday (again)?
He's completely clueless about Twitter. It's comical.

, he gets interviewed in the studio by three longtime callers: Al from White Plains, Denny from Yonkers and Mike from Montclair. He says he doesn't need Twitter because he doesn't care what someone is having for lunch. :rolleyes: What a buffoon.Yeah, Mike. That's the only thing on Twitter. What people are having for lunch. Hang it up, Pops.

Raider Nation said:
You guys are insane. This is the king of sports radio in this country. Nobody breaks down a big game or captures a moment like him. His show after a big game is absolute must listen. Also very respected in the sports world amongst players and coaches.

I love ya RN but you obviously can't turn the guy off.
Oh, he totally pwns me... guilty as charged. Love him or hate him, people tune in. He wins either way.But to be fay-uh, I only tune in waiting for the next ridiculous comment so that I can run to Mushnick with it. He's the only guy who hates Mike more than I do, due to his anti-Semitic comments after 9/11. Mushnick actually gave me credit by name last year in one column, but I told him I'm not looking for recognition if I write something that he likes. I don't do it for the glory. We are all brothers-in-arms in exposing this lying, pompous fraudulent windbag.
You probably would have loved this forum http://mikefrancesa.com/forums a few years ago. They ripped on Mike and Chris to no end, and the impersonations were hilarious. But now it seems like a ghost town.

Raider Nation said:
You guys are insane. This is the king of sports radio in this country. Nobody breaks down a big game or captures a moment like him. His show after a big game is absolute must listen. Also very respected in the sports world amongst players and coaches.

Oh, he totally pwns me... guilty as charged. Love him or hate him, people tune in. He wins either way.But to be fay-uh, I only tune in waiting for the next ridiculous comment so that I can run to Mushnick with it. He's the only guy who hates Mike more than I do, due to his anti-Semitic comments after 9/11. Mushnick actually gave me credit by name last year in one column, but I told him I'm not looking for recognition if I write something that he likes. I don't do it for the glory. We are all brothers-in-arms in exposing this lying, pompous fraudulent windbag.
You probably would have loved this forum http://mikefrancesa.com/forums a few years ago. They ripped on Mike and Chris to no end, and the impersonations were hilarious. But now it seems like a ghost town.
I remember that place. :thumbup: Some of the written impersonations were outstanding.

Raider Nation said:

I remember that place. :thumbup: Some of the written impersonations were outstanding.
Here is a classic one of Francesa (they called him Tank) taking the stand aka Col. Jessup http://www.mikefrancesa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=206290&post206290:

Tank: "Son, we live in a world that has sports and those sports need to be guarded by men with with radio shows. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Mike from Montclair? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santaner and curse the Mets; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that the Mets' collapse, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me talking about sports, you need me talking about sports. We use words like uttah nonsense, scenario, salvo. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend sports. You use them as a youtube. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who DVRs and Intahnets under the blanket of the very sports I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a mike and get a show. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to, and I just handwaved you."
:lmao: :lmao:

Hawwwwvey is getting smacked around pretty good. His biggest (in every way imaginable) cheerleader won't like this one bit!

Yeah, ok, you got a crazy aunt, but nobody outside of NYC give a fizzle.
:confused:

I'm nowhere near NYC and I have the most posts in this thread.

His show is carried on the YES Network, and WFAN is carried on several smartphone apps. Francesa is WAY more than regional.

Raider Nation said:
You guys are insane. This is the king of sports radio in this country. Nobody breaks down a big game or captures a moment like him. His show after a big game is absolute must listen. Also very respected in the sports world amongst players and coaches.I love ya RN but you obviously can't turn the guy off.
Best thing about that place were the user names. My personal fav was "Checker on a checker"

Raider Nation said:
I gave Mushnick a heads up. Hopefully he has some column space available.
I didn't know my father posted here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just listening while I was out and he made at least three references to Idzik refusing to come on. Has he already had a falling out with Idzik or just part of the larger Jets hatred of him that pre-dates his arrival?

Raider Nation said:
You guys are insane. This is the king of sports radio in this country. Nobody breaks down a big game or captures a moment like him. His show after a big game is absolute must listen. Also very respected in the sports world amongst players and coaches.I love ya RN but you obviously can't turn the guy off.
Best thing about that place were the user names. My personal fav was "Checker on a checker"
Loosey Goosey here.

Raider Nation said:
This guy is the gift that keeps on giving. :lmao:

Francesa is NEVER WRONG, part 22,143.

I had this one tucked into my notebook for safe keeping. Several weeks ago, he dismissed a kindly fellow who suggested that the Jets take one of the two fantastic guards with their 1st-round pick. Mike was good enough to scold this man in a loud voice ... "YOU DON'T TAKE A GAWDDDD IN THE TOP HALF OF THE FIRST ROUND!!!"

Yeah, either that or you take TWO of them in the Top-10.

1. Chiefs - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan

2. Jaguars - Luke Joeckel - OT - Texas A&M

3. Dolphins - Dion Jordan - DE/OLB - Oregon

4. Eagles - Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma

5. Lions - Ezekiel Ansah - DE - BYU

6. Browns - Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU

7. Cardinals - Jonathan Cooper - OG - North Carolina

8. Rams - Tavon Austin - WR - West Virginia

9. Jets - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama

10. Titans - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama

I don't see how this is inconsistent with anything Francesa said unless he praised the Cardinals and Titans for making those picks. If you called in and asked him he'd probably say the Cardinals and Titans were stupid to take guards that high. :shrug:

-QG

Raider Nation said:
Loosey Goosey here.
:lmao: My username would have been "Scenario"

I'll PayPal anyone $1M US dollars if Russo goes one full segment without using that word.

Everything is a freakin SCENARIO.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:

I had this one tucked into my notebook for safe keeping. Several weeks ago, he dismissed a kindly fellow who suggested that the Jets take one of the two fantastic guards with their 1st-round pick. Mike was good enough to scold this man in a loud voice ... "YOU DON'T TAKE A GAWDDDD IN THE TOP HALF OF THE FIRST ROUND!!!"

I don't see how this is inconsistent with anything Francesa said unless he praised the Cardinals and Titans for making those picks. If you called in and asked him he'd probably say the Cardinals and Titans were stupid to take guards that high. :shrug:
Huh? He authoritatively decreed that you DO NOT take guards in the top half of the first round.So I have to assume that he knows more than two NFL personnel staffs.
Of course he does, just ask him. He'll tell you all about how omniscient he is.

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:

Huh? He authoritatively decreed that you DO NOT take guards in the top half of the first round.So I have to assume that he knows more than two NFL personnel staffs.
Exactly :)

Let's look at the scenario another way. Let's say the Jets were considering a kicker in round 1 and Francesa says "you never take a kicker in round 1" and then Oakland takes a kicker in the first round. This doesn't somehow magically makes Francesa's point wrong in this instance.

:shrug:

Not saying Francesa isn't often ridiculous. And he frequently says one thing and then months later says the opposite. That's been proven time an again. But it's not like he's the only talking head out there that believes in the orthodoxy that you don't spend a top-15 pick on a Guard.

-QG

Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:
Raider Nation said:

Exactly :)

Let's look at the scenario another way. Let's say the Jets were considering a kicker in round 1 and Francesa says "you never take a kicker in round 1" and then Oakland takes a kicker in the first round. This doesn't somehow magically makes Francesa's point wrong in this instance.

Not saying Francesa isn't often ridiculous. And he frequently says one thing and then months later says the opposite. That's been proven time an again. But it's not like he's the only talking head out there that believes in the orthodoxy that you don't spend a top-15 pick on a Guard.

-QG
You just had to hear the way he said it. He smugly (shocking, right?) dismissed the caller's opinion and shouted him down.

There has never been a bigger know-it-all in the history of mankind, and the most frustrating thing about it is, when he gets called on wrong/stupid things he previously said, his memory gets cloudy. He's a Grade-A douche.
and...

/thread (Bump for The Pope's Miscues)

I have no idea how people call into his show regularly.

You get roughly three words out before he interrupts and finishes whatever it was you were going to say.

In fairness to the big lug, he is kinda right. In the past 15 years or so (I didn't go back farther), there have really only been about 3 guards drafted in the top 15.

This year, we had 2 in the top 10.

In fairness to the big lug, he is kinda right. In the past 15 years or so (I didn't go back farther), there have really only been about 3 guards drafted in the top 15.

Witz, you're missing the bigger point, and perhaps it's my fault for not being more clear about it. It's easy to spew information based on "the norm"... what usually happens in a typical draft. But the fact is he had NO clue who Warmack and Cooper are. But because they are GAWWWDS, they were disregarded.

Raider Nation said:
You just had to hear the way he said it. He smugly (shocking, right?) dismissed the caller's opinion and shouted him down.

There has never been a bigger know-it-all in the history of mankind, and the most frustrating thing about it is, when he gets called on wrong/stupid things he previously said, his memory gets cloudy. He's a Grade-A douche.
Oh that's totally true of Francesa :) I just think he provides better grist for calling-out material than this one.

-QG

Witz, you're missing the bigger point, and perhaps it's my fault for not being more clear about it. It's easy to spew information based on "the norm"... what usually happens in a typical draft. But the fact is he had NO clue who Warmack and Cooper are. But because they are GAWWWDS, they were disregarded.
Well it's not like guards are famous, like say Al Albuquerque ;)

-QG

Raider Nation said:
A guy just called up saying that the Cardinals should draft a quarterback. Mike says "Ohhh just let Beanie Wells run." The Cardinals released Wells last month. FRAUD!
i heard that and immediately thought of this thread

Today he claims that he identified and hyped Tom Brady as a sleeper before that draft. The same Brady who held the clipboard for drew Henson.

He's told some whoppers but this one takes the cake

Today he claims that he identified and hyped Tom Brady as a sleeper before that draft. The same Brady who held the clipboard for drew Henson.He's told some whoppers but this one takes the cake
Even if you had Brady as a sleeper back then, you'd be saying he has a shot at being a starter somewhere. Nothing in the same universe of what his career has been.

Today he claims that he identified and hyped Tom Brady as a sleeper before that draft. The same Brady who held the clipboard for drew Henson.He's told some whoppers but this one takes the cake
Even if you had Brady as a sleeper back then, you'd be saying he has a shot at being a starter somewhere. Nothing in the same universe of what his career has been.
More to the point, if he had remotely met such a claim, we would not be hearing about it for the first time 13 years later. Just a lie

My favorite clueless comment of the day from him (and make no mistake, there were many to choose from) was when he killed the Jets for taking Missou DT Sheldon Richardson. Now first of all, I'd bet my life against $20 that he's seen Richardson play exactly ZERO times. So what was his reasoning?

"Richardson played on a TERRIBLE defense, folks. Hey Victa, get me the Missouri scores from this season."

Because as we all know... football is an individual sport. :loco:

I hope he didn't look up how many points Mean Joe Greene's defense at North Texas gave up.

My favorite clueless comment of the day from him (and make no mistake, there were many to choose from) was when he killed the Jets for taking Missou DT Sheldon Richardson. Now first of all, I'd bet my life against $20 that he's seen Richardson play exactly ZERO times. So what was his reasoning?

"Richardson played on a TERRIBLE defense, folks. Hey Victa, get me the Missouri scores from this season."

Because as we all know... football is an individual sport. :loco:

I hope he didn't look up how many points Mean Joe Greene's defense at North Texas gave up.
jfc :lmao:

I didn't make up a word of that. He asked Victaaaa to fetch the Missouri scores for him. As if he would be vindicated somehow.

I was aware of Francesca living in Connecticut for much of college and being split between NESN and YES network but you've now got me tuning in every day.

This is my favorite thread on FBG. :thumbup:

Raider Nation said:
Loosey Goosey here.
:lmao: My username would have been "Scenario"

I'll PayPal anyone $1M US dollars if Russo goes one full segment without using that word.

Everything is a freakin SCENARIO.
That will be tricky.

Raider Nation said:
This is freakin awesome. Remember the

it is from Seinfeld originally but they do it on Boomer and Carton show every morning. Hs not saying Cartman, hes saying Carton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
I was aware of Francesca living in Connecticut for much of college and being split between NESN and YES network but you've now got me tuning in every day.

This is my favorite thread on FBG. :thumbup:
It probably baffles some people why I would listen to a guy I can't stand, and I totally get why someone would wonder that.

But the guy is more addictive than crack. I cannot wait to hear the next ridiculous/absurd/blatantly untrue words out of his mouth.
It's the Stern effect for sports. From a business perspective, totally 100% :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread