Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Help with a live LHE decision

munga30

Game is Foxwoods 20-40 late Friday night (early Sat). The game is pretty good, with a mix of loose passive and loose aggressive. At this table, I've gone from being up about 15bb to down about the same in the span of about three hours. I haven't been catching starters or hitting flops so I appear to be pretty tight for last few orbits. Villian is a middle aged asian man who seems to have tight starting hand requirements or has been similarly card dead.

Three players limp and I raise on the button with AcKs. Blinds call and limpers call. 12 small bets in the pot.

FLOP: Qd 6d 4d.

Blinds and first limper checks, villian (second limper) donks, third limper calls. I elect to call (comments welcome, but not the crux of the hand) and one blind calls. 8 big bets in the pot and four players

TURN: 8c

Check, villian bets, next folds, I raise.

I'll cut it off here for now. Thoughts?

I'm not very familiar with lhe, but I tend to go with little hands, little pots, big hands, big pots, and it seems like you are making this into a big pot with a little hand. I know your table image is tight, and there is a flush flop, but isn't it more difficult to force off decent hands in limit then it is in nlhe?

:sleep:

fold flop?

I don't know :( you are bluffing against a guy who has been playing tight and is waking up on a 3d flop, I guess it is a decent bluff - do you want villain to think you were slow-playing the flush/set or that you are bluffing a 4-flush draw?

:wall: fold flop?I don't know :confused: you are bluffing against a guy who has been playing tight and is waking up on a 3d flop, I guess it is a decent bluff - do you want villain to think you were slow-playing the flush/set or that you are bluffing a 4-flush draw?

Help me out by giving me a plan for the rest of the hand. -- blind or villain raises? -- blind cold calls and villian calls? -- blind folds and villian snap-calls -- blind folds and villian ponders and calls?

:X fold flop?I don't know :thanks: you are bluffing against a guy who has been playing tight and is waking up on a 3d flop, I guess it is a decent bluff - do you want villain to think you were slow-playing the flush/set or that you are bluffing a 4-flush draw?

Help me out by giving me a plan for the rest of the hand.
I am really not qualified, firing a 2nd barrel in high stakes limit makes me :excited:

:sleep:

fold flop?

I don't know :lmao: you are bluffing against a guy who has been playing tight and is waking up on a 3d flop, I guess it is a decent bluff - do you want villain to think you were slow-playing the flush/set or that you are bluffing a 4-flush draw?

I am really not qualified, firing a 2nd barrel in high stakes limit makes me :X
Lets put it this way. At this time of night, this game plays like 4-8. Everyone here is qualified to think up a plan. seriously

I'll add this: a typical villain is not donking this flop because he flopped a flush. They will either try to check-raise the flop, donk the turn, or check-raise the turn. It's usually the well-playing opponents who will donk this flop hoping to three bet, and they're fewer and farther between than you'd think. This guy is more likely to be typical than not.

:sleep: fold flop?I don't know :lmao: you are bluffing against a guy who has been playing tight and is waking up on a 3d flop, I guess it is a decent bluff - do you want villain to think you were slow-playing the flush/set or that you are bluffing a 4-flush draw?

I am really not qualified, firing a 2nd barrel in high stakes limit makes me :X
To me, the pot has been built up big enough, that I can't see anyone with a decent made hand or decent flush draw going away. I see check calls to the river with the possibility of a check-raise thrown in there if they have the ace flush.ETA: Stack sizes or your perception of their comfort at the level might be helpful.

ETA: Stack sizes or your perception of their comfort at the level might be helpful.

Villain has a healthy (i.e., more than 10 big bets) stack for the limit. He appears to be comfortable, but that's not saying much. FWIW, this game is played with red $5 chips and stacks and pots can appear to be quite large.

ETA: Stack sizes or your perception of their comfort at the level might be helpful.

Villain has a healthy (i.e., more than 10 big bets) stack for the limit. He appears to be comfortable, but that's not saying much. FWIW, this game is played with red $5 chips and stacks and pots can appear to be quite large.
That would spook me even more if I was in your position, but I'll admit that I've never seen a middle-aged asian ever look nervous/uncomfortable at a poker table ( I just know that's going to be interpreted wrong.)

To recap: Three players limp and I raise on the button with AcKs. Blinds call and limpers call. 12 small bets in the pot.

FLOP: Qd 6d 4d.

Blinds and first limper checks, villian (second limper) donks, third limper calls. I elect to call (comments welcome, but not the crux of the hand) and one blind calls. 8 big bets in the pot and four players

TURN: 8c

Check, villian bets, next folds, I raise... in between player folds quickly. Villian ponders, ponders, ponders and finally calls.

What's your plan for this river? Is a diamond good or bad for us? What about Aces and Kings?

To recap: Three players limp and I raise on the button with AcKs. Blinds call and limpers call. 12 small bets in the pot.FLOP: Qd 6d 4d.Blinds and first limper checks, villian (second limper) donks, third limper calls. I elect to call (comments welcome, but not the crux of the hand) and one blind calls. 8 big bets in the pot and four playersTURN: 8cCheck, villian bets, next folds, I raise... in between player folds quickly. Villian ponders, ponders, ponders and finally calls. What's your plan for this river? Is a diamond good or bad for us? What about Aces and Kings?

I don't think any card is good for you especially a diamond. (I think the villian is chasing the D)Too much money in the pot to not get called on any attempt to steal this pot.

To recap: Three players limp and I raise on the button with AcKs. Blinds call and limpers call. 12 small bets in the pot.FLOP: Qd 6d 4d.Blinds and first limper checks, villian (second limper) donks, third limper calls. I elect to call (comments welcome, but not the crux of the hand) and one blind calls. 8 big bets in the pot and four playersTURN: 8cCheck, villian bets, next folds, I raise... in between player folds quickly. Villian ponders, ponders, ponders and finally calls. What's your plan for this river? Is a diamond good or bad for us? What about Aces and Kings?

I don't think any card is good for you especially a diamond. (I think the villian is chasing the D)Too much money in the pot to not get called on any attempt to steal this pot.
I agree with this. By my count there is 12 big bets in the pot after the turn. The Villian is most likely check calling you on the river no matter what he has (unless he makes the nut flush in which case he check-raises). Personally, I probably save the last bet on the river and just check behind if checked to.

I agree with this. By my count there is 12 big bets in the pot after the turn. The Villian is most likely check calling you on the river no matter what he has (unless he makes the nut flush in which case he check-raises). Personally, I probably save the last bet on the river and just check behind if checked to.
And this story ends how? Do tell.

I'm checking down on the river for sure. I assume the turn raise was a "free showdown" raise, so I'm taking it if offerred. The pot is big enough that villain will never fold a better hand than mine on the river for one more bet, and he's obviously not calling with a busted flush draw. Having said that, I would have just folded on the flop.

I'd think non-diamond Aces and Kings can only help you here. His thinking and flat call of your raise makes me suspect that a diamond coming is likely to help as well. Only problem is, as stated before, I suspect that he's calling one more bet on the river no matter what comes.

I'd think non-diamond Aces and Kings can only help you here. His thinking and flat call of your raise makes me suspect that a diamond coming is likely to help as well. Only problem is, as stated before, I suspect that he's calling one more bet on the river no matter what comes.
I think if the villain had a made flush he would have 3-bet the turn. I have him either on a flush draw or a decent top pair hand, like QT. If you get a non-diamond K or A, you may be good here (beware of him holding the A or K of diamonds though). I may call if he bets the river, and I'm definitely checking behind if he checks.

RIVER: 3d Pot is 12 BB. Villian checks. Most of you said to check here, and that's what I did, too. Villain flips over Q9s and MHING. At the time, I was sure there were no hands that he could play this way that were this weak and had no diamond. I was wrong. Thinking over it, I was wondering whether he can have any diamond (or set), let alone a made flush, given how long it took him to call the turn raise. My only real fear is a turned or rivered two pair, and I don't think those are all that likely on this board. For those that said to fold the flop, I can usually find it and don't do things like this that often. I think there were some good reasons to call this time and I can get away from the hand pretty easily when warranted after calling.

I think if the villain had a made flush he would have 3-bet the turn. I have him either on a flush draw or a decent top pair hand, like QT. If you get a non-diamond K or A, you may be good here (beware of him holding the A or K of diamonds though). I may call if he bets the river, and I'm definitely checking behind if he checks.
:goodposting:

Archived