Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** Sons of Anarchy Thread

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Able stumbles/catches Gemma "confessing" again? He's the best cop that has ever been on this show.

This week, the Sons bond as they mourn the death of Unser, who finally loses his battle with cancer after one of our writers suddenly remembered Unser had cancer.

I finally saw this masterpiece tonight. The closing montage version of Watchtower took me to another place. It reminded me of the kind of cover song you'd hear at a place called Blooze Bar on a Thursd

One of the most unsatisfying finale's to a television series ever. (maybe = to Seinfeld)

The only thing worse than the show itself was watching Sutter & Charlie talk about "their art" afterward.

Watching the police chase - if that's what you want to call it, cops swerving in and out between one another like six 10 year old kids riding their bicycles through a neighborhood on a warm mid-summers evening.....I almost flipped it off before the final minute.

Edited by On The Rocks

And pretty much spot-on here. www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-sons-of-anarchy-ran-off-the-road-before-the-end

"Sons" became a frustrating, wildly uneven show that could occasionally offer a reminder of its earlier brilliance, but usually surrounding those moments with so much nonsense that it was hard to feel the reward was worth it.

But those scenes were adrift in a sea of the unnecessary plot contortions that came to typify the show after the second season, so that it felt exhausting getting there.

a show in love with its own excess.

Who's the homeless chick that saw Gemma at the truck stop last episode and then gave Jax the blanket near the courthouse in the finale?

http://www.technologytell.com/entertainment/31414/sons-of-anarchy-finally-explains-that-homeless-woman/

This makes perfect sense.

That might seriously be the most interesting thing I've read about this series.

I'm addicted to the brilliance of the #finalride quotes this morning on Twitter.

Some of my favorites so far:

I got up this morning and thought about the last 20 mins of @sonsofanarchy..Damn..I almost lost it :lmao:

After all these years we were lied to! The crow doesn't fly straight. He takes a soft left in The Commish's truck!! :lmao: :lmao:

I should NOT have got up at 2am to watch @sonsofanarchy. It's way too early to be this much of an emotional wreck :lmao: <-- at least this one was from a chick.

Who's the homeless chick that saw Gemma at the truck stop last episode and then gave Jax the blanket near the courthouse in the finale?

http://www.technologytell.com/entertainment/31414/sons-of-anarchy-finally-explains-that-homeless-woman/

This makes perfect sense.

:lmao:

Makes as much sense as the rest of this crap. That was an unbelievably ham fisted ending. I would expect nothing less from Sutter.

Sutter played too much GTA. How is it we get that many cops behind Jax so quickly? If he's implying a lot more time elapsed, how is it none had gone ahead to setup roadblocks and some road spikes to stop this dope?

His dad crashed into that rock...how? There is no turn that I saw. It looked like just some stretch of flat road.

The crows! :lmao:

WTF did we need that last cameo? What purpose did it serve?

The Shakespeare quote...jfc.

Very similar path that Dexter took, except Dexter's first few seasons were much better then SOA first few seasons.

Started off strong, then a couple of wtf? seasons, then a terrible series finale.

Seriously, which ending was worse

Jax doing a strange Jesus pose, while slightly turning into an oncoming truck, that for some reason didn't stop even though he saw the cop cars a mile away, after a 5 minute chase scene of cops weaving in and out of each other... with random shots from a crows eye focused entirely on the cops..? This is also after he goes on a murder spree, in broad daylight, one of which takes place on the courthouse steps, and is able to just casually walk away. and why did that cop take so long to confront Jax at the end?

Or Dexter driving into a hurricane, after just pulling his boat up to a hospital, walking into a patient room, unplugging her and just wheeling her out the front door while no one tries to stop him, of course capping off an entire season of wtf moments.

• Like 1

Very similar path that Dexter took, except Dexter's first few seasons were much better then SOA first few seasons.

Started off strong, then a couple of wtf? seasons, then a terrible series finale.

Jax doing a strange Jesus pose, while slightly turning into an oncoming truck, that for some reason didn't stop even though he saw the cop cars a mile away, after a 5 minute chase scene of cops weaving in and out of each other... with random shots from a crows eye focused entirely on the cops..? This is also after he goes on a murder spree, in broad daylight, one of which takes place on the courthouse steps, and is able to just casually walk away. and why did that cop take so long to confront Jax at the end?

Or Dexter driving into a hurricane, after just pulling his boat up to a hospital, walking into a patient room, unplugging her and just wheeling her out the front door while no one tries to stop him, of course capping off an entire season of wtf moments.

I loved that Jax guns down a couple guys on the courthouse and security is nowhere to be found as he slowly strolls away. That was almost as awful as him shooting at the cop and the cop not bothering to draw his gun, but just duck into his car to casually call it in.

you can't make up this kind of gold, this guy at work is just moping around because SOA is over, he says it kills him inside that there will never be another new episode. I guess his wifed cried for a solid 45 minutes last night after the final scene, I broke out in laughter when he told me this as I couldn't hold it back.

• Like 2

I loved that Jax guns down a couple guys on the courthouse and security is nowhere to be found as he slowly strolls away. That was almost as awful as him shooting at the cop and the cop not bothering to draw his gun, but just duck into his car to casually call it in.

not all cops are from Ferguson

When I was about 10 years old I went to YMCA summer camp for a week. The whole thing was pretty low-rent. The facilities were outdated, the "activities" were lame, and most of the kids were dirtheads.

One day there I noticed some sort of ruckus outside the bathrooms. There was a crowd of about 15 kids gathered around the entrance to the mens room. I walk over and I see one of my cabin-mates. I ask him "what's going on?". He said "Oh my god! You have to see this!" And then he dragged me inside.

One of the stall doors was open. My cabin-mate told me to look in the toilet. There, in the bowl, was the largest turd I had ever seen. It was the same diameter as a paper towel tube. It's length was even more impressive. If it didn't coil twice around the lower part of the bowl it came very damn close. Just imagine if pool noodles came in sepia and you'd know exactly what I'm talking about.

It was at once both awe-inspiring and horrifying.

Nobody knew who produced such a monstrosity. Personally, I suspected that whoever honked that creature out probably crawled off into the woods and died like a gut-shot deer.

To this day I have never seen an example of fecal execution as amazing as what I saw that day.

Last night's episode is a close second, though.

• Like 1

Season 8 really writes itself.

(Scene opens with Nero and Wendy sitting on porch of huge farm (that's not really growing anything, but I digress). Kids playing out in large field)

Nero: Mamacita, this is the life, you know!! The kids love it, money somehow is no issue, and I'm banging my business partner/best friend's hot ex-junkie ex-wife who somehow stuck around after a rough Season One.

Wendy: I know. I'm clean, I have my kid plus some, I don't have to work, I have all the Teller money and all I have to do is to give it up to a dude old enough to be my Dad.

(Up the dirt road, five motorcycles show up out of nowhere roaring to the main house. Chibs, Tig, Rat, Happy and TO)

Nero: Mano, no!! Mano no!! You can't be here, mano. I made a promise to Jax!! (Crosses himself) His kids will not be around this life, mano!!

Chibs: mumble...mumble...Neerrrroooo, listen, we just need your help hiding a body. That's all, brother.

Nero: Body, mano? I don't see a body with you?

(Chibs, Rat, Happy and TO all pull guns and put a dozen rounds into a surprised Tig (who thought they were there for a birthday party/sex orgy)

Nero: MANOOOOOOO!!!! Why?

Rat: Turns out that while the MC could put aside decades of racist actions, we just couldn't get past all the tranny sex going on.

(Cue new Dubstep Intro)

MAKE IT HAPPEN KURT!!

• Like 2

Season 8 really writes itself.

(Scene opens with Nero and Wendy sitting on porch of huge farm (that's not really growing anything, but I digress). Kids playing out in large field)

Nero: Mamacita, this is the life, you know!! The kids love it, money somehow is no issue, and I'm banging my business partner/best friend's hot ex-junkie ex-wife who somehow stuck around after a rough Season One.

Wendy: I know. I'm clean, I have my kid plus some, I don't have to work, I have all the Teller money and all I have to do is to give it up to a dude old enough to be my Dad.

(Up the dirt road, five motorcycles show up out of nowhere roaring to the main house. Chibs, Tig, Rat, Happy and TO)

Nero: Mano, no!! Mano no!! You can't be here, mano. I made a promise to Jax!! (Crosses himself) His kids will not be around this life, mano!!

Chibs: mumble...mumble...Neerrrroooo, listen, we just need your help hiding a body. That's all, brother.

Nero: Body, mano? I don't see a body with you?

(Chibs, Rat, Happy and TO all pull guns and put a dozen rounds into a surprised Tig (who thought they were there for a birthday party/sex orgy)

Nero: MANOOOOOOO!!!! Why?

Rat: Turns out that while the MC could put aside decades of racist actions, we just couldn't get past all the tranny sex going on.

(Cue new Dubstep Intro)

MAKE IT HAPPEN KURT!!

:tebow:

:lmao: Pretty sure Happy is the real Robocop. Dude takes a 9mm slug to the forearm from about 15 feet away, slaps on a maxi-pad, and he's good to go.

:lmao: Pretty sure Happy is the real Robocop. Dude takes a 9mm slug to the forearm from about 15 feet away, slaps on a maxi-pad, and he's good to go.

That shooting was completely unnecessary.

• Like 1

The scene where Jax and Nero lay it all out and than he says goodbye to his kids really got to me.

Should have had Abel get real close to Jax then pull out a scalpel and dig into his neck like Juice got it

Don't tell me that screaming brat lives!!

The scene where Jax and Nero lay it all out and than he says goodbye to his kids really got to me.

On almost any other TV show that scene would have been touching. But feeling any emotion during SoA (other than shame) is next to impossible. It would be like watching the 3 Stooges and feeling sorry for Larry.

• Like 1

I know I haven't paid super close attention to this season, but where did that Mexican midget come from? I just noticed he's in the gang. Since when? Also, how is it Sutter forgot he wasted an entire season with some asinine Juice half black story, then has the gang just throw in a black guy?

Edited by Hilts

I know I haven't paid super close attention to this season, but where did that Mexican midget come from? I just noticed he's in the gang. Since when? Also, how is it Sutter forgot he wasted an entire season with some asinine Juice half black story, then has the gang just throw in a black guy?

Change is good.

Don't you listen?