What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread (3 Viewers)

Tough As Nails

Glave Master
The Shield, Rescue Me, Damages, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Nip/Tuck, The Riches....F/X RULES with their TV shows. So I'm definitely giving this one a chance. Looks like it could be lots of fun. It starts tonight. :ptts:

from the clips, it looks like the boss from "The X-Files" is playing a biker. that's some spectacular miscasting, i'd wager. perlman, though, looks to be perfect.

from the clips, it looks like the boss from "The X-Files" is playing a biker. that's some spectacular miscasting, i'd wager. perlman, though, looks to be perfect.
They've done some 'against the grain' casting in the past and it's worked out...so I'll give it a chance. But yeah, that decision is worrisome.

I watched the first episode last night and this show definitely has promise. I wasn't an X-Files guy, so I didn't know the lead character was an alum of that show (only knew of Scully and Mulder). And Ron Perlman is a bad-#### in this show as the president of the MC and the step-father of Jaxx, the lead. Katey Sagal is not bad in her few scenes as the matriarch of the MC.

I'm interested in hearing what other guys thought of this show.

Watched it last night, and have set the DVR to catch them now.

As an X-Files fan I am not sure on the casting of Skinner as a meth dealing biker. I also can't get Peg Bundy out of my head when Sagal is on screen.

When my wife came in during a scene with Perlman her only reply was "He looks like a monkey."

In the previews for the rest of the season Dutch (from The Shield) comes over as an ATF agent it looks like.

I thought it was a good first episode. I was trying to do something for work and watch at the same time, but ended up dropping the work stuff and just watching.

I don't really care much about Jacks baby boy - although the ex-biker doctor chick is hot. It looks like she was one of those chicks that hung around the gang (probably part of a gang-bang too), but then decided to make a better life for herself.

I also don't really care much about whatever plans Jacks dead dad had for the gang (yet).

I'm more interested in the going forward story of control of the little town between the Mexi's, nazi bikers and Sons of Anarchy gang.

Peg Bundy was good. It looks like her public image is a little removed from the gang, but since she is sleeping with the gang leader, she is pretty involved.

Not sure where this show is going, but it is good enough to try a few more weeks.

Oh - and the x-files guy that was the nazi biker - I thought he was ok. He gives you a picture of how these guys get when (and if) they get old. As did some of the old guys that were still part of Sons of Anarchy - even the guy with the oxygen tube up his nose. They never can leave their gangs and that life.

Lots of violence, a hot chick or two, bikes, more violence - it may be an ok replacement for The Shield. Kind of funny to see Dutch on the previews of future weeks. I wonder if any other Shield characters will end up with roles - maybe some of the biz-lats or other gangsters...

I enjoyed the episode. It's a pilot so I know they throw a lot in there to get it going but overall it was good.

And if anyone else was wondering - OPIE - the dude with the beard..... The Lead from Remember the Titans... :goodposting:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was pretty good for a pilot. I'll tune in for a while.
Agreed. I watched last night and was impressed. All of the storylines seem interesting. The guy who plays Jackson pulls it off pretty well. Tough to sell the tough guy who wants to turn straight thing...but he did a nice job. Pearlman is good...Segal's character looks like the only one that is more of a cartoon than a real person. I'm definitely going to catch the next few weeks to see where this goes. Lots of potential here.

I watched it last night and thought it was okay. I was hoping it would be a little edgier and it certainly was. Showing of the burnt illegals and the head shots on regular cable was :confused:

strykerpks said:
In the previews for the rest of the season Dutch (from The Shield) comes over as an ATF agent it looks like.
Caught that too. Awesome. I think he's a helluvan actor.Other Shield fans...did I mishear or was the black gang the 1-9ers?
i heard that too. i'm on board with this show.Jaxx is a badass.

i missed the first episode but watched it last night. i actually thought it was pretty good. i'm not entirely sure how far it can go but i liked it nonetheless. it has that "sopranos" air, as one reviewer described it, about it that could make it work. i am pleased that katy segal has carved a nice little career for herself post-"MwC". She looks great too.

Watched it last night, and have set the DVR to catch them now.As an X-Files fan I am not sure on the casting of Skinner as a meth dealing biker. I also can't get Peg Bundy out of my head when Sagal is on screen.When my wife came in during a scene with Perlman her only reply was "He looks like a monkey."In the previews for the rest of the season Dutch (from The Shield) comes over as an ATF agent it looks like.
Obviously you guys never saw Shocker. Mitch Pillegi has done a lot more work than just X-Files.

Watched it last night, and have set the DVR to catch them now.As an X-Files fan I am not sure on the casting of Skinner as a meth dealing biker. I also can't get Peg Bundy out of my head when Sagal is on screen.When my wife came in during a scene with Perlman her only reply was "He looks like a monkey."In the previews for the rest of the season Dutch (from The Shield) comes over as an ATF agent it looks like.
Obviously you guys never saw Shocker. Mitch Pillegi has done a lot more work than just X-Files.
Nope. I know he has done other work, but in my mind he will always be linked to Skinner.

Great first couple of episodes. I have been looking for something to hold me over until Rescue me starts back up and gets rids of those dumb minisodes. I will continue to keep watching.

I like the evil matriarch character that Katey Sagal is playing - she is definitely evil and makes no bones about it while she's trying to drive off Tara (Jaxx old g'friend).

The corrupt chief sheriff and the idealistic deputy-sherriff is an interesting angle.

I think it has potential. Will watch, especially since it gives me an excuse to get the Tube off Bravo once my wife is done with "Project Runway" from 9-10. Sorta balances the Yin/Yang in the household...

I like the evil matriarch character that Katey Sagal is playing - she is definitely evil and makes no bones about it while she's trying to drive off Tara (Jaxx old g'friend). The corrupt chief sheriff and the idealistic deputy-sherriff is an interesting angle. I think it has potential. Will watch, especially since it gives me an excuse to get the Tube off Bravo once my wife is done with "Project Runway" from 9-10. Sorta balances the Yin/Yang in the household...
I predict a Jaxx-Idealistic Deputy Sherrif-Dr. Tara triangle before too long.My problem with this show is that the dialogue is sometimes hard to hear and seems very muddy. Also, does anybody clearly know who or what "Sam Crow" is? Obviously Sam Crow = The Sons, but exactly how that derivation came about hasn't been explained.BTW, best subplot was getting rid of the bodies of the two girls who were burned in the warehouse fire because they'd give one of the bikers a BJ and had swallowed and the DNA in their stomachs would link the Sons to the guns.

I like the evil matriarch character that Katey Sagal is playing - she is definitely evil and makes no bones about it while she's trying to drive off Tara (Jaxx old g'friend). The corrupt chief sheriff and the idealistic deputy-sherriff is an interesting angle. I think it has potential. Will watch, especially since it gives me an excuse to get the Tube off Bravo once my wife is done with "Project Runway" from 9-10. Sorta balances the Yin/Yang in the household...
I predict a Jaxx-Idealistic Deputy Sherrif-Dr. Tara triangle before too long.My problem with this show is that the dialogue is sometimes hard to hear and seems very muddy. Also, does anybody clearly know who or what "Sam Crow" is? Obviously Sam Crow = The Sons, but exactly how that derivation came about hasn't been explained.BTW, best subplot was getting rid of the bodies of the two girls who were burned in the warehouse fire because they'd give one of the bikers a BJ and had swallowed and the DNA in their stomachs would link the Sons to the guns.
(S)ons of (A)narchy (M)otorcycle ©lub, ®edwood (O)riginal Charter

(S)ons of (A)narchy (M)otorcycle ©lub, ®edwood (O)riginal Charter
Thank you. Where's that :smacks forehead: smilie... :unsure:

Missed the first 2 episodes but finally caught last nights. Now I can't wait to catch up on the ones I missed.

I'm really diggin' Katey Sagal's look. My wife even commented that she looked good.

Missed the first 2 episodes but finally caught last nights. Now I can't wait to catch up on the ones I missed.I'm really diggin' Katey Sagal's look. My wife even commented that she looked good.
Last night was the best of the bunch so far IMO. Thought Katey looked worse last night then she has in the series so far.

OK, I'm hooked. Really enjoyed last nights episode.

"Milf-Chubby. It's a compliment."

OK, I'm hooked. Really enjoyed last nights episode."Milf-Chubby. It's a complimant."
I thought that was funny, but I was kind of hoping that Clay would throw a wrench at him or something instead of just walk away.
oops type-o. Yeah but I figured he got back at him enough. Really enjoying it thus far.
The only thing I'm not liking about it so far is the "ATF agent just happens to be doc's stalker" bit. Pretty much why I'm a little down on the Shield. Too many coincidences.

OK, I'm hooked. Really enjoyed last nights episode."Milf-Chubby. It's a complimant."
I thought that was funny, but I was kind of hoping that Clay would throw a wrench at him or something instead of just walk away.
oops type-o. Yeah but I figured he got back at him enough. Really enjoying it thus far.
The only thing I'm not liking about it so far is the "ATF agent just happens to be doc's stalker" bit. Pretty much why I'm a little down on the Shield. Too many coincidences.
Yeah that's a bit of a reach.

I think it's the other way around: the doc's stalker happens to be a federal agent. I think he came to town for her, not for Sam Crow.

Just curious, but do real MCs do these "patch-over" things as they take over another MC? A google search on that term just returend references to this show and computer patches.

I think it's the other way around: the doc's stalker happens to be a federal agent. I think he came to town for her, not for Sam Crow.
It works either way. That's the beauty with coincidences.

THings seem to be getting pretty good.

"I'd rather have my balls cut-off.... what... too soon?" ;)

This show is good stuff. Just when you think it's just a filler episode they burn a tattoo off a guy. And the little snitch they were keeping an eye was too funny.

This show is good stuff. Just when you think it's just a filler episode they burn a tattoo off a guy. And the little snitch they were keeping an eye was too funny.
CMD is nothing to laugh about!!!! :goodposting:

THings seem to be getting pretty good."I'd rather have my balls cut-off.... what... too soon?" :rolleyes:
Burning a guys full back tatoo of with an acetyline torch...Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
He could have took the knife.....
Not as photogenic. I also liked how they let the guy have a few swigs of tequila while they got the torch lit and then poured it on his back. Nice touch. Kind of gave it that flambe effect.

I thought last nights episode was more of a commentary on the anarchist lifestyle. People think that being an anarchist means no laws and/or consequences. Clearly that is not the case, there are strict laws and justice is swift and hard.

There is also a social collective component in which they take care of each other, also demonstrated more in this episode. This wasn't a filler or transitional episode; it was a philospohical foundation. The behavior of the ex-communicated member demonstrated that he both knew and accepted the philosophy. He didn't try and fight and allowed them to tie him up to the deed.

Just got home and watched the last 3 shows, f'n awesome to watch in order this show gets better every episode.

I thought last nights episode was more of a commentary on the anarchist lifestyle. People think that being an anarchist means no laws and/or consequences. Clearly that is not the case, there are strict laws and justice is swift and hard. There is also a social collective component in which they take care of each other, also demonstrated more in this episode. This wasn't a filler or transitional episode; it was a philospohical foundation. The behavior of the ex-communicated member demonstrated that he both knew and accepted the philosophy. He didn't try and fight and allowed them to tie him up to the deed.
Dude, you think too much, just watch the ####### show.

What clay did was more f-ed up...it's just too bad that chick from Hustle & Flow got caught in the crossfire
Agreed, he's definitely there for her and using the SAMCRO angle as an excuse
THings seem to be getting pretty good."I'd rather have my balls cut-off.... what... too soon?" :lmao:
Burning a guys full back tatoo of with an acetyline torch...Ouch, that's gotta hurt.
He could have took the knife.....
Actually he didn't have to get either if he had that tatoo taken care of like he was supposed to

Users who are viewing this thread